Jump to topic:

Did Jesus Christ Proclaim Divinity?

thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:39:56 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
In the name of God, the most Gracious the most merciful.
Is there anyone who can show me a verse from the Bible in which Jesus proclaims divinity? Also, can someone explain to me why Jesus would say these things if he's God?
John 14:28 "... my Father is greater than I."
John 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all."
Matthew 19:16-17 "Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, 'Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?' Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
John 14:24 "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."
John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
Book of Acts 2:22 "Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know."
Peace.
Airaux2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 6:34:56 AM
At 7/20/2016 2:39:56 AM, thedynasty139 wrote:
Is there anyone who can show me a verse from the Bible in which Jesus proclaims divinity? Also, can someone explain to me why Jesus would say these things if he's God?
Matthew 19:16-17 "Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, 'Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?' Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
John 14:24 "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."
John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
Book of Acts 2:22 "Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know."
Peace.
This is a subject I'm concerned about. Jesus is said to have created all things - so is God. He is called the Alpha and the Omega in Revelation - so is God. He is given and accepts (at least a form of) worship.
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 11:14:41 AM
At 7/20/2016 6:34:56 AM, Airaux2 wrote:
At 7/20/2016 2:39:56 AM, thedynasty139 wrote:
Peace.
This is a subject I'm concerned about. Jesus is said to have created all things - so is God. He is called the Alpha and the Omega in Revelation - so is God. He is given and accepts (at least a form of) worship.
If you don't mind could you show me the verses? I'm asking for a verse where Jesus Christ (pbuh) himself says "I am God" or "worship me".