Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

the words of Jesus in Islamic Hadith (1)

lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:54:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Divine Omnipotence

1. Jesus the son of Mary ('a) was sitting and an old man was working with a small shovel tilling the earth. Jesus ('a) said: "O Allah! Extract his desire from him." The old man put down the small shovel and slept for an hour. Then Jesus ('a) said: "O Allah! Return the desire to him." Then he stood up and began to work. Jesus ('a) asked him about it. He said: "When I was working my soul said to me: 'How long will you work, being that you are an old man?' Then I put down the small shovel and slept.' Then my soul said to me: 'By Allah! You have no alternative but to live as long as you remain.' Then I stood up with my small shovel." (Bihar al-anwar, xiv, 329)

2. "Satan came to Jesus ('a), then he said: 'Do you not claim that you can revive the dead?' Jesus said: 'Yes.' Satan said: 'Then throw yourself down from the top of the wall.' Then Jesus said: 'Woe unto you! Verily the servant does not try his Lord.' And Satan said: 'O Jesus! Can your Lord put the earth in an egg while the egg remains in its form?' Then he said: 'Verily impotence is not attributed to Allah, the Supreme, but what you said cannot be.' " (Bihar al-anwar, xiv, 271)

Of Human Poverty

3. One of the Imams is reported to have said: "It was said to Jesus the son of Mary ('a): 'How did you begin the morning, O Spirit of Allah?' He said: 'I began the morning with my Lord, the Blessed and Supreme, above me and the fire (of hell) before me and death in pursuit of me. I do not possess that which I hope for and I cannot avoid what I hate. So which of the poor is poorer than me?' " (Bihar al-anwar, lxxvi, 17)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 3:45:36 PM
At 7/20/2016 2:54:10 PM, lightseeker wrote:
Divine Omnipotence

1. Jesus the son of Mary ('a) was sitting and an old man was working with a small shovel tilling the earth. Jesus ('a) said: "O Allah! Extract his desire from him." The old man put down the small shovel and slept for an hour. Then Jesus ('a) said: "O Allah! Return the desire to him." Then he stood up and began to work. Jesus ('a) asked him about it. He said: "When I was working my soul said to me: 'How long will you work, being that you are an old man?' Then I put down the small shovel and slept.' Then my soul said to me: 'By Allah! You have no alternative but to live as long as you remain.' Then I stood up with my small shovel." (Bihar al-anwar, xiv, 329)

2. "Satan came to Jesus ('a), then he said: 'Do you not claim that you can revive the dead?' Jesus said: 'Yes.' Satan said: 'Then throw yourself down from the top of the wall.' Then Jesus said: 'Woe unto you! Verily the servant does not try his Lord.' And Satan said: 'O Jesus! Can your Lord put the earth in an egg while the egg remains in its form?' Then he said: 'Verily impotence is not attributed to Allah, the Supreme, but what you said cannot be.' " (Bihar al-anwar, xiv, 271)

Of Human Poverty

3. One of the Imams is reported to have said: "It was said to Jesus the son of Mary ('a): 'How did you begin the morning, O Spirit of Allah?' He said: 'I began the morning with my Lord, the Blessed and Supreme, above me and the fire (of hell) before me and death in pursuit of me. I do not possess that which I hope for and I cannot avoid what I hate. So which of the poor is poorer than me?' " (Bihar al-anwar, lxxvi, 17)

I'm not sure whether you know or not but muhammad lived 600yrs after the alleged jesus and so would be in no position to recite anything he said.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 4:28:36 PM
At 7/20/2016 3:45:36 PM, bulproof wrote:
Divine Omnipotence

Of Human Poverty

I'm not sure whether you know or not but muhammad lived 600yrs after the alleged jesus and so would be in no position to recite anything he said.

the same God that sent Jesus, sent Muhammad and gave him knowledge about him.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 4:35:24 PM
At 7/20/2016 4:28:36 PM, lightseeker wrote:
Divine Omnipotence

Of Human Poverty

Well of course that is the claim made by muhammad when he failed spectacularly to plagiarize the bible.
I don't blame him he was an ignorant, illiterate camel jockey, obviously he'd get it wrong.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 6:33:47 PM
At 7/20/2016 4:35:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
Divine Omnipotence

Of Human Poverty

Well of course that is the claim made by muhammad when he failed spectacularly to plagiarize the bible.
I don't blame him he was an ignorant, illiterate camel jockey, obviously he'd get it wrong.
Your inability to debate properly and respectfully is truly shocking if you call yourself a follower of Jesus. If you think the Quran is plagiarism of the Bible, then here's a suggestion: actually read it?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 4:25:12 AM
At 7/20/2016 6:33:47 PM, thedynasty139 wrote:
At 7/20/2016 4:35:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
Divine Omnipotence

Of Human Poverty

Your inability to debate properly and respectfully is truly shocking if you call yourself a follower of Jesus. If you think the Quran is plagiarism of the Bible, then here's a suggestion: actually read it?

Bulproof isn't a follower of Jesus, he is in denial about the existence of God.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:31:23 AM
Divine Omnipotence

Of Human Poverty

Christians don't care what Muslims have to say about Jesus. You're both wrong anyways.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:40:16 AM
Divine Omnipotence

Of Human Poverty

Mohamed was of a consciousness that made him a crawling infant and Jesus a wise old sage, comparatively. Mohamed had no understanding of the true nature of the creator. Jesus did. He was no more the son of God than the rest of all conscious beings, but he was certainly closer far to God than Mohamed. There is absolutely no doubt about that. I'm not a christian by the way. If I had to use Mohamed or Jesus as a roll model, I'd chose Jesus in a heart beat. Mohamed was like a violent beast and a wise person. He encompassed the duality illusion which Jesus actually preached against. The problem was, Mohamed was both. Jesus was just wise and a loving beautiful soul. The dual nature of Mohamed explains Islam today. The violent leader provides the example for many and the wise man provides inspiration for others.