Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

It is written.

bulproof
Posts: 30,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:36:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Gods are the invention of humans.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
dee-em
Posts: 8,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:21:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is Written in the Bible

There once was a priest who had to spend the night in a hotel and invited the hat check girl to come up to his room for dinner. After a nice meal he started making advances on her. She resisted him and reminded him that he was a holy man.

"It's okay," he replied, "it is written in the Bible."

So after a wild night of sex the hat check girl asks to see where in the Bible it says it's okay to make out with a priest. The priest picks up the Bible off the dresser and opens it to the first page where someone wrote in pencil - "The hat check girl puts out!"
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
bulproof
Posts: 30,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:30:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
boom tish!
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 4:26:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 2:36:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
Gods are the invention of humans.

That's a very Anthropocentric position.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 30,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 4:33:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/25/2016 4:26:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:36:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
Gods are the invention of humans.

That's a very Anthropocentric position.

As musts be.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
bulproof
Posts: 30,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 1:45:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 2:36:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
Gods are the invention of humans.

It must be right, after all, it is written.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
ethang5
Posts: 6,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:03:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/25/2016 4:33:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/25/2016 4:26:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:36:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
Gods are the invention of humans.

That's a very Anthropocentric position.

As musts be.

Whooooooooooosh!!!!!
bulproof
Posts: 30,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:06:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is written.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
PureX
Posts: 3,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 6:19:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 2:36:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
Gods are the invention of humans.

Correction: the IDEA of "God" is a human invention.

But then so are all of our ideas about reality, truth, and the nature of existence. So we need to be very discerning when we decide to reject one of these 'meta-ideas' (like "God"), through which we define lots of other ideas that we hold about reality, truth, and the nature of existence.

My biggest gripe with theists and theism is not that they 'believe in God', it's their failure to study their own philosophical position, and become insightful of the intents and ramifications of their own beliefs.