Total Posts:135|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

New testament sexism

Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 9:57:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
In 1 Corinthians 11:4-15, Paul wrote this:

Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman"s sake, but woman for the man"s sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as the woman originates from the man, so also the man has his birth through the woman; and all things originate from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Christians cannot reasonably deny that God (through Paul) commanded women of this time to either cover or shave their heads. However, few will deny that this injunction no longer applies. And here lies a big problem. Although many Christians find excuses to dismiss most of the irrational and senseless rules in the Old Testament, what is written here is in the New Testament, written by God"s chosen ambassador and the principal architect of modern Christianity. If this rule no longer applies then what other rules contained in Paul"s letters can be likewise dismissed? It raises a host of issues, including why did God change something that must have been important to him at that time? Alternately, if God still wants it this way, why don"t Christian women still follow this rule? Do you think they should?

Or, we can consider a simpler solution- Paul was just expressing his own misogynistic prejudices and was not speaking for God meaning the bible is not the word of God and Christianity is entirely false.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

Your point is?

But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Yes sexism is unfortunately a regular occurrence throughout the world. The bible unfortunately encourages sexism which is one of the reasons why Christianity should be exposed for what it really is, the biggest fraud in human history.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:13:19 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

Your point is?


It's not doctrine, dummy.

But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Yes sexism is unfortunately a regular occurrence throughout the world. The bible unfortunately encourages sexism which is one of the reasons why Christianity should be exposed for what it really is, the biggest fraud in human history.

You think sexism is bad, but I think deluding oneself into thinking that men and women are the same is far worse.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:29:17 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:13:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

Your point is?


It's not doctrine, dummy.

Your God obviously prefers if women cover or shave their heads if Christianity is true, proving my point Christianity is a sexist religion as the same standards are not imposed on men.

But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Yes sexism is unfortunately a regular occurrence throughout the world. The bible unfortunately encourages sexism which is one of the reasons why Christianity should be exposed for what it really is, the biggest fraud in human history.

You think sexism is bad, but I think deluding oneself into thinking that men and women are the same is far worse.

That's because you believe in Christianity and therefore think you are superior to me because of your gender. You need to realize Christianity is false and discrimination on the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary and illogical.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:35:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:29:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

Your point is?


It's not doctrine, dummy.

Your God obviously prefers if women cover or shave their heads if Christianity is true, proving my point Christianity is a sexist religion as the same standards are not imposed on men.

...It's pretty clear from the texts that this is Paul's opinion, and it isn't a doctrine of the church.


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Yes sexism is unfortunately a regular occurrence throughout the world. The bible unfortunately encourages sexism which is one of the reasons why Christianity should be exposed for what it really is, the biggest fraud in human history.

You think sexism is bad, but I think deluding oneself into thinking that men and women are the same is far worse.

That's because you believe in Christianity and therefore think you are superior to me because of your gender. You need to realize Christianity is false and discrimination on the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary and illogical.

It's got nothing to do with superiority. It has to do with the fact that men and women are obviously different.

If you think that discrimination the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary, and illogical, you must not be aware of how babies are made. Boy oh boy, this is embarrassing... Do you really expect me to give you the birds and the bees talk over an internet forum? I mean.. erm... Well, I'm willing, but damn, they should have taught you this stuff already in grade school.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:40:50 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:35:15 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:29:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

Your point is?


It's not doctrine, dummy.

Your God obviously prefers if women cover or shave their heads if Christianity is true, proving my point Christianity is a sexist religion as the same standards are not imposed on men.

...It's pretty clear from the texts that this is Paul's opinion, and it isn't a doctrine of the church.


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Yes sexism is unfortunately a regular occurrence throughout the world. The bible unfortunately encourages sexism which is one of the reasons why Christianity should be exposed for what it really is, the biggest fraud in human history.

You think sexism is bad, but I think deluding oneself into thinking that men and women are the same is far worse.

That's because you believe in Christianity and therefore think you are superior to me because of your gender. You need to realize Christianity is false and discrimination on the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary and illogical.

It's got nothing to do with superiority. It has to do with the fact that men and women are obviously different.

If you think that discrimination the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary, and illogical, you must not be aware of how babies are made. Boy oh boy, this is embarrassing... Do you really expect me to give you the birds and the bees talk over an internet forum? I mean.. erm... Well, I'm willing, but damn, they should have taught you this stuff already in grade school.

Haha! Try and explain a logical, neccessary and fair reason why women should cover or shave their heads?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:42:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:40:50 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:35:15 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:29:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."

Your point is?


It's not doctrine, dummy.

Your God obviously prefers if women cover or shave their heads if Christianity is true, proving my point Christianity is a sexist religion as the same standards are not imposed on men.

...It's pretty clear from the texts that this is Paul's opinion, and it isn't a doctrine of the church.


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Yes sexism is unfortunately a regular occurrence throughout the world. The bible unfortunately encourages sexism which is one of the reasons why Christianity should be exposed for what it really is, the biggest fraud in human history.

You think sexism is bad, but I think deluding oneself into thinking that men and women are the same is far worse.

That's because you believe in Christianity and therefore think you are superior to me because of your gender. You need to realize Christianity is false and discrimination on the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary and illogical.

It's got nothing to do with superiority. It has to do with the fact that men and women are obviously different.

If you think that discrimination the grounds of gender is unfair, unnecessary, and illogical, you must not be aware of how babies are made. Boy oh boy, this is embarrassing... Do you really expect me to give you the birds and the bees talk over an internet forum? I mean.. erm... Well, I'm willing, but damn, they should have taught you this stuff already in grade school.

Haha! Try and explain a logical, neccessary and fair reason why women should cover or shave their heads?

You are selectively listening to me, aren't you?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:49:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

Having different physical characteristics is not a justifiable reason for a God to discriminate against someone.


As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.

So you agree your God is illogical, unfair and discriminates against people because of their gender.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:55:12 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:49:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

Having different physical characteristics is not a justifiable reason for a God to discriminate against someone.


As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.

So you agree your God is illogical, unfair and discriminates against people because of their gender.

You really gotta stop listening to liberal dipshits who redefine language in order to stultify meaningful conversation and push their fascist and communist agendas.

Full Definition of discriminate
discriminateddiscriminating
transitive verb
1
a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of
b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
2
.: to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
1
a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources>
b : to use good judgment
2
.: to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>

The fact that you identity as a female here shows to me that you show more discrimination than I, who have chosen to keep my gender anonymous.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:00:39 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:55:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:49:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

Having different physical characteristics is not a justifiable reason for a God to discriminate against someone.


As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.

So you agree your God is illogical, unfair and discriminates against people because of their gender.

You really gotta stop listening to liberal dipshits who redefine language in order to stultify meaningful conversation and push their fascist and communist agendas.

Full Definition of discriminate
discriminateddiscriminating
transitive verb
1
a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of
b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
2
.: to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
1
a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources>
b : to use good judgment
2
.: to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>


The fact that you identity as a female here shows to me that you show more discrimination than I, who have chosen to keep my gender anonymous.

Definition:

The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

So tell me how God expecting women to cover or shave their heads is just, reasonable and not unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender as men are not held to the same standards without obvious reasoning why they would not be.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:05:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 11:00:39 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:55:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:49:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

Having different physical characteristics is not a justifiable reason for a God to discriminate against someone.


As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.

So you agree your God is illogical, unfair and discriminates against people because of their gender.

You really gotta stop listening to liberal dipshits who redefine language in order to stultify meaningful conversation and push their fascist and communist agendas.

Full Definition of discriminate
discriminateddiscriminating
transitive verb
1
a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of
b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
2
.: to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
1
a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources>
b : to use good judgment
2
.: to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>


The fact that you identity as a female here shows to me that you show more discrimination than I, who have chosen to keep my gender anonymous.

Definition:

The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

So tell me how God expecting women to cover or shave their heads is just, reasonable and not unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender as men are not held to the same standards without obvious reasoning why they would not be.

I'm sorry, but I'm not compromising the integrity of language in order to humor your corruption of it.

Use a real dictionary.

I'm using The Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary edition 11, which happens to be the one hosted on www.merriam-webster.com

The language you are using is confused. It's not entirely your fault, there is an active conspiracy to do this.

It's one of the reasons why people are so mentally ill these days. People don't understand their own language because of how badly it's being misused. When you understand language, these tricks don't work anymore.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:16:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 11:05:02 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:00:39 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:55:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:49:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

Having different physical characteristics is not a justifiable reason for a God to discriminate against someone.


As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.

So you agree your God is illogical, unfair and discriminates against people because of their gender.

You really gotta stop listening to liberal dipshits who redefine language in order to stultify meaningful conversation and push their fascist and communist agendas.

Full Definition of discriminate
discriminateddiscriminating
transitive verb
1
a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of
b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
2
.: to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
1
a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources>
b : to use good judgment
2
.: to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>


The fact that you identity as a female here shows to me that you show more discrimination than I, who have chosen to keep my gender anonymous.

Definition:

The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

So tell me how God expecting women to cover or shave their heads is just, reasonable and not unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender as men are not held to the same standards without obvious reasoning why they would not be.

I'm sorry, but I'm not compromising the integrity of language in order to humor your corruption of it.

Use a real dictionary.

I'm using The Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary edition 11, which happens to be the one hosted on www.merriam-webster.com

The language you are using is confused. It's not entirely your fault, there is an active conspiracy to do this.

It's one of the reasons why people are so mentally ill these days. People don't understand their own language because of how badly it's being misused. When you understand language, these tricks don't work anymore.

I'm using Google. To claim your definition has more validity is simply rather silly. Google is the most widely used English language search engine. I've never heard of your dictionary. Regardless of what excuse you come up with it is discrimination on the grounds of gender to want women to cover or shave their heads and not men. It's obvious and you are deluding yourself if you try and deny it.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:40:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 11:16:34 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
I'm using Google. To claim your definition has more validity is simply rather silly. Google is the most widely used English language search engine. I've never heard of your dictionary. Regardless of what excuse you come up with it is discrimination on the grounds of gender to want women to cover or shave their heads and not men. It's obvious and you are deluding yourself if you try and deny it.

You've never heard of Merriam-Webster? The Google dictionary is terrible, you should probably use a real dictionary. You know, one that is actually authoritative and respected by academia.

You know, unless you want to remain confused and perverse in your thinking. It's alright, politicians and salesmen will have a field day with you. It might be good for the short term economy.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:43:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 11:40:21 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:16:34 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
I'm using Google. To claim your definition has more validity is simply rather silly. Google is the most widely used English language search engine. I've never heard of your dictionary. Regardless of what excuse you come up with it is discrimination on the grounds of gender to want women to cover or shave their heads and not men. It's obvious and you are deluding yourself if you try and deny it.

You've never heard of Merriam-Webster? The Google dictionary is terrible, you should probably use a real dictionary. You know, one that is actually authoritative and respected by academia.

Never. Just googled it, it's American I'm British. You just claiming the Google dictionary is terrible is merely a lame excuse to get round the fact it proves my point.

You know, unless you want to remain confused and perverse in your thinking. It's alright, politicians and salesmen will have a field day with you. It might be good for the short term economy.

Says the person who has been tricked into believing a fairytale for adults. Haha
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:49:59 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 11:43:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:40:21 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:16:34 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
I'm using Google. To claim your definition has more validity is simply rather silly. Google is the most widely used English language search engine. I've never heard of your dictionary. Regardless of what excuse you come up with it is discrimination on the grounds of gender to want women to cover or shave their heads and not men. It's obvious and you are deluding yourself if you try and deny it.

You've never heard of Merriam-Webster? The Google dictionary is terrible, you should probably use a real dictionary. You know, one that is actually authoritative and respected by academia.

Never. Just googled it, it's American I'm British. You just claiming the Google dictionary is terrible is merely a lame excuse to get round the fact it proves my point.

No, it's because I'm a linguist and I am aware of a vast a wide reaching conspiracy to alter language in order to get people to think a certain way and make scripture unintelligible.

Truly, the shamans who control our language sculpt our reality. Have you ever heard of the book "1984"? There is a concept put forth in that book called "newspeak". It's really happening, it isn't a joke.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Les_Rong
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:25:17 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Different doesn't have to mean one rules over the other.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 2:17:32 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:25:17 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Different doesn't have to mean one rules over the other.

It doesn't.

Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.

Discrimination doesn't imply anything other than a distinction is being made.

Men and women are different. This is a beautiful thing, not something to be ashamed or envious. When men and women cooperate and do as they should, there is a fully functional patriarchy as well as a fully functional matriarchy, and they work together cooperatively.

You know where all this petulance about gender roles is going to lead us? The military refers to it as "divide and conquer". It's already destroying family, society, and our country. Oh, it's an active conspiracy alright. You want proof? Start reading the crazy stuff they pass in the UN, and then look outside and see what's going on around you.

Really, all of this stuff going on now was dictated decades ago, and it's only going to get worse. People will love it. They'll eat it up. They'll be convinced it's a good idea. People are being educated to buy into all this BS. I tell you, they make it sound all nice and good, but in the end it's leading us all into bondage. It's open deceit! They confuse our language to such an extent that they get people to agree with things they don't even really agree with! Sound crazy? Well, it's really happening.

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God. Anything less, and you are just asking to be a single parent who gets their kids stolen by an overtly satanic culture and an education system that is actively seeking to corrupt youth in order to further political agendas that aren't truly in the best interests of anyone.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 6:28:24 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 2:17:32 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:25:17 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Different doesn't have to mean one rules over the other.

It doesn't.

Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.

Discrimination doesn't imply anything other than a distinction is being made.


Men and women are different. This is a beautiful thing, not something to be ashamed or envious. When men and women cooperate and do as they should, there is a fully functional patriarchy as well as a fully functional matriarchy, and they work together cooperatively.

You know where all this petulance about gender roles is going to lead us? The military refers to it as "divide and conquer". It's already destroying family, society, and our country. Oh, it's an active conspiracy alright. You want proof? Start reading the crazy stuff they pass in the UN, and then look outside and see what's going on around you.

Really, all of this stuff going on now was dictated decades ago, and it's only going to get worse. People will love it. They'll eat it up. They'll be convinced it's a good idea. People are being educated to buy into all this BS. I tell you, they make it sound all nice and good, but in the end it's leading us all into bondage. It's open deceit! They confuse our language to such an extent that they get people to agree with things they don't even really agree with! Sound crazy? Well, it's really happening.

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God. Anything less, and you are just asking to be a single parent who gets their kids stolen by an overtly satanic culture and an education system that is actively seeking to corrupt youth in order to further political agendas that aren't truly in the best interests of anyone.

So an individual who constantly appeals to a certain dictionary to give credence to his outrageous claims is not even aware of said dictionary's definition of sexism?

Ok.

You said:
"
Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.
"

Your dictionary of choice, Merriam-Webster , says:

"
Sexism
unfair treatment of people because of their sex; especially : unfair treatment of women
"
(http://www.merriam-webster.com...) :

Busted.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 6:42:08 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Below is the Oxford English Dictionary's short definition of its primary use of the word discrimination. The OED is the definitive dictionary of the English Language.

"The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex:"
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 7:13:48 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:49:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:44:52 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Men and women are different. It's silly to deny this. There is nothing wrong with that.

Having different physical characteristics is not a justifiable reason for a God to discriminate against someone.


What's your definition of the discrimination?

As for me, I don't think it's necessary for women to have their heads covered any more than I think men should shave their heads.

Just pretend that I'm a man with long hair.

So you agree your God is illogical, unfair and discriminates against people because of their gender.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 7:19:28 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 6:28:24 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/12/2016 2:17:32 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:25:17 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Different doesn't have to mean one rules over the other.

It doesn't.

Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.

Discrimination doesn't imply anything other than a distinction is being made.


Men and women are different. This is a beautiful thing, not something to be ashamed or envious. When men and women cooperate and do as they should, there is a fully functional patriarchy as well as a fully functional matriarchy, and they work together cooperatively.

You know where all this petulance about gender roles is going to lead us? The military refers to it as "divide and conquer". It's already destroying family, society, and our country. Oh, it's an active conspiracy alright. You want proof? Start reading the crazy stuff they pass in the UN, and then look outside and see what's going on around you.

Really, all of this stuff going on now was dictated decades ago, and it's only going to get worse. People will love it. They'll eat it up. They'll be convinced it's a good idea. People are being educated to buy into all this BS. I tell you, they make it sound all nice and good, but in the end it's leading us all into bondage. It's open deceit! They confuse our language to such an extent that they get people to agree with things they don't even really agree with! Sound crazy? Well, it's really happening.

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God. Anything less, and you are just asking to be a single parent who gets their kids stolen by an overtly satanic culture and an education system that is actively seeking to corrupt youth in order to further political agendas that aren't truly in the best interests of anyone.

So an individual who constantly appeals to a certain dictionary to give credence to his outrageous claims is not even aware of said dictionary's definition of sexism?

Ok.

You said:
"
Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.
"

Your dictionary of choice, Merriam-Webster , says:

"
Sexism
unfair treatment of people because of their sex; especially : unfair treatment of women
"
(http://www.merriam-webster.com...) :

And what is fair treatment? Equally treat the two different sexes?

CAN YOU SERVICE TWO DIFFERENT MACHINES, MEANT FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES WITH THE SAME TOOL KIT?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Willows
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 8:19:38 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 7:19:28 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/12/2016 6:28:24 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/12/2016 2:17:32 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:25:17 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Different doesn't have to mean one rules over the other.

It doesn't.

Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.

Discrimination doesn't imply anything other than a distinction is being made.


Men and women are different. This is a beautiful thing, not something to be ashamed or envious. When men and women cooperate and do as they should, there is a fully functional patriarchy as well as a fully functional matriarchy, and they work together cooperatively.

You know where all this petulance about gender roles is going to lead us? The military refers to it as "divide and conquer". It's already destroying family, society, and our country. Oh, it's an active conspiracy alright. You want proof? Start reading the crazy stuff they pass in the UN, and then look outside and see what's going on around you.

Really, all of this stuff going on now was dictated decades ago, and it's only going to get worse. People will love it. They'll eat it up. They'll be convinced it's a good idea. People are being educated to buy into all this BS. I tell you, they make it sound all nice and good, but in the end it's leading us all into bondage. It's open deceit! They confuse our language to such an extent that they get people to agree with things they don't even really agree with! Sound crazy? Well, it's really happening.

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God. Anything less, and you are just asking to be a single parent who gets their kids stolen by an overtly satanic culture and an education system that is actively seeking to corrupt youth in order to further political agendas that aren't truly in the best interests of anyone.

So an individual who constantly appeals to a certain dictionary to give credence to his outrageous claims is not even aware of said dictionary's definition of sexism?

Ok.

You said:
"
Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.
"

Your dictionary of choice, Merriam-Webster , says:

"
Sexism
unfair treatment of people because of their sex; especially : unfair treatment of women
"
(http://www.merriam-webster.com...) :

And what is fair treatment? Equally treat the two different sexes?

CAN YOU SERVICE TWO DIFFERENT MACHINES, MEANT FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES WITH THE SAME TOOL KIT?

Probably not. But women are human beings not machines. They are made of the same flesh and blood as men and deserve to be treated equal.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:59:55 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:29:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:19 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

That's because you believe in Christianity and therefore think you are superior to me because of your gender.

We know that is false when we know the fullness of scripture. In Ephesians 5 it says this.....notice how the scripture distinguishes between man and woman but in no way is one '"superior" in Christianity. In the Christian context we submit one to another, but there also is an order, order is not a negative element. So the man being "head" is not a license for abuse, it's just an order. If you don't perceive the principles involved you aren't gonna have a clear view.

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Understand Chloe you can't just cherry pick a verse here and there. A huge part of correctly examining Christian theology is having full knowledge of NT scripture, that creates balance because you can see better what the full picture is.

Again in Ephesians (and elsewhere) we see the equality that Christianity uplifts here in verse...

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh!.....
notice how it brings it back to unity again, not discrimination.

In scripture you deal with culture, opinions, traditions, theology, stories, analogies, parables, literal events, figurative speech, literal speech ect ect..
In Paul's time for whatever reasons it was common to mix their theology with their spirituality or lifestyle. Doing and practicing customs as a symbolic gesture to represent a principle, so then it becomes disrespectful to not do them (like the covering of the head). We call this tradition and culture. To me it's a strange occurrence but I understand it.
In scripture, there are reasons for symbolic gestures, they represent something the culture perceived. And for that reason it's not always discrimination. However, not being a part of that culture it is really silly (stupid) to do those practices. So for the sake of logic and rationale we know we don't need to inherit the culture of that time.

But above all of that, and most beneficial you have the spiritual framework and underlying principles and laws that are spread out over the entirety of the Bible. It's like the space fabric that holds it together, this is what binds it and makes it applicable.
All the stories, teachings, parables, commandments, illustrations, visions, prophesies ect represent the spiritual and spiritual principles. For example, a true prophesy cannot be formulated unless it first originated from the spirit, it's knowledge that was first perceived in the spirit. Otherwise it's not a prophesy just someone's droning.

The objective of Christianity is to inherit the spiritual aspects! the spiritual principles that undergird it and apply them, not the cultural gestures, opinions or physical laws.

When you come to the table to debate Christianity in a real way all things must be considered. I have yet to see any non believer understand or even perceive the fullness of scripture or spiritual aspect of the Bible, the spiritual backdrop you could say. Without possessing those qualities all your arguments will be hollow, a misrepresentation.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 11:12:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 11:49:59 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:43:54 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:40:21 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/11/2016 11:16:34 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
I'm using Google. To claim your definition has more validity is simply rather silly. Google is the most widely used English language search engine. I've never heard of your dictionary. Regardless of what excuse you come up with it is discrimination on the grounds of gender to want women to cover or shave their heads and not men. It's obvious and you are deluding yourself if you try and deny it.

You've never heard of Merriam-Webster? The Google dictionary is terrible, you should probably use a real dictionary. You know, one that is actually authoritative and respected by academia.

Never. Just googled it, it's American I'm British. You just claiming the Google dictionary is terrible is merely a lame excuse to get round the fact it proves my point.

No, it's because I'm a linguist and I am aware of a vast a wide reaching conspiracy to alter language in order to get people to think a certain way and make scripture unintelligible.

Truly, the shamans who control our language sculpt our reality. Have you ever heard of the book "1984"? There is a concept put forth in that book called "newspeak". It's really happening, it isn't a joke.

Please tell me why "difference" excludes "equality".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 11:13:50 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 7:19:28 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/12/2016 6:28:24 AM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/12/2016 2:17:32 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:25:17 AM, Les_Rong wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:00:58 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Yet right after all of this it says,

"But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God."


But yeah, reality is sexist. You know, being that men and women are in fact different. That's why we call them "men" and "women".

Different doesn't have to mean one rules over the other.

It doesn't.

Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.

Discrimination doesn't imply anything other than a distinction is being made.


Men and women are different. This is a beautiful thing, not something to be ashamed or envious. When men and women cooperate and do as they should, there is a fully functional patriarchy as well as a fully functional matriarchy, and they work together cooperatively.

You know where all this petulance about gender roles is going to lead us? The military refers to it as "divide and conquer". It's already destroying family, society, and our country. Oh, it's an active conspiracy alright. You want proof? Start reading the crazy stuff they pass in the UN, and then look outside and see what's going on around you.

Really, all of this stuff going on now was dictated decades ago, and it's only going to get worse. People will love it. They'll eat it up. They'll be convinced it's a good idea. People are being educated to buy into all this BS. I tell you, they make it sound all nice and good, but in the end it's leading us all into bondage. It's open deceit! They confuse our language to such an extent that they get people to agree with things they don't even really agree with! Sound crazy? Well, it's really happening.

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God. Anything less, and you are just asking to be a single parent who gets their kids stolen by an overtly satanic culture and an education system that is actively seeking to corrupt youth in order to further political agendas that aren't truly in the best interests of anyone.

So an individual who constantly appeals to a certain dictionary to give credence to his outrageous claims is not even aware of said dictionary's definition of sexism?

Ok.

You said:
"
Sexism doesn't imply anything other than the acknowledgement that there are different sexes.
"

Your dictionary of choice, Merriam-Webster , says:

"
Sexism
unfair treatment of people because of their sex; especially : unfair treatment of women
"
(http://www.merriam-webster.com...) :

And what is fair treatment? Equally treat the two different sexes?

CAN YOU SERVICE TWO DIFFERENT MACHINES, MEANT FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES WITH THE SAME TOOL KIT?

I have yet to see a First Aid Kit marked "Male" or "Female".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 4:23:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 9:57:58 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
In 1 Corinthians 11:4-15, Paul wrote this:

Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman"s sake, but woman for the man"s sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as the woman originates from the man, so also the man has his birth through the woman; and all things originate from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Christians cannot reasonably deny that God (through Paul) commanded women of this time to either cover or shave their heads. However, few will deny that this injunction no longer applies. And here lies a big problem. Although many Christians find excuses to dismiss most of the irrational and senseless rules in the Old Testament, what is written here is in the New Testament, written by God"s chosen ambassador and the principal architect of modern Christianity. If this rule no longer applies then what other rules contained in Paul"s letters can be likewise dismissed? It raises a host of issues, including why did God change something that must have been important to him at that time? Alternately, if God still wants it this way, why don"t Christian women still follow this rule? Do you think they should?

Or, we can consider a simpler solution- Paul was just expressing his own misogynistic prejudices and was not speaking for God meaning the bible is not the word of God and Christianity is entirely false.
I wonder when you're going to make a rant against biology, considering the fact that men are physically and intellectually superior to women in many aspects.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 5:28:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 9:57:58 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
In 1 Corinthians 11:4-15, Paul wrote this:

Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman"s sake, but woman for the man"s sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as the woman originates from the man, so also the man has his birth through the woman; and all things originate from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Christians cannot reasonably deny that God (through Paul) commanded women of this time to either cover or shave their heads. However, few will deny that this injunction no longer applies. And here lies a big problem. Although many Christians find excuses to dismiss most of the irrational and senseless rules in the Old Testament, what is written here is in the New Testament, written by God"s chosen ambassador and the principal architect of modern Christianity. If this rule no longer applies then what other rules contained in Paul"s letters can be likewise dismissed? It raises a host of issues, including why did God change something that must have been important to him at that time? Alternately, if God still wants it this way, why don"t Christian women still follow this rule? Do you think they should?

Or, we can consider a simpler solution- Paul was just expressing his own misogynistic prejudices and was not speaking for God meaning the bible is not the word of God and Christianity is entirely false.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the natural worlds sexism before you think about picking up stones...
Do you think this section applies to salvation?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 5:54:38 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 5:28:45 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 7/11/2016 9:57:58 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
In 1 Corinthians 11:4-15, Paul wrote this:

Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman"s sake, but woman for the man"s sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as the woman originates from the man, so also the man has his birth through the woman; and all things originate from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Christians cannot reasonably deny that God (through Paul) commanded women of this time to either cover or shave their heads. However, few will deny that this injunction no longer applies. And here lies a big problem. Although many Christians find excuses to dismiss most of the irrational and senseless rules in the Old Testament, what is written here is in the New Testament, written by God"s chosen ambassador and the principal architect of modern Christianity. If this rule no longer applies then what other rules contained in Paul"s letters can be likewise dismissed? It raises a host of issues, including why did God change something that must have been important to him at that time? Alternately, if God still wants it this way, why don"t Christian women still follow this rule? Do you think they should?

Or, we can consider a simpler solution- Paul was just expressing his own misogynistic prejudices and was not speaking for God meaning the bible is not the word of God and Christianity is entirely false.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the natural worlds sexism before you think about picking up stones...
Do you think this section applies to salvation?

Like female spiders devouring their mates after procreating?