brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:29:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Atheism will forsake you when you need help the most-

Excerpt of article in NY Times-
(Speaking of Christopher Hitchens, author of "God is Not Great")

"As Mr. Taunton drove, Mr. Hitchens read aloud from the Gospel of John and mulled over the precise reason Jesus wept at the death of Lazarus. "Where is grace in the Old Testament?" Hitchens asked at one point, in Mr. Taunton"s telling. "I see it in the New Testament, but God seems different in the Old Testament," Mr. Hitchens observed, leading to a discussion of God"s covenant with Abraham."

"Based principally on these conversations, Mr. Taunton concluded that Mr. Hitchens was seeking " and that he was, at least, open to " the possibility that Christianity was true. Perhaps, Mr. Taunton writes, Mr. Hitchens "used his position as a journalist as a kind of professional cover for a very personal inquiry" into the faith."

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/christopher-hitchens-was-shaky-in-his-atheism-new-book-suggests.html
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:33:15 PM
At 7/20/2016 5:29:32 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

"As Mr. Taunton drove, Mr. Hitchens read aloud from the Gospel of John and mulled over the precise reason Jesus wept at the death of Lazarus. "Where is grace in the Old Testament?" Hitchens asked at one point, in Mr. Taunton"s telling. "I see it in the New Testament, but God seems different in the Old Testament," Mr. Hitchens observed, leading to a discussion of God"s covenant with Abraham."

"Based principally on these conversations, Mr. Taunton concluded that Mr. Hitchens was seeking " and that he was, at least, open to " the possibility that Christianity was true. Perhaps, Mr. Taunton writes, Mr. Hitchens "used his position as a journalist as a kind of professional cover for a very personal inquiry" into the faith."

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/christopher-hitchens-was-shaky-in-his-atheism-new-book-suggests.html

Shameless lying innuendo, meaning nothing. What a jerk, making implications about a man who cannot refute them himself. Typical.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:48:17 PM

I was going to say something nice about you today but now ive changed my mind.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 6:01:31 PM

He asks a legit question, and this a$$ leaps to this conclusion - then prints it when the dead guy can't answer. What an a$$hole thing to do.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 6:15:04 PM
At 7/20/2016 6:01:31 PM, TBR wrote:

He asks a legit question, and this a$$ leaps to this conclusion - then prints it when the dead guy can't answer. What an a$$hole thing to do.

I think the $ signs in your description sum the a$$hole up pretty well
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:08:16 PM

I happen to be an admirer of Hitchens.

He is greatly missed. He was an exceptional man, a wonderful polemist, a great writer, a courageous defender of freedom of speech, of Western civilization.
Hitchens was brilliant through and through.

He knew this sort of malicious innuendo, this sort of lowly deception, of cowardly smear campaigns, the fables of deathbed conversions, would eventually come after his death. He warned against them. Luckily, the testimony of his widow, Carol Blue, is on camera, on tape, for anyone to review. She was specifically asked about Hitchin's final hours.

Go watch it.
http://www.cbsnews.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

What you have done here, Bronco, this pathetic attempt at character assassination, is a new all-time low of yours. Which is saying much, given your despicable track record.

I don't think it's because you're feared that hardly anyone will debate you. You are, after all, an intellectual midget. If the rest feels as I do - I wouldn't know -it's because contempt is all you can ever hope to inspire.

Grow a spine.
Airaux2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 8:34:18 AM

"Mr. Taunton concluded..." On what basis? "Atheism will forsake you?" How do you know? Have you been with dying people? Do you naively accept the words of others who claim to have witnessed death bed conversions?
If you were on a raft at sea - lost and helpless, what would you do first? - pray or call air/ sea rescue on your cell 'phone?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:23:38 AM
Atheism will not lend a hand when you need one. It is a backstabbing acquaintence.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:54:12 AM
At 7/25/2016 2:23:38 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheism will not lend a hand when you need one. It is a backstabbing acquaintence.

It is a lack of belief in, or disbelief in god or gods.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:04:41 AM

As if when I was Catholic, I used to receive some kind of "magical" helping hand.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:30:17 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:04:41 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

As if when I was Catholic, I used to receive some kind of "magical" helping hand.

Like this?

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:31:15 PM
At 7/25/2016 5:30:17 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Like this?

What?
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:31:30 PM

Someone lost sight of the parable about roots.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:35:46 PM
At 7/25/2016 5:34:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Roots

https://www.biblegateway.com...

Don't need the link, pretty sure I've studied it in school during the many years I've passed studying Catholicism, what exactly it has to do with me is beyond me. Are you comparing me to the seeds that grew up badly?