Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Deja Vu

Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:29:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM, Willows wrote:
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?

No it doesn't. I don't even turn my car off when I'm pumping gas.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 8:12:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM, Willows wrote:
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?

Yeah, sounds like an analogy for atheism....a big, fat extra- stuffed straw man. Again, science doesn't deal with the spiritual, to think it could ever measure or prove God is astoundingly ignorant.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped. Put your eggs in another basket son.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Shawn_Hartnell
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 10:01:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM, Willows wrote:
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?

Yes, two people relying on second hand "knowledge" and each one insisting that they're "right".
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:46:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Science is a branch of knowledge that has a built in process to validate, correct and update that body of knowledge. It is the most progressive system created to acquire knowledge about the universe we live in.
Individuals are at different levels of development and not all are created equal. This shows in our levels of intelligence and capacity to learn. Our common humanity should compensate for these differences. Live and let live!!!
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 1:25:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...

I think you are digging a hole for yourself that's getting bigger. Of all the tools we have at our disposal to verify events and phenomena, science is by far the best that we have, like it or not. Science is a measuring stick, it is definitive as sure as water is wet and the world is orb-shaped.
Yet there will always be those who say that water is dry and the world is flat, therefore science does not work. And of course this gives free reign to assert the existence of anything you want baby.
We do not have fairy detectors, green spaghetti monster catchers or Elvis resurrection machines but our commonsense and sanity tell us none of these phenomena exists, including God.
Still, there are people around that will get hot-headed and insist that Elvis is alive and flipping burgers..., "I HAVE A CHEESEBURGER IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH, YOU IGNORAMUS"
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 1:27:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM, Willows wrote:
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?

By the way, the attendant did mention that fires don't just start by accident.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 9:23:42 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 1:25:54 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...

I think you are digging a hole for yourself that's getting bigger. Of all the tools we have at our disposal to verify events and phenomena, science is by far the best that we have, like it or not. Science is a measuring stick, it is definitive as sure as water is wet and the world is orb-shaped.

Who ever denied what science does? I showed you what it does. Try reading what I write. I'm not rejecting science for what it does, I'm rejecting what is falsely being suggested.
I accept science as the study of the natural world, not as an authority on what it exists ultimately, anyone who does so is foolish. Does that make sense? or are you gonna ramble with no point again....

Yet there will always be those who say that water is dry and the world is flat, therefore science does not work. And of course this gives free reign to assert the existence of anything you want baby.

Who said any of this??

We do not have fairy detectors, green spaghetti monster catchers or Elvis resurrection machines but our commonsense and sanity tell us none of these phenomena exists, including God.

Yes of course, make a joke out of it and pretend you had anything worthwhile to say. If you can't follow along with something so simple where do we go from here? If science is limited in examining material phenomena then how could it answer questions regarding the existence of a spiritual God? perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you think this is possible.

Still, there are people around that will get hot-headed and insist that Elvis is alive and flipping burgers..., "I HAVE A CHEESEBURGER IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH, YOU IGNORAMUS"

So you think the concept of God is silly and a fairy tale, thanks for your atheistic opinion.
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:22:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 9:23:42 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 1:25:54 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...

I think you are digging a hole for yourself that's getting bigger. Of all the tools we have at our disposal to verify events and phenomena, science is by far the best that we have, like it or not. Science is a measuring stick, it is definitive as sure as water is wet and the world is orb-shaped.

Who ever denied what science does? I showed you what it does. Try reading what I write. I'm not rejecting science for what it does, I'm rejecting what is falsely being suggested.
I accept science as the study of the natural world, not as an authority on what it exists ultimately, anyone who does so is foolish. Does that make sense? or are you gonna ramble with no point again....

Yet there will always be those who say that water is dry and the world is flat, therefore science does not work. And of course this gives free reign to assert the existence of anything you want baby.

Who said any of this??

We do not have fairy detectors, green spaghetti monster catchers or Elvis resurrection machines but our commonsense and sanity tell us none of these phenomena exists, including God.

Yes of course, make a joke out of it and pretend you had anything worthwhile to say. If you can't follow along with something so simple where do we go from here? If science is limited in examining material phenomena then how could it answer questions regarding the existence of a spiritual God? perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you think this is possible.

Still, there are people around that will get hot-headed and insist that Elvis is alive and flipping burgers..., "I HAVE A CHEESEBURGER IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH, YOU IGNORAMUS"

So you think the concept of God is silly and a fairy tale, thanks for your atheistic opinion.

I'm not making a joke of it at all...the joke has already been made. There are literally people who believe in fairies. The Green Spaghetti Monster was started as an experiment on a website that went viral and before long there were people who were actually believing it...just on the basis that if everyone else does, and it says so here then it must be true.

By the way, science has no limitations whatsoever and it has been used to detect spiritual presence....the result....wait for it........nothing.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:23:20 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 10:22:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 9:23:42 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 1:25:54 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...

I think you are digging a hole for yourself that's getting bigger. Of all the tools we have at our disposal to verify events and phenomena, science is by far the best that we have, like it or not. Science is a measuring stick, it is definitive as sure as water is wet and the world is orb-shaped.

Who ever denied what science does? I showed you what it does. Try reading what I write. I'm not rejecting science for what it does, I'm rejecting what is falsely being suggested.
I accept science as the study of the natural world, not as an authority on what it exists ultimately, anyone who does so is foolish. Does that make sense? or are you gonna ramble with no point again....

Yet there will always be those who say that water is dry and the world is flat, therefore science does not work. And of course this gives free reign to assert the existence of anything you want baby.

Who said any of this??

We do not have fairy detectors, green spaghetti monster catchers or Elvis resurrection machines but our commonsense and sanity tell us none of these phenomena exists, including God.

Yes of course, make a joke out of it and pretend you had anything worthwhile to say. If you can't follow along with something so simple where do we go from here? If science is limited in examining material phenomena then how could it answer questions regarding the existence of a spiritual God? perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you think this is possible.

Still, there are people around that will get hot-headed and insist that Elvis is alive and flipping burgers..., "I HAVE A CHEESEBURGER IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH, YOU IGNORAMUS"

So you think the concept of God is silly and a fairy tale, thanks for your atheistic opinion.

I'm not making a joke of it at all...the joke has already been made. There are literally people who believe in fairies. The Green Spaghetti Monster was started as an experiment on a website that went viral and before long there were people who were actually believing it...just on the basis that if everyone else does, and it says so here then it must be true.

By the way, science has no limitations whatsoever and it has been used to detect spiritual presence....the result....wait for it........nothing.

Source please.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:27:02 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
And one last time, a definition for science and what it studies...

Science- knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world
systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

Maybe someone should learn what physical, material and natural mean.
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:27:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 10:23:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 10:22:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 9:23:42 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 1:25:54 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...

I think you are digging a hole for yourself that's getting bigger. Of all the tools we have at our disposal to verify events and phenomena, science is by far the best that we have, like it or not. Science is a measuring stick, it is definitive as sure as water is wet and the world is orb-shaped.

Who ever denied what science does? I showed you what it does. Try reading what I write. I'm not rejecting science for what it does, I'm rejecting what is falsely being suggested.
I accept science as the study of the natural world, not as an authority on what it exists ultimately, anyone who does so is foolish. Does that make sense? or are you gonna ramble with no point again....

Yet there will always be those who say that water is dry and the world is flat, therefore science does not work. And of course this gives free reign to assert the existence of anything you want baby.

Who said any of this??

We do not have fairy detectors, green spaghetti monster catchers or Elvis resurrection machines but our commonsense and sanity tell us none of these phenomena exists, including God.

Yes of course, make a joke out of it and pretend you had anything worthwhile to say. If you can't follow along with something so simple where do we go from here? If science is limited in examining material phenomena then how could it answer questions regarding the existence of a spiritual God? perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you think this is possible.

Still, there are people around that will get hot-headed and insist that Elvis is alive and flipping burgers..., "I HAVE A CHEESEBURGER IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH, YOU IGNORAMUS"

So you think the concept of God is silly and a fairy tale, thanks for your atheistic opinion.

I'm not making a joke of it at all...the joke has already been made. There are literally people who believe in fairies. The Green Spaghetti Monster was started as an experiment on a website that went viral and before long there were people who were actually believing it...just on the basis that if everyone else does, and it says so here then it must be true.

By the way, science has no limitations whatsoever and it has been used to detect spiritual presence....the result....wait for it........nothing.

Source please.
http://gizmodo.com...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:30:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 10:27:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 10:23:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 10:22:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 9:23:42 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 1:25:54 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:45:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/3/2016 12:34:47 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 10:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Go read the definition of science, or I'll post it here for ya Danne. Science is not equipped, this should be obvious for you. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, thoughtful and free thinkers. All I see are duds.

It is you who doesn't understand science. Science is equipped for something that actually exists. Most likely your God doesn't exist or else scientists would have detected it by now.

Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world .
That would be our material/physical universe, not God or the spiritual...not even close. Sorry, but you don't even know what science studies apparently, how can you speak for it??
Oh don't worry I know the answer.....you've been duped into believing in materialism and now are too proud and arrogant to admit you really don't know what's going on...

I think you are digging a hole for yourself that's getting bigger. Of all the tools we have at our disposal to verify events and phenomena, science is by far the best that we have, like it or not. Science is a measuring stick, it is definitive as sure as water is wet and the world is orb-shaped.

Who ever denied what science does? I showed you what it does. Try reading what I write. I'm not rejecting science for what it does, I'm rejecting what is falsely being suggested.
I accept science as the study of the natural world, not as an authority on what it exists ultimately, anyone who does so is foolish. Does that make sense? or are you gonna ramble with no point again....

Yet there will always be those who say that water is dry and the world is flat, therefore science does not work. And of course this gives free reign to assert the existence of anything you want baby.

Who said any of this??

We do not have fairy detectors, green spaghetti monster catchers or Elvis resurrection machines but our commonsense and sanity tell us none of these phenomena exists, including God.

Yes of course, make a joke out of it and pretend you had anything worthwhile to say. If you can't follow along with something so simple where do we go from here? If science is limited in examining material phenomena then how could it answer questions regarding the existence of a spiritual God? perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you think this is possible.

Still, there are people around that will get hot-headed and insist that Elvis is alive and flipping burgers..., "I HAVE A CHEESEBURGER IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH, YOU IGNORAMUS"

So you think the concept of God is silly and a fairy tale, thanks for your atheistic opinion.

I'm not making a joke of it at all...the joke has already been made. There are literally people who believe in fairies. The Green Spaghetti Monster was started as an experiment on a website that went viral and before long there were people who were actually believing it...just on the basis that if everyone else does, and it says so here then it must be true.

By the way, science has no limitations whatsoever and it has been used to detect spiritual presence....the result....wait for it........nothing.

Source please.
http://gizmodo.com...

So you have no source or evidence that shows science disproves spirituality or have studied to detect it. Thanks for the laugh though, pretty funny. Read that definition above in my previous post.
tarantula
Posts: 858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:43:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM, Willows wrote:
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?

What has this to do with religion?
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:59:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
"So you have no source or evidence that shows science disproves spirituality or have studied to detect it. Thanks for the laugh though, pretty funny. Read that definition above in my previous post".

Exactly the point I and many others are trying to get home to you, even if it does take a bit of humour. How can any method (whether it be science or otherwise) detect or disprove something that doesn't exist?
Science has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no creator. As to there being anything spiritual existing is another question. There has been no evidence to confirm any spiritual presence except for anecdotal accounts which alone is not enough to qualify as proof.
I know there are no fairies dancing around in my front garden but I cannot prove that and nor should I have to.
So, let's make a clean slate on this one.

Statement: There is no such thing as God. (no proof required to prove nothing)

Affirmative Assertion: God exists. (evidence required to prove assertion)

If you cannot prove a positive assertion (something) then the neutral position (nothing) wins by default.
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 11:15:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 10:43:45 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 7/2/2016 1:46:11 PM, Willows wrote:
A couple of days ago a gas station attendant came running out to me in hysterics telling me to stop using my cell phone as it could cause the whole station to blow up.
I explained that it is a myth started by a rumour from an email posted from a Nokia office some years ago but has long been proven by scientific tests to be completely false.
"Nonsense, I don't believe you" was the attendant's reply. "I have heard it happening before and it is written in black and white in our company manual, also, see that sign over there? You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!"

As I departed I could see the attendant inside the shop, very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something.

Does this incident sound strikingly familiar to anyone?

What has this to do with religion?

Everything. Let's see if I can clarify for you and translate the analogy:
"hysterics".......religious belief
"myth started by rumour".......religious belief
"scientific tests".....commonsense firm evidence
"nonsense, I don't believe you".....religious belief
"company manual"........bible
"that sign over there".......whatever you want it to be but it means God exists.
"You are wrong and I am right, now do as I tell you!".....religious belief
"very irate and still carrying on as if possessed by something".....religious belief
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 1:49:01 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 10:27:02 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
And one last time, a definition for science and what it studies...

Science- knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world
systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.


Maybe someone should learn what physical, material and natural mean.

All you manage to accomplish every time you say that is to show you are either lying or hallucinating when you claim to have seen spirits or know the spirit realm exists. You are literally shooting yourself in the foot. Why can't you see that?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 1:59:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

There is still a massive amount of the universe that is unknown. Who knows, maybe he's out there hidding in the undiscovered relms of space.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 2:19:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Science is equipped to study anything that exists within the universe only--if God were to exist outside of the universe, he would be beyond physical laws and even logical constraint.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 2:40:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 2:19:05 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Science is equipped to study anything that exists within the universe only--if God were to exist outside of the universe, he would be beyond physical laws and even logical constraint.

Unfortunately, the concept of "outside of the universe" is meaningless, by definition. Of course, one can make up anything to justify their god's existence only to contradict their own claims of knowledge.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:21:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 2:40:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2016 2:19:05 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Science is equipped to study anything that exists within the universe only--if God were to exist outside of the universe, he would be beyond physical laws and even logical constraint.

Unfortunately, the concept of "outside of the universe" is meaningless, by definition. Of course, one can make up anything to justify their god's existence only to contradict their own claims of knowledge.

Merely because we can't ascribe meaning to something doesn't mean the concept is internally incoherent. It merely means it is beyond human conception.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:24:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 3:21:23 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/3/2016 2:40:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2016 2:19:05 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

Science is equipped to study anything that exists within the universe only--if God were to exist outside of the universe, he would be beyond physical laws and even logical constraint.

Unfortunately, the concept of "outside of the universe" is meaningless, by definition. Of course, one can make up anything to justify their god's existence only to contradict their own claims of knowledge.

Merely because we can't ascribe meaning to something doesn't mean the concept is internally incoherent. It merely means it is beyond human conception.

No, it isn't, the concept is perfectly understandable. Try thinking about it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:29:06 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

It's the pineal gland stupid. For two years I've been attempting to discuss the pineal gland with you, and each time you run silently away. So that says something. It says you know. It says you're a fraud. It says you're scum.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:45:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 3:29:06 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

It's the pineal gland stupid. For two years I've been attempting to discuss the pineal gland with you

Two years? Yet, you've only been here two months. What was your other userid? Did you get banned?

and each time you run silently away.

Or , most likely, walk away from incoherent nonsense, similar to what you've been posting thus far.

So that says something. It says you know. It says you're a fraud. It says you're scum.

If you say so.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:47:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 1:59:55 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 9:58:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/2/2016 8:19:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You need to get real willow, to get down to the nitty gritty, science isn't telling you anything about God, not because God doesn't exists but because science is not equipped.

Science is indeed equipped to study almost anything that exists. So, if your God actually exists, then science should be able to detect and measure your God.

There is still a massive amount of the universe that is unknown. Who knows, maybe he's out there hidding in the undiscovered relms of space.

Then, how can anyone know? How can anyone even opine the existence? Why is it that the mentally disordered seem to have detailed knowledge?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth