Total Posts:175|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christian list of things to do.

Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:22:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

How about the other 603 commandments?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 8:33:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.
Does that include gays?

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:09:05 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

I hold Christian men to the standard of Mark 16:18, and Christian women to the standard of Ezekiel 23:20.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 8:36:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 8:33:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:57:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 8:36:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:33:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

"Gays" aren't hiding behind anything, they're just tired of the same ignorant, faith based hatred of their deeds and non-normal behavior from delusional homophobics.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:03:33 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

I see. So when you say "love," what you mean is discriminate against, treat as a second class citizen, look down on, and generally treat badly?

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

I'm going to guess that you don't actually realize how hateful this statement is?

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

Why are you so arrogant that you think you should get to decide what other people should be called? I'm guessing you prefer "Christian" to "bigot," but that's what you are.
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:06:01 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.

Commenting on the top portion of your comment.....False...According to Judaism the Jews have to uphold the 603 laws....The 10 commandments are considered Noahide Laws that anyone non-Jewish can follow...
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 10:26:34 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 8:36:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:33:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

We can all play the semantics game to guild the lily in order to hide our real intentions.
A homosexual is a person who practices homosexuality, JWs practice hatred towards homosexuals.
"Helping recovering homosexuals" can be better described as brainwashing vulnerable, young people by shoving extreme ideals of guilt down their throats. This practice is nowadays called abuse and JWs have a history of dishing it out by the truckload.
Gay is still a pleasant word and gays are as pleasant as anyone else except in the eyes of some extreme elitist religious sects.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 8:58:56 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 10:26:34 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:36:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:33:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

We can all play the semantics game to guild the lily in order to hide our real intentions.
A homosexual is a person who practices homosexuality, JWs practice hatred towards homosexuals.

No they do not, they practice hatred towards the acts homosexuals perform, there are many ex-homosexuals amongst their numbers.

That is because they wish t save the eternal lives of those ones by helping them to arvoid practices that Jehovah hates.

"Helping recovering homosexuals" can be better described as brainwashing vulnerable, young people by shoving extreme ideals of guilt down their throats. This practice is nowadays called abuse and JWs have a history of dishing it out by the truckload.

How can it be abuse when it protects them from God's anger? They teach what our creator teaches, that cannot ever be wrong.

Another word for brainwashing is education, is education an abuse? I am sure you have had one.

If people who practice homosexuality want to please God then they have to stop such unauthorised and unapproved practices, simple as.

If they would rather be gay for what little time we have in this life than live for eternity then that is fine, but they can't do both, and it will be no good complaining when they lose out.

Those is the choices, there is no other.

Gay is still a pleasant word and gays are as pleasant as anyone else except in the eyes of some extreme elitist religious sects.

Some gays are, some aren't, that is no different to any other group.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:03:50 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 1:06:01 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.

Commenting on the top portion of your comment.....False...According to Judaism the Jews have to uphold the 603 laws....The 10 commandments are considered Noahide Laws that anyone non-Jewish can follow...

That is Jews, yes, but they are wasting their time because the Mosaic Law is "old hat" in Jehovah's eyes.

But then the Jews always prefered doing things their way than God's.

It was the same as Israel that is why Israel as abandoned.

The Jews have never been God's people, they just want to think they are.

Israel were only God's people whilst they stayed faithful, which was never for long.

Jehovah gave them numerous chances to listen, the last was when he sent his only begotten son to earth as the Messiah. They refused to take them.

They made their bed, and if they do not come into Jehovah's organisation they will die in it.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:10:12 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 1:03:33 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

I see. So when you say "love," what you mean is discriminate against, treat as a second class citizen, look down on, and generally treat badly?

No it means appeal to their consciences and get them to live the creator's way.

What greater gift of love can any one than the eternal life Jehovah offers to those who obey him.

It means persuade them off the road to destruction onto the road of life.

If you warn someone their house is on fire so they can get out, are you not showing them love?

According to what you say we should ignore it and leave them to get out if they want to or ignore it and burn if they don't

The JWs help homosexuals out of the fire.


It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

I'm going to guess that you don't actually realize how hateful this statement is?

That could be because it is not hateful in the least, it is helpful to those who chose to listen.


"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

Why are you so arrogant that you think you should get to decide what other people should be called? I'm guessing you prefer "Christian" to "bigot," but that's what you are.

I don't care what you call me, I preach God's word under any name. That is all that matters.

I am not arrogant, I simply hate misuse of language. People should call themselves what they are.

As for being a bigot, if preaching God's word and trying to get people to see things his way is bigotry then so be it, I shall be a bigot and proud of it.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:11:39 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:57:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:36:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:33:44 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.
Does that include gays?

Of course it does.

However it does not mean accepting what they do.

It's a case of "love the man hate the deed".

In fact there is no such thing in the eyes of Jehovah and Christ as a homosexual. There is however a person who practices the sin of homosesuality.

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

"Gays" aren't hiding behind anything, they're just tired of the same ignorant, faith based hatred of their deeds and non-normal behavior from delusional homophobics.

It is not ignorant nor is it delusional. The knowledge of God is the greatest and most beneficial knowledge there is.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:16:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:03:50 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/7/2016 1:06:01 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.

Commenting on the top portion of your comment.....False...According to Judaism the Jews have to uphold the 603 laws....The 10 commandments are considered Noahide Laws that anyone non-Jewish can follow...

That is Jews, yes, but they are wasting their time because the Mosaic Law is "old hat" in Jehovah's eyes.

ow so close...

There's three kinds of laws in the Old testament:

- Civil, for dealing with disputes in Israel
- Ceremonial, to help people understand what is going to happen, when Jesus isn't around yet
- Moral, which always will be applied.

The only problem is:
It's impossible to follow the moral ones. That's why we needed rescuing from Jesus. So if we trust in Jesus, Jesus will take the punishment for those sins. So effectively, yes God is in a way turning a blind eye, but they're still being punished for.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:19:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

Kinda the wrong question. Christian do good things because they know they have been given access to heaven. Not in order to get to heaven. There is literally nothing we can do ourselves to get to heaven, except trust Jesus.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:11:49 AM
Posted: 4 months ago

No it means appeal to their consciences and get them to live the creator's way.

Your assumption that (1) you know better than other people how they should live (2) you know better than them what the creator wants is arrogant in the extreme.

What greater gift of love can any one than the eternal life Jehovah offers to those who obey him.

Respecting their right to live their life as they think best. You know, the same "gift" you expect them to give you.

It means persuade them off the road to destruction onto the road of life.

Because you know better than them what that is for them. Please provide some evidence that my way of life is a road to destruction, and that you are justified in imposing your bizarre religious mythology on me.

If you warn someone their house is on fire so they can get out, are you not showing them love?

And if they assure you that they are fine, nice and cool, do you have the right to insist that no, really, although their house may appear comfortable, they really do need to give it up because you know it's "really" on fire?

According to what you say we should ignore it and leave them to get out if they want to or ignore it and burn if they don't

You should respect their own perception of what works for them. You know, as you expect them to do for you? Because I assure as far as I'm concerned your house is burning to the ground, but I'm too respectful to impose my views on you.

The JWs help homosexuals out of the fire.

Please stop.

It is precisely the same for those of us who follow Christ, we see and love the person whilst hating the things they do.

That is why JWs will go to such great lengths to help what can best be described as recovering homosexuals, those who wish to return to normal behaviours.

I'm going to guess that you don't actually realize how hateful this statement is?

That could be because it is not hateful in the least, it is helpful to those who chose to listen.

I listened. It's hateful in the extreme. Please stop. Would you like me to knock on your door and tell you wrong you are? That would be rude, wouldn't it?

"Gay" is a cruel use of a very inappropriate word to describe hmosexuals, why are they so scared of being called what they are that they have to hide behind what was a very pleasant word?

Why are you so arrogant that you think you should get to decide what other people should be called? I'm guessing you prefer "Christian" to "bigot," but that's what you are.

I don't care what you call me, I preach God's word under any name. That is all that matters.

But for some reason you care what gay people call themselves? How odd...and arrogant.

I am not arrogant, I simply hate misuse of language. People should call themselves what they are.

Yes. You should call yourself the bigot you are. I am a lesbian, and I would appreciate it if you would use that term when referring to me.

As for being a bigot, if preaching God's word and trying to get people to see things his way is bigotry then so be it, I shall be a bigot and proud of it.

Thank you. I will just leave that sentence there to drive more people away from Christianity.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:14:17 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith"
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 3:55:40 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:03:50 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/7/2016 1:06:01 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.

Commenting on the top portion of your comment.....False...According to Judaism the Jews have to uphold the 603 laws....The 10 commandments are considered Noahide Laws that anyone non-Jewish can follow...

That is Jews, yes, but they are wasting their time because the Mosaic Law is "old hat" in Jehovah's eyes.

But then the Jews always prefered doing things their way than God's.

It was the same as Israel that is why Israel as abandoned.

The Jews have never been God's people, they just want to think they are.

Israel were only God's people whilst they stayed faithful, which was never for long.

Jehovah gave them numerous chances to listen, the last was when he sent his only begotten son to earth as the Messiah. They refused to take them.

They made their bed, and if they do not come into Jehovah's organisation they will die in it.

Ok...
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 9:29:42 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/8/2016 3:14:17 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith"
,
For once I thought you were making an intelligently mature, meaningful, profound statement. Until I got to the last four words.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 2:13:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 9:29:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/8/2016 3:14:17 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith"
,
For once I thought you were making an intelligently mature, meaningful, profound statement. Until I got to the last four words.

Love from a pure heart and from good conscience without sincere faith is meaningless. Surely if your heart is pure and you have a good conscience earnest conviction and real belief comes naturally.

Godliness with contentment is great gain. Those without faith are double minded in all their ways. They build a castle on sand rather than The Rock. The Rock is God, who is The Ultimate Reality. If your faith is truly in The Ultimate Reality rather than creation, purity of heart and good conscience will develop with experience.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 8:11:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 8:58:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
However it does not mean accepting what they do.
So you don't accept that they love.
You are lower than a snakes guts.
You see how you hypocrites blither about love and have as much of it as your god demonstrates in the great book of fables ie NONE.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 9:26:28 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 2:13:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 9:29:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/8/2016 3:14:17 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith"
,
For once I thought you were making an intelligently mature, meaningful, profound statement. Until I got to the last four words.

Love from a pure heart and from good conscience without sincere faith is meaningless. Surely if your heart is pure and you have a good conscience earnest conviction and real belief comes naturally.

Godliness with contentment is great gain. Those without faith are double minded in all their ways. They build a castle on sand rather than The Rock. The Rock is God, who is The Ultimate Reality. If your faith is truly in The Ultimate Reality rather than creation, purity of heart and good conscience will develop with experience.

It is a ludicrous and arrogant to suggest that love without faith is meaningless. Perhaps It may be more true to say that those with faith will feel their love is meaningless if not for their faith.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 7:18:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 8:11:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/7/2016 8:58:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
However it does not mean accepting what they do.
So you don't accept that they love.
You are lower than a snakes guts.
You see how you hypocrites blither about love and have as much of it as your god demonstrates in the great book of fables ie NONE.

I do not doubt that they love, but there is no connection between love and sex except in the minds of such as you.

Homosexuality is about just that, sexuality, nothing to do with love or not.

We are all commanded to love our fellow man however that doesn't mean we have to, or even should, have sex with them.

Until you can separate love and sex in your mind you will never understand.

I may well be " lower than a snakes guts" but at least I am so far above you that it is almost impossible to see you unless I try really hard.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 7:20:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:16:24 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:03:50 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/7/2016 1:06:01 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 7/6/2016 8:28:26 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/6/2016 7:05:34 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What are the "rules" of being a Christian as explained in the Bible, and how many ticks do you get?

Apart from the 10 + 1 Commandments?

The 10 commandments, being part of the Mosaic LAw, are not rules for Christians.

However as with the rest of the law, the principles behind them very much are.

Hence "must not kill" becomes "must do good to all". And so on.

That is why Jesus said that the whole of the law and prophets are ted up in just two commands:

You must love Jehovah with all your heart soul and being.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

If you do the first the second will naturally follow on because you will love what Jehovah loves.

If you are not doing the second then you obviously aren't doing the first fully.

That makes them completely inseparable.

Commenting on the top portion of your comment.....False...According to Judaism the Jews have to uphold the 603 laws....The 10 commandments are considered Noahide Laws that anyone non-Jewish can follow...

That is Jews, yes, but they are wasting their time because the Mosaic Law is "old hat" in Jehovah's eyes.

ow so close...

There's three kinds of laws in the Old testament:

- Civil, for dealing with disputes in Israel
- Ceremonial, to help people understand what is going to happen, when Jesus isn't around yet
- Moral, which always will be applied.

The only problem is:
It's impossible to follow the moral ones. That's why we needed rescuing from Jesus. So if we trust in Jesus, Jesus will take the punishment for those sins. So effectively, yes God is in a way turning a blind eye, but they're still being punished for.

It is, however, not impossible to follow the principles behind them, which is all those who follow Christ and accept the merit of is sacrifice are required to do.

Whilst what you say is correct as far as it goes you are ignoring the fact that, as Paul said, it as a tutor leading to the Christ, teaching us how much we need him.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 7:57:36 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 7:18:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/13/2016 8:11:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/7/2016 8:58:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
However it does not mean accepting what they do.
So you don't accept that they love.
You are lower than a snakes guts.
You see how you hypocrites blither about love and have as much of it as your god demonstrates in the great book of fables ie NONE.

I do not doubt that they love, but there is no connection between love and sex except in the minds of such as you.

Homosexuality is about just that, sexuality, nothing to do with love or not.

LMAO! That's not what the word means. By your analysis, with normal people it would also be "just about that, sexuality".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:36:39 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 9:26:28 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/13/2016 2:13:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 9:29:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/8/2016 3:14:17 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith"
,
For once I thought you were making an intelligently mature, meaningful, profound statement. Until I got to the last four words.

Love from a pure heart and from good conscience without sincere faith is meaningless. Surely if your heart is pure and you have a good conscience earnest conviction and real belief comes naturally.

Godliness with contentment is great gain. Those without faith are double minded in all their ways. They build a castle on sand rather than The Rock. The Rock is God, who is The Ultimate Reality. If your faith is truly in The Ultimate Reality rather than creation, purity of heart and good conscience will develop with experience.

It is a ludicrous and arrogant to suggest that love without faith is meaningless. Perhaps It may be more true to say that those with faith will feel their love is meaningless if not for their faith.

No, it isn't at all. If you don't believe in love, your love isn't genuine. What do you think love is? Love requires faith, it's absolutely necessary. Look at all the marriages that end in divorce. Oh, I'm sure these people all claimed to love each other when they got married. They obviously aren't practicing the discipline, because if they did, they wouldn't be so fleshly minded.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:15:04 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 7:18:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/13/2016 8:11:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/7/2016 8:58:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
However it does not mean accepting what they do.
So you don't accept that they love.
You are lower than a snakes guts.
You see how you hypocrites blither about love and have as much of it as your god demonstrates in the great book of fables ie NONE.

I do not doubt that they love, but there is no connection between love and sex except in the minds of such as you.
It's you who has injected sex into the conversation I started about LOVE. Get your mind out of the gutter.
Homosexuality is about just that, sexuality, nothing to do with love or not.
This is the reason people as pig ignorant as you have no place in a discussion regarding homosexuality, you have no knowledge of homosexuality and no opinion other that that expressed by equally pig ignorant bronze age barbarians. Stick to playing with your toy gods.
We are all commanded to love our fellow man however that doesn't mean we have to, or even should, have sex with them.
Considering your record on that score you aren't qualified to comment on that either.
Until you can separate love and sex in your mind you will never understand.
Once again for the dimwitted, it's you who continually refers back to sex acts. Pervert.
I may well be " lower than a snakes guts" but at least I am so far above you that it is almost impossible to see you unless I try really hard.
And the whole playground lets out a universal groan of derision. Run off and play with your toy gods.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 6:55:17 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:36:39 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/13/2016 9:26:28 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/13/2016 2:13:15 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 9:29:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/8/2016 3:14:17 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith"
,
For once I thought you were making an intelligently mature, meaningful, profound statement. Until I got to the last four words.

Love from a pure heart and from good conscience without sincere faith is meaningless. Surely if your heart is pure and you have a good conscience earnest conviction and real belief comes naturally.

Godliness with contentment is great gain. Those without faith are double minded in all their ways. They build a castle on sand rather than The Rock. The Rock is God, who is The Ultimate Reality. If your faith is truly in The Ultimate Reality rather than creation, purity of heart and good conscience will develop with experience.

It is a ludicrous and arrogant to suggest that love without faith is meaningless. Perhaps It may be more true to say that those with faith will feel their love is meaningless if not for their faith.

No, it isn't at all. If you don't believe in love, your love isn't genuine. What do you think love is? Love requires faith, it's absolutely necessary. Look at all the marriages that end in divorce. Oh, I'm sure these people all claimed to love each other when they got married. They obviously aren't practicing the discipline, because if they did, they wouldn't be so fleshly minded.

I took it to mean "religious" faith" I get your point now and agree.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:46:05 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:15:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/13/2016 7:18:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/13/2016 8:11:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/7/2016 8:58:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
However it does not mean accepting what they do.
So you don't accept that they love.
You are lower than a snakes guts.
You see how you hypocrites blither about love and have as much of it as your god demonstrates in the great book of fables ie NONE.

I do not doubt that they love, but there is no connection between love and sex except in the minds of such as you.
It's you who has injected sex into the conversation I started about LOVE. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Not true, when you mention homosexuality, as the term states you are discussing sex not love.

But of course you don't know the difference.

Don't drag love into the gutter it is much higher than that.

Homosexuality is about just that, sexuality, nothing to do with love or not.
This is the reason people as pig ignorant as you have no place in a discussion regarding homosexuality, you have no knowledge of homosexuality and no opinion other that that expressed by equally pig ignorant bronze age barbarians. Stick to playing with your toy gods.

No, it is you who is pig ignorant since you obviously do not know what love is, and ie so many confuse it with lust.

Try reading 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

That is what love is, and love does not lead to illicit sex of any sort.

We are all commanded to love our fellow man however that doesn't mean we have to, or even should, have sex with them.
Considering your record on that score you aren't qualified to comment on that either.

Actually, since I have learned from the mistakes you still make that qualifies me very well.

You are still making many of teh same mistakes, as your post here makes very plain.

Until you can separate love and sex in your mind you will never understand.
Once again for the dimwitted, it's you who continually refers back to sex acts. Pervert.

Actually it is not, it is you who frequently drags discussions down to the level of sex.

I may well be " lower than a snakes guts" but at least I am so far above you that it is almost impossible to see you unless I try really hard.
And the whole playground lets out a universal groan of derision. Run off and play with your toy gods.

I only have one God, and as the creator of everything he is no toy. As you will find out one day, one way or the other.