Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:29:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
..what do you believe?

https://storage.googleapis.com...

Cheesy line from an Indiana Jones movie aside - What do our DDO theists believe? Do you accept a particular sect of formal religion or do you accept something less well known? Either way, this is your chance to explain what you believe and, if you're willing, why. This post is meant to be nothing more than an exploration of DDO theistic/deistic belief. So, let's hear it!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:45:03 AM
At 6/27/2016 1:29:50 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

Cheesy line from an Indiana Jones movie aside - What do our DDO theists believe? Do you accept a particular sect of formal religion or do you accept something less well known? Either way, this is your chance to explain what you believe and, if you're willing, why. This post is meant to be nothing more than an exploration of DDO theistic/deistic belief. So, let's hear it!
I believe you're incapable of proving you are getting truthful answers. Lol. Hint, brain scan technology isn't universal, hence a non issue.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:02:54 AM
At 6/27/2016 1:45:03 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
..what do you believe?

I believe you're incapable of proving you are getting truthful answers. Lol. Hint, brain scan technology isn't universal, hence a non issue.

I'm not sure what your reply has to do with the OP, but I have no interest in "proving" I'm getting truthful answers. Provided members are not contradicting themselves, I'm willing to accept their word at face value since there is absolutely no reason to lie. That will also apply to you should you choose to answer, Skip. ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:04:22 AM
..what do you believe?

I believe that long ago Doge breathed the Universe into existence in an event known as "The Big Wow".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:07:33 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:04:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
..what do you believe?

I believe that long ago Doge breathed the Universe into existence in an event known as "The Big Wow".

Nice!

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:08:07 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:07:33 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/27/2016 2:04:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
..what do you believe?

Nice!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:19:24 AM
..what do you believe?

I believe humans created all gods and they are all mythical characters who merely personify various aspects of human nature as well as the powers of the universe.
I believe the bible God represents different things to different people.
He represents the ultimate good to some people, the ultimate bad to others, ultimate reality to some and simply represents existence to others.
I believe human nature has a positive and negative side.
The stories about God and the devil can easily be applied to people overcoming the negative aspects with the good aspects of their nature.
I do not believe any gods can actually hear prayers or requests from people any more than Mother Nature or Father time or the Grim Reaper can.
I believe that people who talk to invisible gods are superstitious people who are deceiving themselves by living in their own fantasies.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:28:12 AM
..what do you believe?

I believe god designed and created the universe, because it is obviously designed. All you have to do is look at the sun moon and earth to see it. It could not have happened by accident.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:29:03 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:19:24 AM, Skyangel wrote:
..what do you believe?

I believe humans created all gods and they are all mythical characters who merely personify various aspects of human nature as well as the powers of the universe.
He represents the ultimate good to some people, the ultimate bad to others, ultimate reality to some and simply represents existence to others.
The stories about God and the devil can easily be applied to people overcoming the negative aspects with the good aspects of their nature.
I do not believe any gods can actually hear prayers or requests from people any more than Mother Nature or Father time or the Grim Reaper can.
I believe that people who talk to invisible gods are superstitious people who are deceiving themselves by living in their own fantasies.

So, would you label yourself a deist, pantheist, panentheist, or none of the above?

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:31:21 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:28:12 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

I believe god designed and created the universe, because it is obviously designed. All you have to do is look at the sun moon and earth to see it. It could not have happened by accident.

Do you think most other believers and you are on the same page, or do you think their beliefs are completely different than yours?

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:35:26 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:29:03 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

So, would you label yourself a deist, pantheist, panentheist, or none of the above?

I don't label myself. I leave the labelling to those who wish to judge me and place me in some imaginary box in their mind.
I don't fit in any boxes. I am free from such things.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:35:50 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:31:21 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

Do you think most other believers and you are on the same page, or do you think their beliefs are completely different than yours?

Its hard to say. I was agnostic for a long time, going back and forth between belief and non belief. I am positive now. I dont think most people believe for. Tge same reason as i do. I have analysed the sun earth and moon system, and am sure it is a set up and unnatural.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:39:44 AM
..what do you believe?

I don't believe anyone designed and created the universe. I believe the universe has always existed and has no beginning or end. It did not 'happen.' It simply IS.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:41:59 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:35:26 AM, Skyangel wrote:
..what do you believe?

I don't label myself. I leave the labelling to those who wish to judge me and place me in some imaginary box in their mind.

I understand that sentiment - I'm not going to label you. I only asked in order that I might understand your belief better.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:44:35 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:35:50 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

Its hard to say. I was agnostic for a long time, going back and forth between belief and non belief. I am positive now. I dont think most people believe for. Tge same reason as i do. I have analysed the sun earth and moon system, and am sure it is a set up and unnatural.

Do you think you and other believers are generally referring to the same god?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:44:48 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:39:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:
..what do you believe?

I don't believe anyone designed and created the universe. I believe the universe has always existed and has no beginning or end. It did not 'happen.' It simply IS.
God has left us a message in the design of the sun earth moon system. Our job is to figure out what that message is.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:54:05 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:41:59 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

I understand that sentiment - I'm not going to label you. I only asked in order that I might understand your belief better.

I believe in Life, Love and Reality. I believe all gods are merely personifications of various aspects of all those things.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:56:44 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:44:35 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

No. I dont believe in the gods of any particular religion. Although there are of course similarities. For instance i am open to the possibility that god isnt very nice. He did create aweful things such as spider wasps.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:57:41 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:44:48 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

God has left us a message in the design of the sun earth moon system. Our job is to figure out what that message is.

Well have fun figuring it out.
Do you think Mother Nature also left you a message?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:00:19 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:57:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:
..what do you believe?

Why do you always talk about mother nature? I think thats a bit odd. You seem to be obsessed.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:05:41 AM
At 6/27/2016 3:00:19 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

Why do you always talk about mother nature? I think thats a bit odd. You seem to be obsessed.

I am merely attempting to get immature minds to see and understand that God and Mother Nature can be perceived to be exactly the same entity. Both are merely personifications of something perfectly natural.
Repetition is a common teaching tool.
Slow minded people need a lot of repetition before they actually understand some concepts.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:06:17 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:54:05 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/27/2016 2:41:59 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

I believe in Life, Love and Reality. I believe all gods are merely personifications of various aspects of all those things.

Forgive me for saying, but that statement is not unlike something a non-believer might say.

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:09:29 AM
At 6/27/2016 3:05:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/27/2016 3:00:19 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

I am merely attempting to get immature minds to see and understand that God and Mother Nature can be perceived to be exactly the same entity. Both are merely personifications of something perfectly natural.
Repetition is a common teaching tool.
Slow minded people need a lot of repetition before they actually understand some concepts.
The sun earth moon system didnt come together by accident. It was obviously designed. Your mind may not be capable of comprehending that.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:13:16 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:56:44 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

No. I dont believe in the gods of any particular religion. Although there are of course similarities. For instance i am open to the possibility that god isnt very nice. He did create aweful things such as spider wasps.

I can see how you might conclude a designer of spider wasps might not be so nice! Do you think there is only one god?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:24:25 AM
At 6/27/2016 3:13:16 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

I can see how you might conclude a designer of spider wasps might not be so nice! Do you think there is only one god?
I dont know.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:37:53 AM
At 6/27/2016 3:24:25 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

I dont know.

Thank you for allowing me to pick your brain, Jane.

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 3:40:14 AM
At 6/27/2016 3:37:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/27/2016 3:24:25 AM, janesix wrote:
..what do you believe?

I dont know.

Thank you for allowing me to pick your brain, Jane.

Any time.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 4:41:03 AM
At 6/27/2016 2:02:54 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

I'm not sure what your reply has to do with the OP, but I have no interest in "proving" I'm getting truthful answers. Provided members are not contradicting themselves, I'm willing to accept their word at face value since there is absolutely no reason to lie. That will also apply to you should you choose to answer, Skip. ;-)
First, contradictions doesn't therefore equate into negation of whether a belief, half or all, is invalid.
And you said what I believe, which was my bad, I said what I knew was true.....lol
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 4:55:45 AM
At 6/27/2016 4:41:03 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 6/27/2016 2:02:54 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..what do you believe?

First, contradictions doesn't therefore equate into negation of whether a belief, half or all, is invalid.

I never suggested it did although contradicting oneself does at least suggest potential dishonesty.

And you said what I believe, which was my bad, I said what I knew was true.....lol

You've not answered the OP so far. If you'd rather not I'd understand, but would prefer you not distract from a sincere OP with your indifference and/or disrespect. ie, if you choose not to answer, I'll give you no more attention in this thread. Thanks!