Jump to topic:

Would you?

RedAtheist912
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 11:46:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Would you sacrifice all your belongings (money, material goods, etc) to save a stranger from another religion/atheism who is in mortal danger?

Answer honestly.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 11:53:56 AM
At 6/29/2016 11:46:26 AM, RedAtheist912 wrote:
Would you sacrifice all your belongings (money, material goods, etc) to save a stranger from another religion/atheism who is in mortal danger?

Answer honestly.

I don't know about "all" my belongings as that wouldn't help anything really, then there would just be another bum that needs something. On the other hand anyone who knows me knows that what is mine is theirs, I'm a very giving person so yes, I would give a stranger or an atheist anything they needed, you need anything??
I've sacrificed things many times for a cause or a need, these are Christian principles and this I practice.
BUT, if I thought for one second that sacrificing all my belongings would alleviate someone in "mortal danger" and I thought the spirit was urging me I would give it up in a heartbeat, in reality material stuff is not what I'm into, I'm into souls and their well-being, always have.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 11:55:00 AM

Answer honestly.

I wouldn't pay a ransom for just anyone (moral reasons) or pay for some expensive medical operation (political ones), but if it came to a choice between saving possessions in a house-fire or saving a life, I wouldn't ask the victim's beliefs, then go back to save a few guitars. :)
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 12:08:27 PM

Answer honestly.

People on death row are in mortal danger.

Just sayin'.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 9:04:50 PM
At 6/29/2016 11:55:00 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Answer honestly.

I wouldn't pay a ransom for just anyone (moral reasons) or pay for some expensive medical operation (political ones), but if it came to a choice between saving possessions in a house-fire or saving a life, I wouldn't ask the victim's beliefs, then go back to save a few guitars. :)

Conditional love...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 12:55:27 PM
At 6/29/2016 9:04:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Answer honestly.

Conditional love...
Must have learned that from your god.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 1:56:32 PM

Answer honestly.

In a way I already have. I rescued 4 cats and a dog and took them home to my apartment that has a policy of two pets only. Management gave me a deadline to get rid of the helpless animals, yet finding a home for them was more difficult than I thought. So I kept them and then management decided to not renew my lease and forced me out. I left all my processions behind me, taking only the animals.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 1:59:38 PM
At 6/30/2016 1:56:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Answer honestly.

In a way I already have. I rescued 4 cats and a dog and took them home to my apartment that has a policy of two pets only. Management gave me a deadline to get rid of the helpless animals, yet finding a home for them was more difficult than I thought. So I kept them and then management decided to not renew my lease and forced me out. I left all my processions behind me, taking only the animals.

Now after being so altruistic you are in a position to drown yourself and your animals and go directly to heaven.
Why don't you?
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:04:07 PM
At 6/29/2016 9:04:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Answer honestly.

Conditional love...

Actually, Ruv's answer probably represents the vast majority of people (except maybe for the bit about the guitars). Pretty much no one would give up all their belongings to save someone, otherwise why do we not see vast numbers of people selling their homes to pay for heart transplant operations, etc. for strangers? I'd likely risk my life to save a stranger if I saw them in immediate danger and felt I had a chance to save them, but it's impossible to predict how you may react until you are put in that type of situation.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:04:17 PM
At 6/30/2016 1:59:38 PM, bulproof wrote:

Answer honestly.

Now after being so altruistic you are in a position to drown yourself and your animals and go directly to heaven.
Why don't you?

Because I can't leave the dog. I want to stay with the dog. There is nobody here that understands this dog better than I.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:04:49 PM

Answer honestly.

honestly, if I know he'll deny reason and he'll keep denying it until he dies, I wouldn't. but for children, I'll be willing to do so, yes. even my life.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:09:43 PM
At 6/30/2016 2:04:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Answer honestly.

Why don't you?

Because I can't leave the dog. I want to stay with the dog. There is nobody here that understands this dog better than I.

Won't the dog go to heaven with you and what about the cats?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:31:47 PM
At 6/30/2016 2:09:43 PM, bulproof wrote:

Answer honestly.

Why don't you?

I don't know what to say about the cats. I failed them. I drove three of them a long ways away to a place that could have been a good home for them. I took them to a person who loves cats and has over an acre of fenced yard. He makes good money and has every means to care for them. Yet he chose to only get then their shots and place them into an animal orphanage. The remaining cat and dog drove with me and with no place to live I drove to a hotel but the hotel would only allow one animal to stay the night. So I took the cat to stay the night at Petsmart. I paid for the shots and bought the cat some toys and food to get through one miserable night left alone, and when I returned the next day for the cat, something had changed to the demeanor of the cat. The cat was too quiet. Not one sound came from the usually vocal cat. I decided to take the cat to a park for fresh air and that's when the cat ran away. I found the cat but the cat kept running. The dog and I tracked the cat to a place where a van was suspiciously parked and had left only moments before the dog and I had determined this to be the final place where the cat had walked. I just don't understand it. I just don't understand what happened.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:37:17 PM
At 6/30/2016 2:31:47 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Answer honestly.

Why don't you?

I don't know what to say about the cats. I failed them. I drove three of them a long ways away to a place that could have been a good home for them. I took them to a person who loves cats and has over an acre of fenced yard. He makes good money and has every means to care for them. Yet he chose to only get then their shots and place them into an animal orphanage. The remaining cat and dog drove with me and with no place to live I drove to a hotel but the hotel would only allow one animal to stay the night. So I took the cat to stay the night at Petsmart. I paid for the shots and bought the cat some toys and food to get through one miserable night left alone, and when I returned the next day for the cat, something had changed to the demeanor of the cat. The cat was too quiet. Not one sound came from the usually vocal cat. I decided to take the cat to a park for fresh air and that's when the cat ran away. I found the cat but the cat kept running. The dog and I tracked the cat to a place where a van was suspiciously parked and had left only moments before the dog and I had determined this to be the final place where the cat had walked. I just don't understand it. I just don't understand what happened.

That explains a lot, perhaps everything.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 2:54:37 PM
At 6/30/2016 2:37:17 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/30/2016 2:31:47 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Answer honestly.

Why don't you?

Could you explain it to me then? Because I don't understand anything anymore.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:12:59 PM

All I know is life is a lesson. I know we all have a purpose. But what is the purpose is the question. To have faith to know that those giving the most receive the most, is a trust difficult to catch when one is falling. I'm more confused than ever. I think I've failed everything, and everyone. Maybe I deserve my hell.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:18:34 PM
At 6/30/2016 3:12:59 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

All I know is life is a lesson. I know we all have a purpose. But what is the purpose is the question. To have faith to know that those giving the most receive the most, is a trust difficult to catch when one is falling. I'm more confused than ever. I think I've failed everything, and everyone. Maybe I deserve my hell.

I really think you need professional help, please avail yourself of it. All the best.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:34:01 PM
At 6/30/2016 3:18:34 PM, bulproof wrote:

I really think you need professional help, please avail yourself of it. All the best.

Says the guy who says he's screwing the goddess. Oh tell me more.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:38:46 PM
At 6/30/2016 3:34:01 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 3:18:34 PM, bulproof wrote:

Says the guy who says he's screwing the goddess. Oh tell me more.

Chapter 78?