Christianity and Tempting the Lord

Irascible_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 12:53:06 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Just for fun:

During the Katrina hurricane, a Christian man in his low lying home was approached by a Parrish Deputy and told his home was in imminent danger of flooding. When the Deputy offered him a ride to shelter the man replied, "Thank you, but God will provide."

Several hours later a rescue boat approached his home, now surrounded by water. The rescuers offered him a ride to safety. The man scrambled out of sight, heading up a flight of stairs, saying that God would provide for him.

The next day a helicopter noticed a man sitting on a rooftop, which was the only portion of a house above water. Attempts by the crew of the helicopter to pluck the man from the roof were met with rebuffs. The man, alone and nowhere to go, was told rescue attempts were drawing to a close and they likely would not return. They pleaded with him to ride the helicopter to safety. He would not. "God will provide. Thank you for your concern, but it is not necessary," he said. The crew, agape and unable to speak, finally left him there.

That night, the man arrived at the seat of judgement. Our Lord opened the questioning with, "How is it you come before Me?" The man, a bit bewildered at the turn of things said, "A great flood was approaching me. I prayed for assistance from you, but now, I am here because I drowned in the flood."

Our Lord replied, "You prayed that I would provide for you. In answer, I provided you with a police officer's car, a rescue boat, and finally, a helicopter, all of which you rejected. Depart from me, you have disrespected my answers to your prayers."
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 1:29:53 PM
At 7/29/2016 12:53:06 AM, Irascible_Me wrote:
Just for fun:

During the Katrina hurricane, a Christian man in his low lying home was approached by a Parrish Deputy and told his home was in imminent danger of flooding. When the Deputy offered him a ride to shelter the man replied, "Thank you, but God will provide."

Several hours later a rescue boat approached his home, now surrounded by water. The rescuers offered him a ride to safety. The man scrambled out of sight, heading up a flight of stairs, saying that God would provide for him.

The next day a helicopter noticed a man sitting on a rooftop, which was the only portion of a house above water. Attempts by the crew of the helicopter to pluck the man from the roof were met with rebuffs. The man, alone and nowhere to go, was told rescue attempts were drawing to a close and they likely would not return. They pleaded with him to ride the helicopter to safety. He would not. "God will provide. Thank you for your concern, but it is not necessary," he said. The crew, agape and unable to speak, finally left him there.

That night, the man arrived at the seat of judgement. Our Lord opened the questioning with, "How is it you come before Me?" The man, a bit bewildered at the turn of things said, "A great flood was approaching me. I prayed for assistance from you, but now, I am here because I drowned in the flood."

Our Lord replied, "You prayed that I would provide for you. In answer, I provided you with a police officer's car, a rescue boat, and finally, a helicopter, all of which you rejected. Depart from me, you have disrespected my answers to your prayers."

+1
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 2:35:43 PM
At 7/29/2016 12:53:06 AM, Irascible_Me wrote:
Just for fun:

What about the many people around the world that pray to be rescued from suffering and death for their family with no answer? What is God's answer to their prayers?