Jump to topic:

Christmas - Satan's claw

the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 6:16:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Should Christians join in on the Pagan festivities ?

We have two birthday celebrations in scripture, one for the pharaoh who ordered the death of his baker and the other for Herod who ordered the death of John the baptizer, that's it !

Jesus was visited by an unknown number of dignitaries/Magi who left three Gifts as the custom was for Royalty to be visited at birth, It was not a celebration, - Gold was to signify his royalty, Myrrh, for his humanity, and frankincense, his divine nature. There Is no record of the apostles or anyone celebrating the birth or birthday of Jesus.

Gold: is associated with Kings and Christians believe that Jesus is the King of Kings.
Frankincense: is sometimes used in worship in Churches and showed that people child worship Jesus.
Myrrh: when crushed is a perfume that is put on dead bodies to make them smell nice and showed that Jesus would suffer and die. - this is why we have a sweet smelling Saviour Eph 5:2- it is also used in Revelations to describe the Christians who were crushed by Rome, when describing the prophesy of the seven churches, Period #2 AD 100-312 Rev. 2:8-11: "SMYRNA" means "Myrrh"

But we are never taught to celebrate birthdays, Jesus said "remember my death", Jesus wasn't even born in December,
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 1:21:55 PM
H.F.I.L. YES!!!
q . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 6:45:58 PM
Merry http://en.wikipedia.org...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.