Jump to topic:

Atheist: Christians have moral highground

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 1:55:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Atheists actually do believe Christians have the moral high ground.

http://www.debate.org...

Post #5

Matthew 5:22
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, "Raca," will be subject to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, "You fool!" will be subject to the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:38-47
38 You have heard that it was said, "Eye for eye and tooth for tooth."h 39But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40 if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; 41 and if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43 You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy."i 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,j 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?

Luke 6:31

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

You are not a Christian.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:00:20 AM
At 7/1/2016 1:55:47 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Post #5

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, "Raca," will be subject to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, "You fool!" will be subject to the fire of hell.

38 You have heard that it was said, "Eye for eye and tooth for tooth."h 39But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40 if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; 41 and if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43 You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy."i 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,j 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?

You are not a Christian.

What's a "moral high ground" and how to I get me one of them new fangled thingies.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:14:12 AM
At 7/1/2016 2:00:20 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Post #5

You are not a Christian.

What's a "moral high ground" and how to I get me one of them new fangled thingies.

I've got you on this one DJR. Your own are cannibalising you. Traitors...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:17:35 AM
At 7/1/2016 2:14:12 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Post #5

You are not a Christian.

Well thats you burning in the fires of your imaginary hell ,craptor.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:25:07 AM

I would be more inclined to say you have identified a/the moral high ground, however have a very difficult time claiming it.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 1:23:53 PM
At 7/1/2016 2:14:12 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Post #5

You are not a Christian.

So, you don't actually know what moral high ground is yet you claim to have it. Typical.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:58:51 PM
At 7/1/2016 11:25:07 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I would be more inclined to say you have identified a/the moral high ground, however have a very difficult time claiming it.

We don't claim it. Atheists do. We admit we are flawed. Atheism says "I'm perfect, need noone to tell me otherwise, and bow to nothing and no one. I am also better than all Christians".

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 11:35:04 PM
At 7/9/2016 9:58:51 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

We don't claim it.

That is a lie on so many levels it could make for a great apartment complex.

Atheists do. We admit we are flawed. Atheism says "I'm perfect, need noone to tell me otherwise, and bow to nothing and no one. I am also better than all Christians".

I am sure you can find evidence to these assertions. I call them lies. Your move.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Les_Rong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:05:02 AM
At 7/9/2016 9:58:51 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

We don't claim it. Atheists do. We admit we are flawed. Atheism says "I'm perfect, need noone to tell me otherwise, and bow to nothing and no one. I am also better than all Christians".

Atheism says, "There is no God." And that is all.
Les_Rong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:05:50 AM

Post #5

You are not a Christian.

Actually, the poster was merely pointing out your own hypocrisy; that's all.