Jump to topic:

Is Life Good For Humans?

RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 2:41:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Typically one might say there's pros and cons. For some it's some it's a good, for others it isn't. So, the question has 2 parts:

1. Personal. Is life good for you personally?

2. In general, or collective. Is life as a whole good?

From a Christian standpoint, I state it's good in both 1 and 2. I believe the creator of the universe has/had given the opportunity of eternal life to each human being that ever lived.

If the discussion leads to non-human life, that's fine. But for starters I'm focusing on human life.

What is your view for both 1 and 2, and why?
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 4:21:13 PM
At 7/21/2016 2:41:30 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
Typically one might say there's pros and cons. For some it's some it's a good, for others it isn't. So, the question has 2 parts:

From a Christian standpoint, I state it's good in both 1 and 2. I believe the creator of the universe has/had given the opportunity of eternal life to each human being that ever lived.

If the discussion leads to non-human life, that's fine. But for starters I'm focusing on human life.

1. yes
2. life is neither good nor bad, life simply is.
there are many species (like bacteria and viruses that live to kill other living things)
in fact every animal on earth is required to kill and eat living things in order to survive.
which is a major reason why i don't believe in the concept of a "loving god".
a creator would have to be apathetic or evil to create things knowing they would have to kill and eat other creations.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 4:30:27 PM

#1 life is absolutely brilliant.
I wouldn"t be dead for quids.

#2 I don't think I can answer it.
In a way . If you can get away from somewhere and move somewhere. It's good.
I think.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 4:50:53 PM

1. Absolutely. Its a struggle sometimes but even in that struggle I find blessings. As a Christian I do find myself constantly at war with things unseen and have an awareness of that. But Christ put his bootheel on Satans throat while he is helpless to just squirm and annoy people like a mosquito.

2. Id say no. The world today has gotten less and less spiritual, tending to give themselves up to various evils. We right now are living in an age of mass terrorism accross the globe, illusions of freedom from governments, police dying and justice for slain peoples not being carried out. The overall lack of justice being carried out is troublesome.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 4:58:59 PM
I believe the creator of the universe has/had given the opportunity of eternal life to each human being that ever lived.
So you don't believe it's good at all because you want a different life.
We get it.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:05:47 AM
At 7/21/2016 4:21:13 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

1. yes
2. life is neither good nor bad, life simply is.
there are many species (like bacteria and viruses that live to kill other living things)
in fact every animal on earth is required to kill and eat living things in order to survive.
which is a major reason why i don't believe in the concept of a "loving god".
a creator would have to be apathetic or evil to create things knowing they would have to kill and eat other creations.
If you eat meat, would that constitute a lack of love on your part? Of course you might be a vegetarian. But that's still eating living organisms.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:06:27 AM
At 7/21/2016 4:30:27 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

#1 life is absolutely brilliant.
I wouldn"t be dead for quids.

#2 I don't think I can answer it.
In a way . If you can get away from somewhere and move somewhere. It's good.
I think.
That might be debatable.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:23:30 AM
At 7/21/2016 4:50:53 PM, bigotry wrote:

1. Absolutely. Its a struggle sometimes but even in that struggle I find blessings. As a Christian I do find myself constantly at war with things unseen and have an awareness of that. But Christ put his bootheel on Satans throat while he is helpless to just squirm and annoy people like a mosquito.

2. Id say no. The world today has gotten less and less spiritual, tending to give themselves up to various evils. We right now are living in an age of mass terrorism accross the globe, illusions of freedom from governments, police dying and justice for slain peoples not being carried out. The overall lack of justice being carried out is troublesome.
Yes. I might be a bit off topic here, but #2 reminds me of this verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:3
Parallel Verses
New International Version
While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

I would bet that if 30 years ago, or even 20 someone had the uncanny ability to predict certain things in the future and predicted a worldwide internet, many people would say "after the new millennium there will be world peace". Almost the entire world communicating on discussion forums, facebook, etc. Google maps, Google earth, etc. And yet even in this internet age where people from all over the world are communicating with each other things are just getting worse and worse.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:34:40 AM
At 7/22/2016 4:05:47 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
If you eat meat, would that constitute a lack of love on your part? Of course you might be a vegetarian. But that's still eating living organisms.

maybe. is that how you look at your food as a lack of love on your part?
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:57:10 PM
At 7/22/2016 4:34:40 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 7/22/2016 4:05:47 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:

maybe. is that how you look at your food as a lack of love on your part?
I don't personally no. Particularly since feeding others (children and family members, friends, the homeless, pets, etc. is an act of love. And that includes making sure the food provided is actually healthy for the body.

I'm guess I'm not understanding your reference to on the one hand life being good for you, on the other hand life is neither good or bad in general. Do you think it's possible that the creator is providing you with food, and all the other pleasures you enjoy that makes life good for you?