brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 3:24:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Why Atheist Morality Arguments are Meaningless-

(John 9:41)
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

(1 John 1:8)
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

(Proverbs 20:9)
Who can say, "I have cleansed my heart, I am pure from my sin"?

(Proverbs 30:12)
There is a kind who is pure in his own eyes, Yet is not washed from his filthiness.

(1 John 1:10)
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

(Galatians 5:4)
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

(Luke 18:9-14)
And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. read more.
'I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

(Matthew 21:31)
"Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 3:37:27 PM
Have you got any support for your stupid claim?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 3:56:51 PM
At 7/11/2016 3:24:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

So your just going to close your ears to atheists arguments on morality.

Great way to keep one self in check by being open to challenge and revision.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 4:01:29 PM
At 7/11/2016 3:56:51 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Instead of doing your usual stick of bullsh*t, I dunno go learn something.

https://www.youtube.com...
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 4:20:14 PM

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

There is a kind who is pure in his own eyes, Yet is not washed from his filthiness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. read more.
'I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

"Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 4:20:37 PM

Religionists need to get this through their thick heads: if you quote scripture to an atheist it is as if you had said nothing at all. They don't care what is in your old book.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 4:22:24 PM
At 7/11/2016 3:37:27 PM, bulproof wrote:
Have you got any support for your stupid claim?

Of course he has. His ladybird book of scriptural nonsense.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 5:33:23 PM

atheism doesn't make any claims about morality
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 8:31:21 PM
Why Atheist Morality Arguments are Meaningless (to Bronto):

1) You cannot respect morality until you can respect the person;
2) Sanctimony respects no morality but its own;
3) Morality is the first target of vilification;
4) Hypocrisy lays its own failings at other doors;
5) Malignance is no friend to morality in the first place.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 9:14:35 PM

Are you humble bronto? Are you getting into heaven?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 9:27:33 PM
Really, anything that comes out of the mouth of someone who professes atheism might as well be arbitrary.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 9:29:32 PM

I have never seen an atheist make an argument for how their worldview of evolved pond scum can account for objective morality. Then again, I have never seen an atheist make an argument that they are nothing but determinist machines in their own worldview.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:00:28 PM

Most atheists understand morality comes from within, which is called a conscience. Not from a book of fairy tales.
Sabbatini
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:44:47 PM
At 7/11/2016 9:29:32 PM, ViceRegent wrote:

I have never seen an atheist make an argument for how their worldview of evolved pond scum can account for objective morality. Then again, I have never seen an atheist make an argument that they are nothing but determinist machines in their own worldview.

just gonna leave this here, http://www.debate.org...
Sabbatini
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:46:06 PM

Also, look into Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:12:55 PM
If atheists were logical, they'd all be sociopaths. The ones who don't act like sociopaths must not be very good at critical thinking.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:37:27 PM

I've never seen a theist prove that their gods exist.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:40:59 PM
At 7/11/2016 11:12:55 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
If atheists were logical, they'd all be sociopaths. The ones who don't act like sociopaths must not be very good at critical thinking.
Critical thinking mentioned by a theist, more fantasy world stuph.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 7:15:48 AM

How many sodomites have you executed, Vicey?
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:13:46 AM
Most atheists understand morality comes from within, which is called a conscience. Not from a book of fairy tales.

Really? Prove this by, first, proving there exists a thing called a conscience; second, that you have one; third, that you morality comes from this; fouth, that this is a basis for morality and fifth, that the Bible is a book of "fairy tales"? Good luck. You may be the first to do so.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:15:57 AM
At 7/12/2016 10:13:46 AM, ViceRegent wrote:

Really? Prove this by, first, proving there exists a thing called a conscience; second, that you have one; third, that you morality comes from this; fouth, that this is a basis for morality and fifth, that the Bible is a book of "fairy tales"? Good luck. You may be the first to do so.

Why do you disobey your god's commandments, Vicey?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:20:40 AM

Really? You don't have a conscience?
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:06:43 PM
At 7/12/2016 10:20:40 AM, janesix wrote:

It is hilarious that not a single atheist can prove anything they believe to be true. They always have to introduce red herrings and straw men. Such is the life of being mentally ill.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:12:34 PM
At 7/12/2016 12:06:43 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 7/12/2016 10:20:40 AM, janesix wrote:

It is hilarious that not a single atheist can prove anything they believe to be true. They always have to introduce red herrings and straw men. Such is the life of being mentally ill.

Is it moral to ignore the commands of your god, vicey?
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 1:59:48 PM

http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 1:39:51 AM
At 7/11/2016 11:40:59 PM, bulproof wrote:

You misspelled "stuff." It's only one syllable too. You must be an atheist.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 7:49:29 AM
At 7/13/2016 1:39:51 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:40:59 PM, bulproof wrote:

You misspelled "stuff." It's only one syllable too. You must be an atheist.
Intentionally and you fell in, you must be a theist.