Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why did Moses violate a commandment he issued

Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 8:26:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

Read the original Hebrew you idiot, it's called temple prostitution, therefor they wre supposed to kill every person involved in temple prostitution i.e. all the men and women who slept with a man (i.e. committed temple prostitutin)

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

Because he is Moses- people sin.

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

That never happened.

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

No, he didn't do any of that crap, you made it up.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 8:42:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 8:26:00 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

Read the original Hebrew you idiot, it's called temple prostitution, therefor they wre supposed to kill every person involved in temple prostitution i.e. all the men and women who slept with a man (i.e. committed temple prostitutin)

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

Because he is Moses- people sin.

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

That never happened.

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

No, he didn't do any of that crap, you made it up.

i do enjoy the "read the original" excuse, because those documents no longer exist.
if those documents did exist, there's no way most people would be able to read them.
and you would still have to translate them to your language.
at best you have copies of copies, especially since the meanings of words changes over time.
it also means that moses and other authors were so inept at communication that they were unable to say what they meant in such a way that others could easily misinterpret their words.
if the translators of the bible couldn't translate properly, why do you assume that the average person could do a better job at translating the bible?
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 8:59:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 8:26:00 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

Read the original Hebrew you idiot, it's called temple prostitution, therefor they wre supposed to kill every person involved in temple prostitution i.e. all the men and women who slept with a man (i.e. committed temple prostitutin)

I can't speak Hebrew so I'm forced to rely on translations. Not many people read the bible in Hebrew because very few people can speak it.

It is never acceptable to rape young children. Murdering innocent babies is also unacceptable in all circumstances.

You fail to deal with why Moses ignored the commandment not to kill.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

Because he is Moses- people sin.

So God chose someone to deliver the 10 commandments who later commits genocide against a whole population and encourages men to rape young children.

Considering he is omniscient why would he chose such an evil individual to deliver such an important message?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

That never happened.

It did. Read Numbers 31:17 -18 again.

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

No, he didn't do any of that crap, you made it up.

It's in the bible. Read Numbers 31:17 -18.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
12_13
Posts: 1,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 9:20:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Thou Shalt Not Kill

Actually it says don"t murder. Murder is unlawful kill. :)

You shall not murder.
Exodus 20:13 (World English Bible)

did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

Bible doesn"t encourage to rape in any part. That comes purely from your mind and tells more about you than about Moses and the Bible.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 9:22:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I can't speak Hebrew so I'm forced to rely on translations. Not many people read the bible in Hebrew because very few people can speak it.

No, but you can still translate it, I looked at that verse "keep them for yourselves" isn't there in Hebrew, it only says kill the young men and the women who have slept with a man but spare the women and the children

It is never acceptable to rape young children. Murdering innocent babies is also unacceptable in all circumstances.

They didn't do that.

You fail to deal with why Moses ignored the commandment not to kill.

They killed because justice, the commandment not to kill is for individuels.

So God chose someone to deliver the 10 commandments who later commits genocide against a whole population and encourages men to rape young children.

I thought you were referring to him killing the Egyptian. Moses never did any of that rape nonsense.

Considering he is omniscient why would he chose such an evil individual to deliver such an important message?

Moses wasn't evil, he killed 1 person, people sin, no one is perfect amigo.

It did. Read Numbers 31:17 -18 again.

I know what you're talking about, it doesn't say that in Hebrew.

It's in the bible. Read Numbers 31:17 -18.

Mistranslated.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 9:34:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 9:20:15 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Thou Shalt Not Kill

Actually it says don"t murder. Murder is unlawful kill. :)

Are you claiming murdering babies is ok?

You shall not murder.
Exodus 20:13 (World English Bible)

did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

Bible doesn"t encourage to rape in any part. That comes purely from your mind and tells more about you than about Moses and the Bible.

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Numbers 31:17-18
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 10:22:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 9:20:15 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Thou Shalt Not Kill

Actually it says don"t murder. Murder is unlawful kill. :)

So, you find it easy to walk a fine line of justification when the dead lay at your feet.

You shall not murder.
Exodus 20:13 (World English Bible)

did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

Bible doesn"t encourage to rape in any part. That comes purely from your mind and tells more about you than about Moses and the Bible.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 10:48:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 9:22:15 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I can't speak Hebrew so I'm forced to rely on translations. Not many people read the bible in Hebrew because very few people can speak it.

No, but you can still translate it, I looked at that verse "keep them for yourselves" isn't there in Hebrew, it only says kill the young men and the women who have slept with a man but spare the women and the children

Show me proof. Obvious it's disputed or the translation you claim would be unanimously used as it shows Christianity in a more favorable light.

It is never acceptable to rape young children. Murdering innocent babies is also unacceptable in all circumstances.

They didn't do that.

You fail to deal with why Moses ignored the commandment not to kill.

They killed because justice, the commandment not to kill is for individuels.

Raping young girls and murdering babies is unjustified in all possible circumstances. It was not just. It was barbaric and evil.

So God chose someone to deliver the 10 commandments who later commits genocide against a whole population and encourages men to rape young children.

I thought you were referring to him killing the Egyptian. Moses never did any of that rape nonsense.

He told his men to keep young girls for themselves. You know what that means just as well as I do.

Considering he is omniscient why would he chose such an evil individual to deliver such an important message?

Moses wasn't evil, he killed 1 person, people sin, no one is perfect amigo.

Every murderer is evil. Moses told his men to kill children. He ordered their murder. He ordered a genocide.


It did. Read Numbers 31:17 -18 again.

I know what you're talking about, it doesn't say that in Hebrew.

Prove it.

It's in the bible. Read Numbers 31:17 -18.

Mistranslated.

Provide evidence supporting your claim.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 12:11:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Show me proof. Obvious it's disputed or the translation you claim would be unanimously used as it shows Christianity in a more favorable light.

https://www.blueletterbible.org...
"for yourselves" has no Hebrew roots.

Raping young girls and murdering babies is unjustified in all possible circumstances. It was not just. It was barbaric and evil.

What ARE you talking about, this never happened, don't make crap up.

He told his men to keep young girls for themselves. You know what that means just as well as I do.

https://www.blueletterbible.org...
"for yourselves" has no Hebrew roots, it only says to spare the women and children.

Every murderer is evil. Moses told his men to kill children. He ordered their murder. He ordered a genocide.

No, pagans were burning babies to Baal, so they died- that's called justice.

Prove it.

https://www.blueletterbible.org...

Provide evidence supporting your claim.

https://www.blueletterbible.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:10:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 12:11:26 AM, harrytruman wrote:
No, pagans were burning babies to Baal, so they died- that's called justice.
Provide evidence in support of this claim made in the bible to justify genocide. It's obviously just war propaganda whereby the enemy is portrayed as subhuman and therefore worthy of only death.
But do provide some evidence. Biblical propaganda is not evidence.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:19:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 9:22:15 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I can't speak Hebrew so I'm forced to rely on translations. Not many people read the bible in Hebrew because very few people can speak it.

No, but you can still translate it, I looked at that verse "keep them for yourselves" isn't there in Hebrew, it only says kill the young men and the women who have slept with a man but spare the women and the children

Only four translations but yours isn't here, can you supply any bible with your translation?

Numbers 31:17-18New International Version (NIV)

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
New International Version (NIV)

Numbers 31:17-18King James Version (KJV)

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
King James Version (KJV)

Numbers 31:17-18New King James Version (NKJV)

17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. 18 But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately.
New King James Version (NKJV)

Numbers 31:17-18English Standard Version (ESV)

17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. 18 But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
shnarkle
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:02:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

In verse 2 God tells Moses to take vengeance on them which means to kill them. One of the most well known verses in the bible is "Vengeance is mine says the Lord", but how he takes vengeance or by what means he takes vengeance is up to him. If he decides to utilize the people of Israel to take vengeance that's his prerogative. He isn't contradicting himself by doing this because he is the Creator God of a monotheistic people.

This is essentially no different than the abortion debate in that a woman has the right to terminate her pregnancy for the same reason that God has a right to terminate the lives of whoever he has created. It's her body and it's his creation. Who are you to tell this deity that he can't get rid of what he's created?

Regardless of whether one believes this is historical fact or a work of fiction makes no effective difference. either way this deity can do whatever he wants because it's his world.
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:04:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:02:12 PM, shnarkle wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

In verse 2 God tells Moses to take vengeance on them which means to kill them. One of the most well known verses in the bible is "Vengeance is mine says the Lord", but how he takes vengeance or by what means he takes vengeance is up to him. If he decides to utilize the people of Israel to take vengeance that's his prerogative. He isn't contradicting himself by doing this because he is the Creator God of a monotheistic people.

This is essentially no different than the abortion debate in that a woman has the right to terminate her pregnancy for the same reason that God has a right to terminate the lives of whoever he has created. It's her body and it's his creation. Who are you to tell this deity that he can't get rid of what he's created?

Regardless of whether one believes this is historical fact or a work of fiction makes no effective difference. either way this deity can do whatever he wants because it's his world.
Of course it's fiction but the people who invented your god claimed him to be a psychopathic, genocidal maniac and he is their invention.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 7:02:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 9:10:47 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/27/2016 12:11:26 AM, harrytruman wrote:
No, pagans were burning babies to Baal, so they died- that's called justice.
Provide evidence in support of this claim made in the bible to justify genocide. It's obviously just war propaganda whereby the enemy is portrayed as subhuman and therefore worthy of only death.
But do provide some evidence. Biblical propaganda is not evidence.

http://www.revisionisthistory.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 7:07:17 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 7:02:24 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 6/27/2016 9:10:47 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/27/2016 12:11:26 AM, harrytruman wrote:
No, pagans were burning babies to Baal, so they died- that's called justice.
Provide evidence in support of this claim made in the bible to justify genocide. It's obviously just war propaganda whereby the enemy is portrayed as subhuman and therefore worthy of only death.
But do provide some evidence. Biblical propaganda is not evidence.

http://www.revisionisthistory.org...

Yeah well done that site uses the bible propaganda as evidence, I asked for evidence.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Posts: 1,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 8:59:06 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 9:34:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Are you claiming murdering babies is ok?

No. I think murdering babies is wrong that is why I am against abortion. Do you accept abortion?

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Numbers 31:17-18

Doesn"t say anything about rape and doesn"t mean that then they could forcedly have sex with them.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:28:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

Moses was human and was punished for his actions. He never entered the promised land.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:29:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

I see you have many questions that would have been answered by simply attending Sunday School.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:02:44 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 9:29:57 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

I see you have many questions that would have been answered by simply attending Sunday School.

I would probably get kicked out for arguing with the vicar when he/she came up with their inadequate excuses.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:05:46 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 9:28:40 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

Moses was human and was punished for his actions. He never entered the promised land.

How do you know he is not in heaven?

If God is omniscient why did he choose such an evil man to be his messenger?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:28:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 8:59:06 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/26/2016 9:34:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Are you claiming murdering babies is ok?

No. I think murdering babies is wrong that is why I am against abortion. Do you accept abortion?

Yes I support women's reproductive rights.

You think abortion is wrong yet you worship a God that causes thousands of miscarriages every day.

Do you accept Moses was wrong to order his men to kill babies?

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Numbers 31:17-18

Doesn"t say anything about rape and doesn"t mean that then they could forcedly have sex with them.

I know you know what it means. Admit it. Why would these evil criminals save for themselves young women for any other reason apart from forced sex and possibly forced marriage or enslavement?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:33:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 9:28:40 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

Moses was human and was punished for his actions. He never entered the promised land.
I think you'll find that the punishment was for hitting a rock.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:38:34 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:02:12 PM, shnarkle wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

In verse 2 God tells Moses to take vengeance on them which means to kill them. One of the most well known verses in the bible is "Vengeance is mine says the Lord", but how he takes vengeance or by what means he takes vengeance is up to him. If he decides to utilize the people of Israel to take vengeance that's his prerogative. He isn't contradicting himself by doing this because he is the Creator God of a monotheistic people.

He is contradicting his own rules if he uses humans to kill people.

This is essentially no different than the abortion debate in that a woman has the right to terminate her pregnancy for the same reason that God has a right to terminate the lives of whoever he has created. It's her body and it's his creation. Who are you to tell this deity that he can't get rid of what he's created?

I'm pointing out that God told humans not to kill and then he contradicts his own command by ordering humans to kill other humans. In my opinion murder of innocent people is always wrong. Just because you are an omnipotent god you have no right to kill people you created because you feel like it.

Using your logic it would be ok for patents to kill their own children because they created them and are capable of killing them. It's an immoral and irresponsible way for something to justify killing purely because it created the thing it killed and Is capable of killing it.

Regardless of whether one believes this is historical fact or a work of fiction makes no effective difference. either way this deity can do whatever he wants because it's his world.

So if I had a baby could I justify murdering it in my own house? Of course not. Therefore your view is illogical.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
12_13
Posts: 1,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:07:48 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 10:28:42 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 8:59:06 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/26/2016 9:34:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Are you claiming murdering babies is ok?

No. I think murdering babies is wrong that is why I am against abortion. Do you accept abortion?

Yes I support women's reproductive rights.

Ok, so you support murdering babies.

You think abortion is wrong yet you worship a God that causes thousands of miscarriages every day.

I don"t believe God causes them. I believe God allows them to happen.

Do you accept Moses was wrong to order his men to kill babies?

If he had righteous reasons for it, then it may have been right. I have not enough knowledge to judge act that happened many thousands years ago.

I know you know what it means. Admit it. Why would these evil criminals save for themselves young women for any other reason apart from forced sex and possibly forced marriage or enslavement?

If I would have been in that situation, I would have saved them for good life. Apparently we have really different ideas about how to use freedom and this life.
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:12:30 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 5:07:48 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 10:28:42 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 8:59:06 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 6/26/2016 9:34:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Are you claiming murdering babies is ok?

No. I think murdering babies is wrong that is why I am against abortion. Do you accept abortion?

Yes I support women's reproductive rights.

Ok, so you support murdering babies.

You think abortion is wrong yet you worship a God that causes thousands of miscarriages every day.

I don"t believe God causes them. I believe God allows them to happen.

Do you accept Moses was wrong to order his men to kill babies?

If he had righteous reasons for it, then it may have been right. I have not enough knowledge to judge act that happened many thousands years ago.

I know you know what it means. Admit it. Why would these evil criminals save for themselves young women for any other reason apart from forced sex and possibly forced marriage or enslavement?

If I would have been in that situation, I would have saved them for good life. Apparently we have really different ideas about how to use freedom and this life.
Sexual slavery is not freedom, abortion is not killing babies and your god is the cowards coward since he refuses to take responsibility for his own actions.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
shnarkle
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 6:01:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 11:38:34 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:02:12 PM, shnarkle wrote:
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

In verse 2 God tells Moses to take vengeance on them which means to kill them. One of the most well known verses in the bible is "Vengeance is mine says the Lord", but how he takes vengeance or by what means he takes vengeance is up to him. If he decides to utilize the people of Israel to take vengeance that's his prerogative. He isn't contradicting himself by doing this because he is the Creator God of a monotheistic people.

He is contradicting his own rules if he uses humans to kill people.

Well, technically he instructs them not to "murder". Killing is perfectly acceptable, e.g. for food, war, etc.

This is essentially no different than the abortion debate in that a woman has the right to terminate her pregnancy for the same reason that God has a right to terminate the lives of whoever he has created. It's her body and it's his creation. Who are you to tell this deity that he can't get rid of what he's created?

I'm pointing out that God told humans not to kill and then he contradicts his own command by ordering humans to kill other humans. In my opinion murder of innocent people is always wrong. Just because you are an omnipotent god you have no right to kill people you created because you feel like it.

Where does the text state that these people are innocent. In most cases it is explicitly stated that they are "continuously evil" or some other such description

Using your logic it would be ok for patents to kill their own children because they created them and are capable of killing them.

It isn't my logic. I was merely pointing out that this is similar to the abortion debate and I showed why that is the case. I never stated that I agreed with the pro choice position.

It's an immoral and irresponsible way for something to justify killing purely because it created the thing it killed and Is capable of killing it.

Regardless of whether one believes this is historical fact or a work of fiction makes no effective difference. either way this deity can do whatever he wants because it's his world.

So if I had a baby could I justify murdering it in my own house? Of course not. Therefore your view is illogical.

You can justify accusing me of an opinion I don't even hold in the first place so it wouldn't surprise me if you could justify murdering your own baby.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:59:53 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

I'm giggling because you keep posting arbitrary things that have nothing to do with Christianity. Ask a Jew...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bamiller43
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:37:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 7:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Supposedly God presented Moses with this commandment for the people of Israel:

Exodus 20:13 Thou Shalt Not Kill

However Moses defies the instructions from God not to kill people in the following verse:

Numbers 31:17 -18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

So a man chosen by God defies God's instructions when he tells his men to kill every male child, including babies.

He also tells them to kill women who have had sexual relations with men. Presumably the only way to do this would have been some hideous examination.

Moses then permits his men to capture women and young girls and do as they please with them. Some of these girls must have been very young. Therefore Moses told his men it was acceptable to kidnap and rape young children.

This raises numerous issues.

If Moses was told the commandment by God why did he ignore the word of God?

If God told Moses the 10 commandments why did he tolerate Moses ordering the execution of babies and the rape of toddlers?

Why did Moses want to kill babies? Was it because God told him to do it?

Why did Moses encourage rape, forced marriage and sex with children? Was it because God told him to do it?

This is the worst lack of context I've ever seen. First: These people were at war. The women and children were of a culture they were at war with. The women were killed because they were tempting the men to turn from
jehovah. The women were not supposed to be spared at all. The babies were in essence killed to send them to paradise before they could be corrupted by their people and the world. There was no evidence of the rape of the young girls. "to keep for yourselves" meant to keep them as servants, not for marriage or sexual use, both of which were forbidden as the midianites were considered lost and impure.

Just to add: Moses was a man. Even if he had sinned with these actions (which he didn't) it wouldn't affect much. As a person he sinned many times in life and was far from perfect.