Total Posts:71|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Looking, Looking

Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:15:24 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Whilst I am all in favour of some good old internecine christian slanging matches (my jesus is better than your jesus stuff), I think one of the best reasons for singling out the laughable jw cult for ridicule is their breathtakingly abysmal record of predicting the end of the world.
Another good reason is the pathos of their subsequent excuses for it not happening.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 9:38:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

There the lesser of a religion , I feels like they are a splinter group.
But not everyone thinks this.
For some reason I like THE JW crew. They are like my second favorite religious gang.
I got the Jews at #1 this month.
With religious groups it's, 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
I mean, with their funny stories and the good old special 3 , God , bible , church.
But you JW are alright in my books.

I'd buy a watchtower from you . Every now and again
I might even give it a flick thru.
#2 the JW crew.
Willows
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:14:42 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.
Scriptural evidence to back up their faith eh?
Herod was having a birthday party and at the request of his daughter had John the baptist executed; his head presented on a plate. This is evidence enough for JWs not to celebrate birthdays or any other religious holiday. And enough reason for their children to be ridiculed and ostracised by their fellow students all through their schooling.

How about the passage in Genesis where God advises not to eat meat that is not drained of blood and the bizarre interpretation of JW's that they will refuse life-saving blood transfusions, not only for themselves but their own children as well.

How many innocent children of these self-centred, elitist morons have been made wards of the state because of their distorted beliefs and how many more will it take for this disgusting cult is finally outlawed once and for all?
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:42:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith,

In that regard, they are no different than most Christian denominations, each and everyone claiming to have scriptural backup.

but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Tell me, do you have personal experience with the JWs?

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience.

Some do. Emphasis on some.

They condone Homosexuality,

The Westboro Baptists Church does not, for example.

[the]Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".


The 7th day Adventists do not, for example.

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?


Because they hide and lie continuously about their past.
Because they have been saying the End is imminent for more than 100 years.
Because they have forwarded many specific dates about when such End would come and failed spectacularly each and every time.
Because they have encouraged people not to go to college, not to have children, not to marry, to sell their homes in order to devote their entire lives to spreading the lunacy of their theology.
Because many have died and will continue to die over their criminal blood policy.
Because they forbid members from reading or watching any sort of contrarian material, so deep is their dread, the panic they hold of people ever finding out about their deeply shameful past and present.
Because they tear families apart with their unbiblical shunning policy.
Because they've stated in a court of law that they have a list with names of paedophiles and yet they have not handed them in, nor have they shared the list with the police.
Because they claim to the God's mouth piece, God's organization, God's sole channel on Earth.

Would you like me to carry on?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

There is evidence for every single claim made here. It appears it is you who opted out of a real investigation.

Not surprised.
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:29:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

JW seems for me to be those who interpret the Bible in the most correct way. They have understood that Christmas isn't mentioned to celebrate in the Bible at all, but most important of all, they seem to have understood that there is actually a verse in the Bible telling women not to wear braids, gold or pearls (1 Timothy 2:9), whereas most mainstream Christians I show this verse to have been like "What? Is that even in the Bible? I did not know that!", or also come up with some phony excuse about how that was "only applicable for the time it was written in" just because they feel guilty over how they once bought a $0,99 pearl armlet to their daughter on the local farmer's market.
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:41:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Because they are a very nasty cult indeed. They have been responsible for the deaths of so many people because they don't permit blood transfusions for no good reason at all!
Willows
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:41:16 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:29:43 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

JW seems for me to be those who interpret the Bible in the most correct way. They have understood that Christmas isn't mentioned to celebrate in the Bible at all, but most important of all, they seem to have understood that there is actually a verse in the Bible telling women not to wear braids, gold or pearls (1 Timothy 2:9), whereas most mainstream Christians I show this verse to have been like "What? Is that even in the Bible? I did not know that!", or also come up with some phony excuse about how that was "only applicable for the time it was written in" just because they feel guilty over how they once bought a $0,99 pearl armlet to their daughter on the local farmer's market.

You have got to be joking. Who the hell cares if these demented excuses for human beings understand a verse about wearing jewellery. Its their sickening, twisted heavy-handed interpretations that make them abuse their own children that we should be concerned about. They interpret what they want to mean for their own selfish ends.
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:48:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 1:41:16 PM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:29:43 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

JW seems for me to be those who interpret the Bible in the most correct way. They have understood that Christmas isn't mentioned to celebrate in the Bible at all, but most important of all, they seem to have understood that there is actually a verse in the Bible telling women not to wear braids, gold or pearls (1 Timothy 2:9), whereas most mainstream Christians I show this verse to have been like "What? Is that even in the Bible? I did not know that!", or also come up with some phony excuse about how that was "only applicable for the time it was written in" just because they feel guilty over how they once bought a $0,99 pearl armlet to their daughter on the local farmer's market.

You have got to be joking. Who the hell cares if these demented excuses for human beings understand a verse about wearing jewellery. Its their sickening, twisted heavy-handed interpretations that make them abuse their own children that we should be concerned about. They interpret what they want to mean for their own selfish ends.

Never said I liked them generally. I don't know anything about their treatment of their children. Most JWs I've heard of in my country have been tolerant about JW children choosing to not continue in JW. That's maybe not internationally practiced among them though.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:57:35 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

The JW are concealing and protecting their perverted and depraved members from the public.

Child sexual abuse covered up by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

" Watchtower Plentiful television reports worldwide state pedophilia amongst the Jehovah"s Witnesses. The organization deliberately hides cases of sexual abuse towards children in the goal to protect their public image. It doesn't report pedophilia cases to the police and pedophiles are not punished internally because of the "two witness" rule. If there is only the child victim testifying against the accused, it is not enough. The accused will be acquitted. According to William "Bill" H. Bowen from http://www.silentlambs.org..., in 2002 the Watchtower had a database listing 23,720 pedophiles. Today it could go up to 40, 000."
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:56:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Personally, I feel empathy for the poor saps that get sucked into groups where they feel compelled to do what equates to going door to door trying to sell bags of cow dung. I believe its an unfortunate and unnecessary waste of life.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:15:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Liberals condemn the rest of Christianity. ISIS and Sharia controlled governments behead the rest of Christianity in the Middle East and burn their churches down. Islam is condemned by Conservatives and some liberals like a mantra. Jehovahs Witnesses are less attacked than almost anyone.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:23:48 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:15:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Liberals condemn the rest of Christianity. ISIS and Sharia controlled governments behead the rest of Christianity in the Middle East and burn their churches down. Islam is condemned by Conservatives and some liberals like a mantra. Jehovahs Witnesses are less attacked than almost anyone.
Umm what?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:41:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:23:48 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:15:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Liberals condemn the rest of Christianity. ISIS and Sharia controlled governments behead the rest of Christianity in the Middle East and burn their churches down. Islam is condemned by Conservatives and some liberals like a mantra. Jehovahs Witnesses are less attacked than almost anyone.
Umm what?

Nobody is beheading JW's or burning their churches down. It happens to other "Christian sects" all the time.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:44:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:15:24 AM, desmac wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Whilst I am all in favour of some good old internecine christian slanging matches (my jesus is better than your jesus stuff), I think one of the best reasons for singling out the laughable jw cult for ridicule is their breathtakingly abysmal record of predicting the end of the world.
Another good reason is the pathos of their subsequent excuses for it not happening.

ME: Do you condemn all religions that get it wrong? or, Are you saying that all other religions are true blue in their messages...I mean, you would just love the 'fact' that Mary is in heaven in human form, hey?
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:50:44 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 11:14:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.
Scriptural evidence to back up their faith eh?
Herod was having a birthday party and at the request of his daughter had John the baptist executed; his head presented on a plate. This is evidence enough for JWs not to celebrate birthdays or any other religious holiday. And enough reason for their children to be ridiculed and ostracised by their fellow students all through their schooling.

ME: Is that the reason they do not do pagan rituals...I must go to a different congregation, as they have a far greater reason that you presume. Why not check the facts instead of having a few little lies to spread around.

How about the passage in Genesis where God advises not to eat meat that is not drained of blood and the bizarre interpretation of JW's that they will refuse life-saving blood transfusions, not only for themselves but their own children as well.

ME: Well, how about that!!!!

How many innocent children of these self-centred, elitist morons have been made wards of the state because of their distorted beliefs and how many more will it take for this disgusting cult is finally outlawed once and for all?

ME: I do not know the number, but it wouldn't amount to that of the molested Catholic kids.

So, your hate is based on lies, and lack of knowledge. Are you proud that you can hate without reason?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:11:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

The problem with JW members is they don't hang around for long. They are either senior citizens by the time you meet one you like or they are part of some alarming statistics.

The JW have the highest rates of suicides, 5-10 times higher than other groups.
http://www.culthelp.info...

They also have the highest levels of mental illness.
http://www.equip.org...
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:26:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 11:42:50 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith,

In that regard, they are no different than most Christian denominations, each and everyone claiming to have scriptural backup.

The Catholic Papacy, and now some of the other religions, state that when it come to scripture and tradition they will accept tradition over the other.

but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Tell me, do you have personal experience with the JWs?

ME: What is your reason for this question?


Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience.

Some do. Emphasis on some.

They condone Homosexuality,

The Westboro Baptists Church does not, for example.

[the]Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".


The 7th day Adventists do not, for example.

ME: The Adventists were a break away from the early JW organization but the Adventists do abide by the easter and Xmas pagan rituals of the other churches.

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

Because they hide and lie continuously about their past. NOT
Because they have been saying the End is imminent for more than 100 years. The Bible has predicted the end times as starting in or around 1914.
Because they have forwarded many specific dates about when such End would come and failed spectacularly each and every time. They have admitted that they were over enthusiastic at times, and apologized and recovered their composure with further explanations...This is learning...The other Churches of today set down their dogma over 1500 yeas ago, and have not revised anything since.

Other religions have many errors and un-scriptual beliefs, do you condemn them as well for not revising the errors.

Because they have encouraged people not to go to college, not to have children, not to marry, to sell their homes in order to devote their entire lives to spreading the lunacy of their theology. NOT

Because many have died and will continue to die over their criminal blood policy. This sure shows that they have a strong faith, but again the blood issue is a matter of choice for the Witnesses.

Why Don"t Jehovah"s Witnesses Accept Blood Transfusions?
Common misconceptions

Myth: Jehovah"s Witnesses don"t believe in medicine or medical treatment.

Fact: We seek the best possible medical care for ourselves and our families. When we have health problems, we go to doctors who have skill in providing medical and surgical care without blood. We appreciate advancements that have been made in the medical field. In fact, bloodless treatments developed to help Witness patients are now being used to benefit all in the community. In many countries, any patient can now choose to avoid blood-transfusion risks, such as blood-borne diseases, immune-system reactions, and human errors.

Myth: Jehovah"s Witnesses believe that faith will heal a person"s ailments.

Fact: We do not practice faith healing.

Myth: Avoiding blood transfusions is very costly.

Fact: Medical treatments that avoid blood transfusions are cost-effective. *

Myth: Many Witnesses, including children, die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions.

Fact: This statement is totally unfounded. Surgeons regularly perform such complex procedures as heart operations, orthopedic surgery, and organ transplants without the use of blood transfusions. * Patients, including children, who do not receive transfusions usually fare as well as or better than those who do accept transfusions. * In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it. JW.org

Because they forbid members from reading or watching any sort of contrarian material, so deep is their dread, the panic they hold of people ever finding out about their deeply shameful past and present. NOT
Because they tear families apart with their unbiblical shunning policy. NOT

Because they've stated in a court of law that they have a list with names of paedophiles and yet they have not handed them in, nor have they shared the list with the police.

ME: The JWs are very strict with sexual immorality, they do not shift elders who are known to act in an immoral way to another "Parish" to hide them from the law.

An investigation is conducted according he the scriptural directions, and if the case is proven to the elders the victim and family of the victim are encouraged to take the matter to the police. Have you tried to report a matter like this to police and not being directly involved? What do you think they would tell you? The police would say, get the victim and the family of the victim to report the matter. No files is kept.

Do you remember the days when the Churches would condemn a girl if she was a victim of rape?...Do you wish to go back to those times?

There are answers her to your questions, but you have a mind set against any acceptance of the truth, so I can only hope other more reasonable readers can see the differences in your claims and the truth.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:34:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 11:42:50 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith,

In that regard, they are no different than most Christian denominations, each and everyone claiming to have scriptural backup.

The Catholic Papacy, and now some of the other religions, state that when it come to scripture and tradition they will accept tradition over the other.

Tell me, do you have personal experience with the JWs?

ME: What is your reason for this question?


Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience.

Some do. Emphasis on some.

ME: Of the 33,000 so called Christian religions, please indicate which ones do not support their government in the time of war. Emphasis on JWs. do not.

They condone Homosexuality,

The Westboro Baptists Church does not, for example.

ME: Well the other 32,999 out bid you.

[the]Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".


The 7th day Adventists do not, for example.

ME: The Adventists were a break away from the early JW organization but the Adventists do abide by the easter and Xmas pagan rituals of the other churches.

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

Because they hide and lie continuously about their past. NOT
Because they have been saying the End is imminent for more than 100 years. The Bible has predicted the end times as starting in or around 1914.
Because they have forwarded many specific dates about when such End would come and failed spectacularly each and every time. They have admitted that they were over enthusiastic at times, and apologized and recovered their composure with further explanations...This is learning...The other Churches of today set down their dogma over 1500 yeas ago, and have not revised anything since.

Other religions have many errors and un-scriptual beliefs, do you condemn them as well for not revising the errors.

Because they have encouraged people not to go to college, not to have children, not to marry, to sell their homes in order to devote their entire lives to spreading the lunacy of their theology. NOT

Because many have died and will continue to die over their criminal blood policy. This sure shows that they have a strong faith, but again the blood issue is a matter of choice for the Witnesses.

Why Don"t Jehovah"s Witnesses Accept Blood Transfusions?
Common misconceptions

Myth: Jehovah"s Witnesses don"t believe in medicine or medical treatment.

Fact: We seek the best possible medical care for ourselves and our families. When we have health problems, we go to doctors who have skill in providing medical and surgical care without blood. We appreciate advancements that have been made in the medical field. In fact, bloodless treatments developed to help Witness patients are now being used to benefit all in the community. In many countries, any patient can now choose to avoid blood-transfusion risks, such as blood-borne diseases, immune-system reactions, and human errors.

Myth: Jehovah"s Witnesses believe that faith will heal a person"s ailments.

Fact: We do not practice faith healing.

Myth: Avoiding blood transfusions is very costly.

Fact: Medical treatments that avoid blood transfusions are cost-effective. *

Myth: Many Witnesses, including children, die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions.

Fact: This statement is totally unfounded. Surgeons regularly perform such complex procedures as heart operations, orthopedic surgery, and organ transplants without the use of blood transfusions. * Patients, including children, who do not receive transfusions usually fare as well as or better than those who do accept transfusions. * In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it. JW.org

Because they forbid members from reading or watching any sort of contrarian material, so deep is their dread, the panic they hold of people ever finding out about their deeply shameful past and present. NOT
Because they tear families apart with their unbiblical shunning policy. NOT

Because they've stated in a court of law that they have a list with names of paedophiles and yet they have not handed them in, nor have they shared the list with the police.

ME: The JWs are very strict with sexual immorality, they do not shift elders who are known to act in an immoral way to another "Parish" to hide them from the law.

An investigation is conducted according to the scriptural directions, and if the case is proven to the elders the victim and family of the victim are encouraged to take the matter to the police. Have you tried to report a matter like this to police and not being directly involved? What do you think they would tell you? The police would say, get the victim and the family of the victim to report the matter. No files are kept. If a person is believed to have been involved in sexual immorality and do not repent, they will be disfellowshipped, not hidden amongst a multitude of black robes.

Do you remember the days when the Churches would condemn a girl if she was a victim of rape?...Do you wish to go back to those times?

There are answers here to your questions, but you have a mind set against any acceptance of the truth, so I can only hope other more reasonable readers can see the differences in your claims and the truth.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:39:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:41:29 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Because they are a very nasty cult indeed. They have been responsible for the deaths of so many people because they don't permit blood transfusions for no good reason at all!

ME: Blood transfusions No, dropping bombs on Japan Okay....Blood transfusions No, religious groups killing millions of each other on the battle field Okay. Yours is only the standard vilification without considerable proof.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 1:04:39 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/8/2016 12:26:51 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/7/2016 11:42:50 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith,

In that regard, they are no different than most Christian denominations, each and everyone claiming to have scriptural backup.

The Catholic Papacy, and now some of the other religions, state that when it come to scripture and tradition they will accept tradition over the other.


You are conviennetly ignoring that the reformation rift revolved around Sola Scriptura.
Most Protestant churches follow Sola Scriptura.

but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Tell me, do you have personal experience with the JWs?

ME: What is your reason for this question?


You did not answer my question.
Noted.


Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience.

Some do. Emphasis on some.

They condone Homosexuality,

The Westboro Baptists Church does not, for example.

[the]Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".


The 7th day Adventists do not, for example.

ME: The Adventists were a break away from the early JW organization

False. On the contrary Pastor Russell drank from the Adventist fountain.
You clearly know very little about JW's history.

but the Adventists do abide by the easter and Xmas pagan rituals of the other churches.

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

Because they hide and lie continuously about their past. NOT
Because they have been saying the End is imminent for more than 100 years. The Bible has predicted the end times as starting in or around 1914.
Because they have forwarded many specific dates about when such End would come and failed spectacularly each and every time.

They have admitted that they were over enthusiastic at times, and apologized and recovered their composure with further explanations...

Not true. They continuously omit, flat out lie and water down their past.

This is learning...

It's historical revisionism to save face.

: The other Churches of today set down their dogma over 1500 yeas ago, and have not revised anything since.

Maybe because the magnitude of their blunders pales in comparison with JW's.

Other religions have many errors and un-scriptual beliefs, do you condemn them as well for not revising the errors.


So you keep asserting.

Because they have encouraged people not to go to college, not to have children, not to marry, to sell their homes in order to devote their entire lives to spreading the lunacy of their theology.

NOT

Oh, yes they did. So not only do you not know about the JW's remote past, you're also oblivious to what happened mid 20th century?
Ok.

Because many have died and will continue to die over their criminal blood policy.

This sure shows that they have a strong faith, but again the blood issue is a matter of choice for the Witnesses.

You are lying with all your teeth. Shame, shame on you! For shame! It is a central doctrinal point and disobeying such lunatic policy carries severe penalties.

Why Don"t Jehovah"s Witnesses Accept Blood Transfusions?

Because their leadership tells them to. The minute they change their policy, the minute the rank and file starts accepting them.

Their whole policy regarding blood fractions is an insult to decency.

Common misconceptions

Myth: Jehovah"s Witnesses don"t believe in medicine or medical treatment.

Fact: We seek the best possible medical care for ourselves and our families. When we have health problems, we go to doctors who have skill in providing medical and surgical care without blood. We appreciate advancements that have been made in the medical field. In fact, bloodless treatments developed to help Witness patients are now being used to benefit all in the community. In many countries, any patient can now choose to avoid blood-transfusion risks, such as blood-borne diseases, immune-system reactions, and human errors.

Myth: Jehovah"s Witnesses believe that faith will heal a person"s ailments.

Fact: We do not practice faith healing.

Myth: Avoiding blood transfusions is very costly.

Fact: Medical treatments that avoid blood transfusions are cost-effective. *

Myth: Many Witnesses, including children, die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions.

Fact: This statement is totally unfounded. Surgeons regularly perform such complex procedures as heart operations, orthopedic surgery, and organ transplants without the use of blood transfusions. * Patients, including children, who do not receive transfusions usually fare as well as or better than those who do accept transfusions. * In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it. JW.org


Spare me the regurgitation of JW leaflets, will you?

Because they forbid members from reading or watching any sort of contrarian material, so deep is their dread, the panic they hold of people ever finding out about their deeply shameful past and present.

NOT

You are lying through your teeth.
Stop lying.

Because they tear families apart with their unbiblical shunning policy.

NOT

You are again lying through your teeth.
Are you a compulsive liar?

Because they've stated in a court of law that they have a list with names of paedophiles and yet they have not handed them in, nor have they shared the list with the police.

ME: The JWs are very strict with sexual immorality, they do not shift elders who are known to act in an immoral way to another "Parish" to hide them from the law.


Yes, Catholics aren't exactly blameless. But don't think the JWs are any better. They withheld information from the police in order to protect their public image.

What a disgusting vile putrid cult the one you're here blindly defending!

An investigation is conducted according he the scriptural directions, and if the case is proven to the elders the victim and family of the victim are encouraged to take the matter to the police. Have you tried to report a matter like this to police and not being directly involved? What do you think they would tell you? The police would say, get the victim and the family of the victim to report the matter. No files is kept.


Clearly, you have not watched the testimony of a member of the Governing Body to the Australian Royal Commission.
Get back to me when you have.

Do you remember the days when the Churches would condemn a girl if she was a victim of rape?...Do you wish to go back to those times?


Strawman.

There are answers her to your questions, but you have a mind set against any acceptance of the truth, so I can only hope other more reasonable readers can see the differences in your claims and the truth.

What honest readers will notice is that you are a resounding ignorant on the matters you've decided to pontificate on. You don't even know the rudiments of JWs history, how could you possibly be equipped to deal with their present?

What a
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 1:21:14 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

Hmm. Well, in terms of outright historical religious intolerance, there's the Jews in Europe, the Sikhs in India, the Zoroastrians in Iran, the Muslims in Central Europe, anyone of native American beliefs during the American expansion. They got more than castigated, which is not to argue that the constant criticism JWs endure is pleasant.

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?
Peter, JWs are about as disliked as Scientologists, say. People outside their faith (and ex-JWs who've escaped the faith) criticise them constantly, without necessarily persecuting them. I'd say that a key reason is that while they're not violent (and neither are Scientologists) they're not seen outside their own faith as honest, ethical, respectful or harmless.

So may I ask: what do you think of Scientology? Is it honest, ethical, respectful, harmless? If not, why not?
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:22:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:15:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Liberals condemn the rest of Christianity. ISIS and Sharia controlled governments behead the rest of Christianity in the Middle East and burn their churches down. Islam is condemned by Conservatives and some liberals like a mantra. Jehovahs Witnesses are less attacked than almost anyone.

ME: We await your proof as back up.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:19:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 11:44:37 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:15:24 AM, desmac wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

Whilst I am all in favour of some good old internecine christian slanging matches (my jesus is better than your jesus stuff), I think one of the best reasons for singling out the laughable jw cult for ridicule is their breathtakingly abysmal record of predicting the end of the world.
Another good reason is the pathos of their subsequent excuses for it not happening.

ME: Do you condemn all religions that get it wrong? or, Are you saying that all other religions are true blue in their messages...I mean, you would just love the 'fact' that Mary is in heaven in human form, hey?

I do indeed condemn all religions which get "it" wrong IE all of them. What in my post could possibly infer that I believe that some imaginary Iron Age Palestinian girl might be physically existing in some magical fairyland in the sky?
tarantula
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:36:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Fortunately most people don't give the JWs the time of day when they come knocking at our doors, trying to sell their con trick of a faith!
Willows
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 10:15:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 11:50:44 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/7/2016 11:14:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.
Scriptural evidence to back up their faith eh?
Herod was having a birthday party and at the request of his daughter had John the baptist executed; his head presented on a plate. This is evidence enough for JWs not to celebrate birthdays or any other religious holiday. And enough reason for their children to be ridiculed and ostracised by their fellow students all through their schooling.

ME: Is that the reason they do not do pagan rituals...I must go to a different congregation, as they have a far greater reason that you presume. Why not check the facts instead of having a few little lies to spread around.

I did check the facts, thoroughly. The explanation is posted on the JW website and published in Watchtower as is the arrogant reasoning that JWs are above "worldly people" and do not participate in "pagan rituals"

How about the passage in Genesis where God advises not to eat meat that is not drained of blood and the bizarre interpretation of JW's that they will refuse life-saving blood transfusions, not only for themselves but their own children as well.

ME: Well, how about that!!!!

Your answer here is typical of what JWs tell their members, namely avoid the question. Once again this is published in Watchtower..."when confronted with the situation you will know what to do when the time comes"

How many innocent children of these self-centred, elitist morons have been made wards of the state because of their distorted beliefs and how many more will it take for this disgusting cult is finally outlawed once and for all?

ME: I do not know the number, but it wouldn't amount to that of the molested Catholic kids.

Again, shifting the attention somewhere else. And by the way, the JW church has come under the same scrutiny as the Catholic church in relation to sexual abuse with the same findings, namely cover-ups.

So, your hate is based on lies, and lack of knowledge. Are you proud that you can hate without reason?

I am fully conversant with the ways of JW and if you insist that my so-called hate is based on "lies", have one guess as to where these "lies" come from.... that's right from the Jehovah's Witness website and the Watchtower.

The reason these people are "castigated" by the rest of society is because of their cruel, abhorrent practices. The stories of horror and family-breaking are not dreamt up, they are sadly real and rife throughout this disgusting organisation.
Willows
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 10:54:36 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 1:48:24 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 7/7/2016 1:41:16 PM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:29:43 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.

JW seems for me to be those who interpret the Bible in the most correct way. They have understood that Christmas isn't mentioned to celebrate in the Bible at all, but most important of all, they seem to have understood that there is actually a verse in the Bible telling women not to wear braids, gold or pearls (1 Timothy 2:9), whereas most mainstream Christians I show this verse to have been like "What? Is that even in the Bible? I did not know that!", or also come up with some phony excuse about how that was "only applicable for the time it was written in" just because they feel guilty over how they once bought a $0,99 pearl armlet to their daughter on the local farmer's market.

You have got to be joking. Who the hell cares if these demented excuses for human beings understand a verse about wearing jewellery. Its their sickening, twisted heavy-handed interpretations that make them abuse their own children that we should be concerned about. They interpret what they want to mean for their own selfish ends.

Never said I liked them generally. I don't know anything about their treatment of their children. Most JWs I've heard of in my country have been tolerant about JW children choosing to not continue in JW. That's maybe not internationally practiced among them though.
I really don't think it as an issue about country and it would be fair to say that not all JWs practice what they preach to the letter. And thank goodness.
"Witnessing" is their practice of relentless door-knocking which involves taking their children with them, generally having doors slammed in their faces and abuse hurled at them.
When children get to the age where they get rebellious they will invariably leave religion behind them. The sad fact is that if a JW child leaves "the faith", he or she is disowned by the family.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:57:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/8/2016 10:15:12 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 11:50:44 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/7/2016 11:14:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.
Scriptural evidence to back up their faith eh?
Herod was having a birthday party and at the request of his daughter had John the baptist executed; his head presented on a plate. This is evidence enough for JWs not to celebrate birthdays or any other religious holiday. And enough reason for their children to be ridiculed and ostracised by their fellow students all through their schooling.

ME: Is that the reason they do not do pagan rituals...I must go to a different congregation, as they have a far greater reason that you presume. Why not check the facts instead of having a few little lies to spread around.

I did check the facts, thoroughly. The explanation is posted on the JW website and published in Watchtower as is the arrogant reasoning that JWs are above "worldly people" and do not participate in "pagan rituals"

How about the passage in Genesis where God advises not to eat meat that is not drained of blood and the bizarre interpretation of JW's that they will refuse life-saving blood transfusions, not only for themselves but their own children as well.

ME: Well, how about that!!!!

Your answer here is typical of what JWs tell their members, namely avoid the question. Once again this is published in Watchtower..."when confronted with the situation you will know what to do when the time comes"

How many innocent children of these self-centred, elitist morons have been made wards of the state because of their distorted beliefs and how many more will it take for this disgusting cult is finally outlawed once and for all?

ME: I do not know the number, but it wouldn't amount to that of the molested Catholic kids.

Again, shifting the attention somewhere else. And by the way, the JW church has come under the same scrutiny as the Catholic church in relation to sexual abuse with the same findings, namely cover-ups.

So, your hate is based on lies, and lack of knowledge. Are you proud that you can hate without reason?

I am fully conversant with the ways of JW and if you insist that my so-called hate is based on "lies", have one guess as to where these "lies" come from.... that's right from the Jehovah's Witness website and the Watchtower.

The reason these people are "castigated" by the rest of society is because of their cruel, abhorrent practices. The stories of horror and family-breaking are not dreamt up, they are sadly real and rife throughout this disgusting organisation.

ME: It is as I thought. Very little knowledge of the JW organisation, the Bible, Gods Word and a vague feeling that the only way to exorcise anything that causes fear is to hate that fear.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 12:21:44 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/8/2016 10:15:12 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 11:50:44 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 7/7/2016 11:14:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/7/2016 9:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I have traveled the net a bit, looking at the sites the condemn the Jehovah Witnesses. Not other religion is so castigated in this , so called democratic world, as these people.

They do provide scriptural evidence to back up their faith, but are condemned on lies and not very imaginative stories of horror, family breaking, death to babies and whatever the protagonists can dream up.

Other religions that call themselves Christian, go to war and kill each other even of the same religion, the clergy bless the weapons of either side with no sign of a conscience. They condone Homosexuality, Worship of craven images, sexual immorality, and have inculcated many pagan rites and rituals into their "Christianity".

So, why are the JWs singled out for the lies and stupid, unfounded and malicious comments?

I am sure that the condemnation will continue here, and with the same amount of proof or reason, or any sort of real investigation. Hopefully, someone will come up with a correct answer.
Scriptural evidence to back up their faith eh?
Herod was having a birthday party and at the request of his daughter had John the baptist executed; his head presented on a plate. This is evidence enough for JWs not to celebrate birthdays or any other religious holiday. And enough reason for their children to be ridiculed and ostracised by their fellow students all through their schooling.

ME: There is no indication in the Scriptures that suggests that celebrating birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers day, all a saints day, the festival of the lights, the festival of the corn (25th Dec) or any other suggested holy holiday. There is sufficient work to be done on being a Christian without cluttering it up with man made festivals. There is only one Commemoration that the JWs carry out each year, and that is scripturally supported.

I feel here that no matter what is said for the JWs you will never be able to remove the glazed over blindness you have, and the malicious hate you have suffered with. You should take into account the continued hate can cause cancer, and the JWs will never care what you say or think anyway.

ME: Is that the reason they do not do pagan rituals...I must go to a different congregation, as they have a far greater reason that you presume. Why not check the facts instead of having a few little lies to spread around.

I did check the facts, thoroughly. The explanation is posted on the JW website and published in Watchtower as is the arrogant reasoning that JWs are above "worldly people" and do not participate in "pagan rituals"

ME: So that is what it says? The JWs are above "worldly People"..You are a classic Willow. Go and get that quote and paste it here why don't you?

How about the passage in Genesis where God advises not to eat meat that is not drained of blood and the bizarre interpretation of JW's that they will refuse life-saving blood transfusions, not only for themselves but their own children as well.

ME: Well, how about that!!!!

Your answer here is typical of what JWs tell their members, namely avoid the question. Once again this is published in Watchtower..."when confronted with the situation you will know what to do when the time comes"

ME: Why should I give you space to vent your spleen? You say you have read the Watchtower, and gone to the JW site, which is JW.org for those that wish to check your rants, so you should be will versed in the truth of your, or not truth, convoluted statements.

How many innocent children of these self-centred, elitist morons have been made wards of the state because of their distorted beliefs and how many more will it take for this disgusting cult is finally outlawed once and for all?

ME: I do not know the number, but it wouldn't amount to that of the molested Catholic kids.

Again, shifting the attention somewhere else. And by the way, the JW church has come under the same scrutiny as the Catholic church in relation to sexual abuse with the same findings, namely cover-ups.

So, your hate is based on lies, and lack of knowledge. Are you proud that you can hate without reason?

I am fully conversant with the ways of JW and if you insist that my so-called hate is based on "lies", have one guess as to where these "lies" come from.... that's right from the Jehovah's Witness website and the Watchtower.

ME: The JWs do not tell lies, so they must be of your invention.

The reason these people are "castigated" by the rest of society is because of their cruel, abhorrent practices. The stories of horror and family-breaking are not dreamt up, they are sadly real and rife throughout this disgusting organisation.

Me: It is a shame that a person can hate to the point of sickness, and that hate is spent on themselves, as those they hate will never feel your anger. Even if they did, they would "love their enemies", forgiving you for your sickness and even would try to help you shed your disease.

Jesus said to his Disciples, "Love me as I have loved you" Jesus was referring to the fact that he was giving his life in love for all mankind, and was asking that anyone, if they obeyed the issue of loving one another, would give their life in place of another. Could you do that Willow?

Cheer up sad Willow, it will all be over soon.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 12:33:30 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/8/2016 9:36:09 AM, tarantula wrote:
Fortunately most people don't give the JWs the time of day when they come knocking at our doors, trying to sell their con trick of a faith!

ME: That is why there has been an1.5% increase in the 2015 number of Publishers over the 2014 figures to bring the number of publishers to 7,987,279.

These figures are in line with the way the JWs count the membership in that only those that are publishers, those that go witnessing from door to door are counted. There is a great crown (Revelation 7:9) having studies and thinking about Baptism, dedicating themselves to Jehovah.

So to back up your lie, give us the figures of increases in other religions.