Jump to topic:

No matter what you believe...

LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 7:19:53 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
This is pretty clever. Read it from top to bottom, it says one thing. Read it from bottom to top, and it says something completely different.

I will live my life according to these beliefs

God does not exist

It is foolish to think

that there is a God with a cosmic plan

That an all-powerful God brings redemption and healing to the pain and suffering in the world

is a comfortable thought, however

it

is only wishful thinking

People can do what they wish without eternal consequences

the idea that

I am deserving of hell

because of sin

is a lie meant to make me a slave to those in power

"The more you have, the happier you will be"

Our existence has no grand meaning or purpose

In a world with no God

there is freedom to be who I want to be

but with God

everything is fine

It is ridiculous to think

I am lost and in need of saving
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 7:50:46 PM
At 7/5/2016 7:19:53 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
This is pretty clever. Read it from top to bottom, it says one thing. Read it from bottom to top, and it says something completely different.

God does not exist

It is foolish to think

That an all-powerful God brings redemption and healing to the pain and suffering in the world

it

is only wishful thinking

the idea that

I am deserving of hell

because of sin

In a world with no God

but with God

everything is fine

This would explain why scripture is so confusing............................
LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 9:18:27 PM
At 7/5/2016 7:50:46 PM, missmedic wrote:

God does not exist

It is foolish to think

it

is only wishful thinking

the idea that

I am deserving of hell

because of sin

In a world with no God

but with God

everything is fine

Scripture is not confusing.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:05:50 AM
At 7/5/2016 9:18:27 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:

So why then are there over 50 different version of the bible in English alone, if scripture is not confusing?
Why are there more then forty thousands different denominations of Christianity if scripture is not confusing? No matter if you're Catholic, or Baptist, or Mormon, or Anglican, or whatever... there are a whole bunch of other Christians out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten Christianity totally wrong, and that you're just pissing God off more and more every day.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:55:27 AM
At 7/7/2016 3:05:50 AM, missmedic wrote:

So why then are there over 50 different version of the bible in English alone, if scripture is not confusing?

Why are there more then forty thousands different denominations of Christianity if scripture is not confusing? No matter if you're Catholic, or Baptist, or Mormon, or Anglican, or whatever... there are a whole bunch of other Christians out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten Christianity totally wrong, and that you're just pissing God off more and more every day.

This would explain why money is so confusing............................

Money is not confusing.

So why then are there over 20 different version of money in the Americas alone, if money is not confusing?
Why are there more then forty thousands different counterfeits if money is not confusing? ...there are a whole bunch of other capitalists out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten money totally wrong, and that you're just pissing the government off more and more every day.

This would explain why medicine is so confusing............................

Medicine is not confusing.

So why then are there over 50 different arrests of fake doctors each year, if medicine is not confusing?

This would explain why the constitution is so confusing............................

The constitution is not confusing.

So why then are there over 5020 different interpretations of the constitution in the US alone, if he constitution is not confusing?
Why are there more then forty thousands different legal judgements if the constitution is not confusing? ...there are a whole bunch of other lawyers out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten the law totally wrong, and that you're just pissing the population off more and more every day.

Critical thinking, critical thinking, wherefore art thou?
LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:53:19 PM
At 7/7/2016 9:55:27 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:05:50 AM, missmedic wrote:

This would explain why money is so confusing............................

Money is not confusing.

So why then are there over 20 different version of money in the Americas alone, if money is not confusing?
Why are there more then forty thousands different counterfeits if money is not confusing? ...there are a whole bunch of other capitalists out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten money totally wrong, and that you're just pissing the government off more and more every day.

This would explain why medicine is so confusing............................

Medicine is not confusing.

So why then are there over 50 different arrests of fake doctors each year, if medicine is not confusing?

This would explain why the constitution is so confusing............................

The constitution is not confusing.

So why then are there over 5020 different interpretations of the constitution in the US alone, if he constitution is not confusing?
Why are there more then forty thousands different legal judgements if the constitution is not confusing? ...there are a whole bunch of other lawyers out there who are absolutely convinced that you've gotten the law totally wrong, and that you're just pissing the population off more and more every day.

Critical thinking, critical thinking, wherefore art thou?

That's easy. The Bible says what it says. It is a simple fact that human nature gets in the way. It is not a matter of misinterpretation. It is a matter of the human heart. There are those who simply reject Gods truth. Now, about those thousands of denominations. Just about all of them agree on 99 percent of Scripture. The disagreements are about the little things. There are very few denominations that disagree about the nature of God, or about the concepts of Grace and redemption.