Total Posts:486|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Theory of Evolution is correct.

Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 12:44:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

havent seen a thread like this one before.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 12:48:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

I think you posted this in the wrong forum. It should be in the science forum unless you are suggesting that evolution is a religion which ought to be discussed in the religious forum?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:13:36 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Darwinian evolution or evolution? They are 2 different things. One is real. One is a fairytale of magic...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:16:48 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 1:13:36 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Darwinian evolution or evolution? They are 2 different things. One is real. One is a fairytale of magic...

The current Theory of Evolution, as begun by Charles Darwin, and modified by modern genetics and continued research. That one. If you are not familiar with it, I can lay it out for you.
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:17:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:48:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

I think you posted this in the wrong forum. It should be in the science forum unless you are suggesting that evolution is a religion which ought to be discussed in the religious forum?

I think you know why this subject is relevant to a religous forum. If not, I will explain it.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:28:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 1:16:48 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 6/29/2016 1:13:36 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Darwinian evolution or evolution? They are 2 different things. One is real. One is a fairytale of magic...

The current Theory of Evolution, as begun by Charles Darwin, and modified by modern genetics and continued research. That one. If you are not familiar with it, I can lay it out for you.

Oh I'm familiar with it. It goes against the Cambrian explosion of the fossil record, has never been observed, is not measurable, nor is it testable, meaning? It doesn't meet the bare minimal of the scientific method.

Variation and darwinismare not the same thing. Variation is real. Darwinism is magical in construct. The fossil record is so devastating to Darwinism that Richard Dawkins dropped it claiming we don't need it to prove Darwinism in a last ditch effort to salvage his myth. Darwinism would need billions of transitions to get from basic life to Cindy Crawford. It only has 500 million years from Cambrian to now. What we know is that a species can exist 6,000 years and not change one iota.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 2:18:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Response: The Theory of Evolution (ToE) is by far the dumbest theory ever put together.
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 2:26:16 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 2:18:21 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Response: The Theory of Evolution (ToE) is by far the dumbest theory ever put together.

And that's why it forms the basis for all of modern Biology, is taught in every accredited university in the world, and has been recognized as one the world's greatest contributions to human knowledge.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 3:26:42 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 2:26:16 AM, Les_Rong wrote:

And that's why it forms the basis for all of modern Biology, is taught in every accredited university in the world, and has been recognized as one the world's greatest contributions to human knowledge.

Response: So is religion and Greek mythology. Just because something is taught does not make it true. In fact, the very claim that it's taught as the basis of its validity and not because there is actual valid evidence is further proof that ToE is by far the dumbest theory ever invented.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 3:45:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 2:18:21 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Response: The Theory of Evolution (ToE) is by far the dumbest theory ever put together.
Big call, haven't you heard of religion and that is using the definition of the vernacular
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 3:49:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 3:45:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/29/2016 2:18:21 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Response: The Theory of Evolution (ToE) is by far the dumbest theory ever put together.
Big call, haven't you heard of religion and that is using the definition of the vernacular

Whales came from hooved hyenas right bull? Teach us about it. Or is it an allegory?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 4:02:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 3:49:21 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 6/29/2016 3:45:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/29/2016 2:18:21 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Response: The Theory of Evolution (ToE) is by far the dumbest theory ever put together.
Big call, haven't you heard of religion and that is using the definition of the vernacular

Whales came from hooved hyenas right bull? Teach us about it. Or is it an allegory?
You're religious I see.
My case rests.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 4:18:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 3:26:42 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 2:26:16 AM, Les_Rong wrote:

And that's why it forms the basis for all of modern Biology, is taught in every accredited university in the world, and has been recognized as one the world's greatest contributions to human knowledge.

Response: So is religion and Greek mythology. Just because something is taught does not make it true. In fact, the very claim that it's taught as the basis of its validity and not because there is actual valid evidence is further proof that ToE is by far the dumbest theory ever invented.

Well, let's review the evidence then. Are you ready? It's going to take a long time because there is so much of it.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 9:50:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 2:18:21 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

Response: The Theory of Evolution (ToE) is by far the dumbest theory ever put together.

Not nearly as dumb as claiming that children as young as six years old can show their like of sex, and then not being able to show one iota of evidence for thar disturbing claim. Why do you do it Fati?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 9:51:48 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 4:18:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 6/29/2016 3:26:42 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 2:26:16 AM, Les_Rong wrote:

And that's why it forms the basis for all of modern Biology, is taught in every accredited university in the world, and has been recognized as one the world's greatest contributions to human knowledge.

Response: So is religion and Greek mythology. Just because something is taught does not make it true. In fact, the very claim that it's taught as the basis of its validity and not because there is actual valid evidence is further proof that ToE is by far the dumbest theory ever invented.

Well, let's review the evidence then. Are you ready? It's going to take a long time because there is so much of it.

Fundamentalists like Fati and Craptor refuse to see evidence.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:23:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 4:18:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:


Well, let's review the evidence then. Are you ready? It's going to take a long time because there is so much of it.

Response: Science is based on observable, testable evidence. You cannot show right here, right now, observable evidence of a species evolving into another. Therefore, science itself is proof that evolution is false.

So yes, let's see your alleged evidence because so far, we know that science itself says ToE is false.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:32:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 10:23:18 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 4:18:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:


Well, let's review the evidence then. Are you ready? It's going to take a long time because there is so much of it.

Response: Science is based on observable, testable evidence. You cannot show right here, right now, observable evidence of a species evolving into another. Therefore, science itself is proof that evolution is false.

So yes, let's see your alleged evidence because so far, we know that science itself says ToE is false.

And you say you know that children as young as six years old can show their like of sex, but you cannot prove that either.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 11:07:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:48:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.
I think you posted this in the wrong forum. It should be in the science forum unless you are suggesting that evolution is a religion which ought to be discussed in the religious forum?

I agree, Sky. It's not that science has no place in religion or that religion has no interest in science; rather it's that the subject of this thread is not any particular religion, religious belief in general, nor religion and society, but a matter of broad secular interest, rejected by some people of faith but not all, and by some people not of faith.

Perhaps a better way to proceed would be to post whatever argument in Science, then link a post here, inviting anyone who distrusts modern biology to critique it.

Alternatively if there isn't an argument to be critiqued, why not ask a question about religious belief here?
RedAtheist912
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 11:18:28 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 10:23:18 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 4:18:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:


Well, let's review the evidence then. Are you ready? It's going to take a long time because there is so much of it.

Response: Science is based on observable, testable evidence. You cannot show right here, right now, observable evidence of a species evolving into another. Therefore, science itself is proof that evolution is false.

So yes, let's see your alleged evidence because so far, we know that science itself says ToE is false.

With that idea, would you say air is false? We cannot see air, can we?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 12:12:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 11:18:28 AM, RedAtheist912 wrote:


With that idea, would you say air is false? We cannot see air, can we?

Response: Proof of existence does not require observation of it when we can deduce logically from what it creates that it does exist. As in the case of air.
RedAtheist912
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 12:40:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:12:23 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/29/2016 11:18:28 AM, RedAtheist912 wrote:


With that idea, would you say air is false? We cannot see air, can we?

Response: Proof of existence does not require observation of it when we can deduce logically from what it creates that it does exist. As in the case of air.

Well good job. Now you have answered your own argument.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:28:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:40:29 PM, RedAtheist912 wrote:

Well good job. Now you have answered your own argument.

Response: Exactly. And since evolution is based on physical change in what exist and not whether or not something does exist, then my argument shows ToE is false. Thanks.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:35:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

So why do dinosaur bones told to be millions of years old still contain carbon 14? Just die already you waste of space
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 4:58:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 1:35:18 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

So why do dinosaur bones told to be millions of years old still contain carbon 14? Just die already you waste of space

In the words of Fats show me one.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:28:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 4:58:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/29/2016 1:35:18 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

So why do dinosaur bones told to be millions of years old still contain carbon 14? Just die already you waste of space

In the words of Fats show me one.

I don't have to show you anything. You're mind is a twined mess of contradictions. Straighten yourself out. People will only believe the things they discover for themselves.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:44:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Where exactly is there proof if evolution? Humans are dumber than they have ever been. Technology is worse than ever. We used to communicate telepathically and now we speak verbally. Food taste disgusting compared to just a few decades ago. And the biggest laugh is humanity has become so stupefied to their true origins that they truly think they are evolving instead of degrading themselves clear off the map if existence once the water becomes poisoned. Not much time left to wake up.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 6:12:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 5:28:15 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/29/2016 4:58:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/29/2016 1:35:18 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

So why do dinosaur bones told to be millions of years old still contain carbon 14? Just die already you waste of space

In the words of Fats show me one.

I don't have to show you anything. You're mind is a twined mess of contradictions. Straighten yourself out. People will only believe the things they discover for themselves.
Another who's lies can can dismiss outright.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
KNOWLEDGEizPOWER
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 6:34:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 12:43:31 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
The Theory of Evolution (ToE) provides the best current explanation for the diversity of life on earth.

What exactly does the Theory of Evolution prove?