Jump to topic:

The lament of the creationist.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:08:01 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
If I knew anything about the ToE then I would tell you why it's wrong, but since I have absolutely no knowledge concerning the ToE I'm going to tell why the ToE is wrong.
Listen up now.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:24:59 PM
Anyone who thinks that evolution disproves God is an idiot.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:38:26 PM
At 7/1/2016 4:24:59 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

The only thing that disproves gods is reason...............
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:40:17 PM
Anyone who thinks that reason disproves God is an idiot.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:41:46 PM
The thread concerns the ToE.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:48:32 PM
Why couldn't God create an evolving universe?

Doesn't intelligent design occur all the time in these genetically modified organisms that people eat? Before then, have we not selectively breed the livestock and crops that we use?

It's a dumb argument for ignorant people.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:57:18 PM
At 7/1/2016 4:48:32 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Doesn't intelligent design occur all the time in these genetically modified organisms that people eat? Before then, have we not selectively breed the livestock and crops that we use?

Well that is obvious, so why did you propose it?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:06:32 PM
At 7/1/2016 4:57:18 PM, bulproof wrote:

The idea that evolution, God, intelligent design, natural selection, and creation contradict comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of language and the concepts involved, not anything truly meaningful.

But when is the last time you said anything truly meaningful? I thank you for being around. You do a fine job making atheists look stupid. For your sake, I hope that has been your intention from the get go. Maybe you're a Christian in disguise?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:12:27 PM
At 7/1/2016 5:06:32 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

The idea that evolution, God, intelligent design, natural selection, and creation contradict comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of language and the concepts involved, not anything truly meaningful.

But when is the last time you said anything truly meaningful? I thank you for being around. You do a fine job making atheists look stupid. For your sake, I hope that has been your intention from the get go. Maybe you're a Christian in disguise?

I love it when they have no response. Poor little things.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:13:27 PM
At 7/1/2016 4:08:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
If I knew anything about the ToE then I would tell you why it's wrong, but since I have absolutely no knowledge concerning the ToE I'm going to tell why the ToE is wrong.
Listen up now.

Show us a change in kind.

Even better, show us why Atheist biologist David Berlinski is wrong when he says ToE is a fairytale latched onto by Militant Atheists.

You'll also need to explain how we got an explosion of creatures at the Cambrian and how we got 5 billion transitions in 500 million years when according to you man is 100,000 years old. If we haven't changed in 100,000 years, where do you find the time to get 5 billion transitions from simple life to Christy Brinkley.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:17:38 PM

He could have, but instead we have the Cambrian explosion and the "appearance of design" in the fossil record. Richard Dawkins, atheist, was quick to point out,"Just because it looks designed, that doesn't mean it is..."

(Bronto scampers off into the weeds)
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:23:15 PM

This:

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:23:39 PM
http://www.conservapedia.com...

Richard Dawkins, atheist biologist-

"And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:25:52 PM
At 7/1/2016 4:38:26 PM, missmedic wrote:

So...explain to us what created the universe.

missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 3:35:36 AM
At 7/1/2016 9:25:52 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:38:26 PM, missmedic wrote:

So...explain to us what created the universe.

I must admit my ignorance on the subject, I do not know. But all knowledge available to me, tells me there is no model of the universe in which some god is "either required, productive, or useful."
Knowledge is knowledge about reality. To speak of knowledge that we don't understand is a contradiction in terms.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:22:52 AM
At 7/1/2016 9:23:15 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

This:
I sure manage to get you godbotherers all bitter and twisted.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 5:08:05 AM
At 7/1/2016 4:40:17 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

How do you function in the real world?
Meh!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 6:15:18 AM
Listen up now.

PM me immediately. Breaking news.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 6:15:51 AM
We're calling it "the toe" now, are we. I mean, that's how it sounds. Phonetically. In my head. All scientists support the toe. The toe has unanimous consensus. The toe is sound. Why do you deny the toe? Embrace the toe.

I just don't know how I feel about this.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:35:36 PM
At 7/2/2016 5:08:05 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:40:17 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

How do you function in the real world?

The grace of God, like anyone else.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 8:32:56 PM

Says the uber idiot.

ToE is fatal to Christianity, that's for sure. But given you possess a special dictionary, tailored to your needs, a dictionary of which there is but one copy on the entire planet, and you happen to have it, and you happen to have authored it, and you happen to use it at your leisure and to your convenience, I'm sure your reply will involve said dictionary, as anything more substantial and honest would give you the pox.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 9:02:39 PM
At 7/2/2016 8:32:56 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Says the uber idiot.

ToE is fatal to Christianity, that's for sure. But given you possess a special dictionary, tailored to your needs, a dictionary of which there is but one copy on the entire planet, and you happen to have it, and you happen to have authored it, and you happen to use it at your leisure and to your convenience, I'm sure your reply will involve said dictionary, as anything more substantial and honest would give you the pox.

Here, now you can have a copy too.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

dipshit
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 9:12:02 PM
Listen up now.

Would you like to tell us something about the "ToE" that we don't know or understand? we are all ears....
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 9:55:26 PM
At 7/2/2016 9:12:02 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Listen up now.

Would you like to tell us something about the "ToE" that we don't know or understand? we are all ears....

That would be everything because you understand nothing. And, since that is the case, it is your responsibility to educate yourself, not ours, we have already pursued our responsibility in that regard.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 9:59:05 PM
At 7/2/2016 9:55:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Listen up now.

That would be everything because you understand nothing. And, since that is the case, it is your responsibility to educate yourself, not ours, we have already pursued our responsibility in that regard.

That didn't answer the question.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:35:41 AM
At 7/2/2016 9:59:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Listen up now.

Yes, it did, go educate yourself, that is the answer.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:38:01 AM
At 7/3/2016 12:35:41 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Listen up now.

Sorry, but you and the other troll made the claim, now answer that question...it should be easy for ya, since we know nothing.
Tell us all what we need to know about "ToE"....bigmouth...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:41:03 AM
At 7/3/2016 12:38:01 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Listen up now.

Sorry, but you and the other troll made the claim, now answer that question...it should be easy for ya, since we know nothing.

It is your responsibility to educate yourself. If you refuse to do that, then you'll always remain ignorant.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:46:18 AM
At 7/3/2016 12:41:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:38:01 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Listen up now.

It is your responsibility to educate yourself. If you refuse to do that, then you'll always remain ignorant.

You made the claim I never educated myself bigmouth, so apparently you know what I need to learn, now let's here it genius...