Words Of GOD

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 5:54:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 5:20:44 PM, UUU wrote:
Is there a way to authenticate words of god?

Application.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 5:59:04 PM
Yeah, first authenticate a god and go from there.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 5:59:24 PM

I suppose it would be dependent on the definition of god and if it is in agreement with that definition.

For example, it could be assumed that an all-powerful god would have the ability to communicate in a manner that is clear and concise with meaning that is not debatable. He would also have the ability to communicate without his words being subject to incorrect translation.

If he was all-knowing, he would know that the meaning of books attributed to divine revelation would be hotly debated and misunderstood and subject to incorrect translation.

If the above is true, an all-knowing and all-powerful god has not communicated with us, at least with words.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 6:22:50 PM
At 7/14/2016 5:59:24 PM, matt8800 wrote:

I suppose it would be dependent on the definition of god and if it is in agreement with that definition.

For example, it could be assumed that an all-powerful god would have the ability to communicate in a manner that is clear and concise with meaning that is not debatable.

Are you saying this does not happen? then maybe you haven't considered practitioners, do you listen to health professionals about your health? do you listen to your auto mechanic about what you don't know about your car? why do you dismiss spiritual masters that can reveal things to you about spiritual truth? this is the way life works, we learn from others that may know more than ourselves.
Spirituality is the same way, it's that way for a reason. There is no difference in learning here, we listen, apply and observe. If there is nothing to observe we move on. Fortunately for you and everyone else, there is plenty to uncover/observe.

If he was all-knowing, he would know that the meaning of books attributed to divine revelation would be hotly debated and misunderstood and subject to incorrect translation.

There is nothing missing in scripture in it's application, what's applicable to us.

If the above is true, an all-knowing and all-powerful god has not communicated with us, at least with words.

No, God has not communicated with an atheist mindset and a materialist ideology. You can't have both, you must discard the one for the other.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 11:28:51 PM

Yes, when God reveals himself to the world and speaks. Other than that, all other words in all holy books were written by men.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 11:33:02 PM
At 7/14/2016 6:22:50 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

For example, it could be assumed that an all-powerful god would have the ability to communicate in a manner that is clear and concise with meaning that is not debatable.

Are you saying this does not happen? then maybe you haven't considered practitioners, do you listen to health professionals about your health? do you listen to your auto mechanic about what you don't know about your car? why do you dismiss spiritual masters that can reveal things to you about spiritual truth?

Health and cars are real things, they exist. The spiritual has never been shown to exist, it is a meaningless word.

this is the way life works, we learn from others that may know more than ourselves.

But, there is a clear distinction as to what is real and what is not.

Spirituality is the same way, it's that way for a reason. There is no difference in learning here, we listen, apply and observe. If there is nothing to observe we move on. Fortunately for you and everyone else, there is plenty to uncover/observe.

There is absolutely nothing to observe with spiritual. Nada. Zip. Zero.

There is nothing missing in scripture in it's application, what's applicable to us.

No, God has not communicated with an atheist mindset and a materialist ideology.

No one has communicated with gods, they are mentally unstable people who hallucinate and hear voices, they require professional help.

You can't have both, you must discard the one for the other.

The spiritual has been discarded.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:04:57 AM
At 7/14/2016 11:33:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Are you saying this does not happen? then maybe you haven't considered practitioners, do you listen to health professionals about your health? do you listen to your auto mechanic about what you don't know about your car? why do you dismiss spiritual masters that can reveal things to you about spiritual truth?

Health and cars are real things, they exist. The spiritual has never been shown to exist, it is a meaningless word.

Has never been shown to exist for whom? maybe you could confirm that...

this is the way life works, we learn from others that may know more than ourselves.

Yes there is, why trod the old atheist materialist mindset??

In atheism, yep, zero, zip nada. Anything else you would like to report?

No, God has not communicated with an atheist mindset and a materialist ideology.

No one has communicated with gods, they are mentally unstable people who hallucinate and hear voices, they require professional help.

You require professional help, that's what your ideology dictates, enjoy my friend. Let me know when you are ready to move them obstacles, I love you and that's all that matters in the end, Jesus loved you and paved the way.

By none other than "atheists".... LOL.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:26:38 AM

Are you saying this does not happen?

Yes, that is what I am saying. The reason why the bible is so hotly debated is because it is far from clear. Even various Christian sects cant agree on what the bible says. Sounds like someone did a poor job communicating when they wrote the bible. If I wrote instructions for something important, there would be no confusion so if god did write the bible, then I am a superior communicator than god.

then maybe you haven't considered practitioners, do you listen to health professionals about your health? do you listen to your auto mechanic about what you don't know about your car? why do you dismiss spiritual masters that can reveal things to you about spiritual truth? this is the way life works, we learn from others that may know more than ourselves.

If God is all powerful, why cant he just communicate himself? Yes, I listen to a mechanic but I don't listen to a non-mechanic that claims a mechanic speaks to him in his head.

I don't know what that is supposed to mean but Ill take that as your concession that there has been disagreements as to interpretation. If that's true, clarity is one of the things missing, among many other things.

No, God has not communicated with an atheist mindset and a materialist ideology. You can't have both, you must discard the one for the other.

No god has communicated with a theist either. It is just voices in their head and hearsay from others that hear voices in their head. I have heard people that think they are 'speaking in tongues'. They think they are actually speaking another language but they are simply repeating the same nonsense words they are making up. They are delusional.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:39:53 AM
At 7/15/2016 12:26:38 AM, matt8800 wrote:

Are you saying this does not happen?

Yes, that is what I am saying. The reason why the bible is so hotly debated is because it is far from clear. Even various Christian sects cant agree on what the bible says. Sounds like someone did a poor job communicating when they wrote the bible. If I wrote instructions for something important, there would be no confusion so if god did write the bible, then I am a superior communicator than god.

Then perhaps you could communicate what God did a poor job at....

then maybe you haven't considered practitioners, do you listen to health professionals about your health? do you listen to your auto mechanic about what you don't know about your car? why do you dismiss spiritual masters that can reveal things to you about spiritual truth? this is the way life works, we learn from others that may know more than ourselves.

If God is all powerful, why cant he just communicate himself? Yes, I listen to a mechanic but I don't listen to a non-mechanic that claims a mechanic speaks to him in his head.

So you know of a mechanic that claims speaking in his head? Speaking in one's head is not proportionist to what is reality. You listen to a mechanic but not a spiritualist?? how convenient, you decide what reality is....is that what you claim??

I don't know what that is supposed to mean but Ill take that as your concession that there has been disagreements as to interpretation. If that's true, clarity is one of the things missing, among many other things.

No. It was no concession other than you are missing clarity.... disagreements as to interpretation is no issue, just for you apparently.

No god has communicated with a theist either. It is just voices in their head and hearsay from others that hear voices in their head. I have heard people that think they are 'speaking in tongues'. They think they are actually speaking another language but they are simply repeating the same nonsense words they are making up. They are delusional.

So as a Theist you heard "voices" in your head? Thanks for your opinion. But mental illness is not the issue, that's what atheism wants you to believe.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:42:01 AM
At 7/15/2016 12:04:57 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

For anyone of course.

In other words, what is real.

Atheism makes no claims, it simply does not accept yours. What's to observe?

You require professional help,

And, like a small child who hasn't the capacity to think beyond a single dimension, you repeat, like a rote parrot exactly what I said to you. The only difference is who is actually pretending to see and hear things.

that's what your ideology dictates, enjoy my friend. Let me know when you are ready to move them obstacles, I love you and that's all that matters

No, you don't, that is a blatant lie meant to be an insult. Fail.

in the end, Jesus loved you and paved the way.

No, he didn't, Jesus did not know me nor I him. You don't know him either, you read words in a book written by other men centuries ago, and you really, really, really want to believe them. so you do.

Reality has also discarded the spiritual. It is a simple matter to show you that which exists in reality. Please show us the spiritual in reality and I'll change my mind.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:55:56 AM
At 7/15/2016 12:42:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

For anyone of course.

No, you mean atheists, to confirm what was said it would be everyone to show the spiritual to not exist, that's a falsity.

Yes there is, and the material existence is baloney. According to most humans....

Because of it's mindset, how could it accept anything other than materialism?? What's to observe is spiritual principles...

And, like a small child who hasn't the capacity to think beyond a single dimension, you repeat, like a rote parrot exactly what I said to you. The only difference is who is actually pretending to see and hear things.

'Who hasn't the capacity to think beyond a single dimension"? you must be referring to someone else? who is that?

that's what your ideology dictates, enjoy my friend. Let me know when you are ready to move them obstacles, I love you and that's all that matters

What's an insult? what's a blatant lie and how would you know?

No, he didn't, Jesus did not know me nor I him. You don't know him either, you read words in a book written by other men centuries ago, and you really, really, really want to believe them. so you do.

Say that again, I don't believe you....

Reality has also discarded the spiritual. It is a simple matter to show you that which exists in reality. Please show us the spiritual in reality and I'll change my mind.

I would love to show you the spiritual, what are willing to give up in return?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:40:50 AM
At 7/15/2016 12:55:56 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/15/2016 12:42:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

For anyone of course.

No, you mean atheists, to confirm what was said it would be everyone to show the spiritual to not exist, that's a falsity.

No, that's called reality.

Yes there is, and the material existence is baloney. According to most humans....

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Because of it's mindset,

There is no mindset. Again, you have no idea what atheism is all about.

how could it accept anything other than materialism??

It's called reality. not materialism.

What's to observe is spiritual principles...

Principles are principles, adding the word spiritual is meaningless.

'Who hasn't the capacity to think beyond a single dimension"? you must be referring to someone else? who is that?

To clarify, that would be you.

What's an insult? what's a blatant lie and how would you know?

Say that again, I don't believe you....

I would love to show you the spiritual, what are willing to give up in return?

Please. you can no more show the spiritual than you can to ride a unicorn. You've had ample opportunity, saying that now only shows how childish you are.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 6:21:32 AM
At 7/15/2016 5:55:43 AM, UUU wrote:
DanneJeRusse,

What is subconscious mind?

Have you authenticated a god yet?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 7:02:46 AM

I have to disagree with you on one point, Dan. Some of those who claim to have communicated with gods are extremely sane and intelligent. They recognise a quick route to power and money.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 7:16:32 AM

No, just as there is no way to prove it actually exists. It is much more likely humans created god and put the words into its mouth.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 7:48:45 AM
God talked thousands of years ago.
But not now. I suspect his dead.
Well I am concerned for his wellbeing.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:00:00 AM

Are you saying this does not happen? then maybe you haven't considered practitioners, do you listen to health professionals about your health? do you listen to your auto mechanic about what you don't know about your car? why do you dismiss spiritual masters that can reveal things to you about spiritual truth? this is the way life works, we learn from others that may know more than ourselves.

And God has never, ever communicated with a theist in any manner whatsoever. Whoever claims that God has communicated with him is either delusional, or a liar.
The same goes for "spiritual masters" who make a living out of misleading others.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:57:59 PM
DanneJeRusse,

Of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one's actions and feelings.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:47:52 PM
At 7/15/2016 12:57:59 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
DanneJeRusse,

Of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one's actions and feelings.

word salad.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:52:51 PM
At 7/15/2016 6:21:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
DanneJeRusse,

Have you authenticated a god yet?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:37:52 PM
At 7/15/2016 4:47:52 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/15/2016 12:57:59 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
DanneJeRusse,

word salad.

Yes, I can understand how direct definitions of words confuse you.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:23:20 AM
At 7/15/2016 9:00:00 AM, Willows wrote:

And God has never, ever communicated with a theist in any manner whatsoever. Whoever claims that God has communicated with him is either delusional, or a liar.
The same goes for "spiritual masters" who make a living out of misleading others.

That's very thoughtful of you. Would you like to discuss something or do you just want to play ad homs?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:41:14 AM

Fallacy of omniscience, you're incapable of knowing what anyone, I.E. everyone has or hasn't done.

Your whole post is filled with claims to absolute knowledge of things. You don't possess absolute knowledge...try stating something you know instead of over compensating by claiming absolutes.
SJM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:47:00 AM
At 7/18/2016 1:41:14 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Fallacy of omniscience, you're incapable of knowing what anyone, I.E. everyone has or hasn't done.

Your whole post is filled with claims to absolute knowledge of things. You don't possess absolute knowledge...try stating something you know instead of over compensating by claiming absolutes.

I'm absolutely not absolute.
Hitler- If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

Stalin- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

Machiavelli- It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Ivan the Terrible- "I will not see the destruction of the Christian converts who are loyal to me, and to my last breath I will fight for the Orthodox faith
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:34:49 AM
At 7/18/2016 1:47:00 AM, SJM wrote:
At 7/18/2016 1:41:14 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

I'm absolutely not absolute.
Dialetheism maintains the thesis that there are true contra-
dictions, paradoxical sentences obtained from self-reference are dialetheiae. Self referenced propositions can be viciously circular.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 11:09:13 AM
At 7/18/2016 1:23:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

That's very thoughtful of you. Would you like to discuss something or do you just want to play ad homs?

It would be ad hom to somebody who is deluded yet factual information to anyone else.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 12:44:33 PM
At 7/18/2016 11:09:13 AM, Willows wrote:

It would be ad hom to somebody who is deluded yet factual information to anyone else.

So you come to the table with preconceived ideas, but your preconceived ideas aren't facts. Get your facts straight, if you want to be a free thinker stop being controlled and blindsided. If you swallow the lie that all spiritual people are delusional and lying then you are doing the same thing you probably accuse theists of, confirmation bias. So you got anything besides ad hom?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 12:57:31 PM
At 7/18/2016 12:44:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/18/2016 11:09:13 AM, Willows wrote:

So you come to the table with preconceived ideas, but your preconceived ideas aren't facts. Get your facts straight, if you want to be a free thinker stop being controlled and blindsided. If you swallow the lie that all spiritual people are delusional and lying then you are doing the same thing you probably accuse theists of, confirmation bias. So you got anything besides ad hom?

I made an accurate statement of fact and qualified it with a logical conclusion. If you have any evidence of God or any other spiritual presence communicating with you or anyone else would you kindly present it?