Jump to topic:

God is an extraterrestrial

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:00:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Defined by Merriam webster as, "originating, existing, or occurring outside the earth or its atmosphere"

Since God is omnipresent, God existed before the Earth's atmosphere existed and is is also currently present outside of it.

God fulfills the definition of Extraterrestrial completely.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:01:36 PM
Really though, God isn't just an extraterrestrial.. God is THE Extraterrestrial.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:02:32 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:00:40 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Defined by Merriam webster as, "originating, existing, or occurring outside the earth or its atmosphere"

Since God is omnipresent, God existed before the Earth's atmosphere existed and is is also currently present outside of it.

Was that over 110 years ago?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:33:47 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:01:36 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Really though, God isn't just an extraterrestrial.. God is THE Extraterrestrial.

Has he phoned home?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:35:31 PM
If home is where the heart is, and your heart is with God, you will always be right at home.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:17:50 AM
Now you can say with a straight face that everything was created by the extraterrestrial alien.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:05:26 AM
At 6/16/2016 9:00:40 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

God is of the universe he is said to have created? That's incoherent. Perhaps you mean god is "hypercosmic"...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:08:28 AM
At 6/17/2016 1:05:26 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
God is of the universe he is said to have created? That's incoherent. Perhaps you mean god is "hypercosmic"...

The Ultimate Reality encompasses all realities.

The Lord of All Worlds.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:22:19 AM
At 6/17/2016 1:08:28 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

The Ultimate Absurdity encompasses all absurdities!

The Lord of All Worlds.

If you're not going to try to correct an obvious problem with your definition of god, then you might as well embrace absurdity.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:35:47 AM
At 6/17/2016 2:22:19 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

The Lord of All Worlds.

If you're not going to try to correct an obvious problem with your definition of god, then you might as well embrace absurdity.

I don't see a problem.

I also don't know what you mean by saying, "embrace absurdity", but it sounds awfully wicked.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:42:36 AM
At 6/17/2016 2:35:47 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

The Lord of All Worlds.

I don't see a problem.

I also don't know what you mean by saying, "embrace absurdity", but it sounds awfully wicked.

If you're willing to label god merely as an "extraterrestrial", then you are allowing the possibility that god is not transcendent. If god is born of this universe, then he obviously couldn't create it.

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:59:38 AM
At 6/17/2016 2:42:36 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

The Lord of All Worlds.

I don't see a problem.

If you're willing to label god merely as an "extraterrestrial", then you are allowing the possibility that god is not transcendent. If god is born of this universe, then he obviously couldn't create it.

Not at all. I'm not saying god is "merely" anything.

Surely it isn't incorrect to say that a rock is hard? My head is hard. Wait, how can a rock and my head both be hard?

Theism

The

ism

Theism is fundamentally about "the". Specifically, "The Is".

I am that I am?

There is a reason why my consistency is not being perceived, lest people understand and repent.

The Ultimate Reality. Acknowledge God, and turn from your wickedness.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:25:45 AM
At 6/17/2016 2:59:38 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 2:42:36 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

The Lord of All Worlds.

I don't see a problem.

Not at all. I'm not saying god is "merely" anything.

Surely it isn't incorrect to say that a rock is hard? My head is hard. Wait, how can a rock and my head both be hard?

Theism

The

ism

Theism is fundamentally about "the". Specifically, "The Is".

I am that I am?

There is a reason why my consistency is not being perceived, lest people understand and repent.

The Ultimate Reality. Acknowledge God, and turn from your wickedness.

I suppose you can make any label apply to god if you change the definitions. That's brilliantly precise sloppiness, sir. Keep up the good work. ;-)

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:03:02 AM
At 6/17/2016 3:25:45 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
I suppose you can make any label apply to god if you change the definitions. That's brilliantly precise sloppiness, sir. Keep up the good work. ;-)

I'm using dictionary definitions.

The sloppiness of people's language and how it effects their understanding of reality should be made obvious. The average person's lexicon is riddled with superstition. The result is a skewed perception of reality. It's natural.

However, it does much to confuse language. Truly, this is the work of the enemy.

Those who deny God do so to their own detriment. No one can hide their thoughts from God. No one can hide their hearts from God. God is not mocked. Those who do not receive the love of truth have willingly chosen delusion, this is certain. Repent and believe The Gospel, that The Truth will set you free!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:30:59 AM
At 6/17/2016 4:03:02 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

You're equivocating. You defined the verb form of "extraterrestrial" while using it as a noun in your title. So, you're not appropriately using the definitions, bud.

The noun form of extraterrestrial is:
a hypothetical or fictional being from outer space, especially an intelligent one.

Overlooking the easy jabs I could make from this definition, I'll just direct your attention to the "from outer space" part of the definition and and point you back to my earlier post:

http://www.debate.org...

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:45:49 AM
At 6/17/2016 4:30:59 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

You're equivocating. You defined the verb form of "extraterrestrial" while using it as a noun in your title. So, you're not appropriately using the definitions, bud.

a hypothetical or fictional being from outer space, especially an intelligent one.

Overlooking the easy jabs I could make from this definition, I'll just direct your attention to the "from outer space" part of the definition and and point you back to my earlier post:

God is One. This One is singular in being absolutely unique and incomparable. This One is everywhere in creation.

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:59:05 AM
At 6/17/2016 4:45:49 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

God is One. This One is singular in being absolutely unique and incomparable. This One is everywhere in creation.

Assuming for the sake of the argument that this is true, it simply does not equate to extraterrestrial. You might have said god, being omnipresent, is in outer space, but that is not the same as being from outer space.

You can carry on if your like, but there's nothing more for me to add. Have a good night. ;-)

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 5:14:11 AM
At 6/17/2016 4:59:05 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Assuming for the sake of the argument that this is true, it simply does not equate to extraterrestrial. You might have said god, being omnipresent, is in outer space, but that is not the same as being from outer space.

You can carry on if your like, but there's nothing more for me to add. Have a good night. ;-)

You reek of smugness, but I don't think it's truly justified.

Being from outer space is not necessary. The integral thing is that it originates outside the Earth or it's atmosphere. Since God existed before Earth, God could not have originated on Earth.

This easily fulfills the definition of "extraterrestrial".
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 10:01:52 AM
At 6/17/2016 5:14:11 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 4:59:05 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

You reek of smugness, but I don't think it's truly justified.

Being from outer space is not necessary. The integral thing is that it originates outside the Earth or it's atmosphere. Since God existed before Earth, God could not have originated on Earth.

This easily fulfills the definition of "extraterrestrial".

Whether it is God, extraterrestrial or any number of nouns it seems you have a consistent habit of assigning them to mean what you want which I find entertaining to a degree but hardly conducive to intelligent argument.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:50:01 PM
At 6/17/2016 10:01:52 AM, Willows wrote:
Whether it is God, extraterrestrial or any number of nouns it seems you have a consistent habit of assigning them to mean what you want which I find entertaining to a degree but hardly conducive to intelligent argument.

See, this is where you are mistaken. I'm not doing this arbitrarily. I'm trying to point out how people have been programmed to understand words in a way that is not entirely in line with the dictionary definition.

You see, one of the reasons why people struggle so hard with God is that their understanding of language is either too narrow or too loaded with baggage.

It still amazes me that people can flounder over "The Ultimate Reality" for such a period of time and still not get what it means. This is the intellectual laziness I'm dealing with. But you know, that is to be expected.

See, debating the existence of God is a total waste of time if the people you are debating with don't understand it to begin with. It's like a bunch of kids arguing over a riddle they think they've figured out when in reality none of them have actually figured out the riddle.

So what am I faced with? Vehement denial, constant attempt to undermine the fact that this is what is written in the dictionary, and just about any type of theophobic and averse behavior you can think of in order to avoid this definition. They know how this definition makes them wrong. They are too prideful to admit it, so they desperately keep pushing their straw men.

It's pretty rare to get people to accept the definition, and the ones who do so and understand what the definition means are not usually dumb enough to argue against it. Some people people try though, but they've adopted a futile position.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:56:22 PM
At 6/17/2016 3:50:01 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 10:01:52 AM, Willows wrote:

See, this is where you are mistaken. I'm not doing this arbitrarily. I'm trying to point out how people have been programmed to understand words in a way that is not entirely in line with the dictionary definition.

You see, one of the reasons why people struggle so hard with God is that their understanding of language is either too narrow or too loaded with baggage.

It still amazes me that people can flounder over "The Ultimate Reality" for such a period of time and still not get what it means. This is the intellectual laziness I'm dealing with. But you know, that is to be expected.

See, debating the existence of God is a total waste of time if the people you are debating with don't understand it to begin with. It's like a bunch of kids arguing over a riddle they think they've figured out when in reality none of them have actually figured out the riddle.

So what am I faced with? Vehement denial, constant attempt to undermine the fact that this is what is written in the dictionary, and just about any type of theophobic and averse behavior you can think of in order to avoid this definition. They know how this definition makes them wrong. They are too prideful to admit it, so they desperately keep pushing their straw men.

It's pretty rare to get people to accept the definition, and the ones who do so and understand what the definition means are not usually dumb enough to argue against it. Some people people try though, but they've adopted a futile position.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin