Jump to topic:

2 witnesses in Revelation.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:14:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'm of the impression that the 2 witnesses in the Bible are 2 Angels.

But the arguemtns that they are Elijah and Enoch are strong as well.

But Enoch and Elijah didn't witness an event together.

The resurrection is key to salvation and to the christian religion being true. I think it is a fundamental principle that this must be the death of flesh and resurrection of a glorious body as demonstrated by Christ.

So I feel the 2 witness are the 2 angels that were in Jesus' tomb.

Perhaps Micheal and Gabriel. 2 Angels known to minister to Isreal and be intimately related to Jesus' life.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:49:10 PM
At 6/29/2016 1:14:40 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The resurrection is key to salvation and to the christian religion being true. I think it is a fundamental principle that this must be the death of flesh and resurrection of a glorious body as demonstrated by Christ.

Perhaps Micheal and Gabriel. 2 Angels known to minister to Isreal and be intimately related to Jesus' life.

What passage are you referring to please?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 9:02:08 PM

Elijah and Moses. The both touched holy ground at Mount Harab with God and were both there at the transfiguration of Christ.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:11:37 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:49:10 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Revelations 11
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:13:28 PM
At 6/29/2016 9:02:08 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Elijah and Moses. The both touched holy ground at Mount Harab with God and were both there at the transfiguration of Christ.

So the testimony they give to the world, and the event they are said to be witness to is the transfiguration?

Why would the transfiguration vex the world. I think the acceptance of Jesus as resurrected would vex the world more.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:17:32 PM
At 6/29/2016 10:13:28 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

So the testimony they give to the world, and the event they are said to be witness to is the transfiguration?

Why would the transfiguration vex the world. I think the acceptance of Jesus as resurrected would vex the world more.

It could be like the whore of babylon and not be literal people but something bigger. Just theories.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:19:06 PM

I'm saying the trasfiguration may have happened because of the event that vexed the world.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 10:24:27 PM

What we know is God transcends time. We also know Elijah and Moses both met God at Mount Harab in the same location. We also know there was a transformation and god power shown to both. We also know that just like Moses' face was transfigured, so was Christ's face at the transfiguration when he met both Elijah and Moses. I propose that 3 events were in one event. Past, Present(Christ's life), and future.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:05:09 AM
At 6/29/2016 10:24:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

What we know is God transcends time. We also know Elijah and Moses both met God at Mount Harab in the same location. We also know there was a transformation and god power shown to both. We also know that just like Moses' face was transfigured, so was Christ's face at the transfiguration when he met both Elijah and Moses. I propose that 3 events were in one event. Past, Present(Christ's life), and future.

It's astounding what you claim to know. Conflating believe and know is what brings christians unstuck, well that and all of their other delusions.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:26:22 AM

I would say the two witnesses are (1) collectively, the prophets of the OT who looked forward to the coming of the Messiah and (2) collectively, the apostles who confirmed His coming and preached that the promised Messiah and kingdom had come.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:10:50 PM
At 6/29/2016 10:11:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Perhaps Micheal and Gabriel. 2 Angels known to minister to Israel and be intimately related to Jesus' life.

Revelations 11

Thank you.

Two is not a literal number in this case but points to the necessity of all things being proven at the mouth of two witnesses.

In fact it points to those Brothers and Sisters who bore witness to Jehovah's kingdom "in sack cloth and ashes", in other words in an appearance of shame, during the early years of that Kingdom's establishment starting in heaven in 1914.

That is because they were war years when Satan had stirred up his human governments into conflict against Jehovah's people who would not take part in any wars of humanity.

Satan did the same in WWII, seeing brothers and sisters incarcerated in almost every land because they would not fight against fellow Christians of any nationality, nor would they take any part in any war between Satan's nations, in obedience to Christ's command to be "no part of this (satanic) world" parentheses mine.

Sack cloth and ashes denotes shame or mourning, and symbolises repentance.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:34:53 PM
At 6/30/2016 6:10:50 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Perhaps Micheal and Gabriel. 2 Angels known to minister to Israel and be intimately related to Jesus' life.

Revelations 11

Thank you.

Two is not a literal number in this case but points to the necessity of all things being proven at the mouth of two witnesses.

In fact it points to those Brothers and Sisters who bore witness to Jehovah's kingdom "in sack cloth and ashes", in other words in an appearance of shame, during the early years of that Kingdom's establishment starting in heaven in 1914.

LMAO
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 7:08:16 PM
At 6/30/2016 6:34:53 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

Glad you enjoyed it, but you now what they say about he who laughs last Anna.

It certainly won't be you unless you change your thinking and your ways.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 8:21:28 PM
At 6/30/2016 7:08:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

STILL laughing that you actually think the "two witnesses" amount to a bunch of ignorant "Bible Students" or "Russellites", including Russell and Rutherford, in 1914 - the same clowns who had told everyone that Armageddon would come in 1914. Then to prove their expert witness, they changed it to 1925.

You gotta be kidding.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:09:00 AM
At 6/30/2016 8:21:28 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

STILL laughing that you actually think the "two witnesses" amount to a bunch of ignorant "Bible Students" or "Russellites", including Russell and Rutherford, in 1914 - the same clowns who had told everyone that Armageddon would come in 1914. Then to prove their expert witness, they changed it to 1925.

You gotta be kidding.

No I think they are the anointed followers of Christ drawn to his side by his father before WWI.

Same people, more accurate assessment.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:25:26 PM
At 7/1/2016 9:09:00 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

You gotta be kidding.

No I think they are the anointed followers of Christ drawn to his side by his father before WWI.

Yeah? Well, this is said of them:

"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that cometh up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified."

What are you claiming? That when Rutherford and his cohorts landed in jail for sedition, that THAT was somehow a fulfillment of the passage?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:36:53 PM
Revelation is a story written by someone on a bad trip. Psychotropic drugs do that.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:39:44 PM
At 7/1/2016 5:25:26 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

You gotta be kidding.

"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that cometh up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified."

What are you claiming? That when Rutherford and his cohorts landed in jail for sedition, that THAT was somehow a fulfillment of the passage?

No it was the start of it, like you said somewhere it denotes a group not two individuals, and that group is still going strong.

What is the great city?

Why is it called Egypt and Sodom?

Do you understand that part? It is simple to the spiritually minded who understand the Bible and its terminology. Which basically rules you out completely.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:01:22 PM
At 7/1/2016 9:39:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

You gotta be kidding.

No it was the start of it, like you said somewhere it denotes a group not two individuals, and that group is still going strong.

I said TWO groups, i. e. TWO witnesses: the prophets and the apostles, the prophets who pointed to the advent of the Messiah, and the apostles who pointed back to it.

What is the great city?

Jerusalem: " Wherefore ye witness to yourselves, that ye are sons of them that slew the prophets ... O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (Matt 23: 37)

Again during Stephen's speech in Acts 7:

"Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers" (v 52)

Because of wickedness, oppression, persecution, and even enslavement of God's people. Jerusalem would thus join their ranks.

Do you understand that part?

For the most part, yes

It is simple to the spiritually minded who understand the Bible and its terminology.

In other words, the goofball Jehovah's Witnesses. LMAO!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:12:30 AM

Point one: I never said it denotes "a group". The prophets collectively are one witness. The apostles and inspired men of the first century are the second witness. That's two groups, two witnesses. Members of both groups were persecuted and martyred in Jerusalem.

Point two: It is difficult to comprehend that Revelation speaks of "two witnesses" - and these "witnesses" habitually got things wrong. I do not recall the any prophet or apostle so consistently uttering such speculative nonsense.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:06:02 PM
At 7/2/2016 1:12:30 AM, annanicole wrote:

Point one: I never said it denotes "a group". The prophets collectively are one witness. The apostles and inspired men of the first century are the second witness. That's two groups, two witnesses. Members of both groups were persecuted and martyred in Jerusalem.

Point two: It is difficult to comprehend that Revelation speaks of "two witnesses" - and these "witnesses" habitually got things wrong. I do not recall the any prophet or apostle so consistently uttering such speculative nonsense.

Not only did they get things wrong over and over, they lied. They claimed to be prophets in the likeness of Moses and Elijah.

MCB says they simply were incorrect, that they did not lie, and did not claimed to be prophets of God. I showed him that he was lying, posting multiple quotes from the JW's own watchtower magazine where they claimed to be the mouthpiece of God on Earth and equated themselves with Moses and Elijah as prophets.

What did MCB do? Like the liar he is, he deleted the quotes and basically repeated his lie that they did not say they were prophets. And this is not a matter of interpretation. They literally said they were God's prophets and could not possibly be wrong as the Spirit of God had confirmed what they were saying.

MCB is a liar. He is aware that the JW's are liars. This is where one can understand what Jesus meant when He said He would rather us be either hot or cold, but never lukewarm. I would choose any atheist on this board over MCB. He is a deliberate and continuous liar, sleazily hiding behind religious sanctimony.

Stench. Ugh.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:11:47 PM

Well it is one group.

No Anna they are not, you don;t understand what Jerusalem is or why it is called Sodom or Egypt.

Jerusalem has many figurative meanings in scripture, I suggest you find out what this one is. In prophecy it rarely means the literal Jerusalem.

That is precisely why they bear witness in "sackcloth and ashes", because of the errors they made and the shame that brought on them, which people like you are only too willing to harp on about.

They have never habitually got anything wrong, they have always worked or a better understanding and in Jehovah's own time they got it, and continue to do so.

If you want to speak of habitually making errors you would do well to look more closely at your own teachings which are error from beginning to end, and you have no desire to change them.

Yours is truly an error making habit with no desire to improve.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:14:53 PM
At 7/1/2016 11:01:22 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

You gotta be kidding.

I said TWO groups, i. e. TWO witnesses: the prophets and the apostles, the prophets who pointed to the advent of the Messiah, and the apostles who pointed back to it.

What is the great city?

Jerusalem: " Wherefore ye witness to yourselves, that ye are sons of them that slew the prophets ... O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (Matt 23: 37)

"Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers" (v 52)

Because of wickedness, oppression, persecution, and even enslavement of God's people. Jerusalem would thus join their ranks.

For the most part, yes

It is simple to the spiritually minded who understand the Bible and its terminology.

Nah, I knew you would never understand it, lol.

Things were nowhere near bad enough to class Jerusalem with Sodom, and it was under the heel of "Egypt" not a part of it.

Maybe you should learn what Egypt represents.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:49:40 PM
At 7/2/2016 2:14:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

You gotta be kidding.

What is the great city?

For the most part, yes

Things were nowhere near bad enough to class Jerusalem with Sodom, and it was under the heel of "Egypt" not a part of it.

I'm surprised you are on here.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:00:29 PM
At 7/2/2016 2:11:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Well it is one group.

No Anna they are not, you don;t understand what Jerusalem is or why it is called Sodom or Egypt.

Jerusalem has many figurative meanings in scripture, I suggest you find out what this one is. In prophecy it rarely means the literal Jerusalem.

There is no evidence that it means anything other than literal Jerusalem in this passage. And there are plenty of prophesies in which "Jerusalem" means literal Jerusalem.

That is precisely why they bear witness in "sackcloth and ashes", because of the errors they made and the shame that brought on them ....

So much shame that they ceased and desisted from making practically the same error again and again?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:03:11 PM
At 7/2/2016 2:14:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Revelations 11

Thank you.

LMAO

You gotta be kidding.

What is the great city?

For the most part, yes

Look, the LAST person that I or anyone else would want to determine the meanings of prophesies is a ... Jehovah's Witness, disfellowshipped or not. I never said that Jerusalem was a part of Egypt. The children of God were held in bondage in Egypt, and so it was with Jerusalem. That's the similarity.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:26:28 PM
At 7/2/2016 2:11:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If you want to speak of habitually making errors you would do well to look more closely at your own teachings which are error from beginning to end, and you have no desire to change them.

Pfffffffft. You certainly haven't done a very good job at pointing them out.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:31:06 PM
At 7/2/2016 1:06:02 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Not only did they get things wrong over and over, they lied. They claimed to be prophets in the likeness of Moses and Elijah.

MCB says they simply were incorrect, that they did not lie, and did not claimed to be prophets of God. I showed him that he was lying, posting multiple quotes from the JW's own watchtower magazine where they claimed to be the mouthpiece of God on Earth and equated themselves with Moses and Elijah as prophets.

Yeah, they did that.

What did MCB do? Like the liar he is, he deleted the quotes and basically repeated his lie that they did not say they were prophets. And this is not a matter of interpretation. They literally said they were God's prophets and could not possibly be wrong as the Spirit of God had confirmed what they were saying.

MCB is a liar. He is aware that the JW's are liars.

Well, the main lying that is done in the Jehovah's Witness scheme of things is done at the top. One simply cannot trust the folks at the top of the WatchTower organization - and never could.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:33:50 AM
At 7/2/2016 4:31:06 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yeah, they did that.

Well, the main lying that is done in the Jehovah's Witness scheme of things is done at the top. One simply cannot trust the folks at the top of the WatchTower organization - and never could.

I wonder how a liar like MCB deals with being lied to? The bible says: "as you sow so shall you reap." It doesn't appear MCB has experienced anyone lying to him that caused him the same devastation that his lying has caused others. He seems to be happily on his way to his Asian paradise. I see he has reduced his posting on DDO like a man who has found better things to chase. Any thoughts on his absence?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 1:27:51 AM
At 7/3/2016 12:33:50 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 7/2/2016 4:31:06 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yeah, they did that.

I wonder how a liar like MCB deals with being lied to? The bible says: "as you sow so shall you reap." It doesn't appear MCB has experienced anyone lying to him that caused him the same devastation that his lying has caused others. He seems to be happily on his way to his Asian paradise. I see he has reduced his posting on DDO like a man who has found better things to chase. Any thoughts on his absence?

Absolutely. He is trying in vain to figure out how he prayed for wisdom - supernaturally, directly, one-on-one infused wisdom - yet would up paying for the meal while another man got the dessert, over and over. Not too bright! That's as bad as some of his speculations on prophesy.

In addition, he's trying to make up excuses concerning:

(1) How, if one is "married in God's eyes" .... then it inevitably doesn't work out ....
(2) Why the "not working out" doesn't equate with getting divorced (again) "in God's eyes."