Total Posts:146|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What am I?

janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:02:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

Theism and atheism isn't about certainty, it's about what you believe. You can believe things but still be unsure about thing.

From the sound if it, you believe in a god, so you're a theist.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:19:29 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.

I am lying that I am only 99% sure God exists? How can you be sure of that? Can you read my mind?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:23:25 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:19:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.

I am lying that I am only 99% sure God exists? How can you be sure of that? Can you read my mind?

Correct.
You say that to all in the forum , but tonight before you go to bed you will pray to God and tell him you were only kidding. Cause you don't want to chance not going to heaven.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:25:20 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:23:25 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:19:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.

I am lying that I am only 99% sure God exists? How can you be sure of that? Can you read my mind?

Correct.
You say that to all in the forum , but tonight before you go to bed you will pray to God and tell him you were only kidding. Cause you don't want to chance not going to heaven.

I don't pray, and I don't believe in heaven. Not only are you are a dimwitted douchebag, but you can't read minds very well either.
film
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:36:27 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:25:20 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:23:25 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:19:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.

I am lying that I am only 99% sure God exists? How can you be sure of that? Can you read my mind?

Correct.
You say that to all in the forum , but tonight before you go to bed you will pray to God and tell him you were only kidding. Cause you don't want to chance not going to heaven.

I don't pray, and I don't believe in heaven. Not only are you are a dimwitted douchebag, but you can't read minds very well either.

Your the dimwitted one for believing in God 99%.
If you don't believe in heaven that less then 99%. You could of said 70% .
70% still means your dimwitted. But at least you don't lie.
I am not excepting 99% nor are you.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:36:35 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?

I think God created everything, including all that is evil. This bothers me the most.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:39:25 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:36:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?

I think God created everything, including all that is evil. This bothers me the most.

Have you EVER considered reaping and sowing (cause and effect)? How does God "create" evil? is evil an object, or is it a result?
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:41:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:36:27 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:25:20 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:23:25 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:19:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.

I am lying that I am only 99% sure God exists? How can you be sure of that? Can you read my mind?

Correct.
You say that to all in the forum , but tonight before you go to bed you will pray to God and tell him you were only kidding. Cause you don't want to chance not going to heaven.

I don't pray, and I don't believe in heaven. Not only are you are a dimwitted douchebag, but you can't read minds very well either.

Your the dimwitted one for believing in God 99%.
If you don't believe in heaven that less then 99%. You could of said 70% .
70% still means you're dimwitted. But at least you don't lie.
I am not accepting 99% nor are you.

Fixed. Now go back to school and take some English classes.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:44:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:39:25 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:36:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?

I think God created everything, including all that is evil. This bothers me the most.

Have you EVER considered reaping and sowing (cause and effect)? How does God "create" evil? is evil an object, or is it a result?

Jane? I'm sure you are aware that reaping and sowing (cause and effect) is a universal principle, one you will find in various religions as well as reality and the natural world. Is that something you've examined from all angles?? I think you should...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:44:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:41:15 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:36:27 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:25:20 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:23:25 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:19:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:16:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:00 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:09:55 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

A sinner.

What's a sinner?

A person who commits sin. Saying god is 99% true Is a sin.
And a liar as well.

I am lying that I am only 99% sure God exists? How can you be sure of that? Can you read my mind?

Correct.
You say that to all in the forum , but tonight before you go to bed you will pray to God and tell him you were only kidding. Cause you don't want to chance not going to heaven.

I don't pray, and I don't believe in heaven. Not only are you are a dimwitted douchebag, but you can't read minds very well either.

Your the dimwitted one for believing in God 99%.
If you don't believe in heaven that less then 99%. You could of said 70% .
70% still means you're dimwitted. But at least you don't lie.
I am not accepting 99% nor are you.

Fixed. Now go back to school and take some English classes.

If You come with me and learn simple math
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:46:20 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:39:25 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:36:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?

I think God created everything, including all that is evil. This bothers me the most.

Have you EVER considered reaping and sowing (cause and effect)? How does God "create" evil? is evil an object, or is it a result?

Who created spider wasps, who inject their young into the host spider, paralyzing it and devouring it live over a long period of time, for a slow painful death? God created spider wasps. Why create such brutality in nature? Why create human to have brute instincts, that they have to learn how to control? Why not just crate everything nice? Life has to feed on life. Why did God create it that way, when there are other options (such a photosynthesizing plants, where life doesn't have to feed on life).
film
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:56:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:46:20 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:39:25 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:36:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?

I think God created everything, including all that is evil. This bothers me the most.

Have you EVER considered reaping and sowing (cause and effect)? How does God "create" evil? is evil an object, or is it a result?

Who created spider wasps, who inject their young into the host spider, paralyzing it and devouring it live over a long period of time, for a slow painful death? God created spider wasps. Why create such brutality in nature? Why create human to have brute instincts, that they have to learn how to control? Why not just crate everything nice? Life has to feed on life. Why did God create it that way, when there are other options (such a photosynthesizing plants, where life doesn't have to feed on life).

Okay you mean natural evils okay now I'm with you. I haven't studied the spider wasp that much and I don't make any claims to know why it exists, how do I know God specifically created it? how do I know all angles or how it would benefit the environment IDK. I also see a distinction between the animal kingdom and humans, as the animal kingdom operates much more robotic, less emotional, more cold seemingly. So I don't really know if it's really as brutal as maybe you make it out to be in terms of what we experience as humans vs what bugs experience. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see nature as brutal or evil, very interesting perspective though, however I don't agree with it. Maybe it's just a matter of perspective and not a moral issue?
At first I assumed you meant moral evil, or evil that has been committed by the hands of men or spirit.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:18:29 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I can see how you would feel like that, but don't forget about the beauty, the peace, the delicate and gentleness of this universe as well! spider wasps are a small tiny percentage of this grand creation...what about butterflies?? I happen to see more beauty and awesome wonder than I do evil, especially in nature. I don't even think I could label nature as being evil, would you consider another perspective??
It's entirely possible (considering you believe in evolution) that some things came about just by happenstance (just a thought BTW) or what the environment dictated....
film
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:25:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.

now I'm really curious. which religion do you feel is divinely inspired?? and which one do you think is least accessible because of filters. Also, would you mind opening up to those filters based on your personal experience in life or what you have learned as a member on this site?
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:33:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:25:58 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.

now I'm really curious. which religion do you feel is divinely inspired?? and which one do you think is least accessible because of filters. Also, would you mind opening up to those filters based on your personal experience in life or what you have learned as a member on this site?

I think aspects of Christianity and Hinduism stem from people's experiences of kundalini. In Christianity, there is the issue of rebirth, and Jesus living for 33 years to me represents the 33 vertebrae in the human spine. Of course Hinduism has more direct references to kundalini. I think this is true because I have had the kundalini experience myself five years ago, and it's still happening. God opened my chakras.
film
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:46:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:33:33 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:25:58 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.

now I'm really curious. which religion do you feel is divinely inspired?? and which one do you think is least accessible because of filters. Also, would you mind opening up to those filters based on your personal experience in life or what you have learned as a member on this site?

I think aspects of Christianity and Hinduism stem from people's experiences of kundalini. In Christianity, there is the issue of rebirth, and Jesus living for 33 years to me represents the 33 vertebrae in the human spine. Of course Hinduism has more direct references to kundalini. I think this is true because I have had the kundalini experience myself five years ago, and it's still happening. God opened my chakras.

no, i don't think that is even remotely possible.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:53:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:33:33 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:25:58 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.

now I'm really curious. which religion do you feel is divinely inspired?? and which one do you think is least accessible because of filters. Also, would you mind opening up to those filters based on your personal experience in life or what you have learned as a member on this site?

I think aspects of Christianity and Hinduism stem from people's experiences of kundalini. In Christianity, there is the issue of rebirth, and Jesus living for 33 years to me represents the 33 vertebrae in the human spine. Of course Hinduism has more direct references to kundalini. I think this is true because I have had the kundalini experience myself five years ago, and it's still happening. God opened my chakras.

Then may I ask what the full scope of the definition for Kundalini is to you? I'm just curious as to how you package all of Christianity to mean that. Also, if you do believe that, why are you so repulsed by Christianity in the first place? or at least, that's the way you come across...
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:58:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:53:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:33:33 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:25:58 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.

now I'm really curious. which religion do you feel is divinely inspired?? and which one do you think is least accessible because of filters. Also, would you mind opening up to those filters based on your personal experience in life or what you have learned as a member on this site?

I think aspects of Christianity and Hinduism stem from people's experiences of kundalini. In Christianity, there is the issue of rebirth, and Jesus living for 33 years to me represents the 33 vertebrae in the human spine. Of course Hinduism has more direct references to kundalini. I think this is true because I have had the kundalini experience myself five years ago, and it's still happening. God opened my chakras.

Then may I ask what the full scope of the definition for Kundalini is to you?

I don't know the full scope of the definition of kundalini. I am not through it yet.

I'm just curious as to how you package all of Christianity to mean that.

I never said that. I said "aspects" of Christianity.

Also, if you do believe that, why are you so repulsed by Christianity in the first place? or at least, that's the way you come across...

I don't believe people should get to go to "heaven" and forgiven of all their sins, just in exchange for believing in Jesus, while the rest of us go to hell for eternal torment. People should take full responsibility for their actions.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:01:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:58:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:53:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:33:33 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:25:58 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:58:10 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:52:23 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:31:48 PM, film wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

that is interesting. if you were asked to choose a religion, which one do you think is closest to your personal views about all that matters ?

No religion seems to be close to my beliefs. But I also haven't studied religion deeply enough to be confident of that.

i suggest you should study various religions first.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that periodically throughout my life. I have a feeling that most religions have some of it right. I think certain religions are probably divinely inspired, but get filtered through the biases of the human mind.

now I'm really curious. which religion do you feel is divinely inspired?? and which one do you think is least accessible because of filters. Also, would you mind opening up to those filters based on your personal experience in life or what you have learned as a member on this site?

I think aspects of Christianity and Hinduism stem from people's experiences of kundalini. In Christianity, there is the issue of rebirth, and Jesus living for 33 years to me represents the 33 vertebrae in the human spine. Of course Hinduism has more direct references to kundalini. I think this is true because I have had the kundalini experience myself five years ago, and it's still happening. God opened my chakras.

Then may I ask what the full scope of the definition for Kundalini is to you?

I don't know the full scope of the definition of kundalini. I am not through it yet.

I'm just curious as to how you package all of Christianity to mean that.

I never said that. I said "aspects" of Christianity.

Also, if you do believe that, why are you so repulsed by Christianity in the first place? or at least, that's the way you come across...

I don't believe people should get to go to "heaven" and forgiven of all their sins, just in exchange for believing in Jesus, while the rest of us go to hell for eternal torment. People should take full responsibility for their actions.

That's not what happens, I've told you that over and over. And yet, you can never show me any scriptures where you learned it. Did you read the chapter about abiding, or did you ignore me again? You've picked up on generic false doctrines without any real effort to support them, then claim it like it's a real thing, how sad. I think you're just trying to get under my skin, you can't be that dull, you are a bright person.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:22:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:36:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:34:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

Just go with Theist, it's a perfectly rational choice, and one that's true :)


I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

You sound human, it's fine to question but anything can become a hindrance. The danger is that you can talk yourself out of pretty much anything, especially when playing with philosophy and theology. There comes a time when you should just be still/quiet, enjoy and soak up everything you've learned and the things you feel confidence in and know you are the right path. Don't forget, this is a journey, a cultivation and an experience, believing in God is not just a one time decision, it's a lifetime/lifestyle of fun and discovery. The spiritual is incredibly dynamic...imagine if you just found out the truth and that's all there was to it lol?? that would suck, rather there are many things to unlock, keep pressing forward.
Is believing in God or knowing He exists bother you, if so could you elaborate on that?

I think God created everything, including all that is evil. This bothers me the most.

Evil exists because we have knowledge. If we think it is evil, then do it, that is evil. It's a matter of the heart.

If you don't make puppets, evil will manifest. The only way God can experience real love directed at Hm is to simply let evil exist, otherwise the love is fake.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:26:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 1:48:09 PM, janesix wrote:
I am only 99% sure that God exist.

What does that make me? A theist? Atheist? Agnostic?

I feel that I am not sure God exists, and I am always questioning it. I would like to be certain, but I can't for some reason. I don't really want to believe in God a lot of the time.

Agnostic. To be a theist you would be 100% sure