Faith In Stored Thoughts

Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:55:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Who are you ?

Mark, Stark, Rick, Dick or whatever . We generally introduce ourselves by our name, what we do and our (current) position of what matters to us, some say they are theists, a few define themselves as Homo sepiens. Your position of what matters to you greatly influences your thoughts and your perspective.

OK, we all know that. The point is - that's not what you are but who you are there's a subtle difference. With time our thoughts change, our profession may change, some people change their life partners . So there is almost nothing that sticks with us throughout our lives.

Some people believe if their 'consciousness is uploaded' to some sort of supercomputer - they may live after they are long gone (physically). Or should I say - they think their thoughts might be there long after they are gone.

But we are more than just our thoughts and experiences. Also, I've pointed out that our thoughts do change depending upon the environment, our own experiences and even small happenings in our lives may have a lasting impression.

lasting...

No body's gonna eat his lunch with a supercomputer and it is unlikely that someone will sex with our stored thoughts.

Long after a person is gone or has changed, your perception for him / her is the same, based on your real life.

Note here that if are immersed into remembering something, we can hardly experience something new, a change.

Somehow our dreams make us relive with our memories with totally unpredictable outcomes.

Our dreams remain with us after we wake up.

All this is not possible for a supercomputer. Changing thoughts based on previous experiences do not imply life.

Just because you are propping a dead body with your support and making it move does not make him alive.

Stored info is uploaded. We never store a living animal. Fruit is stored, tree is not stored. Life can't be stored either.

You are mere stimulating motion. Stimulation itself is lifeless. It can not give out life.

Consciousness is why we are living and it's more than just some numbers.

A newborn baby has no memories, no ego, no greed, no fear - he lacks the perspective to judge something and yet he is living. He experience things without making an opinion about them and yet he is living.

Hindus do not cremate a baby less than 27 months of age. We do not cremate sages either. Fire, the only thing that can't be polluted, is a purifier. If you are absolutely pure at heart - you don't need it to liberate the soul.

In Bharat, Science is known as 'Vigyan'. It's pure science - one that is observed by direct and unbiased experiences, there is no room for theories.

Hindus believe that universe was never created, but was manifested.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 8:25:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 4:55:43 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Who are you ?

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Sounds like you've had a long think about this, and you've come up with some interesting ideas.

Take a look at this animation:

https://d13yacurqjgara.cloudfront.net...

From when the bubble appears, to when it disappears, how many sheep do you count over the fence?

The obvious answer is 4. One sheep, Two sheep, Three sheep, four.

But, the animation is made up of hundreds of frames, and in each frame, the sheep is in a different position.

By the logic you have used, you suggest that it can only be four sheep, if the sheep on your screen have a soul which connects them. But your later points said that souls cannot be stored on a computer, so they must all be separate sheep.

Could the same logic not be applied to Humanity, by saying that we only believe that they are the same being, because they are close enough to the previous one that we have seen.

So, now on to newborn babies.

A newborn baby has no memories, no ego, no greed, no fear

That fact is a commonly thought one, but I wonder, where does it come from?

No-one can remember themselves as a baby, and so cannot say that they have no greed or fear. They also have no way of showing their greed or fear.

And cremating:

Hindus do not cremate a baby less than 27 months of age. We do not cremate sages either. Fire, the only thing that can't be polluted, is a purifier. If you are absolutely pure at heart - you don't need it to liberate the soul.

How can the physical liberate the soul then?

I really look forward to seeing your answers to these questions.
-VirBinarus
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11