Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

An insurance policy!

tarantula
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 8:33:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Some people seem to use their religion like an insurance policy. Get 'saved' with the Jesus Company and you are guaranteed a place in heaven!

Some, who believe that to be true, think they can't get 'unsaved', no matter what they do, which would explain the nastiness of some extreme Christians! There are evil bigots who use their faith as an excuse for abuse others, for instance, the anti-gay mob of so called 'Christians' are as ghastly as ISIS, imo!

If there is a god, they might fin d out one day they are excluded from the heavenly portals for making the faith a laughingstock!
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 1:41:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 8:33:34 AM, tarantula wrote:
Some people seem to use their religion like an insurance policy. Get 'saved' with the Jesus Company and you are guaranteed a place in heaven!

Some, who believe that to be true, think they can't get 'unsaved', no matter what they do, which would explain the nastiness of some extreme Christians! There are evil bigots who use their faith as an excuse for abuse others, for instance, the anti-gay mob of so called 'Christians' are as ghastly as ISIS, imo!

If there is a god, they might fin d out one day they are excluded from the heavenly portals for making the faith a laughingstock!

Have you heard of the Exclusive Brethren? Just their name is sinister enough. They fit the bill as nasty Christians. Like some other Christian cults (eg. the Jehovah's Witnesses) they think they are a law unto themselves and have been covering up child sexual abuse for decades.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 3:38:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 8:33:34 AM, tarantula wrote:
Some people seem to use their religion like an insurance policy. Get 'saved' with the Jesus Company and you are guaranteed a place in heaven!

Some, who believe that to be true, think they can't get 'unsaved', no matter what they do, which would explain the nastiness of some extreme Christians! There are evil bigots who use their faith as an excuse for abuse others, for instance, the anti-gay mob of so called 'Christians' are as ghastly as ISIS, imo!

If there is a god, they might fin d out one day they are excluded from the heavenly portals for making the faith a laughingstock!

Ah you are obviously talking of born again Christians.

Those of us who follow Christ and the Apostles know only too well that it is possible to lose the hope if we do not remain faithful to Jehovah and his son.

The only problem with what you say is that Jehovah himself is anti-homosexual, since it goes against everything he designed us to be.

Anyone with an iota of sense can tell how unnatural it is for a start.

However faith in the true God is a sort of insurance policy as long as you continue to give Jehovah his due, for what he has given us so far and for his future promises.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.
tarantula
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 3:47:32 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!

It is absolute evidence of what Christianity is, since it is the word of the very God that Christ and the Apostles worship.

There is also a wealth of scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate. But of course you don't dare admit that even to yourself.

You really are desperate to convince yourself aren't you.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 4:06:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 3:47:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!

It is absolute evidence of what Christianity is, since it is the word of the very God that Christ and the Apostles worship.

There is also a wealth of scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate. But of course you don't dare admit that even to yourself.

You really are desperate to convince yourself aren't you.

There is no scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate.
NONE, only a demented fool would claim that.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 4:21:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 4:06:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:47:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!

It is absolute evidence of what Christianity is, since it is the word of the very God that Christ and the Apostles worship.

There is also a wealth of scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate. But of course you don't dare admit that even to yourself.

You really are desperate to convince yourself aren't you.

There is no scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate.
NONE, only a demented fool would claim that.

Only a self deluded fool denies it.
tarantula
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 4:33:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 4:21:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 4:06:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:47:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!

It is absolute evidence of what Christianity is, since it is the word of the very God that Christ and the Apostles worship.

There is also a wealth of scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate. But of course you don't dare admit that even to yourself.

You really are desperate to convince yourself aren't you.

There is no scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate.
NONE, only a demented fool would claim that.

Only a self deluded fool denies it.

There is no verifiable evidence that the less than credible stories in the Bible are true. Only a person like you who is in thrall to a very nasty cult would believe them to be evidence.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 4:45:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 4:33:55 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 4:21:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 4:06:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:47:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!

It is absolute evidence of what Christianity is, since it is the word of the very God that Christ and the Apostles worship.

There is also a wealth of scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate. But of course you don't dare admit that even to yourself.

You really are desperate to convince yourself aren't you.

There is no scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate.
NONE, only a demented fool would claim that.

Only a self deluded fool denies it.

There is no verifiable evidence that the less than credible stories in the Bible are true. Only a person like you who is in thrall to a very nasty cult would believe them to be evidence.

You betray your fear with every post.

There is much verifiable evidence, both scientific and archaeological, more than enough for many museums to put on Bible Tours, and I have seen some of what the British Museum holds as proof in it's care, including such artifacts as teh Cyrus Cylinder.

Of course you dare not check up because inside you know it would only prove you wrong, and that terrifies you.

However I am more than happy for people to do their own research, and make up their own minds on the basis of it, because I know what I am talking about, unlike you, and all who are too afraid to acknowledge the evidence that exists..
tarantula
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 4:55:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/20/2016 4:45:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 4:33:55 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 4:21:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 4:06:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:47:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:41:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 6/20/2016 3:40:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/20/2016 1:53:50 PM, tarantula wrote:
Of course not all Christians are nasty, my own three kids are Christians of the best sort. :)

Come to that not all Christians are actually Christians, sicne they have itte intention of obeying Jehovah's plans and put this life before everything that jehovah has promised to give us.

The vast majority haven't even been taught what being a true Christian actually means.

Matthew 10
Matthew 7:21-23.
Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18.

The Bible is NOT any sort of evidence!

It is absolute evidence of what Christianity is, since it is the word of the very God that Christ and the Apostles worship.

There is also a wealth of scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate. But of course you don't dare admit that even to yourself.

You really are desperate to convince yourself aren't you.

There is no scientific, historical and archaeological evidence which proves the Bible to be accurate.
NONE, only a demented fool would claim that.

Only a self deluded fool denies it.

There is no verifiable evidence that the less than credible stories in the Bible are true. Only a person like you who is in thrall to a very nasty cult would believe them to be evidence.

You betray your fear with every post.

There is much verifiable evidence, both scientific and archaeological, more than enough for many museums to put on Bible Tours, and I have seen some of what the British Museum holds as proof in it's care, including such artifacts as teh Cyrus Cylinder.

Of course you dare not check up because inside you know it would only prove you wrong, and that terrifies you.

However I am more than happy for people to do their own research, and make up their own minds on the basis of it, because I know what I am talking about, unlike you, and all who are too afraid to acknowledge the evidence that exists..

Oh dear the nonsense you post, do you have mental health, alcohol or substance abuse problems? It looks as if you need some serious intervention.