Jump to topic:

what if Moses never existed?

Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 2:06:35 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
will it mean something to muslims, christians and judaists?

according to wiki, Moses is assumed to be fiction because there is no mention of him in egyption records and there is no archeological evidence for the exodus he leaded. of course, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence but considering those he is predicted to be of fiction.

as usual, I expect christians "we believe in jesus, thus older prophets are nothing for us", they say it when faced with the atrocities of OT but now, it is important. if Moses is of fiction, it means the first 5 books you believe to be the word of God is highly to be of fiction which means it is not the word of god.

the same goes for muslims and judaists but I did not mention them since they do not embrace hypocritical apologetics like those of xtians.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 2:19:24 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2016 2:06:35 AM, Artur wrote:
will it mean something to muslims, christians and judaists?

according to wiki, Moses is assumed to be fiction because there is no mention of him in egyption records and there is no archeological evidence for the exodus he leaded. of course, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence but considering those he is predicted to be of fiction.

as usual, I expect christians "we believe in jesus, thus older prophets are nothing for us", they say it when faced with the atrocities of OT but now, it is important. if Moses is of fiction, it means the first 5 books you believe to be the word of God is highly to be of fiction which means it is not the word of god.

the same goes for muslims and judaists but I did not mention them since they do not embrace hypocritical apologetics like those of xtians.

That's right, where in tarnation are all pot shards of the Jews who lived in Sinai, and where are the skeletal remains of "a whole generation dying" (quote from the Bible) and their livestock?