Total Posts:132|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Homosexuality is EVIL!!

Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Use you logic, if it is in sufficient amount to give you any benefit: If a man suddenly tells his wife he is gay, would that strengthen a marriage that started as heterosexual...more, add some kids to explain Dads new image and lustful needs...Try to hold the family together in these circumstances...OR, just say that's their business, I don't want to interfere.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:21:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.

You would first need to justify the belief that the Bible speaks with any authority on homosexuality.

Use you logic, if it is in sufficient amount to give you any benefit: If a man suddenly tells his wife he is gay, would that strengthen a marriage that started as heterosexual...more, add some kids to explain Dads new image and lustful needs...Try to hold the family together in these circumstances...

It certainly wouldn't be anymore detrimental to the institution of marriage than lack of commitment or infidelity (something common to failed heterosexual marriages). Additionally, gays are a small portion of the population and your hypothetical could certainly not be a very large contributor to the destruction of family or the institution of marriage. Not to mention, if we encourage individuals to embrace who they are instead of browbeating them to into pretend heterosexuality, then this hypothetical would be even less likely to occur.

OR, just say that's their business, I don't want to interfere.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:32:28 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.

If we want to stay objective about the topic and most level-headed christians agree; the bible is full of exaggerations, suppositions, metaphors and inaccuracies. It also reflects values and customs that were valid at the time/s when it was supposedly written.

By the same token as those who make quotes as to the evilness of homosexuality I could find as many quotes about loving thy neighbour.

How many wars have been fought in the name of homosexuality?
What is the difference in the crime rate between homosexuals and heterosexuals? What is the rate of humanitarian deeds done by homosexuals and heterosexuals?

Except for the first question, the answer would be: no difference at all.
So, based on public attitudes, expectations and morals at the time in which we live, homosexuality is not evil.

As an objective observer I have found that in general, homosexuals tend to be more articulate, creative, caring and humanitarian than heterosexuals. As a society advancing through improvement I think that the increasing acceptance of homosexuals as being equals is taking a giant step forward.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 3:11:10 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 2:32:28 AM, Willows wrote:

How many wars have been fought in the name of homosexuality?
What is the difference in the crime rate between homosexuals and heterosexuals? What is the rate of humanitarian deeds done by homosexuals and heterosexuals?

Except for the first question, the answer would be: no difference at all.
So, based on public attitudes, expectations and morals at the time in which we live, homosexuality is not evil.

As an objective observer I have found that in general, homosexuals tend to be more articulate, creative, caring and humanitarian than heterosexuals. As a society advancing through improvement I think that the increasing acceptance of homosexuals as being equals is taking a giant step forward.

Great points. I wish I would have said this in the OP. ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 3:53:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

It doesn't say that.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:14:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 3:53:22 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

It doesn't say that.
Read the book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:19:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I don't know if homosexuality is evil (the Bible says it is, if the Bible is one's guide). But, homosexuality is a mental disorder. To deny that is 100% irrational.
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:28:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 6:19:41 AM, Rukado wrote:
I don't know if homosexuality is evil (the Bible says it is, if the Bible is one's guide). But, homosexuality is a mental disorder. To deny that is 100% irrational.

I did not know that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I always strive to be rational so I wonder if you could refer me to to any reputable evidence that confirms your claim.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 7:09:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.

You're the one who made the positive claim, so any burden of proof is on you
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 7:31:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 7:09:54 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.


You're the one who made the positive claim, so any burden of proof is on you
Pathetic little godbotherer, you know where your very ignorant book makes the claim don't be so afraid of the stupidity you believe in.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 9:18:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 7:31:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 7:09:54 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.


You're the one who made the positive claim, so any burden of proof is on you
Pathetic little godbotherer, you know where your very ignorant book makes the claim don't be so afraid of the stupidity you believe in.

Is this your way of saying you cannot answer the question?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 10:46:46 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 6:28:19 AM, Willows wrote:
I did not know that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I always strive to be rational so I wonder if you could refer me to to any reputable evidence that confirms your claim.

The homosexual's brain is not being in tune with the body, therefor it's a disorder. Being a dumb @ss Democrat/Liberal and denying something straight forward is not being rational.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 10:51:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 10:46:46 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/19/2016 6:28:19 AM, Willows wrote:
I did not know that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I always strive to be rational so I wonder if you could refer me to to any reputable evidence that confirms your claim.

The homosexual's brain is not being in tune with the body, therefor it's a disorder. Being a dumb @ss Democrat/Liberal and denying something straight forward is not being rational.

That is about the usual amount of evidence the haters produce. IE none.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 11:02:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 10:51:57 AM, desmac wrote:
At 6/19/2016 10:46:46 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/19/2016 6:28:19 AM, Willows wrote:
I did not know that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I always strive to be rational so I wonder if you could refer me to to any reputable evidence that confirms your claim.

The homosexual's brain is not being in tune with the body, therefor it's a disorder. Being a dumb @ss Democrat/Liberal and denying something straight forward is not being rational.

That is about the usual amount of evidence the haters produce. IE none.

That is the usual amount of refutation perverts produce. IE none. Idiot.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 11:37:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 11:02:33 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/19/2016 10:51:57 AM, desmac wrote:
At 6/19/2016 10:46:46 AM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/19/2016 6:28:19 AM, Willows wrote:
I did not know that homosexuality is a mental disorder. I always strive to be rational so I wonder if you could refer me to to any reputable evidence that confirms your claim.

The homosexual's brain is not being in tune with the body, therefor it's a disorder. Being a dumb @ss Democrat/Liberal and denying something straight forward is not being rational.

That is about the usual amount of evidence the haters produce. IE none.

That is the usual amount of refutation perverts produce. IE none. Idiot.

I made no claims that required evidence. You were asked to provide reputable evidence and provided none (as usual), so who is the idiot.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 11:55:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 9:18:13 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 7:31:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 7:09:54 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.


You're the one who made the positive claim, so any burden of proof is on you
Pathetic little godbotherer, you know where your very ignorant book makes the claim don't be so afraid of the stupidity you believe in.

Is this your way of saying you cannot answer the question?

No, it's your way of avoiding the stupidity of your book of fables.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 12:56:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 11:55:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 9:18:13 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 7:31:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 7:09:54 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:19:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 1:12:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:50:13 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2016 12:40:30 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
...or is it?

Beliefs inform human motivations, and, as such, we have a responsibility to make sure our beliefs are justified with sufficient evidence and challenge those we find that are not. The belief(s) that being gay is against God's "natural order", that being gay leads individuals to ignore the guidance of God, or that homosexuality brings a destruction to family/marriage intended by God are among the latter. These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect and challenging them should be a priority rather than adding more impotent restrictions to inanimate objects (firearms, knives, bombs, rope, etc.) preferred by those who hold these views dogmatically.

ME: Sufficient evidence? Read what the Bible says about homosexual activity.
Yeah and the bible says that the earth is flat and that plants can survive at -454 C without sunlight.

False.

Chapter and verse, please.

Ha Ha Ha, read the book it's real early.


You're the one who made the positive claim, so any burden of proof is on you
Pathetic little godbotherer, you know where your very ignorant book makes the claim don't be so afraid of the stupidity you believe in.

Is this your way of saying you cannot answer the question?

No, it's your way of avoiding the stupidity of your book of fables.

Except what you claim is there actually isn't. This should be easy for you to prove, if it was true, but curiously, you can't seem to do so.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:52:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 6:19:41 AM, Rukado wrote:
I don't know if homosexuality is evil (the Bible says it is, if the Bible is one's guide). But, homosexuality is a mental disorder. To deny that is 100% irrational.

Meh I don't know. I know that homosexuality isn't natural (since the sole goal of life is to reproduce, which cannot possible be accomplished through a male/male or female/female relationship). But the professionals say it isn't a mental illness, and I don't think it is (unless you include the overly flamboyant over-acting girlish ones, which has to be the single most annoying thing in the entire planet).
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 3:18:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 6:19:41 AM, Rukado wrote:
I don't know if homosexuality is evil (the Bible says it is, if the Bible is one's guide). But, homosexuality is a mental disorder. To deny that is 100% irrational.

Reputable evidence? I know many mentally stable homosexuals. there is also no evidence linking homosexuals to pedophilia. Animals demonstrate homosexuality
Willows
Posts: 2,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 3:33:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 2:52:05 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 6:19:41 AM, Rukado wrote:
I don't know if homosexuality is evil (the Bible says it is, if the Bible is one's guide). But, homosexuality is a mental disorder. To deny that is 100% irrational.

Meh I don't know. I know that homosexuality isn't natural (since the sole goal of life is to reproduce, which cannot possible be accomplished through a male/male or female/female relationship). But the professionals say it isn't a mental illness, and I don't think it is (unless you include the overly flamboyant over-acting girlish ones, which has to be the single most annoying thing in the entire planet).

Well argued, I would say though that we have instincts, most notably food, shelter and procreation in order to survive. We can now of course reproduce through male/male and female/female relationships. There are many aspects of human behaviour that we may not deem as natural but it is a sad mistake that some people choose to show intolerance to others who do not measure up to their standards.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:29:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
JESUS WAS GAY, ACCORDING TO MARK
JK & Professor Morton Smith*
http://jdstone.org...
It was very unusual for a Jewish young man at 30 to remain unmarried. Jesus was known for offering his body and parts of it to those who followed him claiming they would be granted eternal life.
Jesus was despised by many and held in low esteem not unlike gays who were social outcasts and victimized for decades.
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:29:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
The fact that a group of Jews living many centuries ago believed that homosexuality was a sin against their God is completely irrelevant to me.

I am not a Jew.

I am not living in a culture thousands of years gone.

I am not the judge of what is or is not a sin against God.

And I am not a homosexual.

So I can't think of a single reason why I should even consider the idea that it's a sin against anyone or anything.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 12:01:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 8:08:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
These beliefs deserve absolutely no respect

Because they're cruel, ignorant, unjust, devoid of evidentiary accountability, and largely hypocritical given the high levels of same-sex attraction and covert homosexual activity among the people who most stridently prosecute these beliefs.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 12:46:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 2:52:05 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Meh I don't know. I know that homosexuality isn't natural (since the sole goal of life is to reproduce, which cannot possible be accomplished through a male/male or female/female relationship). But the professionals say it isn't a mental illness, and I don't think it is (unless you include the overly flamboyant over-acting girlish ones, which has to be the single most annoying thing in the entire planet).

Up until around like the 1960s, those "professionals" considered homosexuality to be a disorder. Homosexuality meets the criteria of a disorder (a disconnect between the function of the body and the function of the mind). The professionals' change away from recognizing homosexuality as a disorder has more to do with politics and leftist values than with clinical logic.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 1:49:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 10:46:46 AM, Rukado wrote:
Homosexuality is a mental disorder. To deny that is 100% irrational.

Homosexuality was delisted as a psychiatric disorder from the Dignostic and Statistical Manual in 1973. Why? Because it doesn't meet the criteria of a psychiatric disorder, namely:

A) a behavioral or psychological syndrome or pattern that occurs in an individual
B) the consequences of which are clinically significant distress (e.g., a painful symptom) or disability (i.e., impairment in one or more important areas of functioning)
C) must not be merely an expectable response to common stressors and losses (for example, the loss of a loved one) or a culturally sanctioned response to a particular event (for example, trance states in religious rituals)
D) that reflects an underlying psychobiological dysfunction
E) that is not solely a result of social deviance or conflicts with society
F) that has diagnostic validity using one or more sets of diagnostic validators (e.g., prognostic significance, psychobiological disruption, response to treatment); and
G) that has clinical utility (for example, contributes to better conceptualization of diagnoses, or to better assessment and treatment)

[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...]

It fails on criterion B) alone -- there's no distress or disability, except to the extent that E) society inflicts it. It also fails D) -- there's no psychobiological dysfunction. Gay and bisexual men and women can do everything biologically that strictly heterosexual men and women can do, though they may elect to do it in different ways.

So are you arguing that the last forty-three years of best-practice clinical psychiatry is irrational while you -- who aren't a psychiatrist, psychologist or any medical professional -- are somehow more insightful?