Jump to topic:

Theres no religious discussion on here

KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 4:58:33 PM
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

Start one of your own.
Then you can exclude anyone who disagrees with you.

Btw this is not a religion board. It is the religion forum of a Debate site.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:04:55 PM

They have been instructed by the high priests of the New Militant Atheim to overrun the boards.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:32:18 PM

I invite you to tally up how many threads here invite atheist participation and how many threads have atheists barging in rudely and uninvited. This thread of yours should count as one of the former.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:38:14 PM

ATHEISTS ARE RIGHT. STOP BELIEVEING IN CRAP!!!! GOD DOESN'T EXIST PEOPLE!!!!!!! JK.

Whoops just ruined another forum. Sorry. ;)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
ShaneMcG
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:00:29 PM

And yet it's often the religious people who are engaging the atheists in the first place. Like these threads, which are just ones that have new posts in the last 24 hours:

Created by you, Kendo:
-"Atheism is depressing"

Created by UUU:
-"2 questions for Atheists"

Created by zoinks:
-"Atheism is B.S."

And then all the threads by brontoraptor:
-"Atheism forsakes you in your darkest hour"
-"Atheist male problem with women"
-"Why are Atheists afraid of Jesus?"
-"When an Atheist sneezes"
-"Atheism is what happens when you give up"
-"The Pack Atheist Tribe"
-"Atheism and Rumination loops"
-"Why militant atheism is in hot pursuit"
-"Why Atheist Moral equality doesn't matter"

And yes, there are threads started by atheists aimed at Christians as well. But if you're going to complain about all the talk about atheism, at least acknowledge that the religious people are also the ones starting it. And maybe don't make a thread titled "Atheism is depressing"...just a thought.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:13:42 PM
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:

I agree 100%

Don't let the door hit you.

This site, which should be more intellectual,

Ahhhh.
Your presence is sorely needed.

is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being.

Go ahead, show it.
So far, you've been a mediocre apologist.

They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being,

What evidence?

we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible,

Bollocks.

while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order.

Don't be silly.

I refuse to engage them,

Don't let the door hit you.

as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

Did you rehearse that in front of the mirror?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:25:13 PM

Have you ever seen religious people debate? It's going no where fast.
Christian: Jesus is the Messiah! Read the scripture! Prophecy!
Jew: we've been reading the scripture for over 2000 years, he isn't the Messiah.
Muslim: You're both wrong, read the quran!
Buddhist: we don't need a Messiah, through inner peace we can transcend!
*Muslim explodes killing all involved*
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:25:50 PM
At 7/25/2016 6:00:29 PM, ShaneMcG wrote:

And yet it's often the religious people who are engaging the atheists in the first place. Like these threads, which are just ones that have new posts in the last 24 hours:

Created by you, Kendo:
-"Atheism is depressing"

Created by UUU:

Created by zoinks:
-"Atheism is B.S."

No, bronto isn't a problem at all-- atheists are the problem!

And yes, there are threads started by atheists aimed at Christians as well. But if you're going to complain about all the talk about atheism, at least acknowledge that the religious people are also the ones starting it. And maybe don't make a thread titled "Atheism is depressing"...just a thought.

That requires a modicum of self awareness and humility.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
pacchu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 7:07:57 PM
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this. : :

If you're looking for a religious website where there are religious forums to discuss religion in, then look for one that only religious people can join. There are a few where you have to answer religious questions before they will accept you. If you're an atheist, they will automatically ban you. The problem with those sites is that they're totally boring with religious people arguing about whose interpretations are correct.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:15:31 PM
At 7/25/2016 7:07:57 PM, pacchu wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this. : :

If you're looking for a religious website where there are religious forums to discuss religion in, then look for one that only religious people can join. There are a few where you have to answer religious questions before they will accept you. If you're an atheist, they will automatically ban you. The problem with those sites is that they're totally boring with religious people arguing about whose interpretations are correct.

I think it would be great to be able to discuss the reason for the strongly held belief against or for religion without making it a debate-a game of one upsmanship on semantics, but rather the underlying merits of the belief in question.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:18:11 PM

I am more than ready to have an earnest discussion with anyone who has an open mind and is looking for the truth. But I will not engage with committed members of the Atheist cult. Neither of us will convince the other.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:19:40 PM

Criticism is a good thing. Religion is not exempt.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM, desmac wrote:

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.

I'm not sure what just happened. Did someone break wind on their keyboard?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:20:27 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:15:31 PM, Throwback wrote:

I think it would be great to be able to discuss the reason for the strongly held belief against or for religion without making it a debate-a game of one upsmanship on semantics, but rather the underlying merits of the belief in question.

Why would a site called Debate.org do something like that?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:22:42 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:18:11 PM, Throwback wrote:

I am more than ready to have an earnest discussion with anyone who has an open mind and is looking for the truth. But I will not engage with committed members of the Atheist cult. Neither of us will convince the other.

I Would love to engage in conversation with a committed member of the Atheist cult. Seeing as there is no such thing, I will never be able to.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:23:38 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM, Throwback wrote:

He who smelt it........
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:27:27 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:23:38 PM, desmac wrote:

He who smelt it........

You have me there!

As this is off topic and does not involve engaging regarding your cult, I must admit that on its face it would seem I am inviting debate every time I get onto this site. However, I see there are a variety of methods for discussing topics on debate.org, including debate. A forum is not a debate. That is why I am willing to post here while not willing to debate when no one will change anyone's beliefs.
pacchu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:36:11 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:15:31 PM, Throwback wrote:

I think it would be great to be able to discuss the reason for the strongly held belief against or for religion without making it a debate-a game of one upsmanship on semantics, but rather the underlying merits of the belief in question. : :

I know how religions were formed and why they exist. If you want to discuss this with me, then befriend me.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:36:47 PM
At 7/25/2016 9:27:27 PM, Throwback wrote:

He who smelt it........

You have me there!

As this is off topic and does not involve engaging regarding your cult, I must admit that on its face it would seem I am inviting debate every time I get onto this site. However, I see there are a variety of methods for discussing topics on debate.org, including debate. A forum is not a debate. That is why I am willing to post here while not willing to debate when no one will change anyone's beliefs.

You are probably correct in that it is extremely unlikely that any words written here will change anyone's beliefs. However it is all good knockabout fun, nobody gets hurt, and we can all have a good vent.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:52:31 PM
At 7/25/2016 6:00:29 PM, ShaneMcG wrote:

Created by you, Kendo:
-"Atheism is depressing"

Created by UUU:

Created by zoinks:
-"Atheism is B.S."

This.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:16:12 PM
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong.

Could it be that theists are always wrong and need to be told why? Maybe, your complaint should be aimed at them, instead, so they can try to be right for a change.

Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

You should be happy to hear explanations as to why someone is wrong. Or, would you rather the were just wrong all the time?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:40:39 PM
Kendo, do you have a theological topic to discuss that is not some criticism of atheists?

if so, where's your thread?

If not, what are you doing here other than to criticise atheists? And if that's why you're here, why is that the fault of anyone not of religious belief?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:43:27 PM
At 7/25/2016 11:16:12 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong.

Could it be that theists are always wrong and need to be told why? Maybe, your complaint should be aimed at them, instead, so they can try to be right for a change.

Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

You should be happy to hear explanations as to why someone is wrong. Or, would you rather the were just wrong all the time?

I'm glad I read all the way through the thread otherwise I would have posted something very similar.

+1

Someone whining about why people who are continually wrong are continually told they are wrong. We mustn't allow that. Let them have their comforting delusions. The poor dears.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:32:29 AM
At 7/25/2016 9:36:47 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:27:27 PM, Throwback wrote:

He who smelt it........

You have me there!

You are probably correct in that it is extremely unlikely that any words written here will change anyone's beliefs. However it is all good knockabout fun, nobody gets hurt, and we can all have a good vent.

Well, I can't disagree with you there.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:46:34 AM

(Bold mine)

lol, but it is a thing of beauty to watch them flop around the illogic pen insisting they are right. It's like watching baby goats. Just delightful!

https://www.youtube.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:35:26 AM
The problem with religious discussion is that religions usually relate to gods, so when the discussion starts and the religious are asked to provide evidence of the existence of gods the discussion ends.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:42:17 AM

As an atheist, completely neutral to belief I have every democratic right (and consider it a duty and a service) to point out to others who may be impressionable or lacking in knowledge that; religious propaganda is just what it is, utter tripe.

If you really want to discuss religion you are quite free to go along to your nearest church or synagogue where everyone stands around sipping cups of tea with forced smiles on their faces telling each other how humble and righteous they are. Then you can skip home and think how la de da life is.