Jump to topic:

Prima Causa

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 4:46:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I believe everyone intuitively knows there is first cause which was not created. No matter what you want to call that first cause, it is your god. I don't care if you think there was eternal subatomic goop floating around no universe and it spontaneously created other things. That eternal goop is what you choose for a god. It's just a pagan god.

Now come those who will insist there is either no first cause not created, or that something eternal and not created is not the thing they worship.

Not debating.....there are too many people on here who do not debate or argue intellectually or honestly. You don't have to like the truth, it just is.

Just sayin'.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 4:51:55 PM
Bronto enters room-

http://youtu.be...

It'll wizz right over their heads and out the door. The atheists will lsugh, the n pause, think about it a minute in silence, find prozak or steal their kids' ridlin, and go back to being high.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 4:54:00 PM
At 7/23/2016 4:46:15 PM, Throwback wrote:
I believe everyone intuitively knows there is first cause which was not created. No matter what you want to call that first cause, it is your god. I don't care if you think there was eternal subatomic goop floating around no universe and it spontaneously created other things. That eternal goop is what you choose for a god. It's just a pagan god.

Now come those who will insist there is either no first cause not created, or that something eternal and not created is not the thing they worship.

Not debating.....there are too many people on here who do not debate or argue intellectually or honestly. You don't have to like the truth, it just is.

Just sayin'.
You might as well run away now.
You have no credibility after your last attempt.
Piss off.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 4:55:20 PM
I believe everyone intuitively knows there is first cause which was not created.

And I believe Whoopers are tastier than Big Macs. So what?

I don't intuitively know "there is first cause, which was not created".
Evidence for the claim that everybody does, please?
Everybody's alleged intuition is not evidence.

No matter what you want to call that first cause, it is your god.

Deism.
Multiverse.

I don't care if you think there was eternal subatomic goop floating around no universe and it spontaneously created other things. That eternal goop is what you choose for a god. It's just a pagan god.

Bollocks.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Lawrence Krauss's public talks on cosmogony.

English, if you don't mind.

Not debating.....there are too many people on here who do not debate or argue intellectually or honestly.

I dare you to name them.
If you're not here to debate, this is the wrong forum for you. Hyde Park, Speakers' Corner. Bring a soapbox.

You don't have to like the truth, it just is.

The truth is not certified by you.

Just sayin'.

Exactly.
Just sayin',
not provin'
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 4:57:52 PM

Just sayin'.

Interesting perspective. God is usually described and defined as some one/thing with agency, communicative abilities, whatever.

I think your true colors are starting to show, and in reality, you would prefer everyone be just as irrational as you. To do so, however, it requires a few tweaks of commonly accepted terms, mainly, God and creation. Apparently, now, in your example, the omniscient, omnipotent, loving, kind, and merciful God many tout can be described as eternal goop, and that doesn't change the argument.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 4:59:49 PM
Atheists have failed to describe intuition.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:01:07 PM
At 7/23/2016 4:59:49 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Theists have failed to describe god.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:01:52 PM
I believe everyone intuitively knows there is first cause which was not created.
hahahahahahahahahaha
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:02:13 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:01:07 PM, bulproof wrote:

Actually there's a whole book about it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:04:19 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:02:13 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Bronto, you might not be aware of this.
There are several, and I do mean, several books claiming to describe God. Guess what? They don't add up.

So sorry, Bronto.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:04:26 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:01:52 PM, bulproof wrote:
hahahahahahahahahaha

See. Told ya OP. Right there in post #2. They are predictable. Laugh. Pause. Think about it. Feel anxious. Retreat to medicine cabinet.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:04:54 PM
Bronto exits room-

Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:05:35 PM

After all, God is transcendent.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
CharlesGrey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:05:59 PM

Just sayin'.

Sure, the problem with that is that it makes the term "god" meaningless.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:08:05 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:04:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
hahahahahahahahahaha

See. Told ya OP. Right there in post #2. They are predictable. Laugh. Pause. Think about it. Feel anxious. Retreat to medicine cabinet.
Your glasses would be quite thick.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:10:06 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:08:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
hahahahahahahahahaha

That's just your cocktail of Zoloft talking bull

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:10:59 PM
Bronto exits room-

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:14:35 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:10:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/23/2016 5:08:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
hahahahahahahahahaha

That's just your cocktail of Zoloft talking bull
Ask some of the bigger kiddies to improve your insults for you, that way you may present as better than a three year old.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:28:18 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:04:19 PM, Omniverse wrote:

There are several, and I do mean, several books claiming to describe God. Guess what? They don't add up.

So sorry, Bronto.

So Im right.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:30:03 PM
Quote:

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:32:34 PM
Bronto exits thread-

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 5:34:32 PM
At 7/23/2016 5:30:03 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Quote:

Did you miss this?
At 7/23/2016 5:04:19 PM, Omniverse wrote:

So sorry, Bronto.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:15:49 PM

Just sayin'.

It sounds like you just came in, made some assertions, then pretty much just said, I don't give a f*ck, I am right, and I am not listening to anything else that suggests other wise.

If your going to do that kind of bullsh*t, don't go around lecturing everyone else about how unreasonable they are.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:29:08 PM

Not debating.....there are too many people on here who do not debate or argue intellectually or honestly.

True, that would be those who claim they know the truth about god.

You don't have to like the truth, it just is.

Just sayin'.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth