Total Posts:138|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Athiests Are Idiots

HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:30:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

I think what we just observed there was a very irritated theist.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:30:41 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

Not irritated at all. Amused by the flow of absolute idiocy here. All I do is shake our heads and laugh. I can't speak for anyone else on the forum, though.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:34:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:30:41 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

Not irritated at all. Amused by the flow of absolute idiocy here. All I do is shake our heads and laugh. I can't speak for anyone else on the forum, though.

But you must not shake the heads of others, leave them be.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:37:49 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:34:40 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:30:41 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

Not irritated at all. Amused by the flow of absolute idiocy here. All I do is shake our heads and laugh. I can't speak for anyone else on the forum, though.

But you must not shake the heads of others, leave them be.

Yep, misworded it. I meant shake my head and laugh.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:37:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots.

Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first

Okay, so religion is the "claim"....

and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders.

No, traditionally the person that makes a claim (such as "religion") has the onus to demonstrate their position.

But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence.

That being evidence of non-existence. I would suggest that the lack of talking snakes, floating ax heads, global floods, people turning to salt, the sun staying in position for days on end, trumpets not being used as a battle tactic to knock down walls, people walking on water, etc to be evidence that God becomes more and more unlikely, but hey, its just striking coincidence that as media and communication became more reliable and wide spread that miracle stopped happening.

They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:38:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:30:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

I think what we just observed there was a very irritated theist.

C'mon Dan, you must know that the burden of proof is entirely yours, You are making the second claim.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:40:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:37:49 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:34:40 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:30:41 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

Not irritated at all. Amused by the flow of absolute idiocy here. All I do is shake our heads and laugh. I can't speak for anyone else on the forum, though.

But you must not shake the heads of others, leave them be.

Yep, misworded it. I meant shake my head and laugh.

Yeah, first evidence of paranormal activity, I shook my head and laughed.

How did you do it.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:45:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.

Please don't use Cwmraeg to preface your nonsense.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:58:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:38:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:30:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

I think what we just observed there was a very irritated theist.

C'mon Dan, you must know that the burden of proof is entirely yours, You are making the second claim.

What claim have I made, John?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
pacchu
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 5:00:38 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance. : :

Sorry to inform you but atheists existed long before religion was formed. There were many people who didn't believe in a god at the time of Noah when religion didn't exist. Religion didn't begin until after the flood when man began building false gods with their hands. Religious people worship false gods.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 5:00:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Atheists are smart enough to fool themselves.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Fly
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 5:01:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Ah, yet another well-intentioned religion thread where the atheists typically barge in rudely and uninvited. Can't the militant atheists just leave these constructive theological discussions to the humble and kind theists?
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 5:09:19 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:58:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:38:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:30:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

I think what we just observed there was a very irritated theist.

C'mon Dan, you must know that the burden of proof is entirely yours, You are making the second claim.

What claim have I made, John?

The insinuated second claim in the Op, Apparently the burden lies on the person who rejects the first claim.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 5:46:04 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope.
No need to read any further, stupidity is it's own reward.
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 6:28:57 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
Atheists arent a big group. Theyre a rather small group. And not really a group at all. Kind of like a bunch of cats arent really a group.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 6:31:17 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 6:28:57 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
Atheists arent a big group. Theyre a rather small group. And not really a group at all. Kind of like a bunch of cats arent really a group.
+1 even if I don't like cats six.
bamiller43
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 6:45:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

What is this??

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.

Theists are a big group of idiots who have hope based on ignorance. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove they're right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. You asserted that Gods exist. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God exists and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. Theists are a bunch of idiots who claim they're being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful and theists have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God exists so that they can still have that ignorance.

Other than a few phrasing differences, your argument is totally reversible.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:12:57 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol
Ar gyfer y tir y cennin a'r cartref y defaid!

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope.
Outright false, HP. With world irreligiosity at around 16%, atheists are at best a small group of idiots who have no hope, You really need to research your topic better before posting. :(

I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots.
Actually, precisely half all atheists are below average atheist intelligence. But please don't blame us for that. We're trying to get them above the median, but the goalposts keep moving. :(

Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous.
Since it never seems to work, you might be right. But short of revolution and anarchy, expecting others to be reasonable, diligent and accountable for their asserted authorities is all we've got. :(

Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second.
Oh dear. If only we'd gotten in with some fantasies of our own before the invention of public accountability for lying. :(

Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders.
Unfortunately, of all the things asserted to exist which don't, gods weren't the first, HP. Mythologies are full of beliefs older than gods. Since as atheists the burden to disprove all of them falls on our shoulders alone, we got together at the last Annual General Meeting (in which we also fabricate evidence for evolution and cosmology), and elected to proceed systematically through the alphabet, since that's only fair.

It's slow going though HP. We've been working on falsifying Achilles, Agamemnon, Agni from Hindu myth, King Arthur and Agravaine, plus Ajax, Andromache, Aphrodite, Argos and Asgard. Eventually we'll get to Y for Yahweh, but we might be a while.

But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence.
Well, you shouldn't blame us for that! We saw a bunch of religions claiming the authority to vilify, persecute, invade, imprison, torture, conquer, execute and force conversions on no evidence at all, and thought those were the rules.

But if they're not the rules, someone should really write the real rules down. :(

They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP.
I'm afraid I don't understand this one, HP. Was I born believing but didn't know? Did my parents fail to tell me that?

Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality.
Oh dear! That might be true! The problem is, if it is true, how will the religious ever persuade us it's so when the rules for their belief are different to the rules for atheist disbelief? :(

Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
I can't speak for other atheists HP, but I don't mind whether you think God exists. I do mind though if you treat others as though God exists. Because that's like squirting someone with a fire-hose when you only think they're on fire. The first time is hilariously comedic; but day after day of it becomes a thing called water-boarding, which is generally accepted to be naughty. :(
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:23:37 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 5:09:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:58:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:38:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:30:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

I think what we just observed there was a very irritated theist.

C'mon Dan, you must know that the burden of proof is entirely yours, You are making the second claim.

What claim have I made, John?

The insinuated second claim in the Op, Apparently the burden lies on the person who rejects the first claim.

I'll assume you refer to this...

"Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. "

Looking at the first part...

"Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. "

An assertion is a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief; the existence of a god would fit that definition.

I think that when one asserts a position, they should be able to provide compelling evidence to validate the assertion, regardless of what came first. How does one refute the existence of a god if no gods were ever asserted to begin with? Clearly, the assertion of a gods existence MUST come first. Basic cause and effect.

I would agree if you stated a god existed and I immediately responded with a positive assertion that your god did not exist. The burden of proof would be on me in that case.

But, we are still waiting for the positive assertion that god exists to be shown as valid, so the burden of proof is with whomever makes that positive assertion. In the meantime... have a beer.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:23:55 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 7:12:57 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol
Ar gyfer y tir y cennin a'r cartref y defaid!

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope.
Outright false, HP. With world irreligiosity at around 16%, atheists are at best a small group of idiots who have no hope, You really need to research your topic better before posting. :(

I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots.
Actually, precisely half all atheists are below average atheist intelligence. But please don't blame us for that. We're trying to get them above the median, but the goalposts keep moving. :(

Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous.
Since it never seems to work, you might be right. But short of revolution and anarchy, expecting others to be reasonable, diligent and accountable for their asserted authorities is all we've got. :(

Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second.
Oh dear. If only we'd gotten in with some fantasies of our own before the invention of public accountability for lying. :(

Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders.
Unfortunately, of all the things asserted to exist which don't, gods weren't the first, HP. Mythologies are full of beliefs older than gods. Since as atheists the burden to disprove all of them falls on our shoulders alone, we got together at the last Annual General Meeting (in which we also fabricate evidence for evolution and cosmology), and elected to proceed systematically through the alphabet, since that's only fair.

It's slow going though HP. We've been working on falsifying Achilles, Agamemnon, Agni from Hindu myth, King Arthur and Agravaine, plus Ajax, Andromache, Aphrodite, Argos and Asgard. Eventually we'll get to Y for Yahweh, but we might be a while.

But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence.
Well, you shouldn't blame us for that! We saw a bunch of religions claiming the authority to vilify, persecute, invade, imprison, torture, conquer, execute and force conversions on no evidence at all, and thought those were the rules.

But if they're not the rules, someone should really write the real rules down. :(

They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP.
I'm afraid I don't understand this one, HP. Was I born believing but didn't know? Did my parents fail to tell me that?

Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality.
Oh dear! That might be true! The problem is, if it is true, how will the religious ever persuade us it's so when the rules for their belief are different to the rules for atheist disbelief? :(

Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
I can't speak for other atheists HP, but I don't mind whether you think God exists. I do mind though if you treat others as though God exists. Because that's like squirting someone with a fire-hose when you only think they're on fire. The first time is hilariously comedic; but day after day of it becomes a thing called water-boarding, which is generally accepted to be naughty. :(

George Carlin is spinning like a top and laughing his guts out, well he would be if we were wrong,. Huzzah Ruv.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:48:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 7:23:55 PM, bulproof wrote:
George Carlin is spinning like a top and laughing his guts out, well he would be if we were wrong,. Huzzah Ruv.

I always have great sympathy for HP's posts, Bul. She has declared herself a 21 year-old from North Korea, so getting Internet at all must be quite a challenge. But to then get on and learn Welsh so she can lambast atheists in a language virtually nobody on DDO would recognise... she's risking her life for Freedom of Arcane Speech every day.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:55:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 7:48:54 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 7:23:55 PM, bulproof wrote:
George Carlin is spinning like a top and laughing his guts out, well he would be if we were wrong,. Huzzah Ruv.

I always have great sympathy for HP's posts, Bul. She has declared herself a 21 year-old from North Korea, so getting Internet at all must be quite a challenge. But to then get on and learn Welsh so she can lambast atheists in a language virtually nobody on DDO would recognise... she's risking her life for Freedom of Arcane Speech every day.
I'll need to digest that Ruv but I haven't seen her writing in Welsh (Gaelic).
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:55:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 7:48:54 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 7:23:55 PM, bulproof wrote:
George Carlin is spinning like a top and laughing his guts out, well he would be if we were wrong,. Huzzah Ruv.

I always have great sympathy for HP's posts, Bul. She has declared herself a 21 year-old from North Korea, so getting Internet at all must be quite a challenge. But to then get on and learn Welsh so she can lambast atheists in a language virtually nobody on DDO would recognise... she's risking her life for Freedom of Arcane Speech every day.

Cymru am Byth
Airaux2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:07:50 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.

You give Welsh trolls a bad name.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:09:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 7:55:28 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/26/2016 7:48:54 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
To get on and learn Welsh so she can lambast atheists in a language virtually nobody on DDO would recognise... she's risking her life for Freedom of Arcane Speech every day.
Cymru am Byth

I forgot, Des. :D
Airaux2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:09:41 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:30:41 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:27:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Cue the onslaught of irritated atheists.

Not irritated at all. Amused by the flow of absolute idiocy here. All I do is shake our heads and laugh. I can't speak for anyone else on the forum, though.

How many heads do you have?!
Airaux2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:14:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 7:12:57 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol
Ar gyfer y tir y cennin a'r cartref y defaid!

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope.
Outright false, HP. With world irreligiosity at around 16%, atheists are at best a small group of idiots who have no hope, You really need to research your topic better before posting. :(

I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots.
Actually, precisely half all atheists are below average atheist intelligence. But please don't blame us for that. We're trying to get them above the median, but the goalposts keep moving. :(

Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous.
Since it never seems to work, you might be right. But short of revolution and anarchy, expecting others to be reasonable, diligent and accountable for their asserted authorities is all we've got. :(

Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second.
Oh dear. If only we'd gotten in with some fantasies of our own before the invention of public accountability for lying. :(

Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders.
Unfortunately, of all the things asserted to exist which don't, gods weren't the first, HP. Mythologies are full of beliefs older than gods. Since as atheists the burden to disprove all of them falls on our shoulders alone, we got together at the last Annual General Meeting (in which we also fabricate evidence for evolution and cosmology), and elected to proceed systematically through the alphabet, since that's only fair.

It's slow going though HP. We've been working on falsifying Achilles, Agamemnon, Agni from Hindu myth, King Arthur and Agravaine, plus Ajax, Andromache, Aphrodite, Argos and Asgard. Eventually we'll get to Y for Yahweh, but we might be a while.

But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence.
Well, you shouldn't blame us for that! We saw a bunch of religions claiming the authority to vilify, persecute, invade, imprison, torture, conquer, execute and force conversions on no evidence at all, and thought those were the rules.

But if they're not the rules, someone should really write the real rules down. :(

They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP.
I'm afraid I don't understand this one, HP. Was I born believing but didn't know? Did my parents fail to tell me that?

Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality.
Oh dear! That might be true! The problem is, if it is true, how will the religious ever persuade us it's so when the rules for their belief are different to the rules for atheist disbelief? :(

Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.
I can't speak for other atheists HP, but I don't mind whether you think God exists. I do mind though if you treat others as though God exists. Because that's like squirting someone with a fire-hose when you only think they're on fire. The first time is hilariously comedic; but day after day of it becomes a thing called water-boarding, which is generally accepted to be naughty. :(

Actually, Asgard isn't a god - it's god's abode.
Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:15:01 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/26/2016 4:21:58 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Yr Arbrawf Cymdeithasol

Athiests are a big group of idiots who have no hope. I mean seriously, they have no way to prove their right and more than half of them are idiots. Then they do the classic, "you asserted it" point which is absolutely ridiculous. Religion came first and you asserted that Gods don't exist came second. Therefore the BOP is upon their shoulders. But more than half of them don't know how to argue that God doesn't exist and that's why they use that excuse. Because they're too stupid to come up with evidence. They can't even claim to be a gentile either so they have no way of backing out of the BOP. Athiests are a bunch of idiots who claim they're the protectors of being rational when in truth, all they believe is based off of irrationality. Ignorance is blissful but Athiests do not have that ignorance so they try repeatedly to convince others that God doesn't exist so that they can pretend to still have that ignorance.

Islam is the belief of idiots. I'm not sure I would lump atheists, woo have not desire to kill Christians, with Muslims, who follow the ravings of a man who was a pig on nearly every level, and they demand we all elevate the degenerate to some holy status.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.