Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Islam does not preach unconditional love.

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 3:45:22 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/24/2016 3:36:42 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com...

Response: Of course it does not preach unconditional love. No such thing exist, nor does it make sense. Love itself is a condition so unconditional love is an absurd and contradictory concept from the start.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 3:47:58 AM

Response: The Biblical Jesus is against love.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on Earth I came not to end peace but a sword "Matthew 10:34.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 10:27:05 AM

What hypocrisy. From the biased article:

The Koran clearly teaches that Allah hates non-Muslims:

QUR'AN 3:31-32 / SAY [O MUHAMMAD]: IF YOU LOVE ALLAH, THEN FOLLOW ME, ALLAH WILL LOVE YOU AND FORGIVE YOU YOUR FAULTS, AND ALLAH IS FORGIVING, MERCIFUL. SAY: OBEY ALLAH AND THE APOSTLE; BUT IF THEY TURN BACK, THEN SURELY ALLAH DOES NOT LOVE THE UNBELIEVERS.

QUR'AN 30:43-45 / THEN TURN THY FACE STRAIGHT TO THE RIGHT RELIGION BEFORE THERE COME FROM ALLAH THE DAY WHICH CANNOT BE AVERTED; ON THAT DAY THEY SHALL BECOME SEPARATED. WHOEVER DISBELIEVES, HE SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS DISBELIEF, AND WHOEVER DOES GOOD, THEY PREPARE (GOOD) FOR THEIR OWN SOULS, THAT HE MAY REWARD THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND DO GOOD OUT OF HIS GRACE; SURELY HE DOES NOT LOVE THE UNBELIEVERS.

From the Bible:

2 John 1:9-11 ESV
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

2 Corinthians 6:14 ESV
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Revelation 21:8 ESV
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Exodus 20:5 NAS
"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13 ESV
And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

Psalm 14:1 ESV
To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 ESV
Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

2 Peter 2:20 NIV
If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"[g] and, "A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud."

1 Timothy 5:8 ESV
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Etc. Etc.

Christians are such hypocrites.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 4:47:37 PM
At 7/24/2016 3:45:22 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Of course it does not preach unconditional love. No such thing exist, nor does it make sense. Love itself is a condition so unconditional love is an absurd and contradictory concept from the start.

Not true. A mother's love (most mothers) for her child is unconditional. That child could do something horrible, like join isis and enslave women and children and butcher people. She may be abhorred by his actions and may not even like him anymore, but the love does nor die. That is unconditional love. Maybe Muslims just don't get it.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 4:48:45 PM
At 7/24/2016 3:47:58 AM, Fatihah wrote:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on Earth I came not to end peace but a sword "Matthew 10:34.

Just a silly response to a verse not meant to be taken literally.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 7:49:22 PM
At 7/24/2016 4:47:37 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

Not true. A mother's love (most mothers) for her child is unconditional. That child could do something horrible, like join isis and enslave women and children and butcher people. She may be abhorred by his actions and may not even like him anymore, but the love does nor die. That is unconditional love. Maybe Muslims just don't get it.

Response: Not true. A mother's love is conditional. Love is not just a feeling. It is based on actions and no loving mother rewards evil behavior the same way as she does good behavior, nor is the feeling in her heart the same way when a child does evil vs. good.

Maybe non-Muslims like yourself don't get it.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 7:52:53 PM
At 7/24/2016 4:48:45 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

Response: Just a silly response to dodge the fact that the verse literally means your Jesus is not loving.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 8:49:45 PM
At 7/24/2016 7:52:53 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Just a silly response to dodge the fact that the verse literally means your Jesus is not loving.

You always say stupid things that don't make sense. You Muslims are supposed to revere Jesus. you can't bring Him down to the gutter dwelling level of Mohamed. Jeus preached love and compassion whereas Mohamed was a butcher.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 8:50:45 PM
At 7/24/2016 7:49:22 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/24/2016 4:47:37 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

Response: Not true. A mother's love is conditional. Love is not just a feeling. It is based on actions and no loving mother rewards evil behavior the same way as she does good behavior, nor is the feeling in her heart the same way when a child does evil vs. good.

Maybe non-Muslims like yourself don't get it.

I'm pretty sure you don't get it.
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:12:41 PM
At 7/24/2016 8:49:45 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You always say stupid things that don't make sense. You Muslims are supposed to revere Jesus. you can't bring Him down to the gutter dwelling level of Mohamed. Jeus preached love and compassion whereas Mohamed was a butcher.
He's referring to Biblical Jesus. Muslims have more reverence for Jesus than most Christians. We actually do what he asked, unlike most Christians who worship him. And way to entice Muslims to Christianity by insulting Mohamed. Class act bud, keep it up.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:33:53 AM
At 7/24/2016 9:12:41 PM, thedynasty139 wrote:

He's referring to Biblical Jesus. Muslims have more reverence for Jesus than most Christians. We actually do what he asked, unlike most Christians who worship him. And way to entice Muslims to Christianity by insulting Mohamed. Class act bud, keep it up.

First off, I really don't think you have more reverence for Jesus than Christians. He is the basis and foundation of their whole religion. They actually believe he is the Son of God. That's actually true but no more true than you or I are the sons of God. I don't mean to be gender specific, because the soul has no particular sex, but is also both. So tell me, Muslim, what is it that you do that Jesus asked that Christians do not do? You are a warring religion and Jesus was a man of great love and peace. Your prophet said a lot of goodthings but just rehashed Jesus' teachings. Actually this is proof that Islam, despite it's grandiose claims, was only meant for Arabs; to unite them under an omnipresence, One God.

Mohamed made his own bed with his violent conquering murdering tendencies and fully deserves to be severely criticized. Don't you see? Islam is the only violent religion today. Christianity has reformed itself. Islam is a violent ideology. isis actually follows what Mohamed preached, at least the bad side of Mohamed. Class act? I just tell it as I see it. Islam is a cancer on the planet and needs to be heavily reformed to allow it to come into the 21st century. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it acted like other religions and didn't have designs on world domination. That is too much to ask.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:34:09 AM
At 7/25/2016 2:33:53 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

First off, I really don't think you have more reverence for Jesus than Christians. He is the basis and foundation of their whole religion. They actually believe he is the Son of God. That's actually true but no more true than you or I are the sons of God. I don't mean to be gender specific, because the soul has no particular sex, but is also both. So tell me, Muslim, what is it that you do that Jesus asked that Christians do not do? You are a warring religion and Jesus was a man of great love and peace. Your prophet said a lot of goodthings but just rehashed Jesus' teachings. Actually this is proof that Islam, despite it's grandiose claims, was only meant for Arabs; to unite them under an omnipresence, One God.

Mohamed made his own bed with his violent conquering murdering tendencies and fully deserves to be severely criticized. Don't you see? Islam is the only violent religion today. Christianity has reformed itself. Islam is a violent ideology. isis actually follows what Mohamed preached, at least the bad side of Mohamed. Class act? I just tell it as I see it. Islam is a cancer on the planet and needs to be heavily reformed to allow it to come into the 21st century. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it acted like other religions and didn't have designs on world domination. That is too much to ask.

But Jesus said : don't think I bring peace, but sword.
It implies jesus supported violence, since we know violence is not always the bad thing just like you do justify the killing of Osama bin Laden.
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 1:44:28 PM
At 7/25/2016 2:33:53 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Empty claims without proof is all I see. Show me some evidence and I'll consider responding. Otherwise, I couldn't be bothered to refute baseless claims that have been refuted time and time again.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:19:47 PM

Response: That's your Bible dummy. So it's you bringing down Jesus by calling him someone against peace in your own Bible.

Your Jesus is a sadistic manic who was clearly against peace according to his own words. Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on Earth I came not to send peace but a sword"
pacchu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:37:58 PM

Jesus was preaching the love of God which is much different than the love his people are deceived by. Religious people show kindness thinking they are loving others with that kindness. I can change that kindness into extreme anger with the love of God.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:42:23 PM
At 7/25/2016 2:37:58 PM, pacchu wrote:

Jesus was preaching the love of God which is much different than the love his people are deceived by. Religious people show kindness thinking they are loving others with that kindness. I can change that kindness into extreme anger with the love of God.

Response: Saying you are not for peace, as Jesus of the Bible stated in Matthew 10:34, is not a statement of love or love for God because being against peace is evil.
pacchu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:52:26 PM
At 7/25/2016 2:42:23 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:37:58 PM, pacchu wrote:

Response: Saying you are not for peace, as Jesus of the Bible stated in Matthew 10:34, is not a statement of love or love for God because being against peace is evil. : :

The love of God is a symbolic phrase that has nothing to do with the sense of emotions that man deals with in the world. Man thinks acts of kindness or sexual lust has something to do with love. They're only acts for selfish man to gain something from it. The love of God is everything a man experiences called life. There will be an end to the life that man is experiencing in this world soon. Then a new heaven and earth will appear and man will begin experiencing a new kind of life.