Jump to topic:

The Atheist delusion

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:09:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Atheists many times say that theists are not "living in reality", claiming it a crime, stupid, etc etc. But yet many atheists turn to drugs. (Not to say only atheists turn to drugs) Why? To not live in reality. I know of atheists who are in a haze constantly of sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. Why? To step beyond reality to another seemingly "better place". So I ask, if atheists can step to a "better place" beyond reality, why are they mad that we step to a "better place" beyond reality?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:26:20 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:09:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheists many times say that theists are not "living in reality", claiming it a crime, stupid, etc etc. But yet many atheists turn to drugs. (Not to say only atheists turn to drugs) Why? To not live in reality. I know of atheists who are in a haze constantly of sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. Why? To step beyond reality to another seemingly "better place". So I ask, if atheists can step to a "better place" beyond reality, why are they mad that we step to a "better place" beyond reality?
You wouldn't know an atheist if you fell over one you liar.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:29:29 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:26:20 PM, bulproof wrote:

Oh? You look like one. Am I correct?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:30:53 PM

Name them.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:32:34 PM
Atheists many times say that theists are not "living in reality", claiming it a crime, stupid, etc etc. But yet many atheists turn to drugs. (Not to say only atheists turn to drugs) Why? To not live in reality. I know of atheists who are in a haze constantly of sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. Why?

To step beyond reality to another seemingly "better place". So I ask, if atheists can step to a "better place" beyond reality, why are they mad that we step to a "better place" beyond reality?

I won't comment on whether or not the place is "better", however you have objectively identified a means by which this place is achieved, and, indeed, its quite -real-, as well. On the flip side, theist claims of a "better place" don't have any objective means by which those claims are fulfilled.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:36:05 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:32:34 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Atheists many times say that theists are not "living in reality", claiming it a crime, stupid, etc etc. But yet many atheists turn to drugs. (Not to say only atheists turn to drugs) Why? To not live in reality. I know of atheists who are in a haze constantly of sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. Why?

To step beyond reality to another seemingly "better place". So I ask, if atheists can step to a "better place" beyond reality, why are they mad that we step to a "better place" beyond reality?

I won't comment on whether or not the place is "better", however you have objectively identified a means by which this place is achieved, and, indeed, its quite -real-, as well. On the flip side, theist claims of a "better place" don't have any objective means by which those claims are fulfilled.

The question is why be militant towards those trying to achieve the same final outcome

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:36:28 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:29:29 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Obviously not, given the nonsense you claim atheists ascribe to.
Fall over.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:37:16 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:30:53 PM, desmac wrote:

Name them.

Bulproof, faustianjustice, Little Bronto

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:38:24 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:36:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

The question is why be militant towards those trying to achieve the same final outcome
What would be that final outcome?
Not being dead when you die?
How pathetic.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:38:39 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:36:28 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:29:29 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Obviously not, given the nonsense you claim atheists ascribe to.
Fall over.

Are you sure? You keep sniffing me and chasing me into the weeds. I must be getting to you.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:38:42 PM

And the answer is that one claims authority from their subjective actions of belief/delusion, while the other does not claim authority from their objective taking of drugs/delusion.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:39:18 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:37:16 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Name them.

[...] Little Bronto

Your penis is atheist?!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:39:59 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:38:24 PM, bulproof wrote:

How pathetic.

Or...is atheism "giving up" disguised as something else...

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:40:54 PM

Name them.

Now is the time he runs off to mummy and cries.
Poor diddums.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:41:35 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:39:18 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Name them.

[...] Little Bronto

Your penis is atheist?!

You have him confused with pythonbronto.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:42:33 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:40:54 PM, bulproof wrote:

Name them.

Now is the time he runs off to mummy and cries.
Poor diddums.

Define diddum Mrs. Thatcher.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:44:09 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:39:59 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

How pathetic.

What did you say that final outcome was, don't be shy, we know the level of your stupidity.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:45:49 PM

Aww. I thought this thread was going to be about Ray Comfort's new "movie" (I'm looking forward to seeing it come out on YouTube). And here, I'm disappointed by yet another strawman.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:47:01 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:45:49 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Aww. I thought this thread was going to be about Ray Comfort's new "movie" (I'm looking forward to seeing it come out on YouTube). And here, I'm disappointed by yet another strawman.

Does he have a banana?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:58:13 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:44:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

How pathetic.

What did you say that final outcome was, don't be shy, we know the level of your stupidity.

Is it stupid to claim evolution then fight against it as bulproof does?

Is it stupid to adhere to negative beliefs over positive beliefs while claiming this is the only life, yet rejecting positive beliefs while in that one life?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:59:58 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:58:13 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:44:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

How pathetic.

Is it stupid to claim evolution then fight against it as bulproof does?

Is it stupid to adhere to negative beliefs over positive beliefs while claiming this is the only life, yet rejecting positive beliefs while in that one life?
I see you can't answer the question, I'm not surprised.
Run along now.