God ends plague because of racist killing

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 9:16:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
In Numbers 25:6-13 we read:

Then an Israelite man brought into the camp a Midianite woman right before the eyes of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel while they were weeping at the entrance to the tent of meeting. When Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, saw this, he left the assembly, took a spear in his hand and followed the Israelite into the tent. He drove the spear into both of them, right through the Israelite man and into the woman"s stomach. Then the plague against the Israelites was stopped; but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000.

The Lord said to Moses, "Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, has turned my anger away from the Israelites. Since he was as zealous for my honor among them as I am, I did not put an end to them in my zeal. Therefore tell him I am making my covenant of peace with him. He and his descendants will have a covenant of a lasting priesthood, because he was zealous for the honor of his God and made atonement for the Israelites."

In this piece of scripture God condones Phinehas murdering a young couple merely because the Israelite man was with a Midianite woman. He then rewards him for his evil crime born out of intolerance and racism by ending a plague that had killed 24, 000 people.

Clearly Yawheh had a problem with interracial marriage or was blatantly racist against Midianite people. If he is a never changing God would he not hold the same views today?

The reward God gives Phinehas for his evil crime is stopping a plague he created/ allowed to happen that had already killed 24, 000 people. Why did it take a barbaric murder motivated by racism for Yawheh to end this plague?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 11:15:08 PM
Because God is Love but he has deep-seated anger management issues.

Because God is Love but there is nothing quite like a human blood sacrifice to appease him. (See Jesus).

Because God is Love but using violence and fear has always been an effective means of maintaining control by despots.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 4:08:31 AM
At 6/19/2016 9:16:21 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Then an Israelite man brought into the camp a Midianite woman right before the eyes of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel while they were weeping at the entrance to the tent of meeting. When Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, saw this, he left the assembly, took a spear in his hand and followed the Israelite into the tent. He drove the spear into both of them, right through the Israelite man and into the woman"s stomach. Then the plague against the Israelites was stopped; but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000.

The Lord said to Moses, "Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, has turned my anger away from the Israelites. Since he was as zealous for my honor among them as I am, I did not put an end to them in my zeal. Therefore tell him I am making my covenant of peace with him. He and his descendants will have a covenant of a lasting priesthood, because he was zealous for the honor of his God and made atonement for the Israelites."

In this piece of scripture God condones Phinehas murdering a young couple merely because the Israelite man was with a Midianite woman. He then rewards him for his evil crime born out of intolerance and racism by ending a plague that had killed 24, 000 people.

Clearly Yawheh had a problem with interracial marriage or was blatantly racist against Midianite people. If he is a never changing God would he not hold the same views today?

The reward God gives Phinehas for his evil crime is stopping a plague he created/ allowed to happen that had already killed 24, 000 people. Why did it take a barbaric murder motivated by racism for Yawheh to end this plague?

God is love, the book claims.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 7:33:07 PM
Why did it take a barbaric murder motivated by racism for Yawheh to end this plague?

Plague ended, when the reason for it was gone. Murder was not the reason and just killing is not murder.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 9:26:54 PM
At 6/20/2016 7:33:07 PM, 12_13 wrote:
Why did it take a barbaric murder motivated by racism for Yawheh to end this plague?

Plague ended, when the reason for it was gone. Murder was not the reason and just killing is not murder.

The reason Yawheh chose to end the plague was the racially motivated double murder committed by Phinehas. Why would your God want somebody to kill people on the grounds of them having an interracial relationship? Why would a god be racist?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 9:28:40 PM
At 6/20/2016 4:08:31 AM, bulproof wrote:

God is love, the book claims.

It should say God is evil. It would be a more accurate reflection of what is actually found in the bible.

Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 10:46:22 PM
Clearly Yawheh had a problem with interracial marriage or was blatantly racist against Midianite people.

Even if God didn't approve of miscegenation, it would only be your opinion that God violated. Measuring God by your values doesn't carry much weight with me. On top of that, you have zero evidence that God's objection had to do with race, or even that the Midianites were a racially distinct people. In other words, your objection is based on your personal values applies to a fabricated scenario. That's an argument so weak that only an Atheist Bigot could like it.

God objected to Israelites marrying Pagans.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 11:11:54 PM
At 6/20/2016 10:46:22 PM, Rukado wrote:
Clearly Yawheh had a problem with interracial marriage or was blatantly racist against Midianite people.

Even if God didn't approve of miscegenation, it would only be your opinion that God violated. Measuring God by your values doesn't carry much weight with me. On top of that, you have zero evidence that God's objection had to do with race, or even that the Midianites were a racially distinct people. In other words, your objection is based on your personal values applies to a fabricated scenario. That's an argument so weak that only an Atheist Bigot could like it.

The concept of a god existing that holds racist views is illogical. Why would it create different races of people if it didn't like certain races? It would not just be my opinion but more or less everyone in my country as well as billions of other people around the world.

God objected to Israelites marrying Pagans.

I'm not surprised. Yawheh is a made up racist bigot created by ancient israelites. It's hardly surprising they made their war god favour them over other religions, tribes and races.

Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 11:17:47 PM

Judeo-Christian God is bipolar
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 9:00:07 PM
At 6/20/2016 9:26:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
The reason Yawheh chose to end the plague was the racially motivated double murder committed by Phinehas. Why would your God want somebody to kill people on the grounds of them having an interracial relationship? Why would a god be racist?

By what the Bible tells, I don"t think it was because interracial relationship, but because of this:

Moses said to the judges of Israel, Kill you everyone his men who have joined themselves to Baal Peor.
Numbers 25:5

God"s judgment comes always on basis is one righteous or not. And idolatry is unrighteous thing and shows that person is not righteous and that is the reason for the judgment in the Numbers 25:5-13, not interracial relationship. It should be clear when you read also the 25:5 and when you look that Bible doesn"t tell that the reason was interracial relationship.