God is Dead

imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:07:08 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Here's the full quote:

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"

This quote (I feel) doesn't actually mean god was still around. Nietzsche probably thought god never existed in the first place. Anyways we "killed" god because we discovered a new level of science and logic that supports the idea of a godless world. We also killed god by changing the morals and idea of Christianity. There are also a bunch is passionate Christians who convert only for the sake of reaching heaven.

Now Nietzsche didn't exactly think this was a good thing. He understood how religion helped us morally, but it also held us back from greatness or becoming an Ubermensch. Now that we have the chance to make our own morals, we can finally become an Ubermensch. Now is the time...

Tell me what you think about this.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:14:22 PM
Vain imaginings of a petulant ignoramus.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:22:07 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:14:22 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

lol. Is that what you think? Now I don't totally agree with this but man, do you even understand what he means. Are you that biased?

Unless you were describing something about yourself, than you're probably biased.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:23:12 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:22:07 PM, imperialchimp wrote:

lol. Is that what you think? Now I don't totally agree with this but man, do you even understand what he means. Are you that biased?

Unless you were describing something about yourself, than you're probably biased.

You asked what I thought.

And it also seems pretty silly to accuse me of bias while simultaneously revealing your own bias.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:23:44 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:23:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:22:07 PM, imperialchimp wrote:

You asked what I thought.

And it also seems pretty silly to accuse me of bias while simultaneously revealing your own bias.

ok
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:30:30 PM
God means "The Ultimate Reality".

Obviously, it's absurd to say that God is dead.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:03:51 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:30:30 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

It would be appropriate with that context to state that He was never alive to begin with.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:21:30 PM

That very succinctly sums up each and every one of your posts, liar.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:51:24 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:03:51 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

It would be appropriate with that context to state that He was never alive to begin with.

It's called "The Living God".

Full Definition of alive
.: having life : not dead or inanimate
a : still in existence, force, or operation : active <kept hope alive>
b : still active in competition with a chance of victory <must win to stay alive in the playoffs>
.: knowing or realizing the existence of : sensitive
.: marked by alertness, energy, or briskness <his face came alive at the mention of food>
.: marked by much life, animation, or activity : swarming <streets alive with traffic>
"used as an intensive following the noun <the proudest boy alive>

Seems pretty alive to me.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:55:01 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:51:24 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/16/2016 7:03:51 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

It's called "The Living God".

Full Definition of alive
.: having life : not dead or inanimate
a : still in existence, force, or operation : active <kept hope alive>
b : still active in competition with a chance of victory <must win to stay alive in the playoffs>
.: knowing or realizing the existence of : sensitive
.: marked by alertness, energy, or briskness <his face came alive at the mention of food>
.: marked by much life, animation, or activity : swarming <streets alive with traffic>
"used as an intensive following the noun <the proudest boy alive>

Seems pretty alive to me.

So where is this living god, liar?
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:41:32 PM

God never existed. God is dead is just another way of saying the end of christian religion. We killed him as in we found out he never existed and how religion is outdated. I'm pretty sure I explained this which obviously means you never read the interpretation.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:56:18 PM
At 7/16/2016 8:41:32 PM, imperialchimp wrote:

God never existed. God is dead is just another way of saying the end of christian religion. We killed him as in we found out he never existed and how religion is outdated. I'm pretty sure I explained this which obviously means you never read the interpretation.

I heard your explanation. That's all it is. You speak about things you don't really understand. If you did understand, you'd never say that God doesn't exist. God very clearly exists, and it's absurd to think that anyone can claim otherwise. To say otherwise is to say, "there is no truth", which renders any opinion you have concerning the truth to be worthless and vain.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:11:56 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:07:08 PM, imperialchimp wrote:
Here's the full quote:

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"

This quote (I feel) doesn't actually mean god was still around. Nietzsche probably thought god never existed in the first place. Anyways we "killed" god because we discovered a new level of science and logic that supports the idea of a godless world. We also killed god by changing the morals and idea of Christianity. There are also a bunch is passionate Christians who convert only for the sake of reaching heaven.

Now Nietzsche didn't exactly think this was a good thing. He understood how religion helped us morally, but it also held us back from greatness or becoming an Ubermensch. Now that we have the chance to make our own morals, we can finally become an Ubermensch. Now is the time...

god is not dead, because a myth can't die
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 1:17:37 AM
At 7/16/2016 8:56:18 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

I heard your explanation. That's all it is. You speak about things you don't really understand. If you did understand, you'd never say that God doesn't exist. God very clearly exists, and it's absurd to think that anyone can claim otherwise. To say otherwise is to say, "there is no truth", which renders any opinion you have concerning the truth to be worthless and vain.

"God is dead" is a metaphor.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 1:18:28 AM
At 7/16/2016 9:11:56 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:07:08 PM, imperialchimp wrote:
Here's the full quote:

god is not dead, because a myth can't die

lol
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 1:19:23 AM
At 7/17/2016 1:17:37 AM, imperialchimp wrote:

I'm not sure where the misunderstanding here is.
imperialchimp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 1:27:15 AM
At 7/17/2016 1:19:23 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

How does god exist? His own definition contradicts himself. Unless you are talking about Spinoza's god. Spinoza's god can easily be proven.

God isn't truth. His existence is a question of truth.
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 1:47:01 AM
At 7/17/2016 1:27:15 AM, imperialchimp wrote:

How does god exist? His own definition contradicts himself. Unless you are talking about Spinoza's god. Spinoza's god can easily be proven.

Definition of god
capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind

I don't think there is a contradiction. God is The Ultimate Reality. That is the truest true you can get really. The realest reality.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 9:27:11 AM
At 7/17/2016 1:47:01 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 7/17/2016 1:27:15 AM, imperialchimp wrote:

Definition of god
capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind

I don't think there is a contradiction. God is The Ultimate Reality. That is the truest true you can get really. The realest reality.

That is just another of your lies.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 9:23:01 PM
At 7/17/2016 9:27:11 AM, desmac wrote:

So says the atheist. You can call me a liar all you want, but I didn't make it up.

Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary edition 11

There is my source. It's the same one that is hosted at www.merriam-webster.com that gives the full definitions.

According to that dictionary, an atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Ultimate Reality, so they might as well be admitting that everything they say is deceit.

You embrace the deceit. That's why you only address the phantoms of your mind, and never The Truth.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 6:25:49 AM
At 7/17/2016 9:23:01 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

So says the atheist. You can call me a liar all you want, but I didn't make it up.

There is my source. It's the same one that is hosted at www.merriam-webster.com that gives the full definitions.

According to that dictionary, an atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Ultimate Reality, so they might as well be admitting that everything they say is deceit.

You embrace the deceit. That's why you only address the phantoms of your mind, and never The Truth.

As I have already proved, and you have admitted, that you lie about your age, of course I can call you a liar.

What is written in a book, be it a dictionary or a bible, is written by a person, or a group of people. People get stuff wrong. I think that M-W have the definition wrong.
A far more accurate definition comes from the definitive English language dictionary, the OED.
Atheist, noun:
"A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods:"
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 6:28:30 AM
At 7/18/2016 6:25:49 AM, desmac wrote:

As I have already proved, and you have admitted, that you lie about your age, of course I can call you a liar.

What is written in a book, be it a dictionary or a bible, is written by a person, or a group of people. People get stuff wrong. I think that M-W have the definition wrong.
A far more accurate definition comes from the definitive English language dictionary, the OED.
Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 6:31:15 AM
At 7/18/2016 6:28:30 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 6:41:32 AM
At 7/18/2016 6:31:15 AM, desmac wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 6:47:38 AM
At 7/18/2016 6:41:32 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.

Are you. That's nice for you.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 6:58:04 AM
At 7/18/2016 6:47:38 AM, desmac wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.

Stop talking to yourself.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 7:01:31 AM
At 7/18/2016 6:58:04 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.

You post something, I reply, please explain how that is talking to myself. Unless you are suffering under the happy misapprehension that you are me. A kind of wish fulfilment dream.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 7:08:12 AM
At 7/18/2016 7:01:31 AM, desmac wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.

You post something, I reply, please explain how that is talking to myself. Unless you are suffering under the happy misapprehension that you are me. A kind of wish fulfilment dream.

tl;dr
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 7:10:13 AM
At 7/18/2016 7:08:12 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.

tl;dr

I understand. You have difficulty reading.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 7:13:46 AM
At 7/18/2016 7:10:13 AM, desmac wrote:
At 7/18/2016 7:08:12 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:

Atheist, noun:

Are you SiRusse?

No, I am human.

Woman.

tl;dr

I understand. You have difficulty reading.

text written by pea brained woman.