Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

God is supernatural

SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.

God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.


God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So do fairies.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:47:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM, desmac wrote:
So do fairies.

Definition of fairy
plural fairies
1
a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers
2
usually disparaging : a male homosexual

The integral thing being that supernatural in itself is intrinsically tied to our observation.

A myth is something unverifiable and existing in the imagination. That means that it hasn't been realized yet by the observer. In other words, a "myth" is intrinsically tied to the observer. What is mythological to you is confirmed reality by another.

Magic is defined as " the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces". The significant thing here is that belief is integral, and belief is intrinsically tied to observation.

But certainly, to some fairies are supernatural. To those who see the hidden things, fairies are very real and natural beings.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:18:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.


God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

First I will give you the dictionary definition of a concept. Then, because it is in the dictionary, I will pretend that this concept pertains to reality. Then, as my final trick, I will equate my Sky Fairy with this concept by asserting that it has similar qualities. The hope is that you will overlook my earlier sleight of hand and think that I have actually shown something profound.

LMAO.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:32:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'll keep pointing. You have to expect that a few people will stare at your finger when you do these things.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:37:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:47:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM, desmac wrote:
So do fairies.

Definition of fairy
plural fairies
1
a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers
2
usually disparaging : a male homosexual



The integral thing being that supernatural in itself is intrinsically tied to our observation.

A myth is something unverifiable and existing in the imagination. That means that it hasn't been realized yet by the observer. In other words, a "myth" is intrinsically tied to the observer. What is mythological to you is confirmed reality by another.

Magic is defined as " the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces". The significant thing here is that belief is integral, and belief is intrinsically tied to observation.


But certainly, to some fairies are supernatural. To those who see the hidden things, fairies are very real and natural beings.
Invisible martians are real, don't you agree?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:45:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 11:37:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:47:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM, desmac wrote:
So do fairies.

Definition of fairy
plural fairies
1
a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers
2
usually disparaging : a male homosexual



The integral thing being that supernatural in itself is intrinsically tied to our observation.

A myth is something unverifiable and existing in the imagination. That means that it hasn't been realized yet by the observer. In other words, a "myth" is intrinsically tied to the observer. What is mythological to you is confirmed reality by another.

Magic is defined as " the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces". The significant thing here is that belief is integral, and belief is intrinsically tied to observation.


But certainly, to some fairies are supernatural. To those who see the hidden things, fairies are very real and natural beings.
Invisible martians are real, don't you agree?

Definition of martian
.: of or relating to the planet Mars or its hypothetical inhabitants

Full Definition of inhabitant
.: one that occupies a particular place regularly, routinely, or for a period of time

Technically yes, you could say that there are rocks hiding in the shadows on mars that we are not aware of.

It is reasonable to believe that there are invisible martians.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:07:48 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

Do you think all gods and other invisible characters in any stories written by humans are supernatural because they are not observable in the universe and exist only in human imagination?

2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature

Nothing real observably appears to transcend the laws of nature.

b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

Do you consider all ghosts to be supernatural or are they natural results of natural illusions including natural illusions of the human mind and its perceptions.

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

So is fantasy land. It is a product of human imagination and speculation.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

Nope, the laws of nature and unlimited power have always existed. Laws of nature are not dictated by unlimited power. The powers of nature are part of nature itself not something separate from nature.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.

So is human imagination.

God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So does imagination. It exists beyond what anyone can observe.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:13:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:07:48 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

Do you think all gods and other invisible characters in any stories written by humans are supernatural because they are not observable in the universe and exist only in human imagination?

2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature

Nothing real observably appears to transcend the laws of nature.

b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

Do you consider all ghosts to be supernatural or are they natural results of natural illusions including natural illusions of the human mind and its perceptions.

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

So is fantasy land. It is a product of human imagination and speculation.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

Nope, the laws of nature and unlimited power have always existed. Laws of nature are not dictated by unlimited power. The powers of nature are part of nature itself not something separate from nature.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.

So is human imagination.

God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So does imagination. It exists beyond what anyone can observe.

Glad that we understand that God fulfills the definition of supernatural.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:06:52 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:13:56 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:07:48 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

Do you think all gods and other invisible characters in any stories written by humans are supernatural because they are not observable in the universe and exist only in human imagination?

2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature

Nothing real observably appears to transcend the laws of nature.

b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

Do you consider all ghosts to be supernatural or are they natural results of natural illusions including natural illusions of the human mind and its perceptions.

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

So is fantasy land. It is a product of human imagination and speculation.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

Nope, the laws of nature and unlimited power have always existed. Laws of nature are not dictated by unlimited power. The powers of nature are part of nature itself not something separate from nature.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.

So is human imagination.

God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So does imagination. It exists beyond what anyone can observe.


Glad that we understand that God fulfills the definition of supernatural.

Nothing is supernatural S&T. Not even human imagination is supernatural just because it is beyond visible observation. Imagination is a perfectly natural aspect of the human mind even if no one else but the individual can "see" what is in his own imagination.
As for God being supernatural, ( relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe); If you define God as the ultimate reality, this God cannot be supernatural due to ultimate reality including all that is perfectly natural and all that relates to an order of existence 'beyond' the visible observable universe; in the sense that imaginary reality is "beyond" observable reality due to the fact that none of us can observe what is in anyone elses mind or imagination at any random time.
To claim that God is "beyond" the visible observable universe is no different to claiming any mythical character is "beyond" the visible observable universe.
Do you think that makes all imaginary characters supernatural? OR.. are they merely a product of the perfectly natural human imagination which is obviously not "beyond" in the sense of being "outside" of this universe? All humans and our imaginations are an intricate part of this universe. We can imagine plenty of things "beyond the universe" but we need to admit such imaginations are pure speculation and totally unproveable. To believe there is anything "beyond" the universe is illogical due to the definition of the universe being "all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos."

Nothing can exist "beyond" ALL that exists regardless of whether humans can see and observe ALL that exists or not.
Ultimate reality includes ALL there is and if you include everything imaginable, you would need to include all that you imagine to be 'beyond' your own imagination or 'beyond' anything else as well.

Fantasy is simply part of reality in the sense that all imagined things are part of the reality of human imagination. However, that does not make mythical characters some supernatural beings which exist beyond the universe. They exist no place except in human imagination which is within the universe not beyond it.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:17:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:06:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:13:56 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:07:48 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

Do you think all gods and other invisible characters in any stories written by humans are supernatural because they are not observable in the universe and exist only in human imagination?

2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature

Nothing real observably appears to transcend the laws of nature.

b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

Do you consider all ghosts to be supernatural or are they natural results of natural illusions including natural illusions of the human mind and its perceptions.

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

So is fantasy land. It is a product of human imagination and speculation.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

Nope, the laws of nature and unlimited power have always existed. Laws of nature are not dictated by unlimited power. The powers of nature are part of nature itself not something separate from nature.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.

So is human imagination.

God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So does imagination. It exists beyond what anyone can observe.


Glad that we understand that God fulfills the definition of supernatural.

Nothing is supernatural S&T. Not even human imagination is supernatural just because it is beyond visible observation. Imagination is a perfectly natural aspect of the human mind even if no one else but the individual can "see" what is in his own imagination.
As for God being supernatural, ( relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe); If you define God as the ultimate reality, this God cannot be supernatural due to ultimate reality including all that is perfectly natural and all that relates to an order of existence 'beyond' the visible observable universe; in the sense that imaginary reality is "beyond" observable reality due to the fact that none of us can observe what is in anyone elses mind or imagination at any random time.
To claim that God is "beyond" the visible observable universe is no different to claiming any mythical character is "beyond" the visible observable universe.
Do you think that makes all imaginary characters supernatural? OR.. are they merely a product of the perfectly natural human imagination which is obviously not "beyond" in the sense of being "outside" of this universe? All humans and our imaginations are an intricate part of this universe. We can imagine plenty of things "beyond the universe" but we need to admit such imaginations are pure speculation and totally unproveable. To believe there is anything "beyond" the universe is illogical due to the definition of the universe being "all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos."

Nothing can exist "beyond" ALL that exists regardless of whether humans can see and observe ALL that exists or not.
Ultimate reality includes ALL there is and if you include everything imaginable, you would need to include all that you imagine to be 'beyond' your own imagination or 'beyond' anything else as well.

Fantasy is simply part of reality in the sense that all imagined things are part of the reality of human imagination. However, that does not make mythical characters some supernatural beings which exist beyond the universe. They exist no place except in human imagination which is within the universe not beyond it.

The Universe isn't "all that exists", it is " the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated". This means that the universe is intrinsically tied to observation and postulation. It is intrinsically creation.

I'm not talking about a concept, I'm talking about what the concept points to. The concept points to something that is beyond comprehension, but necessary.

I'm talking about The Ultimate Reality. God is not mocked.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 5:15:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:17:53 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:06:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:13:56 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:07:48 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

Do you think all gods and other invisible characters in any stories written by humans are supernatural because they are not observable in the universe and exist only in human imagination?

2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature

Nothing real observably appears to transcend the laws of nature.

b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

Do you consider all ghosts to be supernatural or are they natural results of natural illusions including natural illusions of the human mind and its perceptions.

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

So is fantasy land. It is a product of human imagination and speculation.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

Nope, the laws of nature and unlimited power have always existed. Laws of nature are not dictated by unlimited power. The powers of nature are part of nature itself not something separate from nature.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.

So is human imagination.

God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So does imagination. It exists beyond what anyone can observe.


Glad that we understand that God fulfills the definition of supernatural.

Nothing is supernatural S&T. Not even human imagination is supernatural just because it is beyond visible observation. Imagination is a perfectly natural aspect of the human mind even if no one else but the individual can "see" what is in his own imagination.
As for God being supernatural, ( relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe); If you define God as the ultimate reality, this God cannot be supernatural due to ultimate reality including all that is perfectly natural and all that relates to an order of existence 'beyond' the visible observable universe; in the sense that imaginary reality is "beyond" observable reality due to the fact that none of us can observe what is in anyone elses mind or imagination at any random time.
To claim that God is "beyond" the visible observable universe is no different to claiming any mythical character is "beyond" the visible observable universe.
Do you think that makes all imaginary characters supernatural? OR.. are they merely a product of the perfectly natural human imagination which is obviously not "beyond" in the sense of being "outside" of this universe? All humans and our imaginations are an intricate part of this universe. We can imagine plenty of things "beyond the universe" but we need to admit such imaginations are pure speculation and totally unproveable. To believe there is anything "beyond" the universe is illogical due to the definition of the universe being "all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos."

Nothing can exist "beyond" ALL that exists regardless of whether humans can see and observe ALL that exists or not.
Ultimate reality includes ALL there is and if you include everything imaginable, you would need to include all that you imagine to be 'beyond' your own imagination or 'beyond' anything else as well.

Fantasy is simply part of reality in the sense that all imagined things are part of the reality of human imagination. However, that does not make mythical characters some supernatural beings which exist beyond the universe. They exist no place except in human imagination which is within the universe not beyond it.

The Universe isn't "all that exists", it is " the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated". This means that the universe is intrinsically tied to observation and postulation. It is intrinsically creation.

I'm not talking about a concept, I'm talking about what the concept points to. The concept points to something that is beyond comprehension, but necessary.

I'm talking about The Ultimate Reality. God is not mocked.

God is not mocked because she doesn't exist.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:00:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:17:53 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:06:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Nothing is supernatural S&T. Not even human imagination is supernatural just because it is beyond visible observation. Imagination is a perfectly natural aspect of the human mind even if no one else but the individual can "see" what is in his own imagination.
As for God being supernatural, ( relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe); If you define God as the ultimate reality, this God cannot be supernatural due to ultimate reality including all that is perfectly natural and all that relates to an order of existence 'beyond' the visible observable universe; in the sense that imaginary reality is "beyond" observable reality due to the fact that none of us can observe what is in anyone elses mind or imagination at any random time.
To claim that God is "beyond" the visible observable universe is no different to claiming any mythical character is "beyond" the visible observable universe.
Do you think that makes all imaginary characters supernatural? OR.. are they merely a product of the perfectly natural human imagination which is obviously not "beyond" in the sense of being "outside" of this universe? All humans and our imaginations are an intricate part of this universe. We can imagine plenty of things "beyond the universe" but we need to admit such imaginations are pure speculation and totally unproveable. To believe there is anything "beyond" the universe is illogical due to the definition of the universe being "all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos."

Nothing can exist "beyond" ALL that exists regardless of whether humans can see and observe ALL that exists or not.
Ultimate reality includes ALL there is and if you include everything imaginable, you would need to include all that you imagine to be 'beyond' your own imagination or 'beyond' anything else as well.

Fantasy is simply part of reality in the sense that all imagined things are part of the reality of human imagination. However, that does not make mythical characters some supernatural beings which exist beyond the universe. They exist no place except in human imagination which is within the universe not beyond it.

The Universe isn't "all that exists", it is " the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated". This means that the universe is intrinsically tied to observation and postulation. It is intrinsically creation.

You are the one who started with dictionary definitions as some kind of standard of truth and reality.
According to the dictionaries the universe is indeed all that exists due to being defined that way.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
(the universe) All existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.

Notice it says ALL existing matter and space which implies ALL space. It combines space with matter as a whole. That basically includes all the empty "nothingness" around matter as well as all matter in existence. It excludes nothing. Space has no boundaries. Therefore you cannot go "beyond" the universe since you cannot go "beyond" something that has no boundaries. You need a boundary in order to go beyond the boundary.
The Merriam Webster definition which you used does not mean the universe is tied to observation and postulation. What you think the definition 'means' is created by your own perception.
The universe is not tied to human observation or postulation. It is what it is and if humans did not exist in it, it would still be what it is without humans. Human observation and postulation is tied to finite human minds.
The way I perceive the Merriam Webster definition is that the whole body of things and phenomena is ALL that exists. the part about being observed or postulated to me means that it is all that humans can see and imagine as well as all they cannot see or imagine. Ultimately it still includes ALL there is or all that exists, has existed in the past and will exist in the future.

The difference with your perception and mine is that you seem to separate the universe which is ALL that exists from 'something else' and want to claim that 'something else' is separate from the universe or beyond the universe. I am trying to explain to you that there cannot be a "beyond" something that has no boundaries. All that exists is within that which has no boundaries or within infinity or within eternity. You cannot go beyond the universe any more than you can go beyond infinity or eternity.
I am sure you are intelligent enough to comprehend that, if you try hard.
Now make an attempt to understand that the term "infinity and beyond" is merely a figure of speech attributed to a cartoon character and nothing literally exists beyond infinity since you cannot reach infinity to go beyond it.
http://cdn.quotesgram.com...

I'm not talking about a concept, I'm talking about what the concept points to. The concept points to something that is beyond comprehension, but necessary.

Obviously it is beyond your comprehension because you believe it is, but it's not beyond mine. I don't believe anything is beyond the human comprehension of those who want to comprehend and make an effort to comprehend it.

I'm talking about The Ultimate Reality. God is not mocked.

Ultimate reality is all that exists in the present, has ever existed in the past and will exist in the future.
No one is mocking reality or ultimate reality. People mock other people when they think their ideas, concept and beliefs are ridiculous. It is a waste of time mocking mythical characters since they do not react anyway. Only humans react to mockery.
I think your idea or belief that anything is beyond the universe or beyond human comprehension is illogical and ridiculous and indicates that you place boundaries on physical space, human thoughts and imaginations, which logically have no boundaries.
You need to learn to think outside that box of yours which causes you to lack comprehension of that which has no boundaries. Your own beliefs cause you to remain ignorant due to the fact that you believe some things are incomprehensible.
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:19:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 11:37:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:47:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM, desmac wrote:
So do fairies.

Definition of fairy
plural fairies
1
a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers
2
usually disparaging : a male homosexual



The integral thing being that supernatural in itself is intrinsically tied to our observation.

A myth is something unverifiable and existing in the imagination. That means that it hasn't been realized yet by the observer. In other words, a "myth" is intrinsically tied to the observer. What is mythological to you is confirmed reality by another.

Magic is defined as " the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces". The significant thing here is that belief is integral, and belief is intrinsically tied to observation.


But certainly, to some fairies are supernatural. To those who see the hidden things, fairies are very real and natural beings.
Invisible martians are real, don't you agree?

Yes there is a book about invisible martians, so they have to be real.
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:03:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.


God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

Full Definition of superstition;
excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings.
synonyms: unfounded belief, credulity, fallacy, delusion, illusion; More
magic, sorcery; hooey
"a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief.
plural noun: superstitions
synonyms: myth, belief, old wives' tale;
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:35:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Puh.... Oxford... Don't shove your redcoat dictionary on me, I'm an American. Hahaha

Really, if you knew how they come up with their definitions... Look up the difference between "descriptive" and "prescriptive" methods. If some marketing executives manage to schmuck a generation into using a word incorrectly, it'll probably become the new definition in Oxford.

If you look up Oxford's definition of "matter" it says "Physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy:"

In other words, you are wrong, because according to Oxford, thought does not exist in the universe.

Yeah, this is pretty consistent with the lies the government feeds people. Meanwhile, governments invest ridiculous sums of money into exploiting these forces because they are causally linked to Oxford's Universe... Meaning, mind and spirit are indeed physical, and scientists with oversized computers are scrambling around as we speak to figure out new ways to utilize these forces.

Sounds crazy? What do you think the internet was made for? Really made for I mean? What do you think facebook is? What do you think google is? It's only going to get more pervasive, all of this technology, and the goal is control. The robots are coming. Bwahaha

Anyway, look, if you think that God can be held captive to your vain imaginations, you're delusional. By being "The Ultimate Reality", any conception or thought you have could not be it.

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found,
call ye upon him while he is near:
let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the Lord,
and he will have mercy upon him;
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:39:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 3:03:06 AM, missmedic wrote:
Full Definition of superstition;
excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings.
synonyms: unfounded belief, credulity, fallacy, delusion, illusion; More
magic, sorcery; hooey
"a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief.
plural noun: superstitions
synonyms: myth, belief, old wives' tale;

To be close to God is to be free of superstition.

Why is it that only a wicked and adulterous generation demand a miracle? Because they are superstitious.

But you know, I like Merriam-Websters definition more.

"Full Definition of superstition
1
a : a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation
b : an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition
2
.: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary"
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:51:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:39:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/18/2016 3:03:06 AM, missmedic wrote:
Full Definition of superstition;
excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings.
synonyms: unfounded belief, credulity, fallacy, delusion, illusion; More
magic, sorcery; hooey
"a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief.
plural noun: superstitions
synonyms: myth, belief, old wives' tale;

To be close to God is to be free of superstition.

Why is it that only a wicked and adulterous generation demand a miracle? Because they are superstitious.
I don't demand miracles, just show me a model of the universe in which some god is "either required, productive, or useful."
But you know, I like Merriam-Websters definition more.

"Full Definition of superstition
1
a : a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation
b : an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition
2
.: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary"

Does rational thinking require the adherence to beliefs at all? Does productive science, ethics, or a satisfied life require any attachment to a belief of any kind? one need not own beliefs of any kind to establish scientific facts, observe and enjoy nature, or live a productive, moral, and useful life.
Beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. Faith pretends that evidence for or against an idea is irrelevant.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:52:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I don't think people realize that when most people are theologically ignorant, the meaning of these words change to reflect that ignorance in dictionaries like Oxford.

The result is a positive feedback loop to where people become even more ignorant about theology.

Truly, the shamans who control our language construct our world.

Everyone should use "Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary eleventh edition", it's the best English dictionary out there, period. You know, unless you want to keep using confused language for the rest of your life. It also happens to be hosted for free on the Merriam Webster website.

If you are a real maniac, they have an unabridged dictionary too, but you gotta subscribe.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:19:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:51:37 PM, missmedic wrote:
Does rational thinking require the adherence to beliefs at all? Does productive science, ethics, or a satisfied life require any attachment to a belief of any kind? one need not own beliefs of any kind to establish scientific facts, observe and enjoy nature, or live a productive, moral, and useful life.
Beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. Faith pretends that evidence for or against an idea is irrelevant.

This is patently ridiculous. Of course rational thinking requires adherence to belief. All of these thing you mention do. You don't understand that concept of faith either.

Full Definition of faith
1
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2
a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3
.: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

At least one of these definitions is relevently applied to everything you just mentioned.

But as far as God goes, this is where the faith is at. The faith is that there is such a thing as Truth and Ultimate Reality, because it is absurd to think that you can prove such a thing. The However, if you don't acknowledge this, you might as well be the one saying "evidence for or against an idea is irrelevant". Why does it mean anything else to people? Because their language has been confused. It's really simple.

Seriously, don't let atheists define language. The reason why they are ignorant to begin with has to do with bad language.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:25:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:35:43 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Puh.... Oxford... Don't shove your redcoat dictionary on me, I'm an American. Hahaha

Really, if you knew how they come up with their definitions... Look up the difference between "descriptive" and "prescriptive" methods. If some marketing executives manage to schmuck a generation into using a word incorrectly, it'll probably become the new definition in Oxford.

If you look up Oxford's definition of "matter" it says "Physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy:"

In other words, you are wrong, because according to Oxford, thought does not exist in the universe.

Yeah, this is pretty consistent with the lies the government feeds people. Meanwhile, governments invest ridiculous sums of money into exploiting these forces because they are causally linked to Oxford's Universe... Meaning, mind and spirit are indeed physical, and scientists with oversized computers are scrambling around as we speak to figure out new ways to utilize these forces.

Sounds crazy? What do you think the internet was made for? Really made for I mean? What do you think facebook is? What do you think google is? It's only going to get more pervasive, all of this technology, and the goal is control. The robots are coming. Bwahaha

Anyway, look, if you think that God can be held captive to your vain imaginations, you're delusional. By being "The Ultimate Reality", any conception or thought you have could not be it.

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found,
call ye upon him while he is near:
let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the Lord,
and he will have mercy upon him;
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Spirit and lies was around at the time of the redcoats.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:46:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.


God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So do fairies.

What you got against fairies? You a homophobe?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:49:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 3:46:58 PM, nothead wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:16:00 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:08:14 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Full Definition of supernatural
1
.: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2
a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

God happens to be THe Order of Existence Beyond the Visible Observable Universe.

God is Omnipotent, so God does transcend the laws of nature. The laws of nature were dictated by God.

God cannot be seen, so God is an invisible agent.


God fulfills the definition of "supernatural" completely.

So do fairies.

What you got against fairies? You a homophobe?

The only problem I have with fairies (and gods) is their non-existence).
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:51:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:51:37 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 6/18/2016 2:39:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 6/18/2016 3:03:06 AM, missmedic wrote:
Full Definition of superstition;
excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings.
synonyms: unfounded belief, credulity, fallacy, delusion, illusion; More
magic, sorcery; hooey
"a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief.
plural noun: superstitions
synonyms: myth, belief, old wives' tale;

To be close to God is to be free of superstition.

Why is it that only a wicked and adulterous generation demand a miracle? Because they are superstitious.
I don't demand miracles, just show me a model of the universe in which some god is "either required, productive, or useful."
But you know, I like Merriam-Websters definition more.

"Full Definition of superstition
1
a : a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation
b : an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition
2
.: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary"

Does rational thinking require the adherence to beliefs at all? Does productive science, ethics, or a satisfied life require any attachment to a belief of any kind? one need not own beliefs of any kind to establish scientific facts, observe and enjoy nature, or live a productive, moral, and useful life.
Beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. Faith pretends that evidence for or against an idea is irrelevant.

Love cannot be quantified OR qualified. We say love is "quality time" but this is misnomer and untrue. A bitty itty smidgen of goodly love covers a vast ground, much more than half-assed, what is considered love and is not at all.

"Love" is letting your son play pee-wee football, a future lawsuit against you for letting him get dain bramage. This has been BOTH quantified AND qualified.

True Love in the spiritual world is the agape, to DIE for love a bear mother has for her cubs. This could last 2 seconds and does NOT encompass "quality time" at all.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 10:59:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:35:43 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Puh.... Oxford... Don't shove your redcoat dictionary on me, I'm an American. Hahaha

What difference does it make?
You like shoving your dictionary onto others.

Really, if you knew how they come up with their definitions... Look up the difference between "descriptive" and "prescriptive" methods. If some marketing executives manage to schmuck a generation into using a word incorrectly, it'll probably become the new definition in Oxford.

Dictionaries are created by humans who all have different perceptions. The readers of those dictionaries also don't all interpret the definitions in the same way either.

If you look up Oxford's definition of "matter" it says "Physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy:"

In other words, you are wrong, because according to Oxford, thought does not exist in the universe.

Right and wrong are a matter of human perception and judgement when it comes to anything at all.
Arguing about which dictionary is right and which is wrong is no different to arguing about about which bible translation is right or wrong. In the end, it always boils down to human perception and what people decide to personally accept and reject..

Yeah, this is pretty consistent with the lies the government feeds people. Meanwhile, governments invest ridiculous sums of money into exploiting these forces because they are causally linked to Oxford's Universe... Meaning, mind and spirit are indeed physical, and scientists with oversized computers are scrambling around as we speak to figure out new ways to utilize these forces.

Sounds crazy? What do you think the internet was made for? Really made for I mean? What do you think facebook is? What do you think google is? It's only going to get more pervasive, all of this technology, and the goal is control. The robots are coming. Bwahaha

Well you better run and hide if you are afraid of what will happen in future.

Anyway, look, if you think that God can be held captive to your vain imaginations, you're delusional. By being "The Ultimate Reality", any conception or thought you have could not be it.

I don't believe anything at all can be held captive in human imagination. If you think anything can, that would make you delusional. The things in human imagination are thoughts, ideas, dreams, concepts, and other abstract things. No one can hold thoughts or any other abstract things captive any more than they can hold the wind or space captive.

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found,
call ye upon him while he is near:
let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the Lord,
and he will have mercy upon him;
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

It seems that most people have the same attitude and like to convince themselves that their thoughts are higher, more important and superior to other peoples thoughts.
I believe my thoughts are superior to the thoughts of any gods. Gods are human creations. They have no thoughts at all unless people assign thoughts to the mythical characters.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 1:03:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:52:00 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Everyone should use "Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary eleventh edition", it's the best English dictionary out there, period.
Americans don't use the English language, so their dictionaries aren't English dictionaries.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin