Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Theres no religious discussion on here

KendoRe2
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 4:58:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

Start one of your own.
Then you can exclude anyone who disagrees with you.

Btw this is not a religion board. It is the religion forum of a Debate site.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:04:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

They have been instructed by the high priests of the New Militant Atheim to overrun the boards.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Fly
Posts: 2,627
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:32:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I invite you to tally up how many threads here invite atheist participation and how many threads have atheists barging in rudely and uninvited. This thread of yours should count as one of the former.
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 5:38:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

ATHEISTS ARE RIGHT. STOP BELIEVEING IN CRAP!!!! GOD DOESN'T EXIST PEOPLE!!!!!!! JK.

Whoops just ruined another forum. Sorry. ;)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
ShaneMcG
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:00:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

And yet it's often the religious people who are engaging the atheists in the first place. Like these threads, which are just ones that have new posts in the last 24 hours:

Created by you, Kendo:
-"Atheism is depressing"

Created by UUU:
-"2 questions for Atheists"

Created by zoinks:
-"Atheism is B.S."

And then all the threads by brontoraptor:
-"Atheism forsakes you in your darkest hour"
-"Atheist male problem with women"
-"Why are Atheists afraid of Jesus?"
-"When an Atheist sneezes"
-"Atheism is what happens when you give up"
-"The Pack Atheist Tribe"
-"Atheism and Rumination loops"
-"Why militant atheism is in hot pursuit"
-"Why Atheist Moral equality doesn't matter"

And yes, there are threads started by atheists aimed at Christians as well. But if you're going to complain about all the talk about atheism, at least acknowledge that the religious people are also the ones starting it. And maybe don't make a thread titled "Atheism is depressing"...just a thought.
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:13:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100%

Don't let the door hit you.

This site, which should be more intellectual,

Ahhhh.
Your presence is sorely needed.

is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being.

Go ahead, show it.
So far, you've been a mediocre apologist.

They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being,

What evidence?

we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible,

Bollocks.

while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order.

Don't be silly.

I refuse to engage them,

Don't let the door hit you.

as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

Did you rehearse that in front of the mirror?
Bennett91
Posts: 5,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:25:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

Have you ever seen religious people debate? It's going no where fast.
Christian: Jesus is the Messiah! Read the scripture! Prophecy!
Jew: we've been reading the scripture for over 2000 years, he isn't the Messiah.
Muslim: You're both wrong, read the quran!
Buddhist: we don't need a Messiah, through inner peace we can transcend!
*Muslim explodes killing all involved*
David Hildebrand - The Progressive Alternative to Dianne Feinstein! http://www.davidforcalifornia.com...

When the Fascist and the Communist argue over which ideology is better they're really just arguing over preferred styles of bureaucracy before getting sent to a death camp.
Fly
Posts: 2,627
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 6:25:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:00:29 PM, ShaneMcG wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

And yet it's often the religious people who are engaging the atheists in the first place. Like these threads, which are just ones that have new posts in the last 24 hours:

Created by you, Kendo:
-"Atheism is depressing"

Created by UUU:
-"2 questions for Atheists"

Created by zoinks:
-"Atheism is B.S."

And then all the threads by brontoraptor:
-"Atheism forsakes you in your darkest hour"
-"Atheist male problem with women"
-"Why are Atheists afraid of Jesus?"
-"When an Atheist sneezes"
-"Atheism is what happens when you give up"
-"The Pack Atheist Tribe"
-"Atheism and Rumination loops"
-"Why militant atheism is in hot pursuit"
-"Why Atheist Moral equality doesn't matter"

No, bronto isn't a problem at all-- atheists are the problem!

And yes, there are threads started by atheists aimed at Christians as well. But if you're going to complain about all the talk about atheism, at least acknowledge that the religious people are also the ones starting it. And maybe don't make a thread titled "Atheism is depressing"...just a thought.

That requires a modicum of self awareness and humility.
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
pacchu
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 7:07:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this. : :

If you're looking for a religious website where there are religious forums to discuss religion in, then look for one that only religious people can join. There are a few where you have to answer religious questions before they will accept you. If you're an atheist, they will automatically ban you. The problem with those sites is that they're totally boring with religious people arguing about whose interpretations are correct.
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:15:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 7:07:57 PM, pacchu wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this. : :

If you're looking for a religious website where there are religious forums to discuss religion in, then look for one that only religious people can join. There are a few where you have to answer religious questions before they will accept you. If you're an atheist, they will automatically ban you. The problem with those sites is that they're totally boring with religious people arguing about whose interpretations are correct.

I think it would be great to be able to discuss the reason for the strongly held belief against or for religion without making it a debate-a game of one upsmanship on semantics, but rather the underlying merits of the belief in question.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:18:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I am more than ready to have an earnest discussion with anyone who has an open mind and is looking for the truth. But I will not engage with committed members of the Atheist cult. Neither of us will convince the other.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:19:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

Criticism is a good thing. Religion is not exempt.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.

I'm not sure what just happened. Did someone break wind on their keyboard?
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:20:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:15:31 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 7:07:57 PM, pacchu wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this. : :

If you're looking for a religious website where there are religious forums to discuss religion in, then look for one that only religious people can join. There are a few where you have to answer religious questions before they will accept you. If you're an atheist, they will automatically ban you. The problem with those sites is that they're totally boring with religious people arguing about whose interpretations are correct.

I think it would be great to be able to discuss the reason for the strongly held belief against or for religion without making it a debate-a game of one upsmanship on semantics, but rather the underlying merits of the belief in question.

Why would a site called Debate.org do something like that?
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:22:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:18:11 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I am more than ready to have an earnest discussion with anyone who has an open mind and is looking for the truth. But I will not engage with committed members of the Atheist cult. Neither of us will convince the other.

I Would love to engage in conversation with a committed member of the Atheist cult. Seeing as there is no such thing, I will never be able to.
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:23:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.

I'm not sure what just happened. Did someone break wind on their keyboard?

He who smelt it........
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:27:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:23:38 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.

I'm not sure what just happened. Did someone break wind on their keyboard?

He who smelt it........

You have me there!

As this is off topic and does not involve engaging regarding your cult, I must admit that on its face it would seem I am inviting debate every time I get onto this site. However, I see there are a variety of methods for discussing topics on debate.org, including debate. A forum is not a debate. That is why I am willing to post here while not willing to debate when no one will change anyone's beliefs.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
pacchu
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:36:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:15:31 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 7:07:57 PM, pacchu wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this. : :

If you're looking for a religious website where there are religious forums to discuss religion in, then look for one that only religious people can join. There are a few where you have to answer religious questions before they will accept you. If you're an atheist, they will automatically ban you. The problem with those sites is that they're totally boring with religious people arguing about whose interpretations are correct.

I think it would be great to be able to discuss the reason for the strongly held belief against or for religion without making it a debate-a game of one upsmanship on semantics, but rather the underlying merits of the belief in question. : :

I know how religions were formed and why they exist. If you want to discuss this with me, then befriend me.
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:36:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:27:27 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:23:38 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.

I'm not sure what just happened. Did someone break wind on their keyboard?

He who smelt it........

You have me there!

As this is off topic and does not involve engaging regarding your cult, I must admit that on its face it would seem I am inviting debate every time I get onto this site. However, I see there are a variety of methods for discussing topics on debate.org, including debate. A forum is not a debate. That is why I am willing to post here while not willing to debate when no one will change anyone's beliefs.

You are probably correct in that it is extremely unlikely that any words written here will change anyone's beliefs. However it is all good knockabout fun, nobody gets hurt, and we can all have a good vent.
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 9:52:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:00:29 PM, ShaneMcG wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

And yet it's often the religious people who are engaging the atheists in the first place. Like these threads, which are just ones that have new posts in the last 24 hours:

Created by you, Kendo:
-"Atheism is depressing"

Created by UUU:
-"2 questions for Atheists"

Created by zoinks:
-"Atheism is B.S."

And then all the threads by brontoraptor:
-"Atheism forsakes you in your darkest hour"
-"Atheist male problem with women"
-"Why are Atheists afraid of Jesus?"
-"When an Atheist sneezes"
-"Atheism is what happens when you give up"
-"The Pack Atheist Tribe"
-"Atheism and Rumination loops"
-"Why militant atheism is in hot pursuit"
-"Why Atheist Moral equality doesn't matter"

And yes, there are threads started by atheists aimed at Christians as well. But if you're going to complain about all the talk about atheism, at least acknowledge that the religious people are also the ones starting it. And maybe don't make a thread titled "Atheism is depressing"...just a thought.

This.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:16:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong.

Could it be that theists are always wrong and need to be told why? Maybe, your complaint should be aimed at them, instead, so they can try to be right for a change.

Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

You should be happy to hear explanations as to why someone is wrong. Or, would you rather the were just wrong all the time?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:40:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.
Kendo, do you have a theological topic to discuss that is not some criticism of atheists?

if so, where's your thread?

If not, what are you doing here other than to criticise atheists? And if that's why you're here, why is that the fault of anyone not of religious belief?
dee-em
Posts: 8,222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 11:43:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 11:16:12 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong.

Could it be that theists are always wrong and need to be told why? Maybe, your complaint should be aimed at them, instead, so they can try to be right for a change.

Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

You should be happy to hear explanations as to why someone is wrong. Or, would you rather the were just wrong all the time?

I'm glad I read all the way through the thread otherwise I would have posted something very similar.

+1

Someone whining about why people who are continually wrong are continually told they are wrong. We mustn't allow that. Let them have their comforting delusions. The poor dears.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:32:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 9:36:47 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:27:27 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:23:38 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:20:15 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 9:18:57 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.

You refuse to engage atheists because they beat you every time. It is pure cowardice on your part.

I'm not sure what just happened. Did someone break wind on their keyboard?

He who smelt it........

You have me there!

As this is off topic and does not involve engaging regarding your cult, I must admit that on its face it would seem I am inviting debate every time I get onto this site. However, I see there are a variety of methods for discussing topics on debate.org, including debate. A forum is not a debate. That is why I am willing to post here while not willing to debate when no one will change anyone's beliefs.

You are probably correct in that it is extremely unlikely that any words written here will change anyone's beliefs. However it is all good knockabout fun, nobody gets hurt, and we can all have a good vent.

Well, I can't disagree with you there.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
ethang5
Posts: 5,172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:46:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 6:05:56 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

I agree 100% This site, which should be more intellectual, is filled with the false intelligentsia and sophisticants who don't have the capacity to reason from first things to the necessity of a supreme being. They are narcissists who insist despite all evidence pointing to the existence of this being, we must provide a single item of prove which standing alone would make the gift of faith irrelevant and impossible, while they exhibit faith in nothingness which requires mental gymnastics of the highest order. I refuse to engage them, as they are cultists and immune to the facts and truth.
(Bold mine)

lol, but it is a thing of beauty to watch them flop around the illogic pen insisting they are right. It's like watching baby goats. Just delightful!

https://www.youtube.com...
bulproof
Posts: 29,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:35:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.
The problem with religious discussion is that religions usually relate to gods, so when the discussion starts and the religious are asked to provide evidence of the existence of gods the discussion ends.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Willows
Posts: 5,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:42:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2016 4:46:58 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Just atheist telling others why they're wrong. Sad that every religion board I've ever seen on these type of sites is like this.

As an atheist, completely neutral to belief I have every democratic right (and consider it a duty and a service) to point out to others who may be impressionable or lacking in knowledge that; religious propaganda is just what it is, utter tripe.

If you really want to discuss religion you are quite free to go along to your nearest church or synagogue where everyone stands around sipping cups of tea with forced smiles on their faces telling each other how humble and righteous they are. Then you can skip home and think how la de da life is.