Jump to topic:

Is Christianity why America is falling?

lovesnivy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 8:10:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Just I thought I'd like to put out there - it's clear that America is falling behind in progress. They're becoming more religious... and too much so. Their religion is starting to drag them back into the dark ages... and they're starting to take it too seriously. I've seen their constitution and it's got no bits saying America is a Christian nation, or any particular religion at all... in fact quite the opposite. Please watch this for some incite...
https://www.youtube.com...
So yeah... it seems the American school system isn't doing too well because of Christians claiming that evolution is false, the big bang/infinite universe is impossible and their God is true because 2000-year-old multiple-authored book...
Any thoughts? Any objections? Any... opinions?
NinaZarechnaya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 8:24:49 PM
At 6/28/2016 8:10:45 PM, lovesnivy wrote:
Just I thought I'd like to put out there - it's clear that America is falling behind in progress. They're becoming more religious... and too much so. Their religion is starting to drag them back into the dark ages... and they're starting to take it too seriously. I've seen their constitution and it's got no bits saying America is a Christian nation, or any particular religion at all... in fact quite the opposite. Please watch this for some incite...
So yeah... it seems the American school system isn't doing too well because of Christians claiming that evolution is false, the big bang/infinite universe is impossible and their God is true because 2000-year-old multiple-authored book...

I'm no Christian, but I don't think this is the case; things are looking just as bad here in Europe (which certain Americans, generally leftists, seem to idolise for no reason). Sure, we don't get taught about the Bible in science classes, but education here is still disempowering, atomising and downright dull. The Czech Republic is highly atheistic, but also quite reactionary. Whatever religion a country or society pays lip service to does not seem to affect the practical reality of that country or the attitudes of citizens (I'd say the cause-effect chain is the other way around actually).
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 9:31:11 PM

Are you insane? American school systems are doing not too well because christians dont believe evolution??? Evolution is the only thing being taught in american schools today. In addition God has been taken out of pretty much every single aspect of american life and culture. So yeah I have thoughts and objections...You cant take christian influence out of america and then blame Christians for americas decline. You will have to find another reason for americas degradation.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 9:35:52 PM

I don't know where the heck you have been, but I'm right next door to the nations capital, this is not becoming a Christian nation and definitely not becoming more religious...get a grip. So them "falling behind" would not be relevant to Christianity.
Actually in the real world and not on the news, this is primarily a secular nation, and if anything heading towards secularism, not religion and theism.
If you want to know what Christianity is read the Gospels and Epistles.

In case you haven't been around here, the school systems are secular by a land slide and how would I know?? I have four children and creationism doesn't stand a chance, because it's not accepted.
What planet are you from, Christians here in the states barely have a voice much less an option of existence that deviates from evolution to be taught in public schools!
bamiller43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 10:50:10 PM

While Christianity is partly to blame for the countries degradation, many Christians would say that atheists and secularism are to blame. you know what I think is to blame? Too many finger pointers. we're far too concerned with who is wrong to concentrate on what is wrong. Conservatives and liberals so ready to jump down each other's throats that they forget the real issues. So yes, Christians are partially to blame. But so are atheists, politicians, Jews, and every other group of people who are too busy passing the buck to pass bills or take action. myself included. /rant
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 3:25:18 AM

America is becoming less religious. Are you on crack?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:41:57 AM
At 6/28/2016 9:35:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
In case you haven't been around here, the school systems are secular by a land slide and how would I know?? I have four children and creationism doesn't stand a chance, because it's not accepted.
Creationism doesn't stand a chance because, like your god, there is no evidence to support it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin