Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Atheism vs Christian vs Islam, animal rights.

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 7:34:27 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Which of the three religious ideologies is the kindest to animals? I think how a society treats animals is a huge indicator of its moral character. Therefore, its important for me to know which of three is the best for moral character.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 9:28:33 AM
At 7/19/2016 7:34:27 AM, Stupidape wrote:
Which of the three religious ideologies is the kindest to animals? I think how a society treats animals is a huge indicator of its moral character. Therefore, its important for me to know which of three is the best for moral character.

Atheism is a lack of belief in or a disbelief in god or gods. It is not a religion. All people should treat animals with respect
Probably the religion which treats animals with the greatest kindness is Hindu ism.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 10:56:16 AM
Most surveys indicate that around 2-13% of the global population identifies as "atheist" or "agnostic". When this data is cross-applied, we find that a disproportionate number of animal rights activists are atheistic/agnostic. [http://animalstudiesrepository.org...] According to that study, 48% of animal rights activists are atheist/agnostic, and another 15% are pantheistic.

It's an interesting number. Not sure how relevant it is to this thread, but I thought I'd post it here anyway.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 11:30:33 AM
At 7/19/2016 7:34:27 AM, Stupidape wrote:

Well you could argue this one over till the cows come home.
What is for sure is that the last two treat women like animals so if they treat animals kindly then all is ok.
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 8:51:49 AM
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin Luther King, Jr."

Interesting, this is why Saudi Arabia bothers me so much. I figure if such injustice is legal there, its a threat to justice everywhere. I wish there was something I could do. My limited imagination doesn't allow itself to think of a solution at the moment.
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 8:54:13 AM
"Well you could argue this one over till the cows come home.
What is for sure is that the last two treat women like animals so if they treat animals kindly then all is ok." Willow

In general if the majority repress one type of minority, they are likely to repress another. In other words, injustice against women is a threat to animal rights. Or as Martin Luther King put it, "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."