Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ask a Catholic

Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 8:38:53 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
What does it mean to be a Jehovah's Witness?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 8:45:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Welcome, RF.

In a world where advanced economies are increasingly post-Christian, where the biggest interest in Roman Catholicism is in the developing world, where theocracy and clericalism are increasingly scrutinised, criticised and held to secular account, and where a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon for the last half century, what do you see as being the greatest social, intellectual and ethical challenges facing Roman Catholicism today, and how can they be met?
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 8:48:27 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:38:53 PM, bulproof wrote:
What does it mean to be a Jehovah's Witness?

As Jehovah's Witnesses are not Catholic, I cannot provide an authoritative answer to this question. Sorry!
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:02:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Concerning the Ecumenical Councils. The first 7 are obviously accepted by the RCC and the Orthodox religions as well as others. But the catholics have many more Ecumenical Councils. Of the teachings of these numerous councils which do the RCC consider to be mandatory teachings for Christianity?
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:03:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:45:47 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Welcome, RF.

In a world where advanced economies are increasingly post-Christian, where the biggest interest in Roman Catholicism is in the developing world, where theocracy and clericalism are increasingly scrutinised, criticised and held to secular account, and where a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon for the last half century, what do you see as being the greatest social, intellectual and ethical challenges facing Roman Catholicism today, and how can they be met?

I find fault with your claim that "a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon." In fact, although many Catholics are sadly unaware of this fact, many modern-day reforms were not expressly provided for by the Second Vatican Council. For example, Novus Ordo Masses are not supposed to be entirely in the vernacular. The vernacular is to be applied only to the changeable parts of the Mass. The consecration at the Mass is probably supposed to be in Latin, reading the documents of Vatican II, but as said before, many Catholics do not know this. In addition, Holy Orders may not be administered to former heretics. (e.g., Protestants turned Catholic) without prior dispensation from a bishop. This leads us to wonder how many sacraments are licitly administered. Therefore, I do not think the problem lies with the Popes reforming Canon Law to make it increasingly secular, but an ignorance or misinterpretation of Canon Law by bishops and priests who are leaning increasingly secular.

So, that said, I think that the greatest problem lies within the Church herself, and it is that she is becoming too secular. Her sacred music is degenerating, with Life Teen Masses featuring terrible rock music during Communion which leads one not to focus on God (the intended purpose of music during Mass) but on the rock guitarist himself. Her religious education is becoming too relativist. Her priests are becoming increasingly afraid of speaking the truth candidly. In fact, Dr. Scott Hahn once told a story of when he was looking into the Catholic Church as a Protestant and was met with priests who said that Protestantism was fine, that God would accept him as he was.

I think, then, that Catholics should pursue a course of action where she simply educates. Catholic schools should not use the Common Core, but a classical curriculum which stresses the study of great minds and great books. She should teach the Truth as it is, without fear of offending. Many Catholics are confused about what the Church teaches and why it teaches what it teaches. This is the reason so many young people are falling away from the Church. They do not think the Church can stand up for herself and they cannot find reason to her rituals. This is largely not their fault. It is the Church's job to educate.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:05:07 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 9:02:47 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Concerning the Ecumenical Councils. The first 7 are obviously accepted by the RCC and the Orthodox religions as well as others. But the catholics have many more Ecumenical Councils. Of the teachings of these numerous councils which do the RCC consider to be mandatory teachings for Christianity?

Anything declared ex cathedra by the Pope is considered infallible teaching guided by the Holy Spirit. The Code of Canon Law and the Catechism must always be abided by. Beyond that, I do not think any other teachings are absolutely infallible.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:37:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

What is it like being equestrian.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:40:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Is it moral to have a confession booth in your church. ?
And do they work ?
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:40:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 9:37:04 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

What is it like being equestrian.

Well, this has nothing to do with Catholicism, but I would be happy to respond.

It is fantastic to be able to be involved with these beautiful creatures! Horse racing is undoubtedly the most beautiful sport and the most elating feeling outside of church, by far, is watching a racehorse fly down the stretch just for the love of running.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:44:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 9:40:04 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Is it moral to have a confession booth in your church. ?
And do they work ?

It is moral to have a confessional in a church. As to whether they "work," one would have to look to the Bible. John 20:23 says, "Receive the Holy Spirit; whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." So yes, we believe that our sins are forgiven if they meet five conditions:
1. You have examined your conscience
2. You have made an act of contrition for your sins
3. You have the firm purpose of amendment (the resolve to sin no more)
4. You have confessed your sins with sincere sorrow, without holding anything back, and have answered any of the priest's questions truthfully
5. You have done the penance the priest gives you
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 11:25:16 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Taylor, I want to apologise. I asked my question before I read your age on your profile. The question I asked requires information I can't expect you to have and places demands on you it's unfair to ask.

You're welcome to attempt to answer the question if you want, but I think it would be unfair of me to criticise your answer. Instead I'll think of some follow-on questions that relate.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 11:43:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 9:03:00 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:45:47 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Welcome, RF.

In a world where advanced economies are increasingly post-Christian, where the biggest interest in Roman Catholicism is in the developing world, where theocracy and clericalism are increasingly scrutinised, criticised and held to secular account, and where a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon for the last half century, what do you see as being the greatest social, intellectual and ethical challenges facing Roman Catholicism today, and how can they be met?

I find fault with your claim that "a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon."

RF, thank you for your response, which I found considered, eloquent and thoughtful.

I note though, that you've focused more on liturgy than the full spectrum of doctrinal canon, and ignored the other elements of my question. As per my earlier post (which I drafted before you'd replied, but which didn't appear until after you'd posted), I shall not critique your response further.

Instead, let me ask you a different question, that I think may be more suitable.

From its earliest traditions, the Roman Catholic church has embraced a principle of love and the common fellowship of man, however it is not the only faith to have done so.

Outside the Judaeo-Christian traditions, which world faiths do you know to also embrace traditions of love and the common fellowship of man, which do you respect most, what is your favourite quote from their doctrine, and why do you like it?
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:04:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 11:43:38 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/30/2016 9:03:00 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:45:47 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Welcome, RF.

In a world where advanced economies are increasingly post-Christian, where the biggest interest in Roman Catholicism is in the developing world, where theocracy and clericalism are increasingly scrutinised, criticised and held to secular account, and where a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon for the last half century, what do you see as being the greatest social, intellectual and ethical challenges facing Roman Catholicism today, and how can they be met?

I find fault with your claim that "a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon."

RF, thank you for your response, which I found considered, eloquent and thoughtful.

I note though, that you've focused more on liturgy than the full spectrum of doctrinal canon, and ignored the other elements of my question. As per my earlier post (which I drafted before you'd replied, but which didn't appear until after you'd posted), I shall not critique your response further.

Instead, let me ask you a different question, that I think may be more suitable.

From its earliest traditions, the Roman Catholic church has embraced a principle of love and the common fellowship of man, however it is not the only faith to have done so.

Outside the Judaeo-Christian traditions, which world faiths do you know to also embrace traditions of love and the common fellowship of man, which do you respect most, what is your favourite quote from their doctrine, and why do you like it?

And thank you very much for your consideration. I actually didn't realize that I could not hide my age on my public profile.

To be honest, I can't think of any world religions that do not embrace traditions of love and common fellowship of man. Rather, I think some tend to stress it more than others. Other than the Judeo-Christian faiths, I am not entirely sure which I would say I respect most. I respect anyone with decent guiding principles and a strong reason for their guiding principles. However, I am constantly inspired by the Dalai Lamas' quotes, since Buddhism is one world faith that does seem to paricularly stress love and kindness above all else.

I would say that my favorite quote from Buddhism would be the 14th Dalai Lama's quote about religion- "This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple. The philosophy is kindness." What an inspiring quote!
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:14:59 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.

It's not something this world would want advertised. But there is a war comming. It starts sooner than you could imagine.
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:30:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:14:59 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.

It's not something this world would want advertised. But there is a war comming. It starts sooner than you could imagine.

When?
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:56:48 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Ok, why are you trying to steal my thread?

http://www.debate.org...
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:24:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:30:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:14:59 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.

It's not something this world would want advertised. But there is a war comming. It starts sooner than you could imagine.

When?

It's difficult to say when my days go blurry into the nights. I'd say it wasn't more than a week ago. The moon appeared to be full.
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:25:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:56:48 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Ok, why are you trying to steal my thread?


http://www.debate.org...

Whoops, I did not even know that existed! Sorry.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:28:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:24:41 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:30:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:14:59 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.

It's not something this world would want advertised. But there is a war comming. It starts sooner than you could imagine.

When?

It's difficult to say when my days go blurry into the nights. I'd say it wasn't more than a week ago. The moon appeared to be full.

Oh the war. My bad. I misread you. The war starts in September. I can't recall if it's this September or next September. But it will last for four years. Call it WW3. The stars tell precisely the day it begins. Look for the pregnant woman in the sky
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:46:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

what convinced you that your god is real?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:49:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:04:55 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 11:43:38 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/30/2016 9:03:00 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:45:47 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Welcome, RF.

In a world where advanced economies are increasingly post-Christian, where the biggest interest in Roman Catholicism is in the developing world, where theocracy and clericalism are increasingly scrutinised, criticised and held to secular account, and where a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon for the last half century, what do you see as being the greatest social, intellectual and ethical challenges facing Roman Catholicism today, and how can they be met?

I find fault with your claim that "a succession of pontiffs have sanctioned a staged dismantling of doctrinal canon."

RF, thank you for your response, which I found considered, eloquent and thoughtful.

I note though, that you've focused more on liturgy than the full spectrum of doctrinal canon, and ignored the other elements of my question. As per my earlier post (which I drafted before you'd replied, but which didn't appear until after you'd posted), I shall not critique your response further.

Instead, let me ask you a different question, that I think may be more suitable.

From its earliest traditions, the Roman Catholic church has embraced a principle of love and the common fellowship of man, however it is not the only faith to have done so.

Outside the Judaeo-Christian traditions, which world faiths do you know to also embrace traditions of love and the common fellowship of man, which do you respect most, what is your favourite quote from their doctrine, and why do you like it?

And thank you very much for your consideration. I actually didn't realize that I could not hide my age on my public profile.

You probably can, but it may be useful to keep it displayed. The contest of ideas can be brutal and you're right to insist on respectful engagement. I personally believe that young minds deserve particular respect.

To be honest, I can't think of any world religions that do not embrace traditions of love and common fellowship of man.
There are such religions, but they tend not to be the ones adopted by empires. :)

I respect anyone with decent guiding principles and a strong reason for their guiding principles.
That sounds like a good place to start, RF. I do too, religious or not.

Buddhism is one world faith that does seem to particularly stress love and kindness above all else.
I would agree. The lesser-known faith of Jainism does too. Did you know that Buddhism is about 500 years older than Christianity? That's not to invalidate the ideas and inspirations of Christianity. It's to point out that a human search for compassion, justice and dignity is very old and has appeared independently in many places. It can be found among the Zoroastrians too, which was an ancient Persian faith around when the Israelites were becoming Jews, and which is followed still in India other parts of the world today.

But it also links to something else you wrote about the Church's role to educate. It's very hard to educate others until you understand what they know and respect what they value. I realise from your profile that you're very passionate about Roman Catholicism, and from your responses I understand that you'd like the church to preserve its sectarian traditions and roots. I'm glad though that you realise there are traditions and roots of value outside the Church. This links to the question I asked earlier, which I withdrew. My motive for asking it was the sort of question I didn't care about myself at age 13, but which I care about a great deal at age 53 -- which is how humans of different faith, traditions and outlooks can find ways to cooperate, respect each other and get along.

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple. The philosophy is kindness." What an inspiring quote!
I agree, RF. I'm an atheist, and think it's inspiring too. :)

But since this is a thread about Roman Catholicism, for thought by inspiring Christians, let me commend to you one of my favourite Christian writers. Her name was Laura Cereta, she was an Italian girl -- a woman really -- and a Roman Catholic. Of high birth and good education, she was married at age 15 -- only two years older than you are -- to a wealthy merchant, who unfortunately died on a voyage, leaving her a widow at 16. [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

Hers are some of the most thoughtful, insightful and bright letters I've ever read. She wrote them mostly to men -- many of them decades older than herself, and very often made them look like pompous asses. :D

Here are two things this thoughtful young woman wrote that I find inspiring:

The free mind, unafraid of labor, presses on to attain the good.

Empty women, who strive for no good but exist to adorn themselves...These women of majestic pride, fantastic coiffures, outlandish ornament, and necks bound with gold or pearls bear the glittering symbols of their captivity to men.

When I read how thoughtful, measured and dignified were some of your responses in this thread, you reminded me of her, so I thought I'd mention her to you. I hope you might have a chance to read her sometime, and if you do, I hope you may enjoy her thought, now over 500 years old, a passionate Catholic girl unafraid to speak her mind. :D

With best wishes, Ruv.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,840
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:38:58 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Why is Catholicism called Catholicism?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Axon85
Posts: 137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 6:12:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

How would you describe the current Catholic position regarding hell as well as the terms of salvation?
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:47:00 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:25:33 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:56:48 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Ok, why are you trying to steal my thread?


http://www.debate.org...

Whoops, I did not even know that existed! Sorry.

Maybe you could call yours Catholic Answers?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Racingfan53
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 1:44:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 11:47:00 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:25:33 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:56:48 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Ok, why are you trying to steal my thread?


http://www.debate.org...

Whoops, I did not even know that existed! Sorry.

Maybe you could call yours Catholic Answers?

I will do that. Questions will be answered on the new topic.
A M D G

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:01:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:24:41 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:30:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:14:59 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.

It's not something this world would want advertised. But there is a war comming. It starts sooner than you could imagine.

When?

It's difficult to say when my days go blurry into the nights. I'd say it wasn't more than a week ago. The moon appeared to be full.

No, when is this war coming?
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:06:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 2:01:40 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:24:41 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:30:12 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:14:59 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:05:53 AM, Racingfan53 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 12:02:09 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:18:14 PM, Racingfan53 wrote:
Ask me anything as long as it is respectful.

Did you see the miracle in the sky several days ago? The was a cross highlighted by the center of the moon. It seems some people went to great length to get my attention to look upwards to notice something nobody else seems to have seen. Did you see it?

No, I saw no miracle in the sky several days ago. I also have not heard of it. No one has previously brought it to my attention.

It's not something this world would want advertised. But there is a war comming. It starts sooner than you could imagine.

When?

It's difficult to say when my days go blurry into the nights. I'd say it wasn't more than a week ago. The moon appeared to be full.

No, when is this war coming?

Scroll up. I answered this question of yours already. Look for the pregnant woman in the sky