Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

The Secret/Law Of Attraction

Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:34:04 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I just read about these New Age self help activists. Here are some information about them https://en.wikipedia.org...(book) . Their whole thing is a claim that one could attract whatever you want into your life by solely wanting it strongly. When you want something strongly, the "Universe" will allegedly give it to you, and they explain this action by advanced terms of quantum physics. They also say that you actually are responsible for bad things happening in your life as well. If you were downsized from your job, you begged for it to happen. Etc etc. It also make claims about how you can cure cancer by positive thinking, and I guess they claim cancer patients "attracted" the cancer to themselves in the first place.

So by these logics, I guess African starving children aren't wanting the food enough in order to cease their starvation?
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:59:26 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 10:34:04 AM, Jovian wrote:
I just read about these New Age self help activists. Here are some information about them https://en.wikipedia.org...(book) . Their whole thing is a claim that one could attract whatever you want into your life by solely wanting it strongly. When you want something strongly, the "Universe" will allegedly give it to you, and they explain this action by advanced terms of quantum physics. They also say that you actually are responsible for bad things happening in your life as well. If you were downsized from your job, you begged for it to happen. Etc etc. It also make claims about how you can cure cancer by positive thinking, and I guess they claim cancer patients "attracted" the cancer to themselves in the first place.

So by these logics, I guess African starving children aren't wanting the food enough in order to cease their starvation?

So why don't you test your "logic"? Cover yourself completely with food then stand in the middle of a refugee camp in Rwanda and see what happens next.
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:04:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 11:59:26 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:34:04 AM, Jovian wrote:
I just read about these New Age self help activists. Here are some information about them https://en.wikipedia.org...(book) . Their whole thing is a claim that one could attract whatever you want into your life by solely wanting it strongly. When you want something strongly, the "Universe" will allegedly give it to you, and they explain this action by advanced terms of quantum physics. They also say that you actually are responsible for bad things happening in your life as well. If you were downsized from your job, you begged for it to happen. Etc etc. It also make claims about how you can cure cancer by positive thinking, and I guess they claim cancer patients "attracted" the cancer to themselves in the first place.

So by these logics, I guess African starving children aren't wanting the food enough in order to cease their starvation?

So why don't you test your "logic"? Cover yourself completely with food then stand in the middle of a refugee camp in Rwanda and see what happens next.

I didn't say I believed in it, let alone anything in the whole ideology. I although wonder what the activists behind the ideology would answer to why the African children aren't attracting food to themselves.
Willows
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:43:24 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 12:04:53 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 7/15/2016 11:59:26 AM, Willows wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:34:04 AM, Jovian wrote:
I just read about these New Age self help activists. Here are some information about them https://en.wikipedia.org...(book) . Their whole thing is a claim that one could attract whatever you want into your life by solely wanting it strongly. When you want something strongly, the "Universe" will allegedly give it to you, and they explain this action by advanced terms of quantum physics. They also say that you actually are responsible for bad things happening in your life as well. If you were downsized from your job, you begged for it to happen. Etc etc. It also make claims about how you can cure cancer by positive thinking, and I guess they claim cancer patients "attracted" the cancer to themselves in the first place.

So by these logics, I guess African starving children aren't wanting the food enough in order to cease their starvation?

So why don't you test your "logic"? Cover yourself completely with food then stand in the middle of a refugee camp in Rwanda and see what happens next.

I didn't say I believed in it, let alone anything in the whole ideology. I although wonder what the activists behind the ideology would answer to why the African children aren't attracting food to themselves.

I guess its what you call "Karma". I'm not spiritual in any way but I think that it doesn't hurt to think sometimes that what goes around comes around. What really gets my goat is people who deliberately exploit the concept for personal gain such as astrologers, numerologists and clairvoyants.