Total Posts:71|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

2 questions for Atheists

bulproof
Posts: 30,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 7:03:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

http://www.jewishjournal.com...
About what ?
Not much.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:52:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
Neither. Truth-values do not apply to most theology.

2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?
No. Please see above.
dee-em
Posts: 8,376
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 1:14:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

http://www.jewishjournal.com...

1. Wishful thinking about something does not change reality. I am so certain in my atheism that the question of hope does not arise.
2. No.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
dhardage
Posts: 4,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 1:57:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

http://www.jewishjournal.com...

1. No hope required. The evidence is plain.
2. Hard do doubt something that is obvious when you examine it critically.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:19:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?

No.

2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

That's like asking if I doubt skepticism ...to which I would reply - no, it's pretty much a default for unsubstantiated claims.

http://www.jewishjournal.com...
Science has taught us that, because we have a talent for deceiving ourselves, subjectivity may not freely reign. - Carl Sagan

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:25:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Are you blind or illiterate? Answered by at least four people.
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:25:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
Neither

2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

No
http://www.jewishjournal.com...

These questions are not as incisive as Dennis Prager makes them out to be.
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
Throwback
Posts: 540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.
"...But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?"
[Luke 18:8]
foxxhajti
Posts: 671
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:31:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?

A person who is certain of what he believes doesn't need to "hope" that's he's right or wrong.

2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

Not at all.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Willows
Posts: 6,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:32:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

http://www.jewishjournal.com...

Biggest load of self-righteous, ignorant, arrogant crap I have heard in a long time.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:33:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Where have I said that I beat my wife ?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
dhardage
Posts: 4,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:34:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Guess that promotion to God came through for you. No? Then how do you read all those minds and know exactly what they think and feel? Massive ego assisted by religious fiction. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:35:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
I as an athiest think it is clear. I hope I am right just like religious people hope they are right. I as an athiest will not conform to the gazillion rules that the God of Abraham set for us. I like to do whatever I want when ever I please and do not like to think that there is a deity out there looking down on me displeased. Therefore I shall shut out all other evidence that there is a God up there because I am ignorant and ignorance is blissful.
If I were wrong, well darn to me that sucks. Guess ill be thrown into a lake of sulphur and burn in eternity. If I am right I will die and then nothing for eternity. Wow what a lovely prospect. No wonder I'm so depressed. I have nothing to look forwards to when I die.
2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?
Of course not. I as an ignorant athiest never doubt myself. If I did what kind of athiest would I be. I absolutely refuse to accept the fact that my world and universe was created by a deity. That's absolute nonsense and religious people are idiots.

http://www.jewishjournal.com...
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:37:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Yes, this site is hardly a reflection of society.
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:40:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:33:45 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Where have I said that I beat my wife ?

Apparently, you can't answer such a question with a simple yes or no.
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:44:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:37:27 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Yes, this site is hardly a reflection of society.

No it's the perfect reflection of society. Society has the power to twist something that was once seen as good and right into something that's ridiculous and laughable. Just like society can twist something tht was immoral and wrong and put it into a new light where people think its right and good.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:52:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:44:27 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:37:27 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Yes, this site is hardly a reflection of society.

No it's the perfect reflection of society. Society has the power to twist something that was once seen as good and right into something that's ridiculous and laughable. Just like society can twist something tht was immoral and wrong and put it into a new light where people think its right and good.

Do you hope you are right about that?
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
desmac
Posts: 5,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:52:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

If you dislike the site and its habituee's so much, there is a very simple solution. Go to another site where everyone will agree with you.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:55:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:52:28 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:44:27 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:37:27 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Yes, this site is hardly a reflection of society.

No it's the perfect reflection of society. Society has the power to twist something that was once seen as good and right into something that's ridiculous and laughable. Just like society can twist something tht was immoral and wrong and put it into a new light where people think its right and good.

Do you hope you are right about that?

Do you hope I'm right?
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 2:56:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:40:09 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:33:45 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Where have I said that I beat my wife ?

Apparently, you can't answer such a question with a simple yes or no.

OK, let me ask you -

Do you hope that there is ultimate justice in this world?

Do you hope that there is a meaning of life?

You may ditch Yes / No and answer in detail.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:02:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:55:29 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:52:28 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:44:27 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:37:27 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Yes, this site is hardly a reflection of society.

No it's the perfect reflection of society. Society has the power to twist something that was once seen as good and right into something that's ridiculous and laughable. Just like society can twist something tht was immoral and wrong and put it into a new light where people think its right and good.

Do you hope you are right about that?

Do you hope I'm right?

Yet another poster who is unable to answer the question posed...
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:09:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 2:56:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:40:09 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:33:45 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Where have I said that I beat my wife ?

Apparently, you can't answer such a question with a simple yes or no.

OK, let me ask you -

Do you hope that there is ultimate justice in this world?

No, but neither do I hope that there isn't.

Do you hope that there is a meaning of life?

No, but neither do I hope that there isn't.

You may ditch Yes / No and answer in detail.

A consistent theme in the answers should be emerging by now.
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:17:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 3:09:08 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:56:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:40:09 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:33:45 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Where have I said that I beat my wife ?

Apparently, you can't answer such a question with a simple yes or no.

OK, let me ask you -

Do you hope that there is ultimate justice in this world?

No, but neither do I hope that there isn't.

Do you hope that there is a meaning of life?

No, but neither do I hope that there isn't.

Why can't you take a position of pro or con in any of these two questions, especially when you want justice and meaning here in this life.

A consistent theme in the answers should be emerging by now.

I was going to say it anyway -

What's amusing to me is the extraordinarily similar answers by the atheists. It means that atheism is not just a disbelief in god, there are many more beliefs which are traceable to their origination in this thought.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
matt8800
Posts: 2,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:18:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:52:28 AM, UUU wrote:
1. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
2. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

http://www.jewishjournal.com...

1. When I was first making the transition from Christianity, I had hoped my suspicions were wrong. When I got over the initial mind fck, it felt like a burden had been lifted.

2. No, the more time progresses, the more I am amazed that I, or anybody else, believed such strange and barbaric stories with no substantiation.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:28:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 3:02:05 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:55:29 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:52:28 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:44:27 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:37:27 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:29:29 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I won't stop beating my wife until she stops earning it.

I'm amazed to see how overrun this site is with atheist-much more than society at every social and learning class. This site seems to be sadly overrun with left wing socialist ideology, despite the commonality of other views in the real world.

I no longer engage in argument with those who are devoted to the religion of atheism. They are unshakable, as they have pledged themselves to a system of beliefs which relies on narcissism and requires greater faith than belief in a first cause, which only requires reason.

There is no point in atheists trying to be contentious with me on this point. I will only discuss it with those who seek the truth from a desire to know it.

Yes, this site is hardly a reflection of society.

No it's the perfect reflection of society. Society has the power to twist something that was once seen as good and right into something that's ridiculous and laughable. Just like society can twist something tht was immoral and wrong and put it into a new light where people think its right and good.

Do you hope you are right about that?

Do you hope I'm right?

Yet another poster who is unable to answer the question posed...

Yet another poster who is unable to answer the question posed. ;)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
UUU
Posts: 176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:32:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. When I was first making the transition from Christianity, I had hoped my suspicions were wrong. When I got over the initial mind fck, it felt like a burden had been lifted.

matt8800,
That's an honest answer. But I think atheists do have a burden just like theists. In fact, putting a label on your thought and seeking to support it translates to a colored lens.

For example, I don't see many atheists in awe of biological design.

2. No, the more time progresses, the more I am amazed that I, or anybody else, believed such strange and barbaric stories with no substantiation.

I am sure not all of the religious people were forced * lured to believe in god. So why are they believers should be seen as one of the bigger problems by atheists.

Thanks for the reply.
Fly
Posts: 2,876
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 3:37:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 3:17:14 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 3:09:08 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:56:47 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:40:09 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:33:45 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:19:56 PM, Fly wrote:
At 7/25/2016 2:06:34 PM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Atheists apparently can't answer the first question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Where have I said that I beat my wife ?

Apparently, you can't answer such a question with a simple yes or no.

OK, let me ask you -

Do you hope that there is ultimate justice in this world?

No, but neither do I hope that there isn't.

Do you hope that there is a meaning of life?

No, but neither do I hope that there isn't.

Why can't you take a position of pro or con in any of these two questions, especially when you want justice and meaning here in this life.

Because the question of hope is irrelevant. I can demonstrate to you if I can find a similar irrelevancy for you:

Do you hope that alien life exists, or do you hope that it doesn't exist?

A consistent theme in the answers should be emerging by now.

I was going to say it anyway -

What's amusing to me is the extraordinarily similar answers by the atheists. It means that atheism is not just a disbelief in god, there are many more beliefs which are traceable to their origination in this thought.

In another thread, you said you were NOT a theist ("a" and "theist" being separate). Were you telling a fib, or did you make a huge typo that you never corrected? Or are you a deist?
"Put up or shut up" time-- my debate with Yassine:

http://www.debate.org...