Jump to topic:

homophobia

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 8:37:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
If I said I was completely disgusted with he thought of the homosexual sex act, especially between 'males' Am I homophobic? Am I discriminating?

If I said I hated chokos as they made me gag if I get them near my mouth, and am I chokophobic. I was born with my chokophobia and is is not something that I am ashamed of.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 9:27:47 AM
At 6/17/2016 8:37:26 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
If I said I was completely disgusted with he thought of the homosexual sex act, especially between 'males' Am I homophobic? Am I discriminating?

If I said I hated chokos as they made me gag if I get them near my mouth, and am I chokophobic. I was born with my chokophobia and is is not something that I am ashamed of.

Only very sick people find anything wrong with homosexuality, which is as normal as heterosexuality.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 9:34:04 AM

Yeah but you should be ashamed that you find love disgusting, but of course that is the response your have been indoctrinated to accept.
Godbotherers don't understand what love is because they get their knowledge of love from a book that possesses none.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 9:41:27 AM

The answer to each of your 2 questions is yes.
Homosexuals are human beings, not vegetables and such a crude, thoughtless and illogical analogy is typical of the disgusting ignorance and intolerance displayed by homophobes.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 9:48:29 AM

If I said I was completely disgusted with he thought of the homosexual sex act, especially between 'males' Am I homophobic?

Not if the definition of "homophobic" is fear of homosexuals.

Am I discriminating?

Yes, but in this case, you are not being immoral.

If I said I hated chokos as they made me gag if I get them near my mouth, and am I chokophobic.

Not unless you hated them because you feared them.

I was born with my chokophobia and is is not something that I am ashamed of.

Nor should you be.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 9:59:45 AM
If I said I was completely disgusted with he thought of the homosexual sex act, especially between 'males' Am I homophobic?
Yes. 'Disgusted' literally means 'unable to eat'. You can eat cow or sheep penis if you wish, but there's nothing you ever need eat in your life that involves a human penis.

Am I discriminating?
Not in itself, but you would be if it informed any social decision at all.

If I said I hated chokos as they made me gag if I get them near my mouth, and am I chokophobic.
a) Most people outside Australia don't know what a choko is (Rest of the World: it's a chayote [https://en.wikipedia.org...]);
b) I presume you've tried chokos, so it's not the same -- it's at best analogous unless you've tried gay sex and it literally made you unable to eat;
c) It seldom happens, but I too am vaguely repelled by the idea of a man trying to seduce me. However, a homosexual isn't a person who hits on you. It's a person who is attracted to, and may have sex with, consenting men. Since I'm not consenting, and I imagine you're not, why are you thinking about it? (And what is a 77 year-old man worried about, for pity's sake?)

I was born with my chokophobia and is is not something that I am ashamed of.
You cannot know what you were born with or why it appeared. You're simply saying you were 'born with it' to make it seem normal, unavoidable and therefore incontestible.

How ironic then that you do not offer homosexuals the same respect, when they may not have chosen to whom they were attracted, or how much attraction they felt.

You want this forum to take you at your word. Why don't you extend to homosexuals the same courtesy?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 10:03:05 AM
At 6/17/2016 9:59:45 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
You can eat cow or sheep penis if you wish

(By which of course I meant either a bull's penis, or perhaps some vegan strap-on alternative.)
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 10:04:08 AM

If I said.
You kind of didn't said .
With the thought.
That's OK.
Discrimination. ? Not if you just thought.
Being taught this , or confirmed this. By something you have never seen talk to and would never know. That's a bit troubling.

Believing in something you will never know or prove.
Fair enough nothing wrong with that.

Living you entire life according to something you will never know ,meet, or see.
Well well. That's just crazy.
God wouldn't do that.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 10:40:33 AM

Response: I can say you are not wrong because that is how you feel. As long as you do not express those feelings in a way to cause harm to a homosexual, then there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Whether f=these feelings can be defined as homophobic depends on what is the definition of homophobic.

I know I personally have the same feelings. The sight of two men being sexual towards each other makes my skin crawl. I think its so disgusting. If that means by definition I'm homophobic, then that's just what I am and proud of it.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:08:00 AM
At 6/17/2016 10:40:33 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I can say you are not wrong because that is how you feel. As long as you do not express those feelings in a way to cause harm to a homosexual, then there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Whether f=these feelings can be defined as homophobic depends on what is the definition of homophobic.

I know I personally have the same feelings. The sight of two men being sexual towards each other makes my skin crawl. I think its so disgusting. If that means by definition I'm homophobic, then that's just what I am and proud of it.

Are you proud too, Fati, Of your statement that children as young as 6 years old can show their like of sex?
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:02:29 PM
Only very sick people find things wrong with homosexuality? Straw man fallacy amigo, also- homosexuality is not natural, its one of the worst forms of sexual perversion.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:12:30 PM

If you are disgusted by homosexuality, that's your problem. But if you don't make your problem my problem, no harm has been done.
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:13:49 PM
At 6/17/2016 11:02:29 PM, harrytruman wrote:
Only very sick people find things wrong with homosexuality? Straw man fallacy amigo, also- homosexuality is not natural, its one of the worst forms of sexual perversion.

How is homosexuality unnatural?
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:14:46 PM

Over 450 animal species engage in homosexual behavior that we know of. They also do this quite frequently. [http://www.yalescientific.org...]

It may be true that you find homosexuality immoral -- but it's definitely natural. (Read as: found in nature.)
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:33:42 PM

You are just not gay. The homosexual act disgusts you. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. I don't think they care, well, maybe a few do. I think they just want to be treated as equal human beings and not face discrimination. Me, I have two gay brothers. I love them, but never want to think about what they or any other gay guys do sexually. The lesbians? Well that's different. Don't worry. your feelings are natural.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 11:44:28 PM
At 6/17/2016 9:27:47 AM, tarantula wrote:

Only very sick people find anything wrong with homosexuality, which is as normal as heterosexuality.

That is a ridiculous over the top statement. They are not sick at all. Maybe, just maybe you could say they need to try to be more sensitive, but sick? Come on.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:00:09 AM
Homosexuality is unnatural because the natural order is heterosexuality, if you put two male bunnies or two female bunnies in a cage together- they won't mate, they'll rip each other to shreds.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:01:34 AM
No, these are just some horny animals that are showing dominance, and occrs in nature doesn't mean its OK, rippng small animals to shghredds occurs in nature, not OK.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:04:13 AM
At 6/18/2016 12:01:34 AM, harrytruman wrote:
No, these are just some horny animals that are showing dominance, and occrs in nature doesn't mean its OK, rippng small animals to shghredds occurs in nature, not OK.

All animals, with the exception of humans and dolphins, only have sex because they are "horny". It literally occurs in nature, which means it's literally natural.

A predator killing and eating prey also happens in nature. Thus, it's natural. (And interestingly enough, humans do that too.)
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:18:27 AM
At 6/18/2016 12:01:34 AM, harrytruman wrote:

How do you explain male sheep with homosexual preferences?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:18:09 AM
At 6/17/2016 10:40:33 AM, Fatihah wrote:

ME: So you get the idea. Spreading the term Homophobia is like spreading the "Stolen Generation" for Australian Aboriginals. it is a ploy, a tactic to try to make people ashamed of their thoughts.

I would go so far as to say that it is Satan's ploy. This is a religious forum so one can find blame when the Bible condemns certain activity and Governments, that would poop on their mother's face for a vote, and the Clergy of some, short on congregations, church agree that it is moral to be a homo.

Just to give an idea on politicizing certain "Attitudes", years ago if you called an Australian aboriginal a Koori, you would be called a racist, Now, there same people have pride in calling themselves Kooris, and have a journal called the Koori Mail, which is a take off of the Queensland Newspaper the Courier Mail. Now if the name swap was done the other way around, the aboriginal industry would jump up and down and call foul and try to get some money out of the exchange.

Being 77 or 7 makes no difference to those who sexually prowl to satisfy a perverted urge. Look at the number of 80 year old women that are raped in their beds.

We call those the prey on children Pedophiles, ;however, having been raised in a beach side area, I would say that a lot of pedophiles are homosexuals out of luck at the time. Homosexuals are not looking for a young boy to"love" they are looking for something to satisfy their perversion and lust.

I hate the thought and sight of two males acting like a loving heterosexual couple. That hate, not at the persons but at the act, will remain with me until I die.

In Lot's time, when two angels visited The wicked city, the men of the city gathered around wanting to "Have relations with them". Now they were not looking to be in a happy couple relationship of love, or to get married and adopt kids, no sir, they just wanted to vent their perverted sexual desire. Nothing has changed except that those homos were wiped of the face of the earth.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:21:02 AM
At 6/17/2016 11:12:30 PM, Cobalt wrote:

If you are disgusted by homosexuality, that's your problem. But if you don't make your problem my problem, no harm has been done.

ME: This is how the homo lobby work, take a word out and change the context of a statement....I said, the homosexual act.

To add: My disgust at this act is not a problem, it just confirms that I am a normal human being, not a freak in some perverted sex game.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:26:58 AM
At 6/17/2016 11:14:46 PM, Cobalt wrote:

Over 450 animal species engage in homosexual behavior that we know of. They also do this quite frequently. [http://www.yalescientific.org...]

ME: So you equate homosexual humans to animals...Interesting.

It may be true that you find homosexuality immoral -- but it's definitely natural. (Read as: found in nature.)

ME: Natural and normal are words that are not very specific....If there are ten animals and 6 act in a certain way, then that is normal, but may not be natural. If 4 of 10 animals act in a certain way it is not normal, but may be natural that a majority do not act in the same way.

Homosexuality does not naturally occur in the human race, nor is it normal, as far more of the human race are heterosexual, as they were created, than perverted homosexuals.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:32:17 AM
At 6/17/2016 11:33:42 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You are just not gay. The homosexual act disgusts you. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. I don't think they care, well, maybe a few do. I think they just want to be treated as equal human beings and not face discrimination. Me, I have two gay brothers. I love them, but never want to think about what they or any other gay guys do sexually. The lesbians? Well that's different. Don't worry. your feelings are natural.

ME: But they are not equal human beings, they are not equal in number or moralistic issues. Just as pedophiles "enjoy" children, Homos enjoy the rare end of each other, as they cannot cope with the normal male female relationship, even with the sex removed.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:46:39 AM
At 6/18/2016 2:32:17 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/17/2016 11:33:42 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

ME: But they are not equal human beings, they are not equal in number or moralistic issues. Just as pedophiles "enjoy" children, Homos enjoy the rare end of each other, as they cannot cope with the normal male female relationship, even with the sex removed.

I still defend your right to be disgusted with the homosexual act of sex. Where we go in opposite directions is your statement that they are not equal human beings. I now believe that you are a troll.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:08:35 AM

Not really. Many homosexuals that I've met don't even like some "homosexual sex acts" (such as anal sex).

Even I cringe at the thought of two males having sex, but that is just due to my sexual preference, and has nothing to do with my actual thoughts on homosexuality.

You learn a phobia, you aren't born with it.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 3:18:32 AM
At 6/18/2016 2:26:58 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/17/2016 11:14:46 PM, Cobalt wrote:

ME: So you equate homosexual humans to animals...Interesting.

Homosexuals are animals. Heterosexuals are animals. Or to be more general -- human beings are animals. Any organic being that feeds upon organic matter is an animal.

ME: Natural and normal are words that are not very specific....If there are ten animals and 6 act in a certain way, then that is normal, but may not be natural. If 4 of 10 animals act in a certain way it is not normal, but may be natural that a majority do not act in the same way.

Homosexuality does not naturally occur in the human race, nor is it normal, as far more of the human race are heterosexual, as they were created, than perverted homosexuals.

The definition of natural is "existing in nature; not made or caused by mankind". If we are to determine whether something is "natural", out best bet is to look at *nature*. If we are talking about "natural animal behavior" it is best to look at non-human *animals* in *nature*. Homosexuality occurs frequently in animals, therefore it is *natural*.

I'm not sure if we have enough information to determine whether homosexuality is "normal" in nature, given that "normal" means "the average". We do know of some 450 species which regularly engage in homosexual acts and some homosexual acts have been observed at least one time in over 1500 species.

I imagine that the "average" animal engages in homosexual acts less than heterosexual acts. But I also know that the average animal spends more time not eating than eating. That doesn't mean animals don't feel inclined to eat, just as it doesn't mean animals don't feel inclined to engage in homosexual acts.

As far as humans are concerned, the majority of people throughout history have been heterosexual. However, every culture has documented that gay people existed in that culture. In the Greek and Roman eras, homosexuality was very common. Today, it is somewhat common. The fact that a fraction of every culture has homosexuals implies very heavily that homosexuality naturally occurs in humans.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 5:47:33 AM
At 6/17/2016 10:03:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/17/2016 9:59:45 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
You can eat cow or sheep penis if you wish

(By which of course I meant either a bull's penis, or perhaps some vegan strap-on alternative.)
The silly old fart is getting nowhere near mine. LMAO
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin