Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are atheists right?

HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:41:28 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

You cant prove that something doesnt exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Look at the solar system. It is designed. Who could design a solar system? Only god.
distraff
Posts: 1,002
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:51:10 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

All agnomists (people who don't believe in garden gnomes) ever seem to do is claim that gnomist theories (beliefs in garden gnomes) are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there are no garden gnomes, all they do is go even further into saying that gnomists are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to agnomists is to actually prove that garden gnomes doesn't exist.

My challenge to gnomists is to prove that garden gnomes exist.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 1:25:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

HP, our best practice definition of knowledge is now empirical: knowledge is what we can reliably observe. Anything else, no matter how much conviction it attracts, remains mere conjecture.

With the accuracy, reliability and objectivity of this definition having been established and continuously improved for several centuries, we now rely on this definition in all professions, with the professions of clergy and theologian conspicuously still aligning themselves with fraudulent avocations of astrologer, homeopath, psychic and other charlatans, in avoiding such accountability.

With their authorities drawn from ignorant, superstitious traditions founded before empirical knowledge was codified and accepted as being the only standard of knowledge robust and accountable enough to advise and predict from, theologians and clerics have spent their entire multimillennial history being vague on what they know, evasive on how they know it, making false predictions and pretending they predicted something else, blaming adherents for their failures, abusing the ignorance of the faithful, playing games worthy of an Enron or Worldcom for their intellectual and ethical irresponsibility -- all based on the same moldering, incoherent, ignorantly-authored scriptures they cannot accurately attribute, authenticate, deconflict, or consistently interpret.

The reason God doesn't exist is simple: no definition of God is coherent enough, authenticated enough, specific enough, significant enough, predictive enough, and falsifiable enough to be claimed valid enough to reason with under modern standards of reason, even as a conjecture.

And moreover, the professions who benefit by promoting God have no means to remedy that, nor any intention of doing so.

There is no God without theology saying there is, nor any reason to bother about theology without clericalism urging us to do so. And both professions are instantly dismissable on the twin grounds of being irreparably incoherent by any reasonable modern standard of knowledge, and a product of cynical, systematic, professionally conflicted, corrupt intellectual dishonesty.

You're welcome.
lwilington
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:39:23 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

An atheist doesn't need to believe or prove that no gods exist. An atheist is simply a person who rejects theistic claims. There is a subset of atheists who claim there are no gods, have never been gods, and never can be gods. But this is just part of the group. And there really isn't an agreed upon term for them. I've heard anti-theist or hard atheist.
All anti-theists are atheists but not all atheists are anti-theists. Just like all christians are theists but not all theists are christian.
The burden of proof lies with those making claims. If you find an anti-theist you should ask them why they think no gods exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

I'd love for them to prove this as well. The one's I know tend to claim the point of religion isn't to prove but to inspire or some such nonsense. I think they just like to avoid the challenge.
ken1122
Posts: 458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:29:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Which God are you referring to that you are asking me to prove does not exist?
I know Nature exist
I know the Sun exist
I believe Jesus existed
I believe Haile Sellassi existed,
I also know there those who worship those things and people. But because I don't call any of them God, I am atheist towards those religions even though I believe they exist.

Ken
RedAtheist912
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:11:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

There is no evidence for God's existence. The best evidence of absence is absence of evidence.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.
Willows
Posts: 2,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:17:43 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

It is totally illogical to prove something does not exist. The whole world would be in utter chaos if we lived by that pretext. In a court system the side who is making the claim (prosecution) must present the evidence to prove the claim. If no satisfactory evidence is given the charge is dismissed without the defence having to say a word.

So in the case of does god exist?, there has never been one single shred of viable evidence to prove it.
Case dismissed.
Fly
Posts: 2,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:51:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
It is reasonable to be skeptical of claims with no objective evidence.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:14:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

The phrase "Ultimate Reality" has no meaning other than the one you imagine in your head. Atheism doesn't adopt anything, it simply is a reaction to meaningless claims such as "Ultimate Reality is God"

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

That is an obvious lie.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.

Still have no clue what atheism is, do you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:18:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 5:14:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

The phrase "Ultimate Reality" has no meaning other than the one you imagine in your head. Atheism doesn't adopt anything, it simply is a reaction to meaningless claims such as "Ultimate Reality is God"

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

That is an obvious lie.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.

Still have no clue what atheism is, do you.

The dictionary tells me that I am not unjustified in my belief that everything you say can pretty much be discounted as deceit.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:26:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 5:18:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:14:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

The phrase "Ultimate Reality" has no meaning other than the one you imagine in your head. Atheism doesn't adopt anything, it simply is a reaction to meaningless claims such as "Ultimate Reality is God"

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

That is an obvious lie.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.

Still have no clue what atheism is, do you.

The dictionary tells me that I am not unjustified in my belief that everything you say can pretty much be discounted as deceit.

The dictionary tells you that? LOL.

Okay, show me the definition of "Ultimate Reality" in a dictionary that agrees with you?

Yes, I know you can't. That's why your claims are vacuous and dishonest.

However, if you're interested, you will find most all religions say exactly the same thing as you do about your religion. See here...

http://www.comparativereligion.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:38:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 5:26:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:18:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:14:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

The phrase "Ultimate Reality" has no meaning other than the one you imagine in your head. Atheism doesn't adopt anything, it simply is a reaction to meaningless claims such as "Ultimate Reality is God"

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

That is an obvious lie.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.

Still have no clue what atheism is, do you.

The dictionary tells me that I am not unjustified in my belief that everything you say can pretty much be discounted as deceit.

The dictionary tells you that? LOL.

Okay, show me the definition of "Ultimate Reality" in a dictionary that agrees with you?

Yes, I know you can't. That's why your claims are vacuous and dishonest.

However, if you're interested, you will find most all religions say exactly the same thing as you do about your religion. See here...

http://www.comparativereligion.com...

The link talks about hindu'ism. Oh yeah!
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:40:42 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 5:26:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:18:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:14:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

The phrase "Ultimate Reality" has no meaning other than the one you imagine in your head. Atheism doesn't adopt anything, it simply is a reaction to meaningless claims such as "Ultimate Reality is God"

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

That is an obvious lie.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.

Still have no clue what atheism is, do you.

The dictionary tells me that I am not unjustified in my belief that everything you say can pretty much be discounted as deceit.

The dictionary tells you that? LOL.

Okay, show me the definition of "Ultimate Reality" in a dictionary that agrees with you?

Yes, I know you can't. That's why your claims are vacuous and dishonest.

However, if you're interested, you will find most all religions say exactly the same thing as you do about your religion. See here...

http://www.comparativereligion.com...

I think it's safe to say that God transcends religion, and this is pretty consistent with what I have been saying from the beginning. You are the one getting hung up over what to call a rose, not me. I've said repeatedly since I've been on this forum that this is a universal concept.

Oh what, you like Buddha? Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.". What do you think The Eightfold Path is about? It's about purifying the heart.

Whatever brings about God realization, I say. "Where two or more gather in My Name" it is written. What is that name? "The Salvation of The Ultimate Reality". We're talking about God here.

The things I speak of are very easy to accept. It's very easy for someone born into a Christian society to outwardly proclaim a foreign religion simply because they don't want to be accountable. Instead of being a sincere search for God, it becomes a way of bolstering one's pride.

That Name has another meaning. "The Truth Shall Set you Free".
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:25:39 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 5:18:47 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:14:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:09:51 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Atheism is a position that does not believe in The Ultimate Reality.

The phrase "Ultimate Reality" has no meaning other than the one you imagine in your head. Atheism doesn't adopt anything, it simply is a reaction to meaningless claims such as "Ultimate Reality is God"

In other words, they don't really even believe in right.

That is an obvious lie.

Oh but unless you know what their position actually means, they aren't going to make that too obvious. They'll tell you all sorts of things without outright saying that their very position entails that they lack conviction.

Still have no clue what atheism is, do you.

The dictionary tells me that I am not unjustified in my belief that everything you say can pretty much be discounted as deceit.

Says the man(?) who lies about his age.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:35:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

I accept its impossible to prove no God's exist. However there is no evidence of any God's so it's a sensible position to assume they don't exist. I can't definitively rule out the existence of life on The moon but I'm yet to see any evidence of it so it's sensible to assume there is no life on the moon. Until a theory has evidence supporting it believing it to be the truth is illogical.

Theists genuinely think their religions are the truth. They are not lying, they genuinely believe the scripture in their holy book is the truth.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

It's impossible. In the same way it is impossible to prove that ghosts don't exist. Because I can't prove ghosts don't exist should I believe they do exist without any evidence? How is that in any way logical?

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:40:38 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:35:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

I accept its impossible to prove no God's exist. However there is no evidence of any God's so it's a sensible position to assume they don't exist. I can't definitively rule out the existence of life on The moon but I'm yet to see any evidence of it so it's sensible to assume there is no life on the moon. Until a theory has evidence supporting it believing it to be the truth is illogical.

Theists genuinely think their religions are the truth. They are not lying, they genuinely believe the scripture in their holy book is the truth.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

It's impossible. In the same way it is impossible to prove that ghosts don't exist. Because I can't prove ghosts don't exist should I believe they do exist without any evidence? How is that in any way logical?

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

You are not using the word "God" correctly. There are no "Gods", there is only "God".

There is a difference between "god" and "God". The former can be plural, it is nonsensical for the later to be plural.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:44:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:40:38 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:35:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

I accept its impossible to prove no God's exist. However there is no evidence of any God's so it's a sensible position to assume they don't exist. I can't definitively rule out the existence of life on The moon but I'm yet to see any evidence of it so it's sensible to assume there is no life on the moon. Until a theory has evidence supporting it believing it to be the truth is illogical.

Theists genuinely think their religions are the truth. They are not lying, they genuinely believe the scripture in their holy book is the truth.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

It's impossible. In the same way it is impossible to prove that ghosts don't exist. Because I can't prove ghosts don't exist should I believe they do exist without any evidence? How is that in any way logical?

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

You are not using the word "God" correctly. There are no "Gods", there is only "God".

There is a difference between "god" and "God". The former can be plural, it is nonsensical for the later to be plural.

Many religions have multiple God's. Hinduism, a religion with 1 billion followers for example. It's entirely logical to use that term. I'm not discussing your religion but all forms of religion.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:59:36 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:44:03 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:40:38 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:35:28 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

I accept its impossible to prove no God's exist. However there is no evidence of any God's so it's a sensible position to assume they don't exist. I can't definitively rule out the existence of life on The moon but I'm yet to see any evidence of it so it's sensible to assume there is no life on the moon. Until a theory has evidence supporting it believing it to be the truth is illogical.

Theists genuinely think their religions are the truth. They are not lying, they genuinely believe the scripture in their holy book is the truth.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

It's impossible. In the same way it is impossible to prove that ghosts don't exist. Because I can't prove ghosts don't exist should I believe they do exist without any evidence? How is that in any way logical?

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

You are not using the word "God" correctly. There are no "Gods", there is only "God".

There is a difference between "god" and "God". The former can be plural, it is nonsensical for the later to be plural.

Many religions have multiple God's. Hinduism, a religion with 1 billion followers for example. It's entirely logical to use that term. I'm not discussing your religion but all forms of religion.

Full Definition of god
1
capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2
.: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3
.: a person or thing of supreme value
4
.: a powerful ruler

If you are going to dispute this, I'd even rather you use the name "Allah" over "God" if it is causing you to confuse "God" and "god". There is no plural form of the word "Allah", so you can't really do that.

But yes, this is a problem with the English language. "God" with a capital "G" does indeed mean something different than "god" with a lower case "g".
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:11:04 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

You cant prove that something doesnt exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Look at the solar system. It is designed. Who could design a solar system? Only god.

actually gravity acted upon the matter in the solar system to make it appear designed.
i recognize design, by comparing it to things that are not designed.
but you believe that everything is designed, so you have nothing to compare it to.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:33:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Your perspective is incorrect.

'Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy, coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872"1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others. Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion. He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong. Russell's teapot is still invoked in discussions concerning the existence of God, and in various other contexts.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Is this applicable to your question? If not, why?
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:06:25 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 9:33:51 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Your perspective is incorrect.

'Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy, coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872"1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others. Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion. He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong. Russell's teapot is still invoked in discussions concerning the existence of God, and in various other contexts.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Is this applicable to your question? If not, why?

Yes, it might be. People cannot prove the non-existence of something because the possibilities until it is actually proved to exist are endless. Therefore there is no hope for atheists until God comes back and who knows when that'll happen.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:17:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 10:06:25 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/16/2016 9:33:51 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Your perspective is incorrect.

'Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy, coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872"1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others. Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion. He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong. Russell's teapot is still invoked in discussions concerning the existence of God, and in various other contexts.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Is this applicable to your question? If not, why?

Yes, it might be. People cannot prove the non-existence of something because the possibilities until it is actually proved to exist are endless. Therefore there is no hope for atheists until God comes back and who knows when that'll happen.

No hope for what?
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:18:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 10:17:30 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 10:06:25 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/16/2016 9:33:51 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Your perspective is incorrect.

'Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy, coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872"1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others. Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion. He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong. Russell's teapot is still invoked in discussions concerning the existence of God, and in various other contexts.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Is this applicable to your question? If not, why?

Yes, it might be. People cannot prove the non-existence of something because the possibilities until it is actually proved to exist are endless. Therefore there is no hope for atheists until God comes back and who knows when that'll happen.

No hope for what?

To prove that god doesn't exist.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:19:42 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
The people who think that "God" is an assertion on the same level as other assertions doesn't understand what the concept represents.

It is counterproductive and impossible to disprove God. If you were capable of disproving God, it would undermine everything you are trying to prove/disprove.

It's a fools game for sure.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:36:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 10:18:40 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/16/2016 10:17:30 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 10:06:25 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/16/2016 9:33:51 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

Your perspective is incorrect.

'Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy, coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872"1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others. Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion. He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong. Russell's teapot is still invoked in discussions concerning the existence of God, and in various other contexts.'

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Is this applicable to your question? If not, why?

Yes, it might be. People cannot prove the non-existence of something because the possibilities until it is actually proved to exist are endless. Therefore there is no hope for atheists until God comes back and who knows when that'll happen.

No hope for what?

To prove that god doesn't exist.

I never tried to prove god didn't exist. I'm waiting for someone to prove he does exist.

Do you claim to have any knowledge about what he/it is like, what it wants, what opinions it has, whether it intervenes in humans' lives, etc? Where did you get this knowledge?
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:52:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
Look at the solar system. It is designed. Who could design a solar system? Only god.

Why not gods?
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:53:38 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

I'm agnostic so I don't deny any religion fully. But you also have a burden of proof if you claim that any god exists.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:58:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 10:53:38 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:06:56 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
All atheists ever seem to do is claim that other religions are a bunch of liars. And then when you ask them to prove that there is no god, all they do is go even further into saying that other religions and people who beleive are bunch of stupid idiots who can't explain themselves.

My challenge to atheists it to actually prove that god/gods doesn't exist.

My challenge to religious people is to prove that their god exists.

I'm agnostic so I don't deny any religion fully. But you also have a burden of proof if you claim that any god exists.

My BOP is that you can't prove God doesn't exist.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.