Total Posts:98|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Are Mohammad Pictures Considered Sacred?

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 2:29:53 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I tried to post this in the opinion section, but it does not lend itself well to the yes or no format, so here goes:

Why are we Christians always being told disrespectful images of Christ are free speech, while disrespectful Images of Mohammad are inexcusable? My topic was too long here also, and would have included "...when Jesus Pictures Are Not?"

I really don't care what people who hate Christ do to depict Him negatively. I believe they will answer for that after death (no debate, just my belief). But the sick lunatic pedophile Mohammad (damnation and the fires of hell be upon him) MUST be respected. This man has possibly caused more ignorance, suffering, and death over the centuries through his insane writings than any other human. Sorry, but I just don't respect him, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Nero, or any other murderous loon.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 2:39:55 AM
At 7/26/2016 2:33:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
They're not.

By you and me, but by a large number of even non Mohammadens they are thought sacred. Is that out of fear of offending a mortal enemy who wants to kill them? Personally I don't want to sacrifice my beliefs to make sure the guy who cuts of my head hates me instead of really, really hates me.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:12:21 AM
At 7/26/2016 2:29:53 AM, Throwback wrote:
I tried to post this in the opinion section, but it does not lend itself well to the yes or no format, so here goes:

Why are we Christians always being told disrespectful images of Christ are free speech, while disrespectful Images of Mohammad are inexcusable? My topic was too long here also, and would have included "...when Jesus Pictures Are Not?"

I really don't care what people who hate Christ do to depict Him negatively. I believe they will answer for that after death (no debate, just my belief). But the sick lunatic pedophile Mohammad (damnation and the fires of hell be upon him) MUST be respected. This man has possibly caused more ignorance, suffering, and death over the centuries through his insane writings than any other human. Sorry, but I just don't respect him, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Nero, or any other murderous loon.

Because he is a most sacred man ever on the earth.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:16:22 AM
At 7/26/2016 2:39:55 AM, Throwback wrote:
They're not.

By you and me, but by a large number of even non Mohammadens they are thought sacred. Is that out of fear of offending a mortal enemy who wants to kill them? Personally I don't want to sacrifice my beliefs to make sure the guy who cuts of my head hates me instead of really, really hates me.

Muslims love their prophet more than anyone. That's why they get offended when people try to despise him.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:29:10 AM
At 7/26/2016 4:16:22 AM, uncung wrote:
They're not.

Muslims love their prophet more than anyone. That's why they get offended when people try to despise him.

It's not my fault they love a murderous, pedophile rapist. Nothing to honor there. But, if they love their dillhole insane founder, that doesn't mean I have to give even the least respect to the servant of hell (Mohammad).
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:31:16 AM
At 7/26/2016 4:12:21 AM, uncung wrote:

If by sacred, you mean thieving, raping, goat fornicating pedophile who lost any marble he had before writing his drivel, then yes , sacred. Otherwise, not so much.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:33:22 AM
At 7/26/2016 4:31:16 AM, Throwback wrote:

If by sacred, you mean thieving, raping, goat fornicating pedophile who lost any marble he had before writing his drivel, then yes , sacred. Otherwise, not so much.
But he didn't commit so.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:34:14 AM
At 7/26/2016 4:29:10 AM, Throwback wrote:
They're not.

It's not my fault they love a murderous, pedophile rapist. Nothing to honor there. But, if they love their dillhole insane founder, that doesn't mean I have to give even the least respect to the servant of hell (Mohammad).

But he was not a murderous nor a rapist.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:49:05 AM

Does the bible not have a couple of moral stories:
One relating to living in a glass house and throwing stones.
The other about "he who casts the first stone".

From where I stand I see two factions, each as bad as each other and each wringing each other's necks just to prove who has the best imaginary friend.

When are you idiots ever going to get past the bed-wetting stage?
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 2:36:29 PM
Pictures of Mohamed are not considered "sacred", let me get that out of the way first. To depict him as the most modest man you could draw or as the filthiest are both forbidden. The reason is, Muslims did not want to stray from worshipping God alone to a man, as great as he is, like the Christians did with Jesus Christ. However, this does not make it permissible to kill people who attempt to mock the Prophet (pbuh). Nowhere in the Quran does it state that it's Haram to draw a picture of Mohamed. However, most Islamic scholars have banned pictures of Mohamed for Muslims to not stray from the path of worshipping God and God alone, not to punish those who mock him.
Quran 3:144 says: "Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude."

Mohamed was only a prophet, a messenger who's purpose was to lead people to the right path, the path of God and God alone.

Now, onto debunking your false claims of Mohamed spreading ignorance and corruption amongst people. You say he promoted ignorance. First, let us look at Arabia before Islam.

Politically:

"In the century before the rise of Islam the tribes dissipated all their energies in tribal guerrilla fighting, all against all." - G.E. Grunebaum

"Arabia would have remained pagan had there been a man in Mecca who could strike a blow; who would act. But many as were Mohammed's ill-wishers, there was not one of them who had this sort of courage; and (as has been seen) there was no magistracy by which he could be tried."- D. S. Margoliouth

"In Mohammed's Arabia there was no state " there were only scattered independent tribes and towns. The Prophet formed his own state, and he gave it a sacred law prescribed by Allah." - Herbert J. Muller

Economically:

Pre-Islam, Arabia relied largely upon slaves who were treated like animals, and the rich oppressed the poor to no end.

"Usury (riba) was widely practiced in Mecca, for in order to participate in the profitable caravan trade many a Meccan who had only a modest income had to resort to usurers; despite the high interest, he could hope to benefit after the safe return of the caravan. The richer merchants were both traders and usurers.

Money-lenders usually took a dinar for a dinar, a dirhem for a dirhem, in other words, 100 per cent interest. In the Koran 3:130, Allah addressing the faithful, prescribes:

'Do not practice usury doubled twofold.'

This could mean that interests of 200 or even 400 per cent were demanded. The nets of Meccan usury caught not only fellow-citizens and tribesmen but also members of the Hijazi

Bedouin tribes active in the Meccan trade. As in ancient Athens, "the principal means of oppressing the people's freedom were money and usury." - E.A. Belyaev

Socially:
Women had absolutely no role in society, other than being used for sex. Men could marry as many women as they wanted. When a father dies, his son inherits all of his wives. Some Arabic even their daughters alive.

There were even four types of marriage back then:

The Shihab (az-Suhri) said: 'Urwah b. az-Zubayr informed him that Aishah, the wife of the Prophet (God bless and preserve him), informed him that marriage in the Jahiliyah was of four types:

"1. One was the marriage of people as it is today, where a man betroths his ward or his daughter to another man, and the latter assigns a dower (bridewealth) to her and then marries her.

2. Another type was where a man said to his wife when she was purified from her menses, "Send to N and ask to have intercourse with him;' her husband then stays away from her and does not touch her at all until it is clear that she is pregnant from that (other) man with whom she sought intercourse.

When it is clear that she is pregnant, her husband has intercourse with her if he wants. He acts thus simply from the desire for a noble child. This type of marriage was (known as) nikah al-istibda, the marriage of seeking intercourse.

3. Another type was when a group (raht) of less than ten men used to visit the same woman and all of them had to have intercourse with her. If she became pregnant and bore a child, when some nights had passed after the birth she sent for them, and not a man of them might refuse.

When they had come together in her presence, she would say to them, "You (pl.) know the result of your acts; I have borne a child and he is your (sing.) child, N.' " naming whoever she will by his name. Her child is attached to him, and the man may not refuse.

4. The fourth type is when many men frequent a woman, and she does not keep herself from any who comes to her. These women are the baghaya (prostitutes). They used to set up at their doors banners forming a sign. Whoever wanted them went in to them. If one of them conceived and bore a child, they gathered together to her and summoned the physiognomists."

Education:
Their education was extremely limited, and very few could read or write. Some historians agree that they did everything orally.

I'll get into how Islam changed these things in another post as I'm a bit busy right now, and it's really sad I feel the need to point out the progress Islam caused not only in Arabia but the whole world, seeing as how I showed you just how shitty conditions were pre-Islam.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 2:50:07 PM

first of all, disrespectful pictures of Jesus, were not created by Muslims, they're created by atheists and others who don't like the notion of religion and try to offend Christians and religious people with those pictures.
all prophets are holy beings in Islam and we don't offend them or curse them.
also, freedom of speech is allowed in Islamic countries, as long as it doesn't lead to cursing or insulting other people with your crude language.
we believe in the existence of soul. therefor, any kind of psychological, emotional, spiritual, or physical damage which is done unjustly to other people, has punishment in Islamic law.
if you have something to say about Muhammad or Jesus or God or any other prophet or religion for that matter, use your head and logic to prove your point. cursing and using bad pictures is not allowed. not here, and not in Islamic countries.

and the reason for that, is the same reason this forum doesn't allow such things to be published: it will damage the peaceful intellectual environment that is required for the exchange of Ideas and thoughts.

prove your points with logic, if you can.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 2:53:37 PM
At 7/26/2016 4:29:10 AM, Throwback wrote:
They're not.

from the first poll you created, I knew you're just another angry atheist who'd freely use his stupid tongue to hurt people, without being able to actually prove anything.

prove your words, or shut up.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 3:19:44 PM

Response: Muhammad (saw) the prophet of Islam is by far the best example of morality, decency, love and compassion. So you must be referring to another Muhammad in the OP, especially when all of your claims are backed with absolutely no evidence.

However, in Islam, the prophet Muhammad forbade images of him because he did not want to be worshipped as a God or anything special. So this actually shows another example of his humility and modesty. It also shows the strong sense of unity and brotherhood he established in Islam because Muslims will become outraged if a picture is drawn of him, while you can basically disrespect the leaders of other faiths and ideologies and the followers do nothing. Yet if you do the same to their mothers or loved ones they will get mad.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 3:37:40 PM
At 7/26/2016 3:19:44 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Muhammad (saw) the prophet of Islam is by far the best example of morality, decency, love and compassion. So you must be referring to another Muhammad in the OP, especially when all of your claims are backed with absolutely no evidence.

However, in Islam, the prophet Muhammad forbade images of him because he did not want to be worshipped as a God or anything special.

And yet... "Muhammad (saw) the prophet of Islam is by far the best example of morality, decency, love and compassion"...

So much for that. 2 sentences and it comes self refuting. Go Fatiah!

So this actually shows another example of his humility and modesty. It also shows the strong sense of unity and brotherhood he established in Islam because Muslims will become outraged if a picture is drawn of him, while you can basically disrespect the leaders of other faiths and ideologies and the followers do nothing. Yet if you do the same to their mothers or loved ones they will get mad.

Pretty much anyone will get mad if you disrespect them. That's a given. Its a certain brand of some one that shoots up a news paper for it, though.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 3:41:51 PM

Jesus was despised and held in low esteem. He was crucified for his blasphemous lies unlike the prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who was respected and beloved by his followers.

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Jesus was sent to be mocked, beaten, spit on and was crucified for his blasphemous lies. But the prophet was sent for better things which should be obvious to all.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:20:17 PM
They're not.

Then, Muslims should know what it feels like when others get despised by Islam.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:25:26 PM
Muhammad (saw) the prophet of Islam is by far the best example of morality, decency
As are all paedophiles.
bwuahahahahahahaha.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:30:04 PM

Response: Muhammad (saw) the prophet of Islam is by far the best example of morality, decency, love and compassion.
However, in Islam, the prophet Muhammad forbade images of him because he did not want to be worshipped as a God or anything special.

Then, Muslims are failing Muhammad and going against his wishes to not be worshiped or treated like a god.

That would also a imply all pictures of people are meant for worshiping.

So this actually shows another example of his humility and modesty. It also shows the strong sense of unity and brotherhood he established in Islam because Muslims will become outraged if a picture is drawn of him,

Yes exactly, the lengthy track record for Muslims solving their problems with violence remains intact.

while you can basically disrespect the leaders of other faiths and ideologies and the followers do nothing. Yet if you do the same to their mothers or loved ones they will get mad.

And then, they get violent.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 1:00:13 AM

hahahahahahaha. You make me laugh. a butcher and murderer is the most sacred man ever on earth? Jesus has had a far more reaching positive affect on humanity.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 1:02:52 AM

However, in Islam, the prophet Muhammad forbade images of him because he did not want to be worshipped as a God or anything special. So this actually shows another example of his humility and modesty. It also shows the strong sense of unity and brotherhood he established in Islam because Muslims will become outraged if a picture is drawn of him, while you can basically disrespect the leaders of other faiths and ideologies and the followers do nothing. Yet if you do the same to their mothers or loved ones they will get mad.

Muslims get enraged because you can't control your anger. That's all.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 1:13:37 AM
They're not.

Muslims need to grow up. Non-muslims have no obligation to revere or respect him.

The writ of their superstitions does not run beyond their own faith.
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 2:06:09 AM
At 7/27/2016 1:13:37 AM, Looncall wrote:
They're not.

Muslims need to grow up. Non-muslims have no obligation to revere or respect him.

The writ of their superstitions does not run beyond their own faith.

Just because you have no obligation to respect someone it doesn't mean you are free to offend him via say drawing. In the other case you have to know Muslims respect their prophet so no wonder if one offends him Muslims get angry.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 2:10:14 AM
At 7/27/2016 1:00:13 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

hahahahahahaha. You make me laugh. a butcher and murderer is the most sacred man ever on earth? Jesus has had a far more reaching positive affect on humanity.

Did he ever kill someone? nope.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 2:11:28 AM
At 7/26/2016 8:20:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
They're not.

Do Muslims despise others?
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 10:51:47 PM
At 7/27/2016 2:10:14 AM, uncung wrote:
At 7/27/2016 1:00:13 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Did he ever kill someone? nope.

Medina
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 10:55:33 PM
At 7/27/2016 2:11:28 AM, uncung wrote:
They're not.

Of course. You said yourself that Islam's aim is to convert everyone or make them pay a tax or if need be kill them. I'd say that lack of respect for other humans and their freedom of choice is a sure sign of despising them.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 12:14:51 AM
At 7/26/2016 4:34:14 AM, uncung wrote:

But he was not a murderous nor a rapist.

i noticed you didn't bother to deny that Mohammad was a pedophile.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 8:48:44 AM
At 7/27/2016 10:55:33 PM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 7/27/2016 2:11:28 AM, uncung wrote:
They're not.

Of course. You said yourself that Islam's aim is to convert everyone or make them pay a tax or if need be kill them. I'd say that lack of respect for other humans and their freedom of choice is a sure sign of despising them.

since when paying tax is considered as a dispicional?