Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Which denomination of Christianity is true?

Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
She cares so much about christians.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:13:59 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

Ouch. Nice.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 3:52:39 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.

No wonder you are so unhappy.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 3:57:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 3:52:39 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.

No wonder you are so unhappy.

No, I have already been enlightened by a bulproved desmac.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:03:37 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 3:57:33 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:52:39 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.

No wonder you are so unhappy.

No, I have already been enlightened by a bulproved desmac.
Your cheque hasn't been forthcoming you hypocrite.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:06:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 3:57:33 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:52:39 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.

No wonder you are so unhappy.

No, I have already been enlightened by a bulproved desmac.

All of your posts are miserable.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:21:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

Are you a satanist? It's a reasonable question since you're a lesbians that spend all day attacking Christianity.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:28:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

Can we shorten that up a bit and go with "None of them" as your answer, then?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:46:11 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:28:45 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

Can we shorten that up a bit and go with "None of them" as your answer, then?

I think it's more nuanced than that, and I don't want people to get the impression that I'm trying to discourage them from taking part in Church activities or communing with believers.

Read the bible. Guess what? Every church messes up. Christians are supposed to forgive each other. That doesn't mean that you should compromise your faith. Do you find yourself in a church that has swayed from the way? Jesus gave us grace and truth. Use these to make a difference. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, and don't be concerned with the plank in your brother or sister's eye when you have a plank in your own.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:49:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?
Any denomination that believes Christ died and rose again to pay the penalty of sins is going to be ok. The rest like predestination or how certain traditions should be are not inherently wrong unless its flat out contradictory to scripture
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:31:08 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:06:15 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:57:33 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:52:39 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.

No wonder you are so unhappy.

No, I have already been enlightened by a bulproved desmac.

All of your posts are miserable.

Another revelation.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:33:08 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:03:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:57:33 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:52:39 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 3:50:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:30:02 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:16:22 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/16/2016 2:04:51 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:33:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
She cares so much about christians.

It Is a religion forum.

That's quite a revelation.

I am glad I could enlighten you.

Happiness based on illusions doesn't last long.

No wonder you are so unhappy.

No, I have already been enlightened by a bulproved desmac.
Your cheque hasn't been forthcoming you hypocrite.

I am actually modest.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:15:01 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:21:16 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

Are you a satanist? It's a reasonable question since you're a lesbians that spend all day attacking Christianity.

I'm not a lesbian. I'm not a Satanist, I'm a militant atheist. I hate Christianity and enjoy ripping apart the biggest fraud in human history (the bible).
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:16:08 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

So they are all wrong? Just what I thought.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:25:50 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

As a Catholic, I would say we are fir a few reasons.

1. We're one of only a handful that even claim to be the one true Church

2. The one true Church would have to be the one Christ founded. Historically, we know this to be the Catholic Church.

3. The true Church wouldn't preach any false doctrine. Therefore the true Church would be consistent with the teaching of the early church. The Catholic Church fits this description.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:38:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:16:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

So they are all wrong? Just what I thought.

Admitting that you are wrong is a fundamental aspect of the faith.

The fact is, we are all wrong, and there isn't ever going to be a time when that changes.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:38:20 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:25:50 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

As a Catholic, I would say we are fir a few reasons.

1. We're one of only a handful that even claim to be the one true Church

2. The one true Church would have to be the one Christ founded. Historically, we know this to be the Catholic Church.

3. The true Church wouldn't preach any false doctrine. Therefore the true Church would be consistent with the teaching of the early church. The Catholic Church fits this description.

Do you believe non Catholic Christians can get to heaven?

Does following another denomination hinder your prospects of getting to heaven?
Chloe8
Posts: 2,579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:41:00 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:38:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:16:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

So they are all wrong? Just what I thought.

Admitting that you are wrong is a fundamental aspect of the faith.

The fact is, we are all wrong, and there isn't ever going to be a time when that changes.

So you admit Yawheh made it impossible for people to know the truth as he allowed humans to destroy the true religion and mould it into less accurate ones?
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:52:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:38:20 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:25:50 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

As a Catholic, I would say we are fir a few reasons.

1. We're one of only a handful that even claim to be the one true Church

2. The one true Church would have to be the one Christ founded. Historically, we know this to be the Catholic Church.

3. The true Church wouldn't preach any false doctrine. Therefore the true Church would be consistent with the teaching of the early church. The Catholic Church fits this description.

Do you believe non Catholic Christians can get to heaven?

It's possible, but less likely.

Does following another denomination hinder your prospects of getting to heaven?

Yes.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:53:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:41:00 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:38:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:16:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

So they are all wrong? Just what I thought.

Admitting that you are wrong is a fundamental aspect of the faith.

The fact is, we are all wrong, and there isn't ever going to be a time when that changes.

So you admit Yawheh made it impossible for people to know the truth as he allowed humans to destroy the true religion and mould it into less accurate ones?

A religion is a "cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"

The Religion is God, who is The Ultimate Reality. That is where the faith is. It should be obvious how a sincere relationship with God is different than worshiping created things.

You think things have been corrupted, but you don't know what you are saying. There was never a time when the path wasn't clear, and there was never a time when people did not corrupt the path. God is The Way.

What do you want, a set of rules to follow? A set of directions? The Jews tried that, indeed, many religions do this. Jesus does away with that nonsense, and showed that those who truly love God worship in spirit and truth. The letter of the law kills, but the spirit brings life.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:20:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 4:28:45 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 7/16/2016 4:09:28 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It is written at the start of John, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

It is also written in Paul's first epistle to Corinth, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body"whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free"and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."

It is also written in the Apostle's Creed...

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic and apostolic Church"

Holy spirit means "Spirit of Truth". "Holy catholic" means set apart, divine, and universal. "Apostolic" meaning mission based.

The church founded by Christ at the foundation of the world and preached by His disciples is universal, non-denominational, complete, finished, and perfect. This is revealed by The Spirit of Truth.

So the Church is already there, and everyone is a part of it. Not everyone recognizes The Kingdom of God.

Can we shorten that up a bit and go with "None of them" as your answer, then?

This man's strategy is to write walls of text and talk about irrelevant things and beat around the bush in order to confuse people. So no he can't.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:22:59 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

Because that's not the real world get a grip, there are so many varieties, opinions, traditions, personalities, theories, doctrines ect ect it's just crazy to ask that...but who cares? different strokes for different folks, why is that such a big deal? what business is it of yours and mine in relation to yourself and myself and the Bible? Christianity is a spiritual walk in this life, it's an active relation you can participate in or not and Christianity is not a label or a denomination anyway it'a a lifestyle, attending Church is only one aspect of it, there are many other elements to this than just that..... I don't focus on what religious people do, why would that be a concern or a focus of mine? If I attend some place it's for fellowship and communing in spirit, my focus is the people not the doctrines.

So yes, it does not matter to you or me because the scriptures don't support denominations in the first place, what they claim is irrelevant. I don't claim any denomination only holds the truth, that's nonsense.

What is wrong with varieties? and who cares if they think they only know what's right, and how do you know everyone in a certain denomination thinks that way??? that's an assumption on your part. I know plenty of Christians and not everyone thinks that way. When it comes to Christianity, there are more valuable things to consider, do and focus on. This is called nitpicking, you're usual tactic.


What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

There are no denominations in scripture, it's man made. It's a way for people who hold or share similar views to congregate and fellowship, again, their strive or divisions are completely irrelevant.
I've been to many churches, home groups and prayer meetings, what they may label themselves I don't put much emphasis on, it's not about that for me. Again, in scripture there are to be no divisions or denominations, Christianity (the Gospels and Epistles) do not support denominations. If I attend some gathering it's always for the souls involved, the people, not some doctrine or religious beliefs. I'm just there to give and be involved in things that matter.

However I happen to like the home group prayer meeting style personally, when I was a teen I would love that because people don't get lost in the crowd as easily, I like to focus where the concerns and questions are. I think in general people would respond to that more at least the kids I talked to did, it's kinda how Jesus and the apostles did things and that's perfectly acceptable, it's also perfectly acceptable to attend church and get involved that way as well, basically you (Chloe) or I, are not pinned down to anything, there is freedom in God and in spirit.

The Church that we've spent the most time at is local, it's a non-denomination mainly. However, I did not become a "member" because of what I tell people. In the end, it should be an individual cultivation, all this blabbing about these "32,000" denominations is just completely irrelevant because it has no bearing on what Jesus taught or scripture, people do what they do and do what they want.


Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth...

I'll answer the first part because I don't think that way, that's why I clipped the last half. As for denominations or religious sects sure, but we're talking about doctrines only here in this case, not souls. I don't usually speak on the behalf of other faiths, it's none of my business. There are a few religions and denominations I wholeheartedly disagree with, but I'm not here to hurt anyone's feeling so that is unnecessary for the most part.
Omniverse
Posts: 973
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:57:29 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 1:26:52 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christians, you have 32, 000 different denominations all claiming to be the truth. It's true many of you say it does not really matter which one you choose but if that is the case why are the 32, 000 groups not bought back together under the same umbrella in a new unified Christian religion where all Christians read the same version of the bible and are taught the same things?

What is it about your denomination in your opinion that makes it the closest one to the truth?

Are their any denominations you are aware of that you consider so far from the truth that their believers are no longer truly Christians?

Let me check again, just a minute.
Oh yes, as of now I accept the claims of, wait for it,

Z
E
R
O

Christian denominations due to their unsubstantiated claims.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:25:52 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Wow, I gave a really concise answer to the question of this topic with relevant examples pulled from scripture and the apostles creed that is accepted by the vast majority of Christian churches,, and I get accused of confusing people with irrelevance and fluff that avoids the point.

Really, people will believe what they want to believe. They just want Bill O'Reilly answers to spin, they don't want the truth.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,