Jump to topic:

The Commandment of Jesus

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:42:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

All the dirt that has accumulated on your feet from your walk has been washed off by Jesus, if you allow him. You must allow Jesus to do this if you are His disciple. So must we do with each other, wash each other's feet.

What does that mean? Every mistake we've ever made in our past has been forgiven by God, he has washed our feet. Because God has washed our feet, Christians must also wash each other's feet by forgiving each other. This is what the discipleship is about. Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. Remember the good Samaritan? Imagine that the man who was robbed was a Christian, and the Samaritan was a Muslim! How differently would you take the parable? Recognize that you have been forgiven much, and forgive others.

Do you call yourself a disciple of Christ? Be charitable with your love. You may the smartest person around, call things as they are,, be a master of prose and poetry, speak many languages, give all of your things to the poor, and give your body to the fire, but without charity, it profits nothing.

So if you consider yourself a Christian, remember.. Do not let the sun go down on your anger! Do you have an unresolved conflict? Make things right before you go to the altar. God gives grace to the humble, but resists the proud. They will know we are Christians by our love.

Forgiveness. Do not simply tolerate your brother or sister. Forgive them. God has forgiven you much. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Walk in grace and truth.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 1:53:06 AM
At 7/8/2016 12:42:41 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

All the dirt that has accumulated on your feet from your walk has been washed off by Jesus, if you allow him. You must allow Jesus to do this if you are His disciple. So must we do with each other, wash each other's feet.

What does that mean? Every mistake we've ever made in our past has been forgiven by God, he has washed our feet. Because God has washed our feet, Christians must also wash each other's feet by forgiving each other. This is what the discipleship is about. Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. Remember the good Samaritan? Imagine that the man who was robbed was a Christian, and the Samaritan was a Muslim! How differently would you take the parable? Recognize that you have been forgiven much, and forgive others.

Do you call yourself a disciple of Christ? Be charitable with your love. You may the smartest person around, call things as they are,, be a master of prose and poetry, speak many languages, give all of your things to the poor, and give your body to the fire, but without charity, it profits nothing.

So if you consider yourself a Christian, remember.. Do not let the sun go down on your anger! Do you have an unresolved conflict? Make things right before you go to the altar. God gives grace to the humble, but resists the proud. They will know we are Christians by our love.

Forgiveness. Do not simply tolerate your brother or sister. Forgive them. God has forgiven you much. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Walk in grace and truth.

Based on all that, you appear to be the furthest thing from being a disciple of Christ.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 2:24:57 AM
At 7/8/2016 1:53:06 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Based on all that, you appear to be the furthest thing from being a disciple of Christ.

It is written that the devil is an accuser of the brethren.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:53:44 PM
At 7/8/2016 2:24:57 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

This is you, as it is written.

Masquerades as "an angel of light." (2 Cor. 11:14-15)
Offers counterfeit promises he can't fulfill. (Gen. 3:4-5)
Twists Scriptures to fit his purposes. (Gen. 3:1-5)
Will suffer the fate he deserves. (Revelation 20:10)
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:55:47 PM

How convenient. This gives the accused an out at any given time to dismiss accusations, no matter how right/real they may be.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 4:09:18 PM

I have seen little closer to it. What do you understand to mean by a disciple of Christ then?
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:22:07 PM

It is written that there are no gods.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:01:33 AM
Well, all blasphemies are forgiven, even blasphemy against The Son.. but blasphemy against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

What is The Holy Spirit? It is The Spirit of Truth.

Do you have The Spirit of Truth in you?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:06:13 AM
At 7/9/2016 2:01:33 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Well, all blasphemies are forgiven, even blasphemy against The Son.. but blasphemy against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Yes, doing me from behind as we speak.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:46:42 AM

The perforated spook, ooh booga booga.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:47:29 AM
At 7/9/2016 2:06:13 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Do you know what that means? Explain to me what you think that means. I want to know how you interpret "Spirit of Truth".
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:58:21 AM

A person who lies like you do wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the arse.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 3:30:02 AM
At 7/9/2016 2:58:21 AM, bulproof wrote:

A person who lies like you do wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the arse.

Atheism as a position in denial of truth's sovereignty, so if anyone's opinion shouldn't be respected concerning "truth", it is surely those who adopts such a position.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 3:36:09 AM
At 7/9/2016 3:30:02 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/9/2016 2:58:21 AM, bulproof wrote:

Atheism as a position in denial of truth's sovereignty, so if anyone's opinion shouldn't be respected concerning "truth", it is surely those who adopts such a position.
The post I responded to proves you a liar. Get over it.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 4:45:03 AM

that's funny stuff
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 1:41:43 PM
At 7/9/2016 4:45:03 AM, matt8800 wrote:

that's funny stuff

Sometimes, the only possible response to fanaticism is ridicule.

Like with the recent wannabe terrorists in the US west: y'all quaeda, yee-hawdists, yokel haram, sex toys sent in place of supplies. The best laugh I've had in years.

I wish something like it could happen to ISIS. Wouldn't it be great if we could laugh them off the planet?
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:08:19 PM
At 7/9/2016 2:47:29 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Do you know what that means?

Yes, I do. It means that your religion is constantly fvcking me up the a$$.

Explain to me what you think that means. I want to know how you interpret "Spirit of Truth".

Spirit and Truth = Delusion and Lies

Is that plain enough for you?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:48:37 PM

There is no greater consideration than to show love for others by washing ones own feet so the feet they are kissing is clean....Harikrish.

It doesn't help when Jesus is not around to wash your feet. Brahmins for generations have taken responsibility for washing their own feet out of consideration for those who want to kiss it to improve their Karma.

And charity begins with washing ones feet out of consideration for those wishing to kiss it.

I dare say that involves more than washing of just the feet. It requires cleansing of the whole body and mind.

Yes, he was there to wash our feet. But he is no longer able to do that. Pray that he returns soon.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:21:46 PM

DJR claims Christ's followers have the moral highground, rejects this highground, then casts the first stone...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:24:00 PM

You missed John 9:41
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:24:32 PM
John 9:41
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 11:47:12 PM
At 7/9/2016 2:48:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:

There is no greater consideration than to show love for others by washing ones own feet so the feet they are kissing is clean....Harikrish.

It doesn't help when Jesus is not around to wash your feet. Brahmins for generations have taken responsibility for washing their own feet out of consideration for those who want to kiss it to improve their Karma.

And charity begins with washing ones feet out of consideration for those wishing to kiss it.

Men with a foot fetish will find that extra charitable ;)
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:58:01 PM
At 7/9/2016 11:47:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/9/2016 2:48:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Men with a foot fetish will find that extra charitable ;)

Count the pope in.