Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Maybe God doesn't want you on the internet.

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 11:58:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
God doesn't update his likes and dislikes.
How do you know something you do is not a sin.?
He obviously has opinions. Could they change. ?

He needs to update the bible.
Or won't that work.
Back in the day when people said God spoke to me, it went straight in the bible.
Now if someone says God spoke to me , they go straight to the hospital for psychiatric assessment.
Why is this ?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 12:32:59 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You must really think ancient man was stupid, but I tell you, they were just as skeptical about extraordinary claims back then as people are now. The Jews? These were educated people.

You know, they killed an awful lot of people who claimed to speak for God.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 12:38:53 PM
It's not necessary to update the bible either, it's complete.

Old Testament

New Testament

They are contained works. They both collectively testify of the same thing.

Or you know, if you aren't satisfied with that, pick up a Qur'an or something. An ever growing chunk of the world population recognizes that as being something like the New New Testament.

Even later than that, you can always read up on Sikh scipture or Baha'i scripture. They came later. The Guru Granth Sahib is a pretty good read.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 12:39:15 PM
At 7/20/2016 12:32:59 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

You must really think ancient man was stupid, but I tell you, they were just as skeptical about extraordinary claims back then as people are now. The Jews? These were educated people.

They also killed a lot of people whom didn't do as God wished. Or at least so "they" said...
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 3:16:29 AM
At 7/20/2016 12:39:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

They also killed a lot of people whom didn't do as God wished. Or at least so "they" said...

Yeah, and when you look at how people executed God's commandments in The Old Testament, look at how The Prophets lamented, look at how Jesus revealed The Kingdom of God, and see how those who wrote The New Testament took all this, you'd probably end up becoming a Christian.

All these things are addressed in scripture, but it seems that most people would rather do anything other than read scripture. Why read scripture when you can ask the preacher man? Why read scripture when you can watch youtube videos about it? Why read scripture when there is so much written about scripture? Why read scripture when you can see what it's about by the protesters on TV? Why read scripture when there are so many other people to think for you?
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 4:57:23 AM
At 7/20/2016 11:58:03 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Or won't that work.
Back in the day when people said God spoke to me, it went straight in the bible.
Now if someone says God spoke to me , they go straight to the hospital for psychiatric assessment.
Why is this ?

the internet is where religions come to die, because it's so very fast and easy to fact check someone.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 5:32:42 AM
At 7/20/2016 12:38:53 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It's not necessary to update the bible either, it's complete.

Old Testament

New Testament

They are contained works. They both collectively testify of the same thing.

Or you know, if you aren't satisfied with that, pick up a Qur'an or something. An ever growing chunk of the world population recognizes that as being something like the New New Testament.

Even later than that, you can always read up on Sikh scipture or Baha'i scripture. They came later. The Guru Granth Sahib is a pretty good read.

Or, you can think for yourself.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 5:33:59 AM
At 7/21/2016 3:16:29 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Yeah, and when you look at how people executed God's commandments in The Old Testament, look at how The Prophets lamented, look at how Jesus revealed The Kingdom of God, and see how those who wrote The New Testament took all this, you'd probably end up becoming a Christian.

All these things are addressed in scripture, but it seems that most people would rather do anything other than read scripture. Why read scripture when you can ask the preacher man? Why read scripture when you can watch youtube videos about it? Why read scripture when there is so much written about scripture? Why read scripture when you can see what it's about by the protesters on TV? Why read scripture when there are so many other people to think for you?

Why read scripture when you can think for yourself?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 11:21:27 AM

Why? I should really enjoy Dad because His Son gave a good rousing speech for Dad being okay, and His pals are just misguided because they love Dad so much? Naw, pass. That sounds too much like "Dad was just drinking, but He is sobering up now, and that will NEVER happen again, because Dad is perfect."

All these things are addressed in scripture, but it seems that most people would rather do anything other than read scripture.

And? That doesn't mean its compelling.

Why read scripture when you can ask the preacher man? Why read scripture when you can watch youtube videos about it?

Heh, give Bronto a little chat about that.

Why read scripture when there is so much written about scripture?

Like your interpretations?

Why read scripture when you can see what it's about by the protesters on TV?

Not sure I see the relevance...

Why read scripture when there are so many other people to think for you?

Like you, for example.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 12:43:56 PM

Or won't that work.
Why is this ?

It looks like your anser is in 2 Peter 3:3
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 12:58:42 PM
At 7/21/2016 12:43:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Or won't that work.
Why is this ?

Tell us what old Peter has to say about the internet then.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:00:56 PM
At 7/21/2016 12:58:42 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/21/2016 12:43:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Or won't that work.
Why is this ?

Tell us what old Peter has to say about the internet then.

Preach the gospel inall the world, but 2 Peter 3:3 would concern you directly.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:05:15 PM
At 7/21/2016 11:21:27 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Why? I should really enjoy Dad because His Son gave a good rousing speech for Dad being okay, and His pals are just misguided because they love Dad so much? Naw, pass. That sounds too much like "Dad was just drinking, but He is sobering up now, and that will NEVER happen again, because Dad is perfect."

All these things are addressed in scripture, but it seems that most people would rather do anything other than read scripture.

Why read scripture when you can ask the preacher man? Why read scripture when you can watch youtube videos about it?

Like you, for example.

Omniscient morality. To make final decision based on knowing the final outcomes, thoughts, and desires of all variables involved.

(Thought wizzes over head and out the door)

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:10:16 PM
If god exists and Bronto really is a person of faith instead of a crazy WUM, I bet god doesn't want him on forums like this as he brings the faith into disrepute with his garbage.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:12:02 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:05:15 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like you, for example.

Omniscient morality. To make final decision based on knowing the final outcomes, thoughts, and desires of all variables involved.

Omnipotent and Omniscient and "plan" don't go well in the same sentence, Bronto. If God has those 3 things in one basket, free will is compromised, and this conversion/conversation attempt is moot, all is as He wills, including atheists' disagreement.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:13:13 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:10:16 PM, tarantula wrote:
If god exists and Bronto really is a person of faith instead of a crazy WUM, I bet god doesn't want him on forums like this as he brings the faith into disrepute with his garbage.

LOL.
I'm going find a scripture that corresponds with that.
If I had a bible.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:14:44 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:12:02 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 7/21/2016 1:05:15 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like you, for example.

Omnipotent and Omniscient and "plan" don't go well in the same sentence, Bronto. If God has those 3 things in one basket, free will is compromised, and this conversion/conversation attempt is moot, all is as He wills, including atheists' disagreement.

You can have all of the above and force nothing upon Atheists or anyone else. In the end you'd only have those with you who actually want to be there.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:16:19 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:13:13 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

LOL.
If I had a bible.

Says deb who is afraid to debate me on God.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:18:31 PM

Like you, for example.

You can have all of the above and force nothing upon Atheists...

No, and I will demonstrate:

Me, being omniscient, know the criteria for which said atheist would be satisfied. Me being omnipotent, however, choose to alter the direction of creation to exclude that criteria, as it does not fit my plan. Me, being omniscient know the variety of ways in which -before a person was born-, my revelations could be made through logical (and illogical, I am omnipotent after all) means. With the understanding of all these before the choice was presented to the atheist (as my plan required), I knew the outcome. That is predestination. Free will is an illusion.

or anyone else. In the end you'd only have those with you who actually want to be there.

Those people would then be made for that purpose. The rest are just collateral damage.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:20:14 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:16:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

LOL.
If I had a bible.

I will debate you on that 1 that you are doing now. The atheists are irrational .
Or you can change it to . The more logical belief is Christianity.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:24:39 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:18:31 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Like you, for example.

Me, being omniscient, know the criteria for which said atheist would be satisfied. Me being omnipotent, however, choose to alter the direction of creation to exclude that criteria, as it does not fit my plan. Me, being omniscient know the variety of ways in which -before a person was born-, my revelations could be made through logical (and illogical, I am omnipotent after all) means. With the understanding of all these before the choice was presented to the atheist (as my plan required), I knew the outcome. That is predestination. Free will is an illusion.

or anyone else. In the end you'd only have those with you who actually want to be there.

Those people would then be made for that purpose. The rest are just collateral damage.

I know the final outcome of Star Wars, but it still plays on without manipulation by me or George Lucas or Disney. It ends the same.

Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:25:11 PM

LOL.
If I had a bible.

You sound like the awkward pimple-ridden guy going up to girls, desperately trying to sleep with them and getting rejected time after time. It's not because the girls fear the guy that they won't have sex with him. Hint: I don't think it's because atheists fear you they won't debate you...

Bronto, I'm still waiting for your answers to my questions.
How should I interpret silence from an effusive prolific poster such as yourself?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:26:44 PM

Like you, for example.

This is the version of all possible outcomes that yields the most adherants. There simply is no version where the real time Atheists ever adhere.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:27:43 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:24:39 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like you, for example.

I know the final outcome of Star Wars, but it still plays on without manipulation by me or George Lucas or Disney. It ends the same.

Because you are not its creator, nor omnipotent.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:27:55 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:25:11 PM, Omniverse wrote:

LOL.
If I had a bible.

You sound like the awkward pimple-ridden guy going up to girls, desperately trying to sleep with them and getting rejected time after time. It's not because the girls fear the guy that they won't have sex with him. Hint: I don't think it's because atheists fear you they won't debate you...

How should I interpret silence from an effusive prolific poster such as yourself?

Start a debate about it and challenge me.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:29:02 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:26:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like you, for example.

This is the version of all possible outcomes that yields the most adherants. ...

" The rest are just collateral damage."

Thank you for your concession.

This is why people don't debate you, Bronto.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:29:13 PM

LOL.
If I had a bible.

His profile says he has a postdoctoral degree, so it should be easy peasy, that is, unless Bronto is lying. What are the odds of that?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:30:40 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:27:43 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 7/21/2016 1:24:39 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like you, for example.

Because you are not its creator, nor omnipotent.

George Lucas is, and he could change it, even manipulate it, but does not.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:33:04 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:29:02 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 7/21/2016 1:26:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like you, for example.

This is the version of all possible outcomes that yields the most adherants. ...

" The rest are just collateral damage."

Thank you for your concession.

This is why people don't debate you, Bronto.

Define "collateral damage". Allowing someone who is congenitally hostile to you life?

Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:42:50 PM
At 7/21/2016 1:27:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

LOL.
If I had a bible.

Start a debate about it and challenge me.

You definitely sound like that guy.
He won't be getting laid anytime soon...