Jump to topic:

Interesting Religions

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 6:24:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
What are some religions that fascinate you or seriously pique your interest, even though you don't ascribe to them and why?

Is there any religion that you have thought about converting to? What stops you?
President of DDO
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:04:30 PM
At 7/14/2016 6:24:28 PM, Danielle wrote:
What are some religions that fascinate you or seriously pique your interest, even though you don't ascribe to them and why?

Is there any religion that you have thought about converting to? What stops you?

Response: I research all religions, but none compare to Islam.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:07:56 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:04:30 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Is islam the only one that will allow six year old children to show you their like of sex?
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:17:18 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:04:30 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: How long did you research the topic, again? There are over 4000 different religions, not counting different denominations. You claim you've studied them all...

Studied them for how long?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:19:28 PM

I know next to nothing about it, and would not convert to any religion, but Zoroastrianism seems exotic and intriguing.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:20:32 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:17:18 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: How long did you research the topic, again? There are over 4000 different religions, not counting different denominations. You claim you've studied them all...

Response: A long time.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:21:29 PM

Urantia
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:22:20 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:20:32 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 7:17:18 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: A long time.
Response: Answer in number of years, please.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:23:00 PM
Short Urantia video-

"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:28:02 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:23:08 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 7:22:20 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: A lot of years.

Response: A lot is not a number, in case you didn't know. How many years did it take you to allegedly study all of the religions in the world?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:29:02 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:28:02 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/14/2016 7:23:08 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 7:22:20 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: A lot of years.

Response: A lot is not a number, in case you didn't know. How many years did it take you to allegedly study all of the religions in the world?

6 days. I rested on the 7th.

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:33:49 PM

Response: More than a few years.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:38:34 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:33:49 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Still not a number. How many years did it take you to study all of world's religions? 3,4,8, 20, 30?

Bronco """studied""" evolution for 30 years. Did the two of you study together?

A number, please. You do know what a natural number is, don't you?
A number.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:44:42 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:38:34 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: Still not a number. How many years did it take you to study all of world's religions? 3,4,8, 20, 30?

A number.

Response: A lot.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:45:24 PM

A number.

You don't really expect to get an honest answer from Fati, do you?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:47:08 PM

How does Islam exceed Christianity materially or spiritually? that is not possible. Christianity exceeds Islam in every direction, there is no comparison really. One is carnal the other spiritual.

Perhaps you could guide me to any particular spiritual truths that the Bible does not already cover.... that Islam has taught.... I'm not asking for a reverse question BTW, I'm genuinely curious, what has Islam taught spiritually that Christianity has not already had or taught? give me more than doctrines please, as doctrines are not Christianity/ Jesus taught, show me something in Islam that is unique, particularly concepts....
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:52:43 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:44:42 PM, Fatihah wrote:

A number.

Response: A lot.

Response: In conclusion, you do not know what a natural number is. 5 year olds know what natural numbers are, yet you do not. I suppose you spent all those years studying religion but avoided arithmetic like the bacon.

Since you cannot remmebr, then I cannot believe you.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:57:36 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:47:08 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

How does Islam exceed Christianity materially or spiritually? that is not possible. Christianity exceeds Islam in every direction, there is no comparison really. One is carnal the other spiritual.

Perhaps you could guide me to any particular spiritual truths that the Bible does not already cover.... that Islam has taught.... I'm not asking for a reverse question BTW, I'm genuinely curious, what has Islam taught spiritually that Christianity has not already had or taught? give me more than doctrines please, as doctrines are not Christianity/ Jesus taught, show me something in Islam that is unique, particularly concepts....

Response: The biggest difference is that Islam is the true religion. Islam means submission to the will of Allah (God), which is what all the prophets have done. So even Jesus is a Muslim and a Prophet. Furthermore, Christianity teaches the same principles, but there is no method or manner to attain them. For example, if I asked you as a Christian how to create brotherhood, your answer will be your answer. Not something found in scripture. Islam on the other hand has several acts to do so, such as the way we pray. This is just a few differences.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:00:12 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:52:43 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: In conclusion, you do not know what a natural number is. 5 year olds know what natural numbers are, yet you do not. I suppose you spent all those years studying religion but avoided arithmetic like the bacon.

Response: In conclusion, you are still deluded. Stop being a deluded troll and learn to count somewhere else.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:01:21 PM
At 7/14/2016 7:57:36 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 7:47:08 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Response: The biggest difference is that Islam is the true religion. Islam means submission to the will of Allah (God), which is what all the prophets have done. So even Jesus is a Muslim and a Prophet. Furthermore, Christianity teaches the same principles, but there is no method or manner to attain them. For example, if I asked you as a Christian how to create brotherhood, your answer will be your answer. Not something found in scripture. Islam on the other hand has several acts to do so, such as the way we pray. This is just a few differences.

Submission to God is Christianity, read the Bible. Christianity not only teaches spiritual principles, but how to attain them, I can show you of course, but you have to pick out a principle. Read the Gospels and epistles, they are littered with them. If you don't think Jesus represents prayer, you have not come this far yet. There is no comparison in beings when it comes to prayer, Jesus is the epitome of that.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:04:31 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:00:12 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 7:52:43 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Response: In conclusion, you are still deluded. Stop being a deluded troll and learn to count somewhere else.

Response: In conclusion, learn basic arithmetic, what a natural number is. "More than a few" is not a natural number. No way! You didn't know? I guess they don't teach such advanced topics down at the Islamic School.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:06:11 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Submission to God is Christianity, read the Bible. Christianity not only teaches spiritual principles, but how to attain them, I can show you of course, but you have to pick out a principle. Read the Gospels and epistles, they are littered with them. If you don't think Jesus represents prayer, you have not come this far yet. There is no comparison in beings when it comes to prayer, Jesus is the epitome of that.

Response: The Bible is not the word or inspired word of God. There are dozens of errors and outright indecency in it. So the Bible is not a basis for submission to God. I can show you the verses if you want to go there. Jesus was not killed or crucified and even the Bible is proof of it and to say he was is blasphemous.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:11:45 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:06:11 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 8:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Response: The Bible is not the word or inspired word of God. There are dozens of errors and outright indecency in it. So the Bible is not a basis for submission to God. I can show you the verses if you want to go there. Jesus was not killed or crucified and even the Bible is proof of it and to say he was is blasphemous.

The principles are the basis for it, I didn't ask about your opinions whether or not it was inspired.
Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 22
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

James 4
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Need more where that came from??
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:20:12 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:11:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

The principles are the basis for it, I didn't ask about your opinions whether or not it was inspired.
Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 22
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

James 4
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Response: I didn't ask you what you asked for. I'm still telling you that the Bible is not the word or inspired word of God, nor was Jesus killed or crucified, nor is He God or part of a trinity. So providing a list of principles that lead to falsehood and false worship is not a spiritual benefit.

Furthermore, your list mentions nothing spectacular or exclusive to Christianity only. So there is nothing unique or special.

Islam prescribes fasting, a month where the whole Muslim world commits to sacrifice of no food or drink or sexual relations or indecency and instead, devote to charity and increasing good deeds and recitation of the Qur'an. This is much better spiritual benefit.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:35:59 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:20:12 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 8:11:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Matthew 6

Matthew 22

James 4

Response: I didn't ask you what you asked for. I'm still telling you that the Bible is not the word or inspired word of God, nor was Jesus killed or crucified, nor is He God or part of a trinity. So providing a list of principles that lead to falsehood and false worship is not a spiritual benefit.

Telling me means nothing, I showed you the same principle, then you dismiss it...where is this false worship in these principles?? show me the falsity in them.

Furthermore, your list mentions nothing spectacular or exclusive to Christianity only. So there is nothing unique or special.

Of course, they are exclusive to Christianity when I give you a verse lol, but part of my point is that universal principles apply. Not just in Islam, I asked you for scriptures, you have only given opinions.

Islam prescribes fasting, a month where the whole Muslim world commits to sacrifice of no food or drink or sexual relations or indecency and instead, devote to charity and increasing good deeds and recitation of the Qur'an. This is much better spiritual benefit.

Does not Christianity embrace fasting?? who is the one who fasted for 40 days and nights lol??? who's is the religion who regulates sexual relations?? charity, deeds lol? you haven't read the Bible have you son?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:45:33 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:35:59 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Telling me means nothing, I showed you the same principle, then you dismiss it...where is this false worship in these principles?? show me the falsity in them.

Response: Stating it means nothing also means nothing.

Of course, they are exclusive to Christianity when I give you a verse lol, but part of my point is that universal principles apply. Not just in Islam, I asked you for scriptures, you have only given opinions.

Response: Exclusive does not mean "a verse". So the laugh is on you by stating it's exclusive because of a verse.

Does not Christianity embrace fasting?? who is the one who fasted for 40 days and nights lol??? who's is the religion who regulates sexual relations?? charity, deeds lol? you haven't read the Bible have you son?

Response: You have no fasting ritual in Christianity, especially one like Islam. By ritual, that means there is a certain period that you fast every year with certain customs that is prescribed from the Bible itself. You have none. The laugh is on you.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 8:51:47 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:45:33 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 8:35:59 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Response: Stating it means nothing also means nothing.

Then what does stating it mean? show me the falsity in them or shut your pie hole. Which will it be, show me or don't?

Response: Exclusive does not mean "a verse". So the laugh is on you by stating it's exclusive because of a verse.

Exclusive to Christian scripture you silly man, otherwise what is it exclusive to? So yes, the laugh is on my end, good job.

Response: You have no fasting ritual in Christianity, especially one like Islam. By ritual, that means there is a certain period that you fast every year with certain customs that is prescribed from the Bible itself. You have none. The laugh is on you.

That's correct, we do not base our relations with God on rituals, but what is relevant to us spirituality, individually, whether that be fasting, prayer, devotion, observing spiritual principles ect ect... why do you dismiss these elements in Christianity? I've fasted many times, plan to many more times....the difference is that it's not a ritual, it's spontaneous, meaning it comes from the heart, not some command.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 9:06:54 PM
At 7/14/2016 8:51:47 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Then what does stating it mean? show me the falsity in them or shut your pie hole. Which will it be, show me or don't?

Response: It means your religion is false, but since you too scared to talk about your false Bible, I'll spare you the embarrassment and won't quote the porn, errors, and outright filth in your Bible.

Exclusive to Christian scripture you silly man, otherwise what is it exclusive to? So yes, the laugh is on my end, good job.

Response: it's not exclusive to Christian scripture. Dummy. Christians are not the only one to advise people of what is said in those verses idiot.

That's correct, we do not base our relations with God on rituals, but what is relevant to us spirituality, individually, whether that be fasting, prayer, devotion, observing spiritual principles ect ect... why do you dismiss these elements in Christianity? I've fasted many times, plan to many more times....the difference is that it's not a ritual, it's spontaneous, meaning it comes from the heart, not some command.

Response: Exactly. You have no rituals. So you have nothing spiritual in Christianity that differs from anything else. All you have is talking, yet no rituals. You just made my point.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 9:38:54 PM
At 7/14/2016 9:06:54 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/14/2016 8:51:47 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Response: It means your religion is false, but since you too scared to talk about your false Bible, I'll spare you the embarrassment and won't quote the porn, errors, and outright filth in your Bible.

You haven't shown that, the only filth is in your own religion. You haven't shown the principles I supplied to be false or in error, all you have is your ignorant opinion.

Response: it's not exclusive to Christian scripture. Dummy. Christians are not the only one to advise people of what is said in those verses idiot.

That was not the argument, idiot, it was to show you it's not exclusive to Islam lol, that Christianity shows the same things and much more. Show me where the principles are in error rather than make stupid claims. I showed you the principle you claimed was not a part of Christianity, you have yet to refute that point.

Response: Exactly. You have no rituals. So you have nothing spiritual in Christianity that differs from anything else. All you have is talking, yet no rituals. You just made my point.

No, I did not, I refuted your ignorant point. Rituals do not equal spirituality, grow up. Rituals are for people who don't have any spirituality, they need to be told what to do.