Jump to topic:

Go To Hell

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:32:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Christian and Islamic faiths promote the concept of living on your knees for the rest of your life and you will be richly rewarded in your afterlife. Sounds great but if we really look into it, wouldn't Hell be a better option?
Sure you get the option of sleeping with 72 virgins by going to heaven (even though females might get a bit frustrated), all the food will be good and healthy and you will be in a constant state of elation so they must have some great stuff up there. But, let's face it; do you really want to see your relatives and watch re-runs of The Waltons every day for all eternity?
In Hell there won't be any virgins, the beer may be a bit warm and you would be eating nothing but hotdogs and devilled wings but I could live with that, it won't kill me. They would have some pretty good "after-live" acts, Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd (they all went there at once), Ozzy Osborne (touring soon). And what gigs does Heaven have: The Singing Nuns and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Also you could go around doing things just for the hell of it. Whereas in Heaven the MC will probably have you kissing his omnipotent derriere every day but beware, He has a severe anger management problem, any non-compliance, He will put you on permanent piano dropping duties.
So, where would you rather go, heaven or Hell?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:57:36 PM
At 7/24/2016 12:32:53 PM, Willows wrote:
Christian and Islamic faiths promote the concept of living on your knees for the rest of your life and you will be richly rewarded in your afterlife. Sounds great but if we really look into it, wouldn't Hell be a better option?
Sure you get the option of sleeping with 72 virgins by going to heaven (even though females might get a bit frustrated), all the food will be good and healthy and you will be in a constant state of elation so they must have some great stuff up there. But, let's face it; do you really want to see your relatives and watch re-runs of The Waltons every day for all eternity?
In Hell there won't be any virgins, the beer may be a bit warm and you would be eating nothing but hotdogs and devilled wings but I could live with that, it won't kill me. They would have some pretty good "after-live" acts, Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd (they all went there at once), Ozzy Osborne (touring soon). And what gigs does Heaven have: The Singing Nuns and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Also you could go around doing things just for the hell of it. Whereas in Heaven the MC will probably have you kissing his omnipotent derriere every day but beware, He has a severe anger management problem, any non-compliance, He will put you on permanent piano dropping duties.

You could, instead get sent to Limbo. Which is, apparently an etenal Caribbean dance party.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:59:52 PM

You know nothing about heaven and hell. No wonder you are a disbeliever, if you knew what I know then you would become a believer.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:16:27 PM
At 7/24/2016 12:59:52 PM, uncung wrote:

You know nothing about heaven and hell. No wonder you are a disbeliever, if you knew what I know then you would become a believer.

So, you have visited these places or know someone who has?
I would appreciate your sharing your knowledge so we can all make an informed choice.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:24:24 PM
At 7/24/2016 1:16:27 PM, Willows wrote:

I would appreciate your sharing your knowledge so we can all make an informed choice.

the way you depict heaven and hell is wrong. there is no such 72 virgins in heaven.
you will not see anyone in hell, you will be tortured under the massive darkness in hell.

the description about heaven and hell is very complex.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:26:52 PM
At 7/24/2016 1:24:24 PM, uncung wrote:

the way you depict heaven and hell is wrong. there is no such 72 virgins in heaven.
you will not see anyone in hell, you will be tortured under the massive darkness in hell.

Translation: "I would be lying if I said I knew anything about heaven or hell"
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:31:38 PM
At 7/24/2016 1:26:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No one except God able to know anything about heaven and hell. However I know many things.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 2:01:19 PM

Response: Paradise (Heaven) is better of course, but if you want to go to Hell, who am or anyone else to stop you.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 2:11:02 PM
At 7/24/2016 1:31:38 PM, uncung wrote:

No one except God able to know anything about heaven and hell. However I know many things.

>no one except god is able to know anything about heaven and hell
> "i know many things"

Choose. You're full of contradictions, just like the Bible.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 4:57:42 PM

So you're tortured for all of eternity for finite sins?
That's wonderful. And fair.
It's extremely fair.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 5:14:04 PM
At 7/24/2016 1:31:38 PM, uncung wrote:

No one except God able to know anything about heaven and hell.

Thank you for admitting that you were lying.

However I know many things.

No, you don't.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 7:42:27 PM

Well about the statement that Hell won't kill you, you're not wrong.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:07:54 PM

Why don't you atheists ever focus on the larger picture, rather than just what's in the gutters?

I find it hilarious that the perception of atheists is always boredom when it comes to eternity, how shallow of a mind because they just don't realize the diversity, the dynamics, the never ending knowledge of the spiritual dimensions. The bliss, the excitement and joy of merging closer to God, the Master and Creator of all that we know and will ever know, how could you not want to unite with such an incredible Being! you don't have any idea what God is like, you have no idea what God can do and wants to do, how could anything ever get boring when God can create and recreate whatever and whenever He wants! He is the maker of all we finds joy in, fun in, comfort in, amazement in, wonder in, love in, passionate in He is the source of all we find happiness in on this earth, He is the Originator of music, food, friendship, love, creativity, hobbies all of it! how much more for eternity! how much more you will know and attain in eternity rather than this brief visit of this planet, how could you not want to be a part in that!?

Do you have anything besides resentment and sarcasm? man, if you would just let down those walls the spirit would make quick work of you, wouldn't you like that? we can make that happen...
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 10:09:13 PM

I don"t think you really know what hell or heaven has, but for me it is enough that God (= Love according to the Bible, 1 John 4) wins.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 10:11:47 PM
At 7/24/2016 9:07:54 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Why don't you atheists ever focus on the larger picture, rather than just what's in the gutters?

Thanks in advance for explaining what the larger picture is. Wouldn't know what I'd do without you, pal.

I find it hilarious that the perception of atheists is always boredom when it comes to eternity,

Not my take,
Guess you were wrong then.

how shallow of a mind because they just don't realize the diversity, the dynamics, the never ending knowledge of the spiritual dimensions. The bliss, the excitement and joy of merging closer to God, the Master and Creator of all that we know and will ever know, how could you not want to unite with such an incredible Being! you don't have any idea what God is like,

I take it that you do.
Stage is all yours.

you have no idea what God can do and wants to do, how could anything ever get boring when God can create and recreate whatever and whenever He wants! He is the maker of all we finds joy in, fun in, comfort in, amazement in, wonder in, love in, passionate in He is the source of all we find happiness in on this earth, He is the Originator of music, food, friendship, love, creativity, hobbies all of it! how much more for eternity!

That's debatable.
John Coltrane is the author of Coltrane's music.
Unless there's something you'd like to share.

Because there's a tiny problem with that theory. There's Satanic music, Muslim music, Buddhist music, etc.,

Is God the author of this music as well?

how much more you will know and attain in eternity rather than this brief visit of this planet, how could you not want to be a part in that!?

Do you have anything besides resentment and sarcasm?

Obviously, you're the enlightened being around here and as such you've left such petty feelings that still shackle the whole of mankind behind a long while ago.

man, if you would just let down those walls the spirit would make quick work of you, wouldn't you like that? we can make that happen...

Shall I bring in the candles, the chicken, the dagger?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 10:13:46 PM

I find it hilarious that the perception of atheists is always boredom when it comes to eternity, how shallow of a mind because they just don't realize the diversity, the dynamics, the never ending knowledge of the spiritual dimensions. The bliss, the excitement and joy of merging closer to God, the Master and Creator of all that we know and will ever know, how could you not want to unite with such an incredible Being! you don't have any idea what God is like, you have no idea what God can do and wants to do, how could anything ever get boring when God can create and recreate whatever and whenever He wants! He is the maker of all we finds joy in, fun in, comfort in, amazement in, wonder in, love in, passionate in He is the source of all we find happiness in on this earth, He is the Originator of music, food, friendship, love, creativity, hobbies all of it! how much more for eternity! how much more you will know and attain in eternity rather than this brief visit of this planet, how could you not want to be a part in that!?

Don't you know the answer to that question yet? How long have you been here yapping about the spiritual and reading the responses?

The answer is quite simple, the reason why no one wants to be part in that is because "that" is a delusional fantasy created in your head.

It doesn't get any more simpler than that.

Do you have anything besides resentment and sarcasm? man, if you would just let down those walls the spirit would make quick work of you, wouldn't you like that? we can make that happen...

Well no, you can't make anything happen, if you could, you would have done that by now and convinced us all that the fantasy in your head isn't an insane notion.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:10:15 AM

When he quotes you on it at judgement, don't act surprised or angry then.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:57:31 AM
At 7/25/2016 2:10:15 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Assuming for a moment that your sky fairy exists, and that she reads every post printed here, how do you think she will react?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 10:29:19 AM
At 7/25/2016 2:10:15 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Don't worry about that, I won't be surprised or angry.
I'd rather go down there than put up with that a self-righteous, bad tempered twit.
Who does he think he is, God or something?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 10:39:23 AM

Sure, i'd love that, it sounds pretty good to me. Just let me know what you are on so I can get into the state of delusion to experience it all.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 10:47:32 AM
Actually, in heaven the beer cans have holes in the bottom and the women don't.
Stay away.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:04:30 AM
I find it hilarious that the perception of atheists is always boredom when it comes to eternity,
I find it hilarious that the fear of death is enough to convince the fearful that their wishful thinking is actually true.
It's so very sad.