Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why single out homosexuals?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 1:14:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

That must be who people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, etc. learned their skills, from Jehovah.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 1:22:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 1:14:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

That must be who people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, etc. learned their skills, from Jehovah.


Exactly.
The corollary of such rationale is that murder in itself is not wrong, but its ilicitude has to do with who practices it.

If Hitler murders 6 000 000 Jews, he's a raving mad mass murderer.
If Jehovah murders 3 500 000 000, God is love.

This is insanity.

This moral duplicity is what inspired Christopher Hitchens to say that religion makes otherwise decent people say and do indecent things. A shining example of that is what MCB drivels on about endlessly like a vending machine.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.

Members of a paedophile-harbouring cult such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, they're the ones who need help.
And it can't come soon enough.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 3,494
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 3:04:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.

It's not to easy to understand .
His not straight forward enough.
Like he will say , tho shall not commit, the 1st stone , because a stich in time , gathers no moss.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.

And yes, according to Romans 6:23, all sin is equal in the eyes of God. The price of all sin is death.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
bulproof
Posts: 30,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
desmac
Posts: 5,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 5:05:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

Gotta love that old testament, Slay the queers and the eaters of prawns, and the poor sods forced to work on Sabbath.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:03:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Very true, but that doesn't mean we should accept what they do.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:04:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

But all die because of the sin we have inherited, so all sin is equal in the end.
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:17:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 10:04:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

But all die because of the sin we have inherited, so all sin is equal in the end.

And that is one of the several reasons why Christianity is immoral. Because circa Armageddon, supposedly, an unrepentant thief of ripe apples will be destroyed, a murderer will be destroyed, a kind loving atheist who pays taxes and gives to charity will be destroyed, but, lo and behold, a serial paedophile who accepts Christ and repents on his death bed 2 seconds before he dies, then the he gets saved.

Some justice.
Proportionality is one of the key principles involved in justice, yet one that evidently the supposedly morally perfect Creator of the Universe can dispense with.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:28:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 10:03:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Very true, but that doesn't mean we should accept what they do.

But, you have to by law. So sorry. LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
AtheistBrony
Posts: 83
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:00:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why ask a question if you already know what the truth is?
They say they want to save people from hell, but I see them trying to save people with hell. They deny science when on a computer. They say the bible is metaphors for some parts and not others, and follow some parts and not others. They believe their culture more than their bible they supposedly follow, and will deny any contradictions of the bible. Then say we are the dishonest ones? Since we don't believe in a deity which is equally as convincing as any other then god made the devil knowingly?
desmac
Posts: 5,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:32:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 1:22:19 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/5/2016 1:14:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

That must be who people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, etc. learned their skills, from Jehovah.


Exactly.
The corollary of such rationale is that murder in itself is not wrong, but its ilicitude has to do with who practices it.

If Hitler murders 6 000 000 Jews, he's a raving mad mass murderer.
If Jehovah murders 3 500 000 000, God is love.

This is insanity.

This moral duplicity is what inspired Christopher Hitchens to say that religion makes otherwise decent people say and do indecent things. A shining example of that is what MCB drivels on about endlessly like a vending machine.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.

Members of a paedophile-harbouring cult such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, they're the ones who need help.
And it can't come soon enough.

You should include the paedophile-harbouring roman catholic cult in that call for help.
Willows
Posts: 6,544
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 8:48:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 7:32:51 AM, desmac wrote:
At 7/5/2016 1:22:19 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/5/2016 1:14:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

That must be who people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, etc. learned their skills, from Jehovah.


Exactly.
The corollary of such rationale is that murder in itself is not wrong, but its ilicitude has to do with who practices it.

If Hitler murders 6 000 000 Jews, he's a raving mad mass murderer.
If Jehovah murders 3 500 000 000, God is love.

This is insanity.

This moral duplicity is what inspired Christopher Hitchens to say that religion makes otherwise decent people say and do indecent things. A shining example of that is what MCB drivels on about endlessly like a vending machine.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.

Members of a paedophile-harbouring cult such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, they're the ones who need help.
And it can't come soon enough.

You should include the paedophile-harbouring roman catholic cult in that call for help.
Then again, why single out any church for that matter, they are all guilty in the eyes of common decency.
ViceRegent
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:36:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 10:04:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

But all die because of the sin we have inherited, so all sin is equal in the end.

You asked. We we teat sodomites diferrently than other types of sinners. I answered: God commands us to.
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:41:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 11:36:51 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 10:04:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

But all die because of the sin we have inherited, so all sin is equal in the end.

You asked. We we teat sodomites diferrently than other types of sinners. I answered: God commands us to.

Then you god is a murderous coward jackass. He even has others doing the dirty work for Him.
rnjs
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:45:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

We are all recipients of the death penalty.
desmac
Posts: 5,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:54:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 11:36:51 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 10:04:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

But all die because of the sin we have inherited, so all sin is equal in the end.

You asked. We we teat sodomites diferrently than other types of sinners. I answered: God commands us to.

How many sodomites have you executed, vicey?
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:34:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 10:03:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Very true, but that doesn't mean we should accept what they do.
Exactly. What homosexuals are doing with their life is wrong and against God's intentions for human beings. I was simply adding on to your original statement.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
ViceRegent
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:57:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Actually, no, Biblically speaking, our neighbor is our fellow covenant keeper (i.e., our fellow Christians), not sodomites. Lev 19:18.
ViceRegent
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:58:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 11:45:18 AM, rnjs wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

We are all recipients of the death penalty.

Actually, no, some of us are reborn, but no, God only commands man to execute certain criminals. Sodomites are part of that group, thieves are not.
bulproof
Posts: 30,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:44:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 10:58:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:45:18 AM, rnjs wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:02:41 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
All sin is not equal, which is why God commands man execute sodomites and not, say, thieves.

We are all recipients of the death penalty.

Actually, no, some of us are reborn, but no, God only commands man to execute certain criminals. Sodomites are part of that group, thieves are not.
They regurgitate dogma about homosexuality without knowing anything about homosexuality. Their pontificating is ignored by intelligent people.
Why do you conflate sodomites and homosexuals?
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:29:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 10:57:30 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Actually, no, Biblically speaking, our neighbor is our fellow covenant keeper (i.e., our fellow Christians), not sodomites. Lev 19:18.
Okay, perhaps you are right. But God does love everyone (as stated in John 3:16), thus we should love everyone, as well.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
ViceRegent
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:14:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2016 3:29:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/6/2016 10:57:30 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Actually, no, Biblically speaking, our neighbor is our fellow covenant keeper (i.e., our fellow Christians), not sodomites. Lev 19:18.
Okay, perhaps you are right. But God does love everyone (as stated in John 3:16), thus we should love everyone, as well.

John 3:16 DOES NOT say God loves everyone. To the contrary, God is clear that He hates Esau (Romans 9:13) and the workers of iniquity (Ps 5:5). In fact, God hate sodomites so much that He personally executed two whole cities of them and will burn them forever in Hell.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:33:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2016 4:14:55 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:29:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/6/2016 10:57:30 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Actually, no, Biblically speaking, our neighbor is our fellow covenant keeper (i.e., our fellow Christians), not sodomites. Lev 19:18.
Okay, perhaps you are right. But God does love everyone (as stated in John 3:16), thus we should love everyone, as well.

John 3:16 DOES NOT say God loves everyone. To the contrary, God is clear that He hates Esau (Romans 9:13) and the workers of iniquity (Ps 5:5). In fact, God hate sodomites so much that He personally executed two whole cities of them and will burn them forever in Hell.
Please read this article: http://www.gotquestions.org...

(You don't have to agree with most of what the ministry says, I don't agree with everyone they say either; however, their article on this subject is pretty good.)

Bottom line: God does love everyone, and His loves is clearly displayed in the Bible.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
ViceRegent
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 6:09:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2016 4:33:23 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/7/2016 4:14:55 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:29:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/6/2016 10:57:30 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Actually, no, Biblically speaking, our neighbor is our fellow covenant keeper (i.e., our fellow Christians), not sodomites. Lev 19:18.
Okay, perhaps you are right. But God does love everyone (as stated in John 3:16), thus we should love everyone, as well.

John 3:16 DOES NOT say God loves everyone. To the contrary, God is clear that He hates Esau (Romans 9:13) and the workers of iniquity (Ps 5:5). In fact, God hate sodomites so much that He personally executed two whole cities of them and will burn them forever in Hell.
Please read this article: http://www.gotquestions.org...

(You don't have to agree with most of what the ministry says, I don't agree with everyone they say either; however, their article on this subject is pretty good.)

Bottom line: God does love everyone, and His loves is clearly displayed in the Bible.

I give you Scripture where God Himself says He does not love everyone. You give me some article written by a group you say is fallible and you choose to reject the Word of God. On that note, I am done with this dude.
bulproof
Posts: 30,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 6:30:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2016 6:09:34 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/7/2016 4:33:23 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/7/2016 4:14:55 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:29:35 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/6/2016 10:57:30 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Actually, no, Biblically speaking, our neighbor is our fellow covenant keeper (i.e., our fellow Christians), not sodomites. Lev 19:18.
Okay, perhaps you are right. But God does love everyone (as stated in John 3:16), thus we should love everyone, as well.

John 3:16 DOES NOT say God loves everyone. To the contrary, God is clear that He hates Esau (Romans 9:13) and the workers of iniquity (Ps 5:5). In fact, God hate sodomites so much that He personally executed two whole cities of them and will burn them forever in Hell.
Please read this article: http://www.gotquestions.org...

(You don't have to agree with most of what the ministry says, I don't agree with everyone they say either; however, their article on this subject is pretty good.)

Bottom line: God does love everyone, and His loves is clearly displayed in the Bible.

I give you Scripture where God Himself says He does not love everyone. You give me some article written by a group you say is fallible and you choose to reject the Word of God. On that note, I am done with this dude.
Actually some bronze age goatshagger claims that god said that, so you are relying on the word of man.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:29:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2016 10:34:08 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 10:03:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:06:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 5:03:41 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/5/2016 4:33:16 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 7/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
When in reality all sin is equally disobedience to jehovah and his son?

Therefore all who commit any sin, no matter how tiny it may seem to them, are equally guilty in the eyes of God and Christ, and equally in need of repentance and forgiveness.

Do we tend to single out one group to take attention away from our own sins and weaknesses?

I can think of no other reason.

Are all sins equal in Jehovah's eyes?

Well the price for sin, all sin is the same, death, so yes.

Howver help is at hand for those who recognise their need for it.
Nobody is singling out homosexuals. Nobody is saying their sin is greater than any other sin. This (homosexuality) is an issue that has been refueled by recent events in society, this is why it is being discussed so often.
Those events would involve truth, decency and love, concepts little understood by some theists.
Christians show love and compassion to homosexuals. The Bible teaches us to "love thy neighbor." (This includes homosexuals.) No true Christian will not show love toward sinners, after all, we are sinners too.

Very true, but that doesn't mean we should accept what they do.
Exactly. What homosexuals are doing with their life is wrong and against God's intentions for human beings. I was simply adding on to your original statement.

OK, sorry if misunderstood.