Jump to topic:

Convert me

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:39:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Convert me to Islam. Tell me what it has to offer over being Christian.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:42:17 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:39:02 PM, sadolite wrote:

Response: The Bible is not the word or inspired word of God.

Lev.14: 49-53- To clean the house from a plague, sprinkle the house with the blood of dead birds.

Lev.12: 1-5- females are double polluted when giving birth to females than males.

Luke 14:26- You must hate your family to be a disciple of Jesus.

Ephes.5: 22-24- women must submit to their husbands.

Isaiah 7:20 God shaves with a high razor.

2 Samuels 22:11- God rides on a cherub.( Animal with wings or a naked female with wings).

Then it gets even more disgusting.

Ezekiel.16:8 God makes love to a young girl. Verses 16-34, she becomes a whore and 35-42, God punishes her out of jealousy.

In 2Samuels 12:2-5, David sleeps with the Wife of Uriah and she conceives a child. Verses 6-13, King David invites Uriah over for a meal and afterwards he sleeps at the door of King David's house.

Now watch this.

Verses 14 - 27, David gives a letter to Uriah to give to Joab. The letter reads that Joab is to put Uriah on the frontline of the hottest battle so he can die. When he dies, he takes Uriah's mourning wife and marries her, and she bares his son. This displeased God.

The next chapter, from verse 1-13, God sends Nathan to state to David that HE is displeased by the fact that David abused his authority by having s child with Uriah's wife and then having him killed. But.......God actually forgave David. Instead...............as verses 14- 18 read, God instead kills his newborn child!!

What!!!

2 Samuels 13: 10-14- David's son Amnon rapes his own sister Tamar.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:44:30 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:42:17 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Lev.14: 49-53- To clean the house from a plague, sprinkle the house with the blood of dead birds.

Lev.12: 1-5- females are double polluted when giving birth to females than males.

2 Samuels 22:11- God rides on a cherub.( Animal with wings or a naked female with wings).

Ezekiel.16:8 God makes love to a young girl. Verses 16-34, she becomes a whore and 35-42, God punishes her out of jealousy.

In 2Samuels 12:2-5, David sleeps with the Wife of Uriah and she conceives a child. Verses 6-13, King David invites Uriah over for a meal and afterwards he sleeps at the door of King David's house.

Now watch this.

Verses 14 - 27, David gives a letter to Uriah to give to Joab. The letter reads that Joab is to put Uriah on the frontline of the hottest battle so he can die. When he dies, he takes Uriah's mourning wife and marries her, and she bares his son. This displeased God.

The next chapter, from verse 1-13, God sends Nathan to state to David that HE is displeased by the fact that David abused his authority by having s child with Uriah's wife and then having him killed. But.......God actually forgave David. Instead...............as verses 14- 18 read, God instead kills his newborn child!!

What!!!

Eh ya, this does nothing to inspire me to convert to Islam. But bad try though, I'll give you that.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:54:44 PM

sadolite what do you think of the Theory of Existence? Is it everything exists until proven not to or nothing exists until proven to exist?
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:26:42 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:44:30 PM, sadolite wrote:

Now watch this.

What!!!

Eh ya, this does nothing to inspire me to convert to Islam. But bad try though, I'll give you that.

Response: So errors, discrepancy and straight filth in a so-called Holy Book does nothing to inspire you to change from accepting it. Got it. Stay in delusion as you like.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:48:31 PM

It's not a literal person; it's a metaphor for the nation of Israel.

Now watch this.

What!!!

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:39:21 AM
At 7/15/2016 10:54:44 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

sadolite what do you think of the Theory of Existence? Is it everything exists until proven not to or nothing exists until proven to exist?

I already answered that and I told you not to respond to my posts. I only deal with people who are sure of their existence and reality. You do not fit that description.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:41:48 AM
At 7/15/2016 11:26:42 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/15/2016 9:44:30 PM, sadolite wrote:

Now watch this.

What!!!

Response: So errors, discrepancy and straight filth in a so-called Holy Book does nothing to inspire you to change from accepting it. Got it. Stay in delusion as you like.

Eh ya maybe you should try some positive input. See, you only inspire hate. If that is what Islam is about not interested.

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:05:38 AM
At 7/15/2016 11:48:31 PM, Godgirl wrote:

Response: Nowhere is the word "metaphor" or anything synonymous to it mentioned in the verse. So it is literal.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:07:12 AM
At 7/16/2016 12:41:48 AM, sadolite wrote:

Eh ya maybe you should try some positive input. See, you only inspire hate. If that is what Islam is about not interested.

Response: I referenced your own Bible. So if you feel hate, that's your own Bible's fault. Not Islam.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:12:14 AM
At 7/16/2016 12:39:21 AM, sadolite wrote:

I already answered that and I told you not to respond to my posts. I only deal with people who are sure of their existence and reality. You do not fit that description.

So even after that big temper tantrum you had, you still believe everything and nothing exists all at the same time?
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:16:26 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:05:38 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Nowhere is the word "metaphor" or anything synonymous to it mentioned in the verse. So it is literal.

Verse three : "thus says the Lord God to Jerusalem . . ."
Jerusalem is a country, not a person.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:40:47 AM
At 7/15/2016 11:26:42 PM, Fatihah wrote:

would filth in the quran inspire you to change from accepting it?
granted that the quran uses language that makes it up for interpretation, rather than coming straight out and saying what it means.
but i found some verses that are very barbaric and shows the intolerance of islam.

If someone murders your slave, then you get to kill one of his. If it was a male that was killed, you kill one of the killer's male slaves. If a female, you kill a female. Murder for murder. Slave for slave. 2:178

Kill those that leave islam wherever you find them. 4:89
i couldn't belong to a religion that would intentionally keep unbelievers from leaving.

of course i'm an atheist, so apparently i deserve to be sent to hell for the crime of not knowing that your god is real. 2:6-7

muslims aren't allowed to be friends with nonbelievers 4:144
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:40:51 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:07:12 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I referenced your own Bible. So if you feel hate, that's your own Bible's fault. Not Islam.

Hate comes from humans, not a holy book, except maybe the Koran.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:31:28 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:16:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:05:38 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Sorry, I made a mistake earlier. Jerusalem is a city, not a country. However, my argument still stands: Jerusalem is not a person.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:39:17 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:40:51 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Response: The Qur'an is peace. Hate comes from deluded dummies named lotsoffun.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:46:21 AM

Umm... Converting out of a barbaric religion trying not to be barbaric, into a barbaric religion that still embraces its barbarism, is a step toward understanding why it's a good idea to reject religious barbarism?

(I realise that's probably not what you were looking for. :D)
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:49:35 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:40:47 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:

granted that the quran uses language that makes it up for interpretation, rather than coming straight out and saying what it means.
but i found some verses that are very barbaric and shows the intolerance of islam.

If someone murders your slave, then you get to kill one of his. If it was a male that was killed, you kill one of the killer's male slaves. If a female, you kill a female. Murder for murder. Slave for slave. 2:178

i couldn't belong to a religion that would intentionally keep unbelievers from leaving.

of course i'm an atheist, so apparently i deserve to be sent to hell for the crime of not knowing that your god is real. 2:6-7

Response: Verse 2:178 speaks of eye for an eye, which is equal and just law. Not filth.

Verse 4:89 says nothing about killing those who leave Islam and says to kill the hypocrites who conspire to war and cause division amongst Muslims by pretending to join the religion.

Verse 2:6-7 makes reference to those who reject Allah, thus deserving of Hell. If you don't give thanks to Allah you're not supposed to be rewarded.

Thus the verses show justice and good morals, as further proof the Qur'an is the true word of Allah.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:42:59 AM
At 7/16/2016 2:49:35 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:40:47 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:

Response: Verse 2:178 speaks of eye for an eye, which is equal and just law. Not filth.

Verse 4:89 says nothing about killing those who leave Islam and says to kill the hypocrites who conspire to war and cause division amongst Muslims by pretending to join the religion.

Verse 2:6-7 makes reference to those who reject Allah, thus deserving of Hell. If you don't give thanks to Allah you're not supposed to be rewarded.

Thus the verses show justice and good morals, as further proof the Qur'an is the true word of Allah.

this is why i enjoy talking to believers. it is amazing the excuses you come up with to defend barbaric and outdated practices

wow, i'm sorry that your sense of justice and morals are so flawed that you see it as justice to kill a slave, because a slave was killed.
last time i checked slaves are still human, so the right thing to do would be punish the murderer for murder. instead of destruction of property.

maybe if you had a family member that was killed because they were a slave of a murderer, you would see how wrong the quran is.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:49:27 AM
At 7/16/2016 2:39:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:40:51 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Response: The Qur'an is peace. Hate comes from deluded dummies named lotsoffun.

And deluded Muslims.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:34:34 AM
Nothing so far to convert me to Islam. Just inane cherry picked quotes and verses that do nothing what so ever to give me any idea of what Islam would do to improve my quality of life. How about using your own words instead and examples of how following Islam has enriched your life.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:39:53 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:12:14 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/16/2016 12:39:21 AM, sadolite wrote:

So even after that big temper tantrum you had, you still believe everything and nothing exists all at the same time?

You are an intellectual dullard in my view. Someone has to say it. I don't need to have someone prove to me I exist, you do.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:42:41 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:07:12 AM, Fatihah wrote:

All of your responses are about hating and disdain. I mentioned nothing about hating anything. You are using disdain and hate to try and convert me. It wont work with me .

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:09:20 PM

Response: "Thus says the Lord to Jerusalem .."

Means God is speaking "TO" the country of Jerusalem" in verse 3. Doesn't change that he mentions having sex with a girl in verse 6. So He's telling Jerusalem about his sex with a girl.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:16:44 PM
At 7/16/2016 12:09:20 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: "Thus says the Lord to Jerusalem .."

Means God is speaking "TO" the country of Jerusalem" in verse 3. Doesn't change that he mentions having sex with a girl in verse 6. So He's telling Jerusalem about his sex with a girl.

If he were talking to Jerusalem about a girl, he would have said "she", not "you".
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:16:58 PM
At 7/16/2016 8:42:59 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:

this is why i enjoy talking to believers. it is amazing the excuses you come up with to defend barbaric and outdated practices

wow, i'm sorry that your sense of justice and morals are so flawed that you see it as justice to kill a slave, because a slave was killed.
last time i checked slaves are still human, so the right thing to do would be punish the murderer for murder. instead of destruction of property.

maybe if you had a family member that was killed because they were a slave of a murderer, you would see how wrong the quran is.

Response: Likewise. This is why I like talking with disbelievers. As they boldly make claims about the Qur'an, only to find their self exposed and refuted seconds later and showing their own ideology to be filthy and barbaric.

No one mentioned killing a slave for a slave. So your weak strawman fails. Sorry you had to make a weak argument to try to justify obvious failed attempts. The Qur'an prohibits fighting and killings those who incline to peace (8:61). So death is only prescribed to those who are not peaceful such as murderers and those who conspire to war. So since your own words say the right thing to do is to punish a murderer and the Qur'an says just that, then you just proved the Qur'an is moral and just. Thanks for the admission.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:20:55 PM
At 7/16/2016 12:16:44 PM, Godgirl wrote:

If he were talking to Jerusalem about a girl, he would have said "she", not "you".

Response: Not at all. The word "you" is not exclusive to Jerusalem in any dictionary or academic grammar. And verse 6 doesn't even mention "you" either.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:24:00 PM
At 7/16/2016 11:42:41 AM, sadolite wrote:

All of your responses are about hating and disdain. I mentioned nothing about hating anything. You are using disdain and hate to try and convert me. It wont work with me .

Response: All my responses are references of the Bible. So if you see hatred and distain, that's your own Bible doing so.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:24:55 PM
At 7/16/2016 12:20:55 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/16/2016 12:16:44 PM, Godgirl wrote:

Response: Not at all. The word "you" is not exclusive to Jerusalem in any dictionary or academic grammar.
Yeah, but if I said to you, "you are cool," you wouldn't think I was talking about someone else, would you?
And verse 6 doesn't even mention "you" either.
It does in my bible. What translation are you using? I'm reading out of English Standard Version.